Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #61
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Again, why is the government not alarmed?
With drinking driving, you think they would be, but I guess all they're worried about is $$$.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #62
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon
I agree,Where is DHS.If she is doing this to a 5 year old ,what is she going to do when he is 10 or 15,if he lives that long.
And what would you suggest they do?

There are that many limiting constraints on them that it isn't funny. Unfortunately there are people like this in the community and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an answer. It's all well and good to say the DHS and the govt need to do something, but what?

Put the child into foster care? Is that going to be any better? Is there a placement?

Society has a role here, a role that simply isn't being given enough justice.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #63
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
i don't think he's talking about banning it
Yes I was.

Far fetched maybe? Too difficult? Impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
but restriction seems a good idea.

no more advertising on TV just like cigarettes

drive thrus only open from 11am till 9pm. run out? bad luck.
What you're suggesting is the first step. The idea is right, but the execution, although very logical and straight forward, isn't.

The reason is, as mentioned above, there's dollars involved. So at the expense of people's sanity the government won't have a bit of this plan. Along the same lines of your suggestion, which I applaud you for bringing up, would be to place a ban on alcohol for anyone/anything born after 1995 (today's 15 year old). Grab them when they're young. Maybe at 15 they're already into the swing of things? Make it 1998 in that case.

Again, this will never work, as there's too much tax money to be made.

And there's too much advertising dollars to be made. (Imagine life without those massive budget ads we feel good watching. Ads made from beer... money.)

There's also money to be had in ads designed to warn of the misuse of alcohol. Or is that the government's way of making us think they care?

There's a popular story about a nation of drunkards in the 6th century, who, because of a few words, abandoned the vile drink so much so the wine flowed through the streets. No force required, just a few words.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #64
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Garunteed if this was the Father that did it rather than the mother...the end result would have been different... to many stories about idiotic parents mistreating their vulnerable kids...idiots !

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post