Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #61
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Is it a stupid idea to have a performance car now days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You really do have to stop watching "Fast and the Furious".

VERY few outrun Police and those who do are almost always known, especially in a small city like Rockvegas.

Do not, for one second, underestimate the skill and passion of Highway Patrol officers. All they do all day every day is observe cars and drivers not because it is their job but because the love every minute of it.

They know far more about you and your car(s) than you realise and if you play up they will remember and sort it later. They also talk to each other a LOT on the radio which is how you get rolled for unlicensed or whatever even though you are in someone else's car and behaving.
yep.. you make it into their top 10 dh list you wont even know youre being watched..
Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #62
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
You really do have to stop watching "Fast and the Furious".

VERY few outrun Police and those who do are almost always known, especially in a small city like Rockvegas.

Do not, for one second, underestimate the skill and passion of Highway Patrol officers. All they do all day every day is observe cars and drivers not because it is their job but because the love every minute of it.

They know far more about you and your car(s) than you realise and if you play up they will remember and sort it later. They also talk to each other a LOT on the radio which is how you get rolled for unlicensed or whatever even though you are in someone else's car and behaving.
I do have a funny story that contradicts that Flappy, although as it happened though i dunno if it was me or my mate that they intended as we were both in the wrong driving the same colour and make of car. Funny now but wasnt on the day. Lucky my car is slow

I agree 100% with what you say though. Just because you get away doesnt mean you will get away. See 99% of cars have whats called a number plate that belongs to their car and it is easily traceable.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #63
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
yep.. you make it into their top 10 dh list you wont even know youre being watched..

Actually its the top 500 DH list...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-0...ckdown/4237870
Quote:
Victorian police have identified the state's worst 500 hoons and drink-drivers as part of a major new operation to remove them from the state's roads.

Police say just 15 per cent of the state's most notorious repeat driving offenders hold a current drivers licence.

The rest of them have lost their licence to suspension or disqualification, but it has not deterred them from getting behind the wheel.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #64
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

it is funny, that when I drive the coupe (xb) I'm thinking of the movie "driving miss daisy". I crawl along and only get a casual glance. If I were to 'show off' the exhaust note or the acceleration, I would be getting the 'fast and furious' police attention.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #65
Trump
bitch lasagne

The mere fact that such a thread exists means that there is something epically rotten with the system. How is it just for a hack sitting on the side of the road be able to generate a "fine" for someone going about their day? How is it just that Govco Pty Ltd can and will use force to extort the money from you to pay for this "fine"?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #66
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it civil and on topic or I will demonstrate the use of a performance ban stick......
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #67
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Keep it civil and on topic or I will demonstrate the use of a performance ban stick......
Sounds so dirty. LMAO
Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #68
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awwww.. just playing with straight bat with twenty odd years of naughty modded / performance cars notched up...

back on topic
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #69
Trump
bitch lasagne

I'm not sure what pottery wrote in a subsequent edit. Anyway, we can all see the problem here, yet we are trying to skirt around it, trying to get away with things and just "take it on the chin". I for one have had enough of taking it on the chin, the "government" needs to be shown that the people are a force to be reckoned with, not an endless supply of money.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #70
red_hotxr6
Banned

No its not stupid to have one, so long as every thing on it is legal and you drive it according to the road rules there should be no problem. You want to race your performance car...go to the appropriate tracks...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #71
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

oops....wrong thread

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #72
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises
I'm not sure what pottery wrote in a subsequent edit. Anyway, we can all see the problem here, yet we are trying to skirt around it, trying to get away with things and just "take it on the chin". I for one have had enough of taking it on the chin, the "government" needs to be shown that the people are a force to be reckoned with, not an endless supply of money.

What are you proposing to do about it? Set up a protest infront of some gov't office over it all? Or is the protest going to be at the car's manufacturing plant/dalership? Or just flatly refuse to cough up any hard earned, because you got done for a moments inattention....

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone approves of the revenue raising techniques the gov't apply...The only "saving grace" is, should you be unlucky enough to be caught 10KMS over the limit, you do save a bit of hard earned.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #73
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I take a stand against fines everyday. I do not speed or do stupid stuff and this means I am not giving money to the Gov for no reason. It is a very basic and successful concept.

I love how people blame the Gov for there own stupidity.

I drive my 290KW GT every day, people drive more powered cars than my self everyday, and they do not get fined. It is easy. Do not be stupid, this is the best stand against the gov.

You say that people are a force to be reckoned with, what are you wanting to fight against, people allowed to do what ever they want on the road and put me and everyone else at risk?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #74
Trump
bitch lasagne

Protesting in front of the local members office won't achieve anything. If everyone refuses to pay any of the fines issued in the form of infringment notices, what would GovCo do, jail 15 million people?

Let me put something to the forum. Has anyone reading this actually gone out of their way and said to their local member that they want the government to be the arbiter of the "common good" and be the authority on road safety?

To me at least, it's lunacy that we as a nation have to ask government for permission to do pretty much anything. It defies all logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I take a stand against fines everyday. I do not speed or do stupid stuff and this means I am not giving money to the Gov for no reason. It is a very basic and successful concept.

I drive my 290KW GT every day, people drive more powered cars than my self everyday, and they do not get fined. It is easy. Do not be stupid, this is the best stand against the gov.

You say that people are a force to be reckoned with, what are you wanting to fight against, people allowed to do what ever they want on the road and put me and everyone else at risk?
Freedom over security... I know which one I'd choose.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #75
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Protesting in front of the local members office won't achieve anything. If everyone refuses to pay any of the fines issued in the form of infringment notices, what would GovCo do, jail 15 million people?

Let me put something to the forum. Has anyone reading this actually gone out of their way and said to their local member that they want the government to be the arbiter of the "common good" and be the authority on road safety?

To me at least, it's lunacy that we as a nation have to ask government for permission to do pretty much anything. It defies all logic.

I do have freedom, I can choose if I wish to break the law or not. If I break the law I need to be held responsible for my actions.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #76
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
I do have freedom, I can choose if I wish to break the law or not. If I break the law I need to be held responsible for my actions.
That isn't freedom, sorry.

The only one that I should be held responsibile to for my actions is myself. If I am not responsibile for my actions to myself (due to whatever reason), the following example would illustrate what happens.

To use a driving example, if I am stupid enough to take a bend on a road at a speed that is too fast for the conditions and way past the limits of the car I am driving, nature will hold me to account far more effectively than any man-made legal/lawful instrument ever will. In this example, I would slow down and take the bend at a speed that will mean I safely traverse it, not because some law said, but because I value my life more than getting to point B that little bit quicker.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #77
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

dont pay a fine in SA and bam bam.. in a matter of weeks $300 becomes near on $1k.. how do i know that..

state gumbyments are broke.. if you are caught out being naughty you will pay.. that is a definate..

as said before.. if you must blow the rust out of your exhaust.. pick the time and place carefully..
Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #78
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Yep if you get caught being a tool just admit you are a dumbass and take it up the ringpiece like a true champ,act like a staunch tuffy and your license will feel the wrath of mr policeman.
They always have the high and low levels of fines/charges and it depends on how you behave when pulled over.
The first words out of your mouth will determine how bad you cop it.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #79
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That isn't freedom, sorry.

The only one that I should be held responsibile to for my actions is myself. If I am not responsibile for my actions to myself (due to whatever reason), the following example would illustrate what happens.

To use a driving example, if I am stupid enough to take a bend on a road at a speed that is too fast for the conditions and way past the limits of the car I am driving, nature will hold me to account far more effectively than any man-made legal/lawful instrument ever will. In this example, I would slow down and take the bend at a speed that will mean I safely traverse it, not because some law said, but because I value my life more than getting to point B that little bit quicker.
So if you crash and kill another person and you walk away unharmed you should not be accountable for your actions by the law? Wait nature will hold you more accountable even tho you walk away unharmed, yet the person's family you have killed, has to live with your actions.

The problem with your theory is, no one cares about anyone else these days, and thinks there actions only effect them self.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #80
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
So if you crash and kill another person and you walk away unharmed you should not be accountable for your actions by the law? Wait nature will hold you more accountable even tho you walk away unharmed, yet the person's family you have killed, has to live with your actions.

The problem with your theory is, no one cares about anyone else these days, and thinks there actions only effect them self.
Firstly, if someone has died as a result of my actions on the road, I'd be the first to punish myself; I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I took an innocents life. I would go to the affected family and put myself at their feet and tell them to do with me what they will.

The reason no one cares about anyone else these days is because of the law. People have been conditioned into thinking that the law would be there to help them, to achieve vengeance, revenge, recompense, whatever. It has singlehandedly been the sole cause of people washing their hands of any personal responsibility.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #81
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok! That's it! If no one is going to ask this bloke, then I will.

Load Noises, WTF are you on champ?

There you go! I said it. Sorry! Someone had to ask.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #82
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Ok! That's it! If no one is going to ask this bloke, then I will.

Load Noises, WTF are you on champ?

There you go! I said it. Sorry! Someone had to ask.
I am not "on" anything J.C. For the first time in my life, I'm seeing through the smoke and mirrors and seeing the system for what it really is, a steaming pile of bull excrement being passed off as "government".

I actually find it both very interesting and very unsettling that I am but alone in seeking true freedom, that I have been deemed to be high on drugs or some other substance for seeking it.

Last edited by Trump; 02-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #83
Nova 8

Quote:
I am not "on" anything J.C. For the first time in my life, I'm seeing through the smoke and mirrors and seeing the system for what it really is, a steaming pile of bull excrement being passed off as "government".

I actually find it both very interesting and very unsettling that I am but alone in seeking true freedom, that I have been deemed to be high on drugs or some other substance for seeking it.
Freedom......

You want to be able to operate outside of the countries laws and be held accountable by nature and your own value system.... Thats freedom... Murderers will love it! You cant have that level of freedom without it forcing all other aspects of the criminal system to behave the same. If that is the freedom you seek I'd sugust moving somewhere else in the world, someone without order. Where you and your family is not protected... people from countries like that move here..... for freedom!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #84
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8
Freedom......

You want to be able to operate outside of the countries laws and be held accountable by nature and your own value system.... Thats freedom... Murderers will love it! You cant have that level of freedom without it forcing all other aspects of the criminal system to behave the same. If that is the freedom you seek I'd sugust moving somewhere else in the world, someone without order. Where you and your family is not protected... people from countries like that move here..... for freedom!
So you think the "law" and the ones known as the police protect you and your family...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #85
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Dont get too excited there ...... as there is a massive difference to someone who blatantly does stupid things in the wrong areas that cause people to crash, burn and kill and someone being attentive, driving to the conditions within the speed limit the majority of the time with a slight drift over the limit ..... I am sure most here ( I hope) would be against those that just are just plain DH;s on the roads.

And have to say on you saying that you do not break the law??? I can promise you do every time you drive .... no one .... and I mean absolutely no one ..... and doesn't matter if they drive a 15 year old Magna on their way to bowls or someone in a GT, Ferrari or whatever ..... in a 60 doing 61,2 or 5 you have broken the law and you have just become a hoon in today's way of thinking. Absolutely impossible not to do it ...... ever. Any one who says they never speed usually are saying, they haven't been caught in a while. No need to live in denial!

Rather be drifting between 55 and 65 in a 60 zone being totally aware of whats happening around you than just trying to stick to a number. Prefer others to do the same too! Would be a hell of a lot safer.

Of course it is not stupid to have a performance car these days ..... be bored if that was the case. Enjoy my driving too much ..... at the limit of course!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #86
Nova 8

The police have done a great deal to protect my family. Even now the law and police are doing a great deal to protect us all. When a sense of law is not present it all falls into disarray, people do not act humanely when they dont have to. Without government and law we would be governed by vigilanties. Look at the middle east, africa, hell even USA when Katrina hit. Groups going around stealing and rapping because they could...

You want all that just so you can go what ever speed you deem safe and IF/WHEN you kill someone your guilty consciences is enough for the family to be content with thier lost one... I guess they could just kill you right back, thats fine too in this free world...

I still say these new laws show the government are try to prove that they are after safer roads then jsut your dime. I dont think its the will work, but then its easy to sit back and shoot your mouth off when you look at things from a singular point of view. I bet its much harder when your view affects 21 million australians
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #87
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8
Police are great ...... etc
Yes we all know this but it is getting off topic! Starting from performance cars to the Middle East ...... I think things went Left somewhere.

Back on the topic to some sort fo degree please?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #88
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:

I've got a good idea for you...You don't want to pay fines...Don't then...The system in S.A (and possibly other states) is, don't pay the fine and the gov't can take property...So win, win situation....You won't have your high performance car anymore (so you'll have to buy a cheap buzzbox) and you won't be out of pocket paying the fine.

If you don't want to give the gov't any money, just don't speed...Real simple....

Oh and finally...get a life....Go protest outside gov't house about all this and see how far you get....My guess, not real far.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #89
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
What are you proposing to do about it? Set up a protest infront of some gov't office over it all? Or is the protest going to be at the car's manufacturing plant/dalership? Or just flatly refuse to cough up any hard earned, because you got done for a moments inattention....

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone approves of the revenue raising techniques the gov't apply...The only "saving grace" is, should you be unlucky enough to be caught 10KMS over the limit, you do save a bit of hard earned.

Im going to setup a fight club , you know the rest..
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #90
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Could you come out my area and teach this basic theory
Yet again a drive on the weekend resulted in some buzzbox overtaking ,only 2 cars this time with me in the 4x4 and trailer in tow coming towards them
This idiots assumption was id move,so foot hard on the brake, bitta trailer sway , and nowhere to move of the curb
It wont be my unpedestrian freindly bullbar he will remember first,itll be the mass weight of the 4x4 and the few tonne extra on the back, at 100Ks, thatll send him or any stoopid person on a one way rapid entrant to the other side
Im so over these idiots who not flaunt the law, but demonstrate absolute stupidity ,and there not all young bucks
So one selfishness would have involved a massive pile up, yeah thats looking after onesself
Cant judge distant and/or speed , stay of the road, you will injure yourself or others
Closed Thread