Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #61
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also i guess ill be up for another wheel alingment as well

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #62
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was getting sick of the noise today, so me and my grandfather pulled my wheel off and found that the mech who put my camber caster kit on never tightend up the top arm and it was causing it to knock, so i tightend the arm up today and no more knocking, also when they put my wheel back on they stripped one of my studs,

thank god for that, my orignal ball joints live on to die another day

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #63
The Monty
Just slidin'

New suspension will come loose usually within a day or two of installation, its happened to me twice. Just retighten everything after a good drive and it should be right.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #64
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all good now anyways, what beats me is they did the wheel alingment like that,

anyways saved my self some money, car is booked in for a free check over on wednesday anyways to make sure, different place as well

Old 22-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #65
xr8cam

Default Re: steering wheel shudder

Do you know if fluid comes out when the rack switch is taken off to change over?
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: steering wheel shudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camo View Post
Do you know if fluid comes out when the rack switch is taken off to change over?
Thread is 4 years old I think it would be fixed by now

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post