Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #61
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to reveal Falcon next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
If Labor win, I will put $1000 on the table that the plant will close before the update will be released.
I would say senior management are very frustrated and may not be interested in dealing with a govt that pulled the rug out from underneath them.
Libs are pulling 500 million out of car industry support, looks like both parties have their grubby mitts on that rug. Spend that $1000 on your car instead.
Bill.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #62
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Quote:
If Labor win, I will put $1000 on the table that the plant will close before the update will be released.
I would say senior management are very frustrated and may not be interested in dealing with a govt that pulled the rug out from underneath them.
Personally I believe this forum should be free of political banter after all from what I am getting out of what all has been said is that Holden are waiting to see who wins the election because if it was Labor the problem they would have left before Ford.
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Why would the gov tip money into a company that shows no interest in making the platform "futureproof".
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #64
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Anyway.........
It's not just Falcon that is being revealed next week. I hear that a lot of details of Ford's future models will be available. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but time will tell.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #65
xr6turbo270kw

2014 falcon will share the Identical front to the 2014 new mondeo. Rear end will get a new decklid and tailamps Incorporated into the decklid new rear bumper. Not to much changed on the Interior.
xr6turbo270kw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #66
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo270kw View Post
2014 falcon will share the Identical front to the 2014 new mondeo. Rear end will get a new decklid and tailamps Incorporated into the decklid new rear bumper. Not to much changed on the Interior.
So this is a good look at fh then?

nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
how about a front that looks similar but a lot more "angry"?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #68
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I wonder...

Will the Falcon share some components with the next mustang as a cost saving measure?

Save's a bit of money being able to use the dies again in a stamping plant somewhere else...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #69
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Dont judge too soon, the latest news Ive heard is that there will be novated leases with a $3000 rebate ifthe car is made in Aus.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #70
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:

Would own that.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #71
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If its a cynical cut and paste of the corporate maw, I will be disappointed.
I will accept they probably can't match Holden for technology, but if they don't improve the packaging ( tall seat, steering reach, thick knee-fouling console) or make a sports suspension ecoboost to leapfrog VF's dynamics, then to me it will be nothing more than an FG in its coffin suit.

And I won't buy a car that represents a passionless 'refresh', rampant cost-cutting, or a toned-down wasted opportunity.

If,OTOH, theres some evidence the engineers and designers put some passion into sending it out with a bang, I will 100% be getting one.

Last edited by FalconXV; 08-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #72
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
And I won't buy a car that represents a passionless 'refresh', rampant cost-cutting, or a toned-down wasted opportunity.
That's exactly what I thought of the FGII.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #73
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Leave the politics out of this thread, the discussion is about the article posted in the 1st post.

================================================== ============

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
That article is so full of factual errors it is not funny. Who ever wrote it has no idea about recent Falcons at all.

--

"Ford could also deem the FPV F6’s 270kW/565kW 4.0-litre inline turbo-six" - The kw figure is wrong and the torque figure is listed as kw.
Hi Trev, they changed it at approx 11.45 pm.

''Ford could also deem the FPV F6’s 310kW/565Nm 4.0-litre inline turbo-six, which some regard as the finest engine ever produced in Australia, too good not to continue in the MY14 Falcon line-up, perhaps badged as the Falcon XR6''

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #74
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Just another sneaky plan for its demise..... Lets reveal details and pictures of a car we aren't going to put on sale for another 12 months... Whats that going to do to FG2? LOL!

Graziano is a smart man!
It's a controlled fall. That much is certain. But once they've started it on the fall, the trick for them is keeping Falcon viable just enough until they can close the doors in October 2016, without creating a demand for the vehicle that might make people question the decision to end the Falcon and close the plant.

Getting back to the thread subject: I am highly anticipating the reveal of the last Falcon's new look.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #75
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo270kw View Post
I tend to agree that this approach is probably on the money. The Falcon will
morph into the Mondeo/Fusion, which will likely be its successor as the local
(large-ish) sedan in the Ford lineup when the Falcon departs. This sort of
approach may then provide the impression that the Falcon-to-the-Mondeo is
a fairly seamless transition, certainly in terms of styling.

I figure that this method is already out on the table at Holden.
Have a side-by-side look at new VF and the (Chevvy) Holden Malibu......
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #76
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Just another sneaky plan for its demise..... Lets reveal details and pictures of a car we aren't going to put on sale for another 12 months... Whats that going to do to FG2? LOL!

Graziano is a smart man!
The problem is there's a misconception by some that Ford is pulling out of Australia completely. With no motor show this year and Ford had some big plans for it, they need to do as much as possible to reverse this and spread some good news.

O/t. A little but I've recently watched some Youtube vids on the 2013/14 Explorer (by dealer staff etc.., not company vids) and I have to say I would really be interested in this as a possible Terry replacement, wonder if it will have a diesel in 2016?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #77
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:

I would be very happy for the new Falcon to look similar to the image, and would be happy to have one in my driveway.

My selfish preference is for tech upgrades to be practical and not too "out there" , I'm likely to be keeping it for 15+ years and prefer not to have irrelevant poorly designed tech that cost's a fortune to repair/replace (but the again, I'm not the general buying public).

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #78
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

If the Falcon looks a lot like that Fusion ill be pretty happy, although I hope the interior gets more of a refresh than is being suggested, the FGII is nice but its hardly comparable with a high series VF.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #79
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

No offence to FG owners but the Falcon desperately needs a interior refresh rather than just smacking in a massive touchscreen. We used to lead the pack with the interior....

That Fusion gives me a tingle.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #80
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Hazard to guess the interior will get some attention. They just wouldn't leave it 'as is' for an MCE.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #81
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech wise, Ford may not go overboard as they know the Falcon is on the way out. But I would be surprised if they don't add parking assist or blind spot monitor.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #82
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They really need to do something with the rear end. I hate the tail lights and boot line. Hopefully they will.

A V8 G6E would be nice too. I'm seriously thinking about a new car. I'm a 1%er. I like big sedans with all the bells & whistles. I don't like all the sports kits and stripes and spoilers though. I want a classy rig without all the body kit extras. I also want an Aussie made car.

I want a lazy sounding V8 luxo barge. Not a 6 or a turbo. A V8. That means Calais at this stage, because I can't get the equivalent in a Ford.

Regarding the latest VFACTS thread - someone said that a third of all Commodore sales are V8's. They can't all be SS and HSV models. That third (around 1000 units) last month equals nearly double the Falcon's total sales. Twice as many Holden V8's hit the road than the Falcon in total sales.

V8 Luxo barges.

All you Mad Max fans - do you find it as ironic as I do that the "last V8" is going to turn out to be a Holden? The Nightrider was on the money after all.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #83
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati888 View Post
They really need to do something with the rear end. I hate the tail lights and boot line. Hopefully they will.

A V8 G6E would be nice too. I'm seriously thinking about a new car. I'm a 1%er. I like big sedans with all the bells & whistles. I don't like all the sports kits and stripes and spoilers though. I want a classy rig without all the body kit extras. I also want an Aussie made car.

I want a lazy sounding V8 luxo barge. Not a 6 or a turbo. A V8. That means Calais at this stage, because I can't get the equivalent in a Ford.

Regarding the latest VFACTS thread - someone said that a third of all Commodore sales are V8's. They can't all be SS and HSV models. That third (around 1000 units) last month equals nearly double the Falcon's total sales. Twice as many Holden V8's hit the road than the Falcon in total sales.

V8 Luxo barges.

All you Mad Max fans - do you find it as ironic as I do that the "last V8" is going to turn out to be a Holden? The Nightrider was on the money after all.
What's wrong with a GT-E?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Price !!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #85
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Falcon GT

Just the way god intended
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #86
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's $81K.

It's supercharged.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #87
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VF Calais V with V8 is $55k drive away,,bargain!!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #88
strobe

Quote:
They don't make them anymore?
strobe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #89
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
VF Calais V with V8 is $55k drive away,,bargain!!
Do you know whether Holden do factory gas on their V8's?

One of those on gas - I don't think I would ever need to buy another car again.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #90
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
No offence to FG owners but the Falcon desperately needs a interior refresh rather than just smacking in a massive touchscreen. We used to lead the pack with the interior....
I agree. I've never really liked the FG interior, and the FGII's touchscreen looks rather 'tacked on'. A full interior redesign would be a good thing.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post