Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #61
Ford_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I'm also a Christian and have seen a few demons. I also believe that they pretend to be relatives etc to lure us away from a belief in God.

I have seen a few demons, both were scary red-eyed things, the first was looking at me through a door of a house, he hissed. I freaked. I wasn't a Christian at time but I knew that it had to nick off in the Name of Jesus. So I called that out and it was gone. My brother is a Christian and gave me that info. Boy am I glad that he did! LOL!

Another time, about 5 years later, I had been having some prayer at church for a few things and felt like I was coughing one up, not quite exorcist style LOL! but it was uncomfortable. As we prayed about some of my hurts and painful stuff, God did some wonderful healing in my life. It felt as though I was being filled up with a beautiful presence of God, this yuck inside me was being ejected. I know this sounds wierd, but it's what happened to me about 10 years ago.

I had this wierd feeling that something was in my room not long after, It was 3 in the morning, and I looked up to see an outline, again with the red eyes looking at me. I instantly recognised it as the spirit I'd coughed up and it came back to claim me.

I asked it to leave in jesus' name, but it didn't go. I thought this was wierd until, I heard a voice (that I recognised as Jesus) tell me to stand up and face it. Jesus wanted me to look at this spirit (I wanted to hide!) and take authority over it and recognise that I now belonged to Jesus and that His power was stronger than any other.

I knew now that he couldn't have me, and now had no right to harass me (because of the things God had done in that special prayer time), so I stood up, had a look, and boldy told it to get lost in Jesus' name.

I've not seen a spirit in such a way since.

If you know me, you'll know that I love God and am pretty full on about it. Now you know some of the reason why.

Well there's a bit of my story!

Cheers,

GK

Mate, I haven't actually experienced that whilst being awake, but in my sleep I have had some really freaky dreams, they seemed to be alot different to a normal dream though. Most dreams are crazy and mean nothing and are very abstract, these dreams were different they were very clear.

The dreams that I have had are like something very evil trying to get me, most times I stand up and fight (whilst im asleep) I pray to Jesus in my dream and most times they seem to go or I wake up in an absolute mess!!!!

Truth is that I have these dreams when I stray, it's like I am being shown what is gonna happen if I stay off the rails.
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #62
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Okay, I may have said this before sometime, but if I didn't - I am now.

My Parents Place.
We have reason to believe that my folks place is haunted in some way. I haven't lived
there in 6yrs or so, but events continue. This is what several different people have seen.

- My sister had the feeling she was being watched. She swears she heard footsteps on the tile floor and the feeling of someone breathing down her neck.

- Pictures have fallen off the walls and no picture ever stays straight - no matter what you do, some spots on the wall cause pictures to angle overnight. Curiously, some pictures have fallen over while being on little easel stands. This means that they had to be pushed forward off the easel.

- A stack of trays and kitchen stuff feel off the top of a kitchen cupboard while I was home alone. It wasn't exactly resting on the edge, so it would have needed to come at least a foot sideways just to get off the cupboard, let alone to land in the centre of the kitchen floor a meter away.

- I saw what appeared to be a grey shadow, the size of a basketball, floating down the hallway towards the main room. I was in the main room when I saw it, lying on the couch looking at the hallway. I had the feeling it saw me watching it, although there was no-way of telling because it looked the same... but it then shot back down the hallway like a bullet.

My dad has a pet lorrekeet that is petrified of the dark. We wondered why until we thought about all of these elements. She will only sleep at night, in the dark, if you cover the cage so she can't see outside.

Now, for the final event that only happened last year when my uncle stayed at my folks place, in my sisters old bedroom.

He walked into the bedroom and saw a woman looking in the mirror - thinking nothing of it, he left the room and went into the lounge room and turned white when he discovered my mother and other sister there. His wife was in the shower - there was no-one this woman could have been.

When he went back into the bedroom and she had vanished.

True story.

My wife's fathers place is also haunted, with far scarier stories in that place...when we bought our house, I was happiest about the fact that it wasn't haunted. I'll never live in either of those places again.

The women in the mirror one is off tap, sent chills down my spine.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #63
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Crazy
Truth is that I have these dreams when I stray, it's like I am being shown what is gonna happen if I stay off the rails.
I reckon that's probably a good interpretation of their function.

My understanding is that our sin opens up opportunities for us to be harassed. I've heard that demons are very legalistic and can only hang around if they've been given permission (by way of our sin) or invitation by way of occultic activity etc.

I guess the way to stay safe and strong is to stay on the straight and narrow. If we stick with Jesus, He's got our back!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #64
Ford_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I reckon that's probably a good interpretation of their function.

My understanding is that our sin opens up opportunities for us to be harassed. I've heard that demons are very legalistic and can only hang around if they've been given permission (by way of our sin) or invitation by way of occultic activity etc.

I guess the way to stay safe and strong is to stay on the straight and narrow. If we stick with Jesus, He's got our back!

GK
Very true mate, nothing can hurt you when Jesus is behind you!!!!
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #65
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was putting in a phone for an retired lady and I saw a short old man out of the side of my eye come into the room this was in the middle of the day .
I turned around and he was gone I thought it must of been a neighbour I asked the lady, she didnt beleive me as the person I described was her husband who had died and used to sleep in that room.
I have had scary experiences working on diesel locomotives at night I had been called out to fix a fault and heard someone walking along the side of the loco felt like someone was there but there was no one .
I mentioned this a year or so later to some of the blokes that work full time at the loco shed and they told me how scared they are at night when they hear someone climbing on the loco and hear footsteps and there is no one there .
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #66
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Crazy
Very true mate, nothing can hurt you when Jesus is behind you!!!!
Indeed!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #67
TomXY
XY

but jesus isnt real?
and even if he was, then he was the biggest con man who ever lived.
Old 25-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #68
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomXY
but jesus isnt real?
Are you for real Tom? That's really funny!

In all seriousness though, if you honestly believe that, then you obviously don't know Him very well at all!

How many people have ever lived a moral life such as He, taught with more wisdom than He, healed more people than He, and proved His power by fulfilling several dozen prophecies written about Him over 500 years before His birth. And just to top all that awesomeness off, He was raised from the dead!

It's been said that He was either a
Liar, Lunatic or Lord.

You know where I stand, I see where you do also.

But making the claim that He didn't exist is pretty misinformed. I guess now you'll tell me over 6 million Jews weren't exterminated 50 odd years ago.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Last edited by GK; 25-06-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 25-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #69
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jesus was real.

He was the birth of the hippy.

Let's all love each other, share everything and leave in peace.

Now why don't we pray to the hippies down the road?

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #70
TomXY
XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Are you for real Tom? That's really funny!

GK
yeah thats what i believe, whats funny to me is how people can believe in something they have never met or seen. whats the point in believing in jesus if he doesnt do anything for you?
Old 26-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #71
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomXY
yeah thats what i believe, whats funny to me is how people can believe in something they have never met or seen. whats the point in believing in jesus if he doesnt do anything for you?
You don't want Jesus, you want a genie in a lamp!

As for Him not doing anything for you, like I said earlier, clearly you don't know Him then.

Also, have you ever met other famous historical people, Abraham Lincoln, Sir Robert Menzies, JFK, Martin Luther King? I'm sure you could be inspired by such, but not have ever seen them.

It's different with Jesus though Tom, because He was actually raised from the dead! Sounds silly I know, but there is a great wealth of evidence for it. Not just fluffy stuff either, but sound evidence that people of far higher intelligence than us verified. If you'd like to look at some, I'll send you a book if you like.

Let me know, only happy to help!

Cheers,

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Last edited by GK; 26-06-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 26-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #72
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Ok when did this cool topic about ghosts turn into a Christian rally?
Old 26-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #73
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_5litre
Ok when did this cool topic about ghosts turn into a Christian rally?
Just in case you haven't been observing very closely, you'll have seen that I was responding to someone else's comment.

Hey it's a free forum isn't it! LOL!

I'm sure the posts will soon revert back to ghosts and other such paranormal activity, just hang in there!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #74
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

Off topic people. We are talking about Ghosts, mythical creatures etc. Which do go hand in hand with Jesus but you know. Just joking mate, each to their own.
savagE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #75
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Well I wasnt calling you out personally.... and no unfortunately it isnt a free forum as religious topics are frowned upon just like political ones.

Anyways back on topic..... I watched that youtube video and fairdinkum nearly crapped my daks... how cool are poltergeists ???? I reckon it'd be awesome to witness one..... whats the worst that could happen to you.... maybe get a brown racing stripe in your undies lol
I tried to con my wife into watching it but she bailed out nearly at the start... damn scaredy cat.

Ive never had a paranormal experience and thats probably why i'm so casual about it.... the two scariest things Ive ever seen in my life are my mother-in-law and my wifes vagina during child birth....... lol
Old 26-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #76
Eb Barbie
Banned

Thort I'd add a few more lil stories. Will try keep em short & sweet:

-My best friend thinks a ghost is in their house coz around the same time every night her and her folks (who sleep on a lower level of the house) hear footsteps run up the stairs, through the house, through the kitchen and run through the front door, then running down the outside stairs.

-Best friends mum was driving home around 3am on her own, big empty roads when a girl stepped out from the side of the road. She hit the girl who went over the car hitting the bumper, bonnet then roof. She quickly pulled over and ran to see the girl to find that there was nothing there at all!!

-Another friend has her grandads ashes in their house as they havent had time to spread them yet. Her shower always turns on by itself so someone has to go turn it off. They make jokes sayin its their grandad. Was on the phone at her place with her sittin beside me, no one else home when the shower turned on and this huge breeze blew past us to the window which slid open and blew the curtains around. Thing that freaked me is her windows slide sideways to open and there was a wood piece there to hold it closed!

I definately believe in ghosts/spirits whatever they are. Hope I never actually see one though!!
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #77
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've got some other entities that share our house, they are all good natured though and seem to be looking after the house. It was built in 1860 and renovations usually seem to stir up odd occurrances, like thay are checking out what we are doing. Usually meets with their approval though.
The other day I repaired the marble fireplace in one of the rooms and when I walked in after getting home there was a really strong floral perfume in the room.
Here's a house that dosen't have friendly spirits though, have a read of some of the stories on their site, makes your hair curl! http://www.montecristo.com.au/
Regards,
Tote
Old 26-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #78
gtfpv
GT

well surprisingly it looks like a few members actually have had experiances with ghosts . .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #79
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
We've got some other entities that share our house, they are all good natured though and seem to be looking after the house. It was built in 1860 and renovations usually seem to stir up odd occurrances, like thay are checking out what we are doing. Usually meets with their approval though.
The other day I repaired the marble fireplace in one of the rooms and when I walked in after getting home there was a really strong floral perfume in the room.
Here's a house that dosen't have friendly spirits though, have a read of some of the stories on their site, makes your hair curl! http://www.montecristo.com.au/
Regards,
Tote
good ol Monte Cristo, nice place, wouldnt want to live there though
Old 26-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #80
Nate07

Have a look in this forum ~~~~~>
http://www.ghostplace.com/forum/portal_content.asp
Nate07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #81
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
well surprisingly it looks like a few members actually have had experiances with ghosts . .
And I would put money on it saying that most of us, dont smoke crack & dont talk rubbish. BTW, I decided to watch that video from youtube, such crap, BAD acting too.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #82
NT XR6

I took about 200 photos on the weekend at the supercars, 2 of them are with me in them and there is a white light on my right. All the others do not have it, the two photos were both taken in a different spot and at a different time yet the light is the same in both? Got me f%&ked
NT XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #83
tough_ea88
WTB cheap manual e-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT XR6
I took about 200 photos on the weekend at the supercars, 2 of them are with me in them and there is a white light on my right. All the others do not have it, the two photos were both taken in a different spot and at a different time yet the light is the same in both? Got me f%&ked

post them, it could be anything, dust on the lens, a reflection from a windscreen or watch, im sure a few of us here wouldnt mind having a look anyways

______
ben
tough_ea88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #84
Nate07

Quote:
Were they of the same car?

If so, that would be freaky...
Nate07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #85
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
2 of them are with me in them and there is a white light on my right.
lolz ... i dont think they were of any cars?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #86
fordxrtfan

I was sceptic till I had a ghostly experience (which is the only explantion for what happened)

Winter White
6 Speed Manual, Sunroof, Premium Audio System, Side Airbags, Bluetooth, DVD Satellite Navigation, Reverse Parking Sensor, Ipod/MP3 kit, Tinted windows, Brembos, Enkei RPO3 wheels
Phase 3 kit, installed & tuned by Autotech 332rwkw
!!FOR SALE!!
fordxrtfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #87
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Well, I have had as many stories as anyone would like to have in 3 lifetimes.
I grew up in a Nursing home that my parents owned, ran & lived in, and some of the stuff that happened was just plain freaky.
Thank god we sold up and got the hell out of there.
Thing is, the house we moved into, the previous owner croaked it in the parents room (confirmed by neighbor), mum sees him, dad sees him in the backyard, little brother was pinned to the bed by him, so on and so on.
for some reason, this guy doesn't bother me one bit!
sorry to bore you all

Thing is, so many people refuse to accept that they are here and real, till something like the things i have experienced, you just can't deny it.
Bloody Hell mate!!! Thats just plain ********ed up!!! I'd be out of there quicker than you can say BOO!

I believe in ghosts and spirits and all that, and generally manage to freak myself out at least once a month. I used to always freak myself out driving home from Geelong on my own. The cappa leather with headlights from the cars coming the opposite way reflecting on the headrests always made me think there was someone in the backseat. I dont know how many times I was too scared to look around. haha... im pathetic. lol!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #88
trent
Starter Motor

Thought i would post a few pictures of a couple of Orb's i managed to capture on film a few months ago at Fremantle Prison

[IMG][/IMG]

trent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #89
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Had a few things happen in a place i used to rent and lived in by myself, lights used to turn on and off and in the middle of the night someone or something used to run up and down the stairs. The first time i watched a horror movie-alone-right at the scariest bit my goddamn dvd player just turns off, scared the be-jesus out of me!
...god i hate ghosts..
Hehehe this made me giggle... I can just picture it... lol You poor buggar. I think I'd be ringing a friend or paying for a hotel for the night.
Old 27-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #90
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Ive been lucky and haven't really ever had a ghost experience, although ive heard stories from people who swear they have. Have also heard some very freaky stories from people who have been to psychics. The best one was a friend of mine from work went to a psychic who kept looking to her left when she was sitting there, bent down next to my friend and said, hello mate. She then told my friend that her German Shepheard is still looking after her and was sitting right beside her. None of us knew her dog had even died! She came out balling her eyes out and when she told us it gave us all some serious goose-bumps all over!!!!

I have had a "weird" experience though. My dad passed away in July last year, his ashes are still in my room as my sister is in Germany and we wanted to do it when she came home. Anyway, every night (since he died) Id say goodnight to him in my head then go to sleep. I started realising on nights that I forgot to say goodnight, I was having very weird dreams with him in them... not scary, just weird. I'd wake up, say goodnight then would go to sleep no probs. Maybe just a guilty concience, i dont know... but thats about the closest thing ive ever had.

I think I'd probly pass out if I ever did see a ghost or anything freaky like that though!