Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #61
ACEz

Default Re: Pictures of FG2 FPVs

Get rid of those decals ! or atleast change them , as soon as someone sees one of these cars, the first remark i hear is those stickers are terrible :/
Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Doesn't take long for the whingers to pipe up.

Seriously, if you hate Ford so much what the hell are you all doing on AFF and not LS1?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #63
FezXR6

I think all three look fantastic as always and I'm looking forward to the new line up coming out.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #64
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Doesn't take long for the whingers to pipe up.

Seriously, if you hate Ford so much what the hell are you all doing on AFF and not LS1?
as usual just the ones with big mouths and little wallets........
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #65
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Would be nice to see some flared agressive looking guards and 295 tyres in the back end. Also the addition of an agressive I am coming to get you bonnet scoop on the f6 gt or gs to intimdate.Apart from that they look ok.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #66
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Would be nice to see some flared agressive looking guards and 295 tyres in the back end. Also the addition of an agressive I am coming to get you bonnet scoop on the f6 gt or gs to intimdate.Apart from that they look ok.
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #67
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i don't agree. if i buy a GS and park it next to someone's xr6, unless you are well aware that ford only offer the v8 through FPV, then there is no real stand out feature that says this is a FPV! its a shame FPV don't have their own unique design language across the whole range.
I see where you're coming from, but, about 2 months ago a saw a black GS 315 without the stickers, and it had the 335's rims. From the rear you could tell it wasn't an XR6, as it had the quad pipes. Side on you knew it was an FPV thanks to the FPV badge on the flank (plus the GT's rims), and, moving further alongside it there was that bulge. A train-spotter wouldn't mistake for an XR8 because you don't see many XR8's with a debadged skirt. Anyway, to say this car looked amazing is an understatement.

On one hand I think those are right that say there needs to be a little differentiation to it without resorting to stickers, but on the other I tend to agree more with Damo; wgaf with a motor like that!
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #68
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Headlights xenon or just projector?
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #69
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Man the GT still looks since its release.

I wanna see the GS in a different colour as not sure on that blue. But after seeing SgtBourne's picture it might the sticker pack that is causing the issue. Otherwise still a good value vehicle when your looking at what your getting under the hood.

Anyone get interior photo's of the GS??
Old 05-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #70
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

The F6/GT dont look much different which is fine with me. GS definately gained more due to the "ford" base vehicle getting a front upgrade...
Still not liking the projector low beam lights though. They may have looked better if they were fitted as the "outside" lights with the high beams being the bigger inside ones.

Last edited by zoomie; 05-12-2011 at 01:13 AM.
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #71
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG50T
Headlights xenon or just projector?
Projectors using 2 x H7 bulbs... No more H4 hi low for the inner light..

They do not perform as good as FG1 lights I am told.... Looks over function, and they dont look that good either (projector should have been on the outside/highbeam inside).

The GS is a tough car, its too dear to be an XR8 but too cheap to be an FPV, its feels a bit lost I think, but at the end of the day FG2 improves on FG1, so we should be happy.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #72
Venomous1
5.0 means business

All 3 Look TOPS well done Fpv and Ford.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #73
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry F
The whole thing looks like Ford/FPV haven't got money. Those wheels on the F6 look like dark grey GT wheels - BORING!!! The GS is still running BF series alloys - yawn... ...
You may or may not recall the classic 'snowflake' designed wheel that was introduced on the XE Fairmont Ghia and ESP models, which was carried over on the XF and the EA. There was also a worldwide stock market crash and recovery during that time...sound familiar?

Maybe there just isn't any other wheel that FPV designers feel is more appropriate? If you dont' like the style or any other aspect of the car then change it to your liking. Simple.

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

Last edited by falcongt4me; 05-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.
falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #74
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
as usual just the ones with big mouths and little wallets........

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #75
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

What colour is that GS? Could that be a return of BLUEPRINT?

Lukeyson
Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #76
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
With a supercharged V8 under the hood why would you give a flying f.

The engine is the No1 attraction, the rest just keeps you dry and stops the bugs from hitting your face.

nowhere have i said the car is poor value, or not a good package. all i'm saying is from a brand image point of view, it doesn't seem to fit.

as for those saying the GT wouldn't sell if the GS looked similar, does the G6 outsell the G6E?

i'm not looking at it from a buyers point of view. i can't afford to drop 30k on a new car, let alone 60! if those forking out the coin are happy with it then thats fine. i didn't realise FPV were off limits when it came to opinions on their looks etc.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #77
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So not a single mechanical change for FG2?

Somebody (I can’t remember who) was saying on the forum the F6 was gonna get some mechanical changes, but I guess that was a pipe dream … what about the pricing is it gona stay the same or go down? FPV was struggling to sell the F6 at 60K drive away, a better touch screen won’t change that.
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #78
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

F6 is getting a price reduction to tempt more Turbo buyers..

perhaps Mk111 will have mechanical changes? (suspension/wider rear tyres)
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #79
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
So not a single mechanical change for FG2?
why should there be?
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #80
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

All I see is new headlight globes and a different front bumper on a ute, and they call this series 2?....
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #81
Chopped
as in chopped

That Ford XR front design on the GS looks hot.

I still think a one colour bumper would look better
Old 05-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #82
4stanger