Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #61
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

i know were the speed limit is on my cars.

i was just using it as example that there are alot of other factors then just looking at the speedo.

Last edited by kiwikid; 09-04-2005 at 10:04 PM.
kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #62
paul7v7
bring it on

I think this new law is a great idea. We all have brains so why don't we use them? If you feel the need to do a brunout or act like a total *** on the public roads then you must realise that you're breaking the law and the concequence will soon follow. SIMPLE, not bloody rocket science. DON'T ACT LIKE AN IDIOT AND YOU WILL BE FINE.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #63
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid

so to make sure im not going 3k's over the limit i have to watch the speedo more than the road

what a load of crap. if you cant tell what speed you are doing just by the sound of the engine or the 'feel' of your car then you need to pay more attention. every person that drives should basically know what speed they are doing without looking at the speedo.
the most used speed limits are 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100kmh, surely by now you know what your car sounds and feels like at these speeds.
i know i do and i only need a quick glance down to make sure im not 2-3kmh over.
like it has been said if you cant do more than one task while your driving then you should be walking instead.
this comes back to how easy it is for EVERYONE to get a license even when they dont have the ability to do all that is required of them when they are behind the wheel.

EDIT: you beat my post. you stated in post 61 that you know how to do these things so everyone else can use this post as an example then.

Last edited by Kryton; 09-04-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #64
kiwikid

i cant hone down how the car feels, revs, sounds to 3k's..... if you can mabey you should go work at NASA.

i have not been talking about speeding in mass amounts, i have only been talking about 3k's over is a bit harsh..
Old 09-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #65
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
i cant hone down how the car feels, revs, sounds to 3k's..... if you can mabey you should go work at NASA.

i have not been talking about speeding in mass amounts, i have only been talking about 3k's over is a bit harsh..
3klms yes might be a bit harsh but in your case as you have aready pointed out that would be 8 kms over.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #66
kiwikid

exatly, what if i didnt know my car was 5k's faster than the speedo is telling me?

i do compensate it so i dont get a ticket as well as with the miles in the zc, but what if i didnt know better?
Old 09-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #67
LSD

ignorance is no excuse
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:16 AM   #68
kiwikid

you are talking about ignorace, but dont contemplate how quick and easy it is to gain 3k's...

so you can honostly say that you have never strayed to 63 in a 60 zone or 103 in a 100 zone etc, i seriously doubt it!

i agree that to speed is plan stupid, but 3k's.... come off it.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:46 AM   #69
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

the guy that hit those people is actually my mate and i was there witnessing the whole event not his fault that people decide to run on the road everything else was fine before that
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #70
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
the guy that hit those people is actually my mate and i was there witnessing the whole event not his fault that people decide to run on the road everything else was fine before that

Sorry to say but yes he is 100% at fault.
What he was doing was wrong, he knows it, we know it and you know it.
Had it been in a controlled enviroment such as a race track spectators would not have been around, would have been barriered had saftey personal there, had public liabality insurance for an event and if someone was to stray onto the track there would have been red flags waved everywhere making sure the driver stopped. If you honestly believe it was not his fault you too need your licence & car taken away too.

Last edited by Yaw; 10-04-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #71
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Here Here Yaw. No excuse for stupidity.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #72
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Well Saturday night 12;30 am a ****er in a gold sitting on bump stops car ( just happend to be a VN ) come screeming down the main street its only a 40km zone and i would have put his speed alone through the round about of at least 90ks as it was on bump stops it skiped and the 1st thing i said to my missers was get up the gutter and helped push her there me and 2 other ppl followed as the tool 1/2 lost control of his car
it was not good driving that saved him it was just pure LUCK this person has all ready wiped out 4 of his cars b4 and had his car taken of him for " Hooning "
and yet he still dose it . If you call the cops they get there 10 mins later couse they are 300meters away and have "better things to do then chase ppl " AND THATS THERE WORDS !!!
so this new hoon law 1 part of me says ... bring it on ... the other part thinks it could be abused and thats going to be a sad day not for just me or ppl that i know but maybe every 1 who thinks about have a neat cruiser

2cents here 2cents there im up to 50cents now .
Old 10-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #73
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
Well Saturday night 12;30 am a ****er in a gold sitting on bump stops car ( just happend to be a VN ) come screeming down the main street its only a 40km zone and i would have put his speed alone through the round about of at least 90ks
and do you want to know the funny thing? i here him at least twice a week on the scanner being pulled up for being a ********. you might also may have noticed (unless he fixed it) that the front of the bonnet was all rippled and smashed in? rego plate would be TDOxxx, correct? yep dont worry, the cops have had enough of too and have even said on air that its a pity he wont just wipe himself out.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #74
trick_xd

Yes he is a right ****er We where out on the mountain bikes on saturday arvo after town we went to tower hill 4 a ride there and we seen him doing skids in there 1 of the other guys riding said he was here 2 weeks ago and smashed his other car put it down the side of the hill wiped out the passenger side now after all this and the cops still dont do anything about him but this new law will i think work great and get rid of him its a bit of a pitty it could be used on us as well
Old 10-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #75
Beefchief
EF'ing Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
When you change lanes do you look over your shoulder as you are required to?

When you check your fuel gauge or speedo does that seem inattentive.

Its called driving. Its all part and parcel of it. to suggest that for a moment checking your speedo as YOU ARE REQUIRED to do is inattentive is just not on.

As Alf Stewart would say "Stone the flamin Crows"
There's a difference between "checking" and "watching" your speedo.

I'm sure if you watch what's over your shoulder you're going to cause an accident as well.

As you put it, it's called "driving".
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #76
AuFairlaneV8

I agree with the law, it will take some dangerous drivers off the road. But I fear the laws will be abused. If someones car is confiscated and is to be sold I think there needs to tight controls on the whole process of how the car is sold.

Whats to stop a police officer falsely confiscating a car they want then finding out where it is to be auctioned and buying it.
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #77
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I don’t agree with giving police the power to confiscate cars, they the police will abuse it, just **** them off they will fix you up..
On the other hand the way some people behave in our streets they have only themselves to blame that the police have this new power..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #78
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefchief
There's a difference between "checking" and "watching" your speedo.

I'm sure if you watch what's over your shoulder you're going to cause an accident as well.

As you put it, it's called "driving".

Tell you what.
Next time you get done for doing 3klm over the speed limit. Take it to court and argue the point that it is unsafe to watch your speedo.
If you win then I will believe you. I seriously doubt you would win though.
Don't speed and you don't have to worry is the point.
If you can't at any given time during a licence test (or at least when I took mine in 1986) tell the instructor what colour car (daylight I know) was behind you, if there was a car in the lane beside you or your speed you had points deducted.

Last edited by Yaw; 11-04-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #79
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats the real problem the driving test for your P's is too easy a monkey could pass it! What they need is driver training courses so you can learn to drive and control a car just restricting P platers to low powered cars or confiscating it isn't enough to fix the problem.

Neil

03 XR6T lighting strike auto prem sound 19's
383.9rwkw

96 EF series 2 XR8 sedan manual
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #80
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have had the anti-hooning laws in NSW for a long time. I can't really say I've come across anyone who was treated unfairly by it.

I got pulled over for getting a bit sideways round a corner in an industrial area, it was an extremely slippery corner and when it lost traction, I didn't try and regain it instantly. HWP comes flying round the corner and pulls me up and gave me a fine for neg driving and explained would could happen with the car being impounded etc, but said it wasn't necessary in this case and that was it. You have to do something pretty major for them to enforce it.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #81
trick_xd

Well this Friday and Saturday Night im going down the street with my dig video cam and if the tools keep going then ill film it My missers is on the road 3 nights a week for work and NEVER had a speeding fine OR a accident and she is on P plates .. Ill let you know on here what happends if anything about them nights
Old 12-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #82
buickman
buickman

The police powers are only trying to stop the carnage on the roads with young drivers. Mainly young males.

I read in the HeraldSun today a young P plater got clocked on the Calder H/way at 80K's over the speed limit. It's fools like him that make it hard on the other young drivers that do the right thing.

I have no mercy for any banana brains that are repeat offenders and the only real way for them to understand is take the car of them.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #83
Slug XLS

WA is in full swing with the anti hoon laws.We've had news reporters riding around in cop cars at night picking young blokes just doing stupid shit.But one bloke lost his car for 48hours for smoke'n it around a corner.This is classed as excessive smoke and noise.Thats just shit, we all do it once and a while, but loose'n your car for that come on.Ok you do 40kmh you also loose your, thats fair,but where will they stop.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #84
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

trick_xd: Where did you get this information from? I wanna read it too!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #85
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil101
Thats the real problem the driving test for your P's is too easy a monkey could pass it! What they need is driver training courses so you can learn to drive and control a car just restricting P platers to low powered cars or confiscating it isn't enough to fix the problem.

Neil
Couldn't agree more, an UNTRAINED monkey could probably pass the driving test for your Probationary license here in Victoria, and from seeing some of my fellow P platers around this area (Western Melbourne suburbs), I would say an untrained monkey has better road sense and driving skills then some of them.

I would have no problem with these "anti-hoon" laws IF they could not be abused, but nobody can say, with 100% certainty, that those laws could not and will not be abused.

Like I posted on the "old" forum, I have personal experience with a policeman who got ****ed off that he had pulled me over and had nothing he could fine me for and basically said to me it could boil down to his word against mine, and if he said I had been doing burnouts and doughnuts, I wouldn't have a chance if it went to court, because I was a young male P plater - nobody would believe that I hadn't been doing whatever he said he saw me doing. If these laws had been in place then...

Perhaps if there was some sort of tamper-proof evidence recording system setup in the police cars, but even then, how could we be 100% sure it hadn't been tampered with?

I guess there are no easy answers, and that sums up life in general.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #86
Kryton

Quote:
Well this Friday and Saturday Night im going down the street with my dig video cam and if the tools keep going then ill film it
ooh goodie!!! make sure you get some good footage of them being dangerous, their rego plates and if you can, a nice mug shot while theyre doing it. then put it on tape and drop it off at the cop shop. the cops will surely be interested in watching it.
let us know what you do.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #87
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Well Saturday night 12;30 am a ****er in a gold sitting on bump stops car ( just happend to be a VN ) come screeming down the main street its only a 40km zone and i would have put his speed alone through the round about of at least 90ks as it was on bump stops it skiped and the 1st thing i said to my missers was get up the gutter and helped push her there me and 2 other ppl followed as the tool 1/2 lost control of his car
it was not good driving that saved him it was just pure LUCK this person has all ready wiped out 4 of his cars b4 and had his car taken of him for " Hooning "
and yet he still dose it . If you call the cops they get there 10 mins later couse they are 300meters away and have "better things to do then chase ppl " AND THATS THERE WORDS !!!
so this new hoon law 1 part of me says ... bring it on ... the other part thinks it could be abused and thats going to be a sad day not for just me or ppl that i know but maybe every 1 who thinks about have a neat cruiser

2cents here 2cents there im up to 50cents now .
let me guess matt dance?

that tool has some issues. I ended up following him from the roundabout near flagstaff hill along the road that heads toward the highway (runs parrallel to liebig st) I wasn't following closely but he was going slow next thing i see fingers out the window. bit strange but hey this is warrnambool. i carried on he did a right turn at the last roundabout then came back round behind me. i got to the lights at the highway and i ran through an orange and turned right. the passengers in my car looked back and seen this tool belt through the corner then put this car into a full fishtail right across the 3 lanes (same vn without springs) they caught up to us and the passenger wound down his window and yelled to me ' your ****ed you weak ****' lol like i said this is warrnambool i dont even know the guy.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #88
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by five point slow
let me guess matt dance?

that tool has some issues. I ended up following him from the roundabout near flagstaff hill along the road that heads toward the highway (runs parrallel to liebig st) I wasn't following closely but he was going slow next thing i see fingers out the window. bit strange but hey this is warrnambool. i carried on he did a right turn at the last roundabout then came back round behind me. i got to the lights at the highway and i ran through an orange and turned right. the passengers in my car looked back and seen this tool belt through the corner then put this car into a full fishtail right across the 3 lanes (same vn without springs) they caught up to us and the passenger wound down his window and yelled to me ' your ****ed you weak ****' lol like i said this is warrnambool i dont even know the guy.
BINGO!!!!
wasnt going to name names but hey.....everyone in Warrny knows anyway!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #89
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
BINGO!!!!
wasnt going to name names but hey.....everyone in Warrny knows anyway!
him and his mate were also the ones that 'beat up' the seal or sea lion or whatever it was
was in the paper a while back
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #90
trick_xd

LMFAO I was not going to say names but hell yer this is W'bool and every 1 knows these ppl
Yep and he is allso the Person that set fire out at tower hill and he rolled his car out there a few weeks ago and now they are in a magna wagon with no springs and doing handbrake skids in it as well up at cannon hill

Now dont get me wrong I class my-self as a Hoon but i think im Wayyyyyy diffrent to these tools and anyone that knows me or my cars will probley tell you that ..
I Confess YES some ppl might not like the way i drive but iv not been in a accident that i have caused and to the best of my knowledge i have not made anyone else crash

5 point slow how you doing have not seen you before good to meet ya

c-ya around the streets