Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #61
XR6 Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Protien won't increase your lifts.
I take protien powder 3 times per day, more or less dependant on my diet.
Fish oil to aid recovery from training (and the dozens of other benefits of fish oil too)
Various recovery, pre and post workout supplements.

If you're looking to increase your lifts, then put more weight on the bar, if you're looking to increase your size, then put more weight on the bar... and eat more.
Protein will increase your lifts, as it repairs the muscle you tear when you bench. This makes your muscle bigger and more ready next time you left. It doesnt directly help you lift more but helps you repair and grow. This is not speculation its fact.
XR6 Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #62
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Hulk
Protein will increase your lifts, as it repairs the muscle you tear when you bench. This makes your muscle bigger and more ready next time you left. It doesnt directly help you lift more but helps you repair and grow. This is not speculation its fact.
Based on that logic, sleep will increase your max lift as well, as sleep is the prime time for repair and recovery.

Of course protein assists recovery and repair, but as you correctly answered initially, add more weight, each week go past your max to reach a new max.

Listening to Beethoven might relax him and make him sleep better, so would your advice be to listen to more Beethoven, or... add weight to reach a new maximum lift?

I think it was pretty obvious what I was saying, don't you?
If you feel it's necessary to try and impress people with your knowledge by correcting others, then perhaps you're just impressing yourself.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #63
Ozzyosko
Another stroked coupe

I like to do one arm at a time.

Start with 1 x 400grms, 1 x 300grms, 1x 200grms, 1 x 100grms. Then 1 x 400grms, 1 x 300grms, 1 x 200grms, 1 x 100grms...

I can do this all day!
Ozzyosko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #64
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Hulk
I bench over 200kg (set of 10). I weigh 105kg. Thats powerful stuff, no drugs at all.

My tip is this...

Use a hammer strength bench. A normal flat bench is too erratic when pushing big weights, people just dont know how to spot you and can cause serious injury.

Do a set at about 1/4 of your maximum lift, (set of 10)

Second set do 1/2 your maximum lift (set of 10)

Third set do 3/4 your maximum lift (set of 10)

by now your fully warmed up.

Its time to go for a maximum lift, have someone spot you, the hammer stregth will control movement, you just provide the power.

Each week go for a new maximum lift. Only bench once a week

On the fifth set do 1.2 times your maximum lift, you will probably only do 1-3 reps but thats ok, next week when you drop down to your max again you will feel stronger.

PM me if you want the full range of chest exercises to compliment this workout.

Make sure you take a quality whey protein everyday and load up on the creatine monohydrate. When in your system, i recon its worth 20% on your bench. My best ever bench is 231kg (6 reps)

Whats a hammer strength bench is it a machine?
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #65
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

I went for just under a year in 2006, weight went from 63kg to 72kg and started benching 40kg and ended up at 85kg... Sadly i dropped off for a break (few injuries) and before i knew it i hadnt been back in like 7 months lol
I started back up about 4-5 months ago, i lossed about 6kg in weight which sucked but it hasnt takin me long to get back to benching 80kg.

I did and currently take protein (and creatine for a small period which helped increase my strength alot, personally) take it after ever session (4 nights a week) and im feeling best ive been and plenty more to come! Got to work on me diet more tho haha

I think with gym your either into it or your not... I have few mates that started when i did and half dropped off, it just wasnt there thing.
You need to have to urge and the dedication! I love it!!
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post