Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #61
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: What do FPV's have over HSV's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeSpider
Problem here is I'm comparing what HSV has in other divisions rather then power, that FPV doesn't, so it obviously is in that price range.
Check and you'll find that I was replying to dkpioe's post, not yours.....

Something you may want to rememeber is thet Holden/FPV buyers are not necessarily Ford/FPV buyers
and assuming that both needs to counter each other's products is a recipe for disaster.

One variation to that, G6ET does not sufficiently cover the "Calais and Calais V" niche.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #62
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwish
FPV sell no where near the HSV numbers.
The two are direct competitors, not euro both Aussie performance cars.

So for me HSV has good looks ( well E1 all models and E3 senator only after that. )
Interior; HSV is above and beyond the FPV.
Wheels = hsv
suspension= hsv

But I do like the clean lines of the current FPV range and as I always chase power.........A new GT wins for me currently.

Not havin a go at you but, See.... personal bias aside, I just cant understand how anyone could think that. I looked at one recently out of curiosity and the interior is an absolute monstrosity clad in cheap plastic.
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #63
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Um ..... F6 FG drive away new $59,000. Same as corvette price??? I would suggest you go and find out the cost of these. Also take into consideration the conversation from lh to rh and then will see how many F6's you could have in your garage. Bit of research goes along way

Don't care why you started this thread but only letting it Continue because it is entertaining in a weird sort of way
My pricing was based off car sales, not actually sure why I said 70-80, as car sales basically says 60-65 for 2011 models. or 60-70 for a GT.

As far as the Corvettes, you can grab one for 90,000 already Right hand, so you'd still have one F6 or one GT.

But in all honesty none of this has to do with what I was asking, I realize they are reasonably cheap compared to most, but not giving everything competitors are, which is why I asked the question to find out what the differences are to give me an idea of the differences.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.

Last edited by XR6Naranja; 08-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #64
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Check and you'll find that I was replying to dkpioe's post, not yours.....

Something you may want to rememeber is thet Holden/FPV buyers are not necessarily Ford/FPV buyers
and assuming that both needs to counter each other's products is a recipe for disaster.

One variation to that, G6ET does not sufficiently cover the "Calais and Calais V" niche.
Oh apologies, I was attacked at all angles for misunderstandings, so covering my **** in all places as well.

Quote:
Not havin a go at you but, See.... personal bias aside, I just cant understand how anyone could think that. I looked at one recently out of curiosity and the interior is an absolute monstrosity clad in cheap plastic.
I'd like to know why Holden could incorporate 3 guages into their interior but the FG F6 couldn't?

Also, no proof to back this up, just brief reading, why is it that Holden has incorporated a lot of live information in their touch screen computer about the car, but Ford hasn't done this, correct me if they have however.

I disagree with Holdens placement of the window switches however, allows for other people to play with them, and seems totally out of the way.

Last edited by XR6Naranja; 08-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #65
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

brandnew corvette.. landed and converted for $90k.. lololol@bs.com...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #66
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
If they stayed with the Tickford name, they'd have a similar brand value to HSV.
I do agree but that is for another day.
I may not have been the biggest fan of the falcon much anymore but if money would allow I'd have a new F6 in a heartbeat. It's funny people that put crap on FPV can't afford one.
Long live the GT though.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #67
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
brandnew corvette.. landed and converted for $90k.. lololol@bs.com...
Yeah actually that's true, I wasn't looking at Australia's prices, realized after posting that.

Closest you'll get is 100k, second hand.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #68
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah actually that's true, I wasn't looking at Australia's prices, realized after posting that.

Closest you'll get is 100k, second hand.
mayswell throw in a second hand ferrari v FPV while were at it......

its getting deeper.........

Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #69
TZENU
XY Driv3r

There is an 07 Vette on ebay - second hand for 140k.... You may need to rethink the cost of bringing in a 2011 one, especially the cost involved of a RH conversion, plus importation and rego costs.. Hate to think of the cost of the latest ZR1 landed here!

Last edited by TZENU; 08-03-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #70
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
There is an 07 Vette on ebay - second hand for 140k.... You may need to rethink the cost of bringing in a 2011 one, especially the cost involved of a RH conversion, plus importation and rego costs.. Hate to think of the cost of the latest ZR1 landed here!
but does it have three gauges.. the FPV only has two......
Old 08-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #71
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
but does it have three gauges.. the FPV only has two......
I failed to see the two incorporated into the dash cluster, hence my HSV comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
I'm not comparing the ZR1, they are way off that mark, I was originally talking about the Z06, I realize bringing in the Vette is was a bit over the top, point was that the opinions of many people is that they will go across the ocean for their cars if Ford doesn't catch up or if like I said they bring out the cars that I have heard about, but the main topic still stands "What do FPV's have over HSV's?"

Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #72
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Wow this place is becoming quite un-fun. Either getting comments bagging Ford/FPV with little backup on facts, or just as sad, the other way bagging other brands with as little backup or facts.

Trolls sprouting crap, or troll busters sprouting crap back at them, and those looking for balanced discussion, trying to put forward their opinions for all makes and models being accused as both trolls and one eyed zealots, from both sides.

So sad.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 08-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #73
Rodge
Banned

Question was answered way back.
Quote:
Rodge FPV,
Significantly stronger engine, circa 50 rwkw's better than any HSV.
Better wider spread of torque.
Vastly better world class ZF transmission.
Best suspension set-up for average real world driving conditions
8 Inch touchscreen
Wasn't designed by a 14 year old school-kid and doesn't look like a motorised mechano set

If the Op can't understand the advantages of an FPV then there's none so blind as those that will not see. I reckon a mod should close this before the Op digs a hole for himself all the way to China
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #74
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Wow this place is becoming quite un-fun. Either getting comments bagging Ford/FPV with little backup on facts, or just as sad, the other way bagging other brands with as little backup or facts.

Trolls sprouting crap, or troll busters sprouting crap back at them, and those looking for balanced discussion, trying to put forward their opinions for all makes and models being accused as both trolls and one eyed zealots, from both sides.

So sad.
purely your opinion...

meh.. im tired of the run down the product bandwagon that exists around here..

especially by those that have not previously or have no plans whatsoever in the future of purchasing the product.....

anyway..

the internerd is full of experts and i am one of them.....

Last edited by pottery beige; 08-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #75
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Question was answered way back.

If the Op can't understand the advantages of an FPV then there's none so blind as those that will not see. I reckon a mod should close this before the Op digs a hole for himself all the way to China
Oh I seen it, it just seems as though pottery has felt the need to mock me into being a bad guy for asking such a simple question.

But if I'm not wrong, mockery is a form of imitation, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #76
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought my F6 for $58k with leather, cameras, dark argents and mats, i looked at a GTS the cheapest one i could get was $80k, the GTS certainly didnt have $22k of extras over a F6. (Fixed for Rodge )

And the most important thing that HSV is missing is BOOST!!!!!!
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)

Last edited by Black F6; 08-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #77
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6
I bought my F6 for $58k with leather, cameras, dark argents and mats, i looked at a GTS the cheapest one i could get was $80k, the GTS certainly did have $22k of extras over a F6.

And the most important thing that HSV is missing is BOOST!!!!!!
Well these were the type of posts I was looking for mate, I hear HSV will be joining the boost department soon, luckily with Fords years of experience HSV hopefully doesn't pull something quicker then what we already have.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #78
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
I bought my F6 for $58k with leather, cameras, dark argents and mats, i looked at a GTS the cheapest one i could get was $80k, the GTS certainly did have $22k of extras over a F6.And the most important thing that HSV is missing is BOOST!!!!!!
You're kidding right ???? If not, go on then and humour us seeing this is one of the silliest threads ever.... What has a HSV GTS (that's slower than an F6, yes I've driven both), got that could possibly be worth $22,000 ? I didn't know those silly guages were just over $7,000 each
Old 08-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh I seen it, it just seems as though pottery has felt the need to mock me into being a bad guy for asking such a simple question.

But if I'm not wrong, mockery is a form of imitation, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
ive heard it all now....

oh and the window switches are in the middle console due to LHD export consideration...

be damned peep b a fiddlin ma switchs.....

contact HSV with your gripe.. seriously do it......
Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #80
ChrisCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum
No...Dig up stupid!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #81
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
ive heard it all now....

oh and the window switches are in the middle console due to LHD export consideration...

be damned peep b a fiddlin ma switchs.....

contact HSV with your gripe.. seriously do it......
I simply said what I don't like about the HSV's interior in reply to the previous post.

But hey, thanks for trying to contribute ;)

At minimum, my "hole digging" has provided some sort of entertainment for some.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #82
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
You're kidding right ???? If not, go on then and humour us seeing this is one of the silliest threads ever.... What has a HSV GTS (that's slower than an F6, yes I've driven both), got that could possibly be worth $22,000 ? I didn't know those silly guages were just over $7,000 each
I think he missed an "'nt" in that sentence.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #83
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bahaahhahahahahah i missed the not
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #84
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Over all, since you have driven both, father owns a GTS, only drove it once, haven't driven an F6 yet, over all GTS had nothing over the F6?, was the GTS Supercharged?

Considering everything here,
Technology,
Comfort,
Handling?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #85
Falcman0o7
Banned

FPV SC GT!
It's a ford, it's supercharged, goes hard, sounds mint and has an engine that is not based on a 60 year old design that still cost the same.

PS, How come the 5.4 had to go due to it not meeting tough new pollution rules yet the dino 6.0-7.0 pushrod donks over at GM continue on??
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #86
ChrisCE

Seriously Orange, instead of feeding the ever growing Troll,

Once your over the restrictions, go to the dealers and test drive them for yourself, even if Fords marketting isn't the loudest, an FPV saleseman will certainly go above & beyond to explain all the features & optoins,

You will never get an unbiased oppinion that is perfectly neutral as ALL people have different tastes in absolutely everything,
once you realise that then you also realise that your own oppinion is the only one worth anything to you.

Last edited by ChrisCE; 08-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #87
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Over all, since you have driven both, father owns a GTS, only drove it once, haven't driven an F6 yet, over all GTS had nothing over the F6?, was the GTS Supercharged?

Considering everything here,
Technology,
Comfort,
Handling?
I raced a SC GTS at WSID, stock for stock, i ran 12.3 he ran 12.4, he wasnt happy when i told him mine was stock

Seeing that he paid $130k for his and i paid $58k

Last edited by Black F6; 08-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #88
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
I raced a SC GTS at WSID, stock for stock, i ran 12.3 he ran 12.4, he wasnt happy when i told him mine was stock

Seeing that he paid $130k for his and i paid $58k
mate that's fair enough.

Nice work too, puts to rest the ever growing which one would win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCE
Seriously Orange, instead of feeding the ever growing Troll,

Once your over the restrictions, go to the dealers and test drive them for yourself, even if Fords marketting isn't the loudest, an FPV saleseman will certainly go above & beyond to explain all the features & optoins,

You will never get an unbiased oppinion that is perfectly neutral as ALL people have different tastes in absolutely everything,
once you realise that then you also realise that your own oppinion is the only one worth anything to you.
Yeah seems Trolls have no age restriction, cheers for the info, I just like the question my judgement before making a move, often when it comes to buying things that's all.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #89
SLVR GT
Lightning

Quote:
GT badge nuff said......
Old 08-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #90
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

trollollolloolllooo.........

you come on a ford forum and bag the product........

great effort..
Closed Thread