Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #61
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Default Re: Falcon protest at Ford HQ

Callum is out of his mind.
If anything his egotistical, lefty antics are going to turn away potential Falcon buyers.
His page needs to go.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #62
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some crazy stuff... will prob turn off any potential buyers.
Yes it is sad that the great Aus car culture is dying, but we will get the Mustang, and various Ford hot hatches.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #63
LTDHO
The one and only

This just shows how stupid people are.
It will not change the outcome.

On another note, I'm setting up a Facebook page to rally at Harland and Wolff for not putting enough life boats on titanic. That will teach them a lesson.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #64
08FGXR8
Starter Motor

I don't know what anyone else thought but I didn't think the FGX would suddenly race back up the sales charts. There's simply too much choice on the market today. If I take any emotion out of it and look at it from a business point of view then Ford will be much more comfortable knowing there's only about 400-500 Falcon buyers to lose versus Holden losing 3000 Commodore buyers. Ford gave us the 335 XR8 and its sold out for months and the rest of the range will just plod along so Ford probably don't see the need to advertise it.
08FGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #65
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Yeah because the current support of the V8s has helped Ford soooo much... And I might add that the announcement has only just been made so you can't argue that these sales were affected by the news.
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...year-low-30635

Ford don't have Falcon TV ads for two reasons. Firstly, no one watches TV, and secondly, no one wants a Falcon. When will you guys realise this?
No one watches TV????? Come on, give me a ****en break. How about news papers or radio? Is no-one listening & reading them too? There must be a lot of dumb companies spending advertising dollars on TV then!! I've seen more advertising for models that aren't even on sale for 12 months, then one you can buy now. I've seen more advertising for Fiesta, which sells worse than Falcon. Just like Ecoboost, if they weren’t going to put the right effect into, just bloody close the doors already.

And those sales figures would be worse without the support Ford has put into V8's over the last 10-15 years.

Last edited by Joe5619; 13-01-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 10:18 AM   #66
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
So that V8 Supercar sponsorship money must be working wonders for Toyota, mazda and Hyundai.....oh, hang on......

This whole embarrassing saga reminds me of the facebook page after ford made the closure announcement "100k likes to save Ford Australia". Mensa must have been churning them out that day-how about 100k BUYERS of Falcon EVERY YEAR for EVER. There is NO going back.
Just image how much better those 3 would be doing if they had been in V8's over the last 10 -15 years. There is a reason the likes of Nissan, Volvo & Holden (& others looking to enter) race motorsports. If you dont get this, we'll never agree.

The only question you have to ask yourself is why are you a "Ford" fan in the first place & does this lead you to buy new Fords or at the very least put Ford at the top of your list. If it has anything to do with motorsports then your argument is pointless. Answer the question honestly.

Ford will learn the hard way.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #67
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I don't know why but I think this protest will be something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #68
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
I don't know why but I think this protest will be something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #69
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
No one watches TV????? Come on, give me a ****en break. How about news papers or radio? Is no-one listening & reading them too? There must be a lot of dumb companies spending advertising dollars on TV then!! I've seen more advertising for models that aren't even on sale for 12 months, then one you can buy now. I've seen more advertising for Fiesta, which sells worse than Falcon. Just like Ecoboost, if they weren’t going to put the right effect into, just bloody close the doors already.

And those sales figures would be worse without the support Ford has put into V8's over the last 10-15 years.
TV watching is dwindling and being replaced by the internet. People download (legally and illegally) movie and TV series and watch them in their own timeframe instead of having to wait for a certain start time and then end up watching ads every 10 minutes.

RE: Fiesta vs Falcon. They're about even. I looked through the old vfacts thread and the first one I could find with both figures had the Fiesta ahead with 508 and the Falcon 493 (July).

Quote:
Just image how much better those 3 would be doing if they had been in V8's over the last 10 -15 years. There is a reason the likes of Nissan, Volvo & Holden (& others looking to enter) race motorsports. If you dont get this, we'll never agree.
Would they? We don't know that. Holden will probably pull out in a few years, as will Volvo. Mercedes are furious that Erebus are racing their cars so I wouldn't get too excited about the benefits of entering the V8s.
Lets agree to disagree.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #70
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
When the parent company (no such thing as an Australian car company...it's GM and Ford USA when push comes to shove) sells more F series trucks in a couple of days than we sell Falcons in an entire year (an average of one every 40 seconds apparently), why do people still find it so hard to understand why the rug was pulled out from under it?
Couple that with Ford Australias mistake which many other car makers have done before...not seeing which way the market was heading and just keeping on plugging out cars that no one wants anymore...and it was inevitable.

It was a great car while it lasted...but times change.
Thing is, Ford did see how the market was going and released the Territory. Amongst other factors, there is just so much choice today and too expensive to manufacture in Australia.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #71
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I would attend this protest, but no one has voulnteered to bring a dead horse and whips.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #72
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Ugh, made me revisit Facebook. I read that 'event' and it put a sour taste in my mouth. Poorly worded but most of all disrespectful to the brand, ignoring commercial realities and changing tastes and of Graziano, who also gave Callum and the page a decent amount of runtime over the launch. One...step...too...far.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #73
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
TV watching is dwindling and being replaced by the internet. People download (legally and illegally) movie and TV series and watch them in their own timeframe instead of having to wait for a certain start time and then end up watching ads every 10 minutes.
Go look at oztam viewer numbers.. TV viewers are still growing, despite the raise in internet & downloading!!
Old 13-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #74
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Go look at oztam viewer numbers.. TV viewers are still growing, despite the raise in internet & downloading!!
I don’t watch a lot of Tele but when I do I usually record it on the PVR and watched it later.

Bugger the ads.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #75
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Thing is, Ford did see how the market was going and released the Territory.
That tired old chestnut .... they did nothing with the Terri for years, while their competitors came to the party, brought more tech, brought diesel, etc, and walked away with the market.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #76
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRtowcar View Post
This is going to go well. Not.

"Australia is disgusted with the way Ford treat the car that has kept them afloat for 5 decades, that's right, the Falcon.

We ask that all Falcon fans and owners, take the day off and make the trip to join us at Ford Motor Company in Broadmeadows to take part in a protest against the management and president of Ford Australia who has ruined this company from the day he stepped foot in the door. A man with no passion for cars or respect for a legend whatsoever. With this protest we hope to show Graziano that the passion for Falcon is there and that if he continues to ignore us, Ford sales of any car in Australia will be no more.

More details will be posted closer to the date, we hope to have a little show and shine on the Nature strip out front of the Factory on Sydney Rd!

I do need everyone to understand that what we are doing here may not end nicely. We may be asked to leave and the Police may be called. But hopefully it doesn't come to that and we can have a word with the man in charge of this doomed ship about what he can do to stop it from sinking."
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #77
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

U watch , some peanut will rock up in his clapped out heap and do a pathetic burnout and give every car enthusiast a bad name.
Then the words 'hoon drivers' will be all over the news.

That'll teach ford to shut up shop.
Damn them executives.
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #78
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can only see this ending badly
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #79
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurysilver View Post
u watch , some peanut will rock up in his clapped out heap and do a pathetic burnout and give every car enthusiast a bad name.
Then the words 'hoon drivers' will be all over the news.
"bingo" !!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #80
Spurious

Look at the bright side, when Falcon is gone, they will get rarer, & WE then set the bar for their value.

Reality check: Right now, a bog stock, clapped out, rusty XY with 2 million K's on the clock is worth more than my 2000 model, electronic everything AU2.

But this will change... oh yes, it... will... change!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #81
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Look at the bright side, when Falcon is gone, they will get rarer, & WE then set the bar for their value.

Reality check: Right now, a bog stock, clapped out, rusty XY with 2 million K's on the clock is worth more than my 2000 model, electronic everything AU2.

No it won't
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #82
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post

Yeah no. The Proton Jumbuck is rare - has that boosted their value?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #83
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I used to be supportive of the idea of his page, despite the childish and often ill-informed opinions it carried. But now, it seems like for every bit of FG-X falcon related material that is posted, there is some form of anti-ford dribble posted. It like he is completely blind to the fact's and still think that the Falcon will be number 1 and saved. Still thinks the the Falcon's death is a pure Ford motive, just so they can sell the Mustang.

I think the funniest thing is that he is telling everyone to buy a falcon, won't accept people's opinions on other cars, yet at 15 he hasn't got a full licence, and neither him or his dad have a 2014 falcon.

It's a shame all this stuff clogs up the page, because its otherwise a good page for fans of the last falcon, and there is often historic adverts put up. He should be happy that Ford Australia noticed his efforts in the first place and were kind enough to invite him to the launch etc, not many people this young can lay claim to what he has done. I just hope he settles down a bit and keeps the page as a good resorce...otherwise the other pages such as this FG-X page will get more attention...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #84
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a waste of a day off from work to accomplish nothing. You're not going to get enough sales demand for car to reverse a wind down in progress and even if you could I doubt they could meet that demand anyway.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #85
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
You draw a very long bow, my friend, no one ever walked into a Hyundai dealer to buy an I30 but walked out when they realised Hyundai don't race a V8.
Nissan will increase their lot in life when they get on top of their boring product offer by having a compelling range, a V8 has nothing to do with that.

The only question you have to ask yourself is why are you a "Ford" fan in the first place & does this lead you to buy new Fords or at the very least put Ford at the top of your list. If it has anything to do with motorsports then your argument is pointless. Answer the question honestly.

I am a car fan, I like machinery that propels humans from one place to another. I don't have blind loyalty to one brand or another.
Objectively, any volume car seller in Australia needs to look at whether V8 racing adds anything to their brand, or the most important thing SALES, unanimously there are better returns on marketing dollars to be had elsewhere.

Ford will learn the hard way.

Ford AU is in transition as a car retailer, this will understandably make some current customers upset as they don't like change, the same fans who feel a part of their heritage is ending. This is understandable, Ford have quite a job in front of them to change perceptions.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 13-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #86
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
No it won't
Time will tell wether it will or not. He did say XY, not GT or GTHO, cars only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. look hard enough and you'll find a XY Falcon 500 that has rust in body and is a 6 cylinder for $6-7,000k, Last time I checked there was a few series 3 TS50s for example that are for sale around the $30,000 mark. so yes anything is possible. people said the same thing about the XA-XC's, just like people say now about the E series
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 12:03 AM   #87
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
If you want to stop the falcon from becoming extinct, buy one and keep it in the garage.. Keep it mint.

If this rally goes ahead, The ford headquarters representative will meet the mob outside and say to the mob "put your hand up if you bought a falcon in the last 2 years" none of them will.. The he will look around and there will be mostly e series falcons parked up.. He will then say get your scrap cars off my lawn.

Then in front of media he would release the hounds and send out a flock of greasy car salesman to sell a new falcon to the mob and see if they put their money where their mouth is.. (Full rrp $)

Then the mob will be rebutted and leave embarrassed, tail between legs..
that is the best thing you have posted Hulkster but your damn right thou, Ford your too late sucking up now, i wish Geoff Polites was still alive & working with Ford 'cause they wouldn't be in this mess
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #88
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to FB, the protest has been cancelled.
Ford threatened legal action if it went ahead.
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #89
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
According to FB, the protest has been cancelled.
Ford threatened legal action if it went ahead.
I call BS. Ford hasn't threatened anything. It's that FB page's way of saying "we worked out it was a bad idea in the first place but won't admit we went back on our decision".

Ford may have advised them to keep off their property and that's fair enough.

The protest was a terrible idea in the first place. How about driving there in CELEBRATION of the Falcon and make a party of it. I can't understand the hate that that page has for FORD, yet they apparently support a car that they make.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #90
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

That's my guess, at one stage they were trying to get the police on board, perhaps they might have been advised against it. Either way, he has created a bad image for Ford in saying they would threatened legal action.

For the better, i can't see it ending well, its not like they were going to stand around picketing with "WE WANT ADS" signs, would have been the odd loopy doing skids or something stupid.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: