Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #751
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
And yet none of these celebrities have put their money where their mouth is, if they are so concerned with America and the issues that they lecture us all about why don't they risk it all and enter politics like Donald Trump has?

I think we both know that they won't....

It sure is getting awkward to watch celebrities preaching to us all from their ivory towers...
You could say the same about our Trump supporters and why they should move to America? Obviously a lot of love for him here. Maybe they should put their money where their mouth is too.
Old 26-01-2017, 01:58 AM   #752
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
You could say the same about our Trump supporters and why they should move to America? Obviously a lot of love for him here. Maybe they should put their money where their mouth is too.
The Trump supporters here don't need to enter politics, they have Donald Trump.
The celebrities on the other hand are complaining about anything he does, yet have no alternative solution, they offer nothing, they could enter politics and offer solutions to these so called problems, yet they don't?

The best part I personally loved about the celebrity "uprising" against Donald Trump was the part when a number of them threatened, no, PROMISED to move to Canada if Donald Trump was elected, but why Canada? Why not Mexico? What's wrong with Mexico? Why would they move to Canada which is a majority white / anglo-saxon country, aren't these celebrities being a touch racist?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #753
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And how many have moved?
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #754
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if the news is right he has signed an executive order to build the wall. Catch is America will pay for it initially and Mexico will pay later if that is to be believed.
Old 26-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #755
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Trump supporters never virtue signalled their intent to go anywhere, unlike the loud pharisaic proclamations of many so called celebrities...
Old 26-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #756
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gene Simmons is always good to listen too Celebrities Should Shut Their Pie Holes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghi_nx1qH5k
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #757
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #758
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No messing about that's for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZRHuYyfOo
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #759
Peterwl

Quote:
Well if the news is right he has signed an executive order to build the wall. Catch is America will pay for it initially and Mexico will pay later if that is to be believed.

America gives Mexico monetary aid every year !

This was around 430 Million dollars in 2013 total, of which around 50 million was cash.

Not sure of the past year, but bottom line is, the US only has to stop this aid for the next 4 years to help pay for the wall ( and renewed on ground security ).

The US gave 37 BILLION ( not million ) in foreign aid in the year 2013.

Cutting most of this out and putting that to infrastructure / Jobs / wall / etc will go a long way.

Add 8 Billion that they contribute to running the UN every year, and they are looking good. ( if Congress pulls this plug ).

If someone owes you money, why would anyone give them more ?

That is something only the previous administration would do !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto

Last edited by Peterwl; 26-01-2017 at 08:30 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #760
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
America gives Mexico monetary aid every year !

This was around 430 Million dollars in 2013 total, of which around 50 million was cash.

Not sure of the past year, but bottom line is, the US only has to stop this aid for the next 4 years to help pay for the wall ( and renewed on ground security ).

The US gave 37 BILLION ( not million ) in foreign aid in the year 2013.

Cutting most of this out and putting that to infrastructure / Jobs / wall / etc will go a long way.

Add 8 Billion that they contribute to running the UN every year, and they are looking good. ( if Congress pulls this plug ).

If someone owes you money, why would anyone give them more ?

That is something only the previous administration would do !
The top recipients of US Aid are
Israel (3.1B), Egypt (1.46B) and Afganistan(1.25B). Mexico is way down the list.

Should the aid to these countries be cut?

The idea of aid is to buy influence and goodwill. You remove this and you remove the goodwill and influence. The bulk of the money to Mexico is based on improving democracy. You take that away and you potentially have a country next door that has issues... and those issues are exported to you. So when the FBI may want assistance from Mexico they will potentially get told to f off.

Same with the UN. I suppose Hannity and co hate them... Just think about the work they do like peace keeping and humanitarian efforts. If this isn't done then the problem spreads into other countries.
Old 26-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #761
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc&t=38
Old 26-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #762
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Same with the UN. I suppose Hannity and co hate them... Just think about the work they do like peace keeping and humanitarian efforts.
:
Old 26-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #763
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The top recipients of US Aid are
Israel (3.1B), Egypt (1.46B) and Afganistan(1.25B). Mexico is way down the list.

Should the aid to these countries be cut?

The idea of aid is to buy influence and goodwill. You remove this and you remove the goodwill and influence. The bulk of the money to Mexico is based on improving democracy. You take that away and you potentially have a country next door that has issues... and those issues are exported to you. So when the FBI may want assistance from Mexico they will potentially get told to f off.

Same with the UN. I suppose Hannity and co hate them... Just think about the work they do like peace keeping and humanitarian efforts. If this isn't done then the problem spreads into other countries.
I'd say most of the aid money to mexico would be for law and order against the drug cartels. I guess building the wall is his way of stopping those drugs getting smuggled across the border?
Old 26-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #764
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I'd say most of the aid money to mexico would be for law and order against the drug cartels. I guess building the wall is his way of stopping those drugs getting smuggled across the border?
Perhaps he hasn't heard of boats and planes
Old 27-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #765
lgpking22

best thing about trump is weve heard from the far left and there stupid crap for 8 years now we get to hear the stupid crap from the right for 4 years while the rest of us in the sensible center get to be ****** by both left and right.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #766
CJR09
RPO 77

One of the better basic and simplistic ensemble of words on the matter:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01...d-this-happen/

Trump! How did this happen?
Brendan O'Neill

It happened because you banned super-size sodas. And smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage ‘homophobic’, and people unsure about immigration ‘racist’.

Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten quinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting people’s attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned ‘white man’ from a description into an insult. Because you used slurs like ‘denier’ and ‘dangerous’ against anyone who doesn’t share your eco-pieties.

AdTech Ad
Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people’s language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs.

Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the Bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, ‘You can’t think that, you can’t say that, you can’t do that.’

Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don’t like being treated like trash. Trump happened because of you.

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 27-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #767
marty351
Shenanigans..............

There can be no want for better words.^^^
Old 27-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #768
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I saw trumpy ranting about electoral fraud and how there were people enrolled in multiple states and they all voted for Hillary.

Seems serious.

I sure hope none of trumps siblings or close advisors were enrolled in 2 states. That would be embarrassing.
Old 27-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #769
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If all this negative,false and hate inspiring media campaigns keep getting worse, the first amendment is under threat.
The liberal left cannot be allowed to incite hate crimes and or terrorism, which they are already beginning to do.
Ever watch hannity or oriley while Obama was in office.

You guys are a riot. With bad memories.
Old 27-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #770
marty351

Oh, I remember it quite clearly.
Difference being is that Obama's lack of spine and inaction was the order of the day.
When your own Congress is working against you, just about all scrutiny has some validity.

Trump on the other hand, time will tell.
Old 27-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #771
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ever watch hannity or oriley while Obama was in office.

You guys are a riot. With bad memories.
Bah! Fake News...

Oh wait!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 27-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #772
Peterwl

My post number 639 does not need any reinforcement about far left wing ideology mental disorder, but this is too much to ignore.

get a load of this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYVrFDxcDY

If Hilary Clinton won, she may have appointed this maniac to some position of power.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #773
Peterwl

On a balanced note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpe-2Yi6ZuE

This is the first time I have heard the truth ( what informed people knew ) about Obama funding terrorist groups over the past 4 years.

This is being said by a sitting Democrat from Hawaii.

Tulsi Gabbard is her name and I think we will hear more of her.

She is the only "normal" Democrat I have actualy listed too in the past decade !

She speaks well, and not down to people.

If I were to take a wild punt ( like backing the Western Buldogs in July last year ), she could be a contender in the Democrat primaries in 4 years time.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
Old 27-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #774
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
On a balanced note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpe-2Yi6ZuE

This is the first time I have heard the truth ( what informed people knew ) about Obama funding terrorist groups over the past 4 years.

This is being said by a sitting Democrat from Hawaii.

Tulsi Gabbard is her name and I think we will hear more of her.

She is the only "normal" Democrat I have actualy listed too in the past decade !

She speaks well, and not down to people.

If I were to take a wild punt ( like backing the Western Buldogs in July last year ), she could be a contender in the Democrat primaries in 4 years time.
Failed history did we?

Keep fighting the good fight though, it's entertaining.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 27-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #775
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

President Donald Trump Hannity FULL Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgonptSjqWI

His talk on the wall/ramp made me laugh. He fries the media too. Havn't watched it all yet.

Some scumbag comedian attacked his 10 year-old son via social media again - that's 3 people now. These weak pathetic people have no limits.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #776
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
President Donald Trump Hannity FULL Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgonptSjqWI

His talk on the wall/ramp made me laugh. He fries the media too. Havn't watched it all yet.

Some scumbag comedian attacked his 10 year-old son via social media again - that's 3 people now. These weak pathetic people have no limits.
I enjoyed it for different reasons. A train wreck interview. He looks like a fool

But the true believers will lap that up
Old 27-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #777
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what do all you Truump supporters want for Australia?

Given that you can't vote in US elections, how are you going to "progress" you views in the current Aussie political environment?

What is it you want to achieve and how?

Cheers, Will

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
Old 27-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #778
marty351

Future leadership lessons for our now loony lollies.

If our pollies are to be taken seriously, take heed what's happening it the US.

Stop being frightened little bugs in an overwhelming spotlight, take charge of true democracy and show true leadership. Kow-towing to minorities gets us all nowhere.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #779
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a beautiful thing.

Trump was elected because the average person got sick of being screamed at by the 'progressive' left and the more Trump and his supporters were attacked the more popular he got.

And now he's been elected Trump and his supporters are being screamed at even louder.

If I could be bothered I'd upload the picture of Michael Jackson eating popcorn because it really is great to watch.

Heaven forbid we try to understand why people are so disaffected with mainstream politics (they know why, but knowing is far different to understanding) and then try and take them along for the ride. No, let's try to scream and shout at them till they submit. Been working a treat so far.
Old 27-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #780
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
It's a beautiful thing.

Trump was elected because the average person got sick of being screamed at by the 'progressive' left and the more Trump and his supporters were attacked the more popular he got.

And now he's been elected Trump and his supporters are being screamed at even louder.

If I could be bothered I'd upload the picture of Michael Jackson eating popcorn because it really is great to watch.

Heaven forbid we try to understand why people are so disaffected with mainstream politics (they know why, but knowing is far different to understanding) and then try and take them along for the ride. No, let's try to scream and shout at them till they submit. Been working a treat so far.

Ok, that's great. What specifically about him do you like. What policies did you like and why do you like them?

I am having a lot of trouble understanding people's reason for liking his policies. He has said a lot of things and it's hard to pin people down.

You seem to hate "progressives". Which policies of theirs don't you like ?

Are you in favour of repealing the ACA (obama care)? That seems to be a big one amongst Trump supporters?