Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #6841
Starter Motor

Default Re: Down of the top shelf

Hi Fellow Henry Lovers,
I am joining this site as I have finally embarked on the restoration of my 1977 XC Coupe. I purchased it in 1994. Then life got in the way. Finally, with kids left school, life blessing me and the universe leading me to the right man for the job i have taken it down from the top shelf of life's journey, brushed the dust off, scrounged up some spare change and begun. I am so excited.
I am also so grateful. I bought it on a calculated whim, but it has almost become a metaphor for my life.
My Brambles Red, 1977 XC Falcon 500 is an extension of me. and, as it is repaired and lovingly restored, so to will I be restored and galvanised to continue in a world that does not, or ever will, comprehend the world we lived in. A time that dreamt up, built, embraced, drove and celebrated the era of the Australian Muscle Car. Where the simplicity of Metal, form, power and tribalism united a country. United by rivalry, empowered by power, and we all had the chance to live it.
I have three sons. Ironically, or unsurprisingly they all get excited by my car. Its in our DNA.
Anyway, Shout out to As I travel this journey I would be grateful for some counsel based on your experiences as I am sure I am not the first to pour their heart, soul and hard earned into what the non believers might argue is essentially a hunk of metal. Exciting journey ahead.
WWW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post