Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #31
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
man what is wrong with people these days???
There have always been thieves, vandals etc around.

Whilst it's disappointing to be on the receiving end, at some stage in our lives everyone is effected by anothers lack of thought/courtesy or downright viciousness. Welcome to living in a community.

The trick is to accept that stuff happens and work out ways to remove yourself from the firing line.

Don't want door bumps and trolley marks on your car? Park your car away from other vehicles and walk the extra distance. I do, and have not had a car marked in over 20 years.

I honestly believe that a lot of the time we contribute to our own problems. I'm not suggesting that the op or any particular contributor to the thread is in that boat, but statistically I'd be astounded if that were not the case.

I too have had garden lights pinched from my front yard....once.
I set the replacements in concrete. Still all there. Sure, I shouldn't have to go to those lengths but that's life.

We had an example of vandalism in our neighbourhood recently. Young fella around the corner had his car (RX7) covered (literally) in brake fluid. Seems that one of his neighbours got sick of him roaring up and down the road. The kid has been canvassing the area and whining about what bastards people are, but the fact is he stuck himself in the firing line. I'm not suggesting that what happened was right, but its a reasonable example of someone contributing to his own problem.

Having said all that, I'm convinced that the vast bulk of people will do you a good turn before they'll do you a bad turn.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #32
Barry_v
rocknrolla

I was driving down the road at the time the egg incident occured. I never park the fairlane anywhere in public unless I can see it the whole time.

this is why a lot of people who have a nice car leave it in the shed.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #33
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Don't want door bumps and trolley marks on your car? Park your car away from other vehicles and walk the extra distance. I do, and have not had a car marked in over 20 years.
I park in the back corner of the shopping centre , and never on a busy day, what really gets my goat is to come out and find a great Tourack/Kenmore tractor parcked an inch from my car and other car spaces all around, I'd get witches hats and put round it if I did not think it would arttract the wrong kind of attention
Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #34
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Just remember that I have one of those big 4x4's you are complaining about. If you have to park in the far corner of the shops all the time why don't you just ride your pushy to the shop or walk!
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #35
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Some people have no respect, simple as that, you get it almost everywhere sadly.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #36
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
I park in the back corner of the shopping centre , and never on a busy day, what really gets my goat is to come out and find a great Tourack/Kenmore tractor parcked an inch from my car and other car spaces all around, I'd get witches hats and put round it if I did not think it would arttract the wrong kind of attention
I don't believe this rot for a second.... as if you actually take the GT out to the shops... that is the funnest thing I have heard today if you are talking about one of your others cars then I retract the statement but God I near fell of my chair with laughter imagining the Coyote GT in a shopping centre car park - yeah right and pigs fly!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #37
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

If he does drive the GT he or I have to sit in it not leave it empty just in case. You never know what might happen to such an inconspicuos car. After all it is nearly 12 months old and has done what 3500k it has a better life than me.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #38
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
I don't believe this rot for a second.... as if you actually take the GT out to the shops... that is the funnest thing I have heard today if you are talking about one of your others cars then I retract the statement but God I near fell of my chair with laughter imagining the Coyote GT in a shopping centre car park - yeah right and pigs fly!
Ok I was not refering to the GT if it ever goes near a shop then you will find me still sitting in it while Denise goes in, NO WAY would it ever be parked like that.
I was refering to our other cars, mainly the XR\, yes even the Cruiser gets parked in the back corner away from all.

The problem I have with the Capri is that I fear someone may run it over I have already had the Front number plate dented several times.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I know what your problem is...... Under your avitar there is a Title called "location" in which you have listed "Sydney".....
Exactly. You couldn't pay me to live in Sydney. A few more years and it will be a full on war zone. Maybe you should move to a better area or town.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Exactly. You couldn't pay me to live in Sydney. A few more years and it will be a full on war zone. Maybe you should move to a better area or town.
We'll just let them kill themselfs then come in and clean wats left up.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #41
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
We'll just let them kill themselves then come in and clean wats left up.
I was saying that to my Wife. She agreed that whilst they are killing themselves, and not the rest of the society it is fine.

/me puts on flame proof jacket.

Just remember its got to do with their upbringing, and their lack of respect for the general community.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
We'll just let them kill themselfs then come in and clean wats left up.
Problem is they probably breed like rabbits from a very young age, quickly replacing the dead ones.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post