The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #31
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommuz
which school did you go to ?
my name is dominic
I think he was telling you that your Grammar is fairly bad, use google spell checker as an add in to IE or FireFox if that helps!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #32
muzz

I own a couple of falcons and find them great to drive. They have decent power, and plenty of room. But they also have a bit of character as well. I particularly like the fact Ford has stuck with the I6 and refined it over the years - it's now a great engine. As for the eights, even the 5.4 3v has a nice note to it.
In the BA, Ford put a bit of excitement back into the mix with an interesting range of paint colours with neat names, and the XRs are great looking cars.

As for the BA and BF FPV range, they are just superb vehicles.

Good on Ford for doing these things.

If I was rich my stable would include a BF XR6T, and an FPV-GT. For old school give me an XA GT in red and black thanks.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #33
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

That's a good question,i can't really put a finger to it why i got in love with Fords,as my first car was a VW,but for some reason i bought a Fairmont XA V8 ,it had such i nice sounding V8 rumble and the comforts to go with it,and basically i have never looked back and became a true blue blood Ford fanatic and always had a good run out of my Ford's and from then on always loved them and then started to hate the Holden's. lol
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #34
ef5l

Well growing up in a family of ford fanatics didnt help, but it would have to be when i was 10. I went a ride in my dads mates xw ute in the day this thing was the , 351 4v heads toploader 9inch gt stripes this thing was unlike anything ive ever been in, the closest was our family ea falcon lol, the excelleration the sound, the best part of it 10 years later he still brings the old ute around a little worse for wear but still sounds and goes great

and still the same motor gearbox untouched, its his work ute,
ef5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #35
DOMN8N
AKA ___DOMMUZ

is that better cool never new about that thanks
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I think I went to school with you. You sent our English teacher nuts didn't you?

which school did you go to ?
my name is Dominic

Last edited by DOMN8N; 17-11-2005 at 11:42 PM.
DOMN8N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 01:39 AM   #36
dvk
running from explosions

As I grew up the EA's - EF's were the big thing, and as a kid, I loved the styling and roominess in the back of these cars. I became fascinated by the "big fast cars with the aircon vents in the back". For some reason the rear aircon vents seemed amazingly luxurious to me. I decided from then on I liked fords, and particularly falcons, and when I grew up, I would own one at the first opportunity. From an early age, I think around the time the ED was current model, I used to go to the local library and read motor magazines with reviews on the latest models (i didnt have the pocket money to affort purchasing these magazines!).

I found my favourite model when one time this awesome dude we had for an agriculture teacher was driving me and a couple of mates to the bay for some school function. This was an EL futura. Anyway, he got the nose out the school gate, and just tromped it, all the way up the street. It was one of the 5 most exciting times in my life for some reason. All these great things coming together - hooning in a car with mates, realising how nice AND fast the car was, and this kickass driving was all being done by my school teacher! From then on, I decided EL futura was my car of choice. Fast foward 7 years, i own an immaculate 97 futura. Never even thought about replacing it.
dvk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #37
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Im not really a person that sticks to one brand. I ended up with my car cause I was after a nice big rear wheel drive beast that looked good and went alright. At the time is was either a facon xr6 or the commodore s. I took the xr6 cause it went a hell of lot better and didn't sound like it was about to fall apart when you where high in the rev range. Plus it looked the part too.
Ill be in that some position a few years down the track except I want more power and ill be taking as many cars for a drive as I can.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #38
zetec
Zoom Zoom

MY blood cells are oval not round, my blood is blue. My old man only ever owned Fords, the only Commodore we ever bought was a heap (VB) and my first 2 (and only 2 cars) have been Fords. I learnt to drive in 2 Fords, then went and bought my own. My next car will be a Ford and when I get married I'll be in a big white Ford, when I die they'll cart me off in a big black Ford.
Old 18-11-2005, 02:48 AM   #39
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
the only reason i love ford is because i have a ford. If my dad said come check out this holdern and it had low k's was in good nick like mine at the right price i probably would be at a holdern forum (i dont pic sides i love all cars).
lol how old are you dude?

I don't have `blue blood' running through my veins, but the Falcon suits many people's needs, including myself. Ford is a brand, not a cult, despite that company's essence usually given to the cars they make (eg refinement in BMW & Merc, Toyota for reliability, etc), and I'm not brand-loyal, although I have my favorites. A Falcon just suits my needs.
I do have my avoid-brands though. Like many of you though, I never liked Holden. In an extreme, there's something about Holden that just brings up images of a VL Commodore on the front lawn of a battered-up house, with a dozen kids being yelled at by an equally battered-up skinny woman in a Fox motocross jersey who swears like a trucker, stepping over beer cans and rusted trail bikes with grass growing out of them.

+ $0.02
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #40
sbcb
BA Xr8

On my forth falcon in a row, AU2 XR8 (second XR8 I've had, AU1 previously), why?
This can be summed up in one simple word that describes the driving experience.

Fun.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #41
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Fords are cars which need alot of work to get them hauling. So once you start you get attached,then before you know it you are under a spell and in love!! This is a scary romance!!!! And.....just like a lovely woman it milks your funds but gives you years of good times!! :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #42
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I was a closet Ford fan (as in I liked Fords, but never had the guts to come out and say I did)

Wasn't until Craig Lowndes switched from Holden to Ford, came out of the closet so to speak. My first two cars have been Fords (EA Sedan and AU ute)

So I now proudly say that I bleed blue and I don't take s**t from the Red camp either.
Old 18-11-2005, 08:27 AM   #43
paul7v7
bring it on

i don't know if i do anymore.
Old 18-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #44
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

My first car was an EA and it was very good to me. Then I got a VS and after a few months I didn't enjoy driving it anymore. I then sold the VS and got a EL Ghia V8 and I've been happy as larry ever since. During the last 5 years I've come to appreciate all things Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #45
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Well..... I can't afford a Porsche and Holdens are crap.
Old 18-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #46
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the small/medium Ford cars. I love my car but not because it has a Ford badge on it.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #47
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvk
As I grew up the EA's - EF's were the big thing, and as a kid, I loved the styling and roominess in the back of these cars. I became fascinated by the "big fast cars with the aircon vents in the back". For some reason the rear aircon vents seemed amazingly luxurious to me. I decided from then on I liked fords, and particularly falcons, and when I grew up, I would own one at the first opportunity. From an early age, I think around the time the ED was current model, I used to go to the local library and read motor magazines with reviews on the latest models (i didnt have the pocket money to affort purchasing these magazines!).

I found my favourite model when one time this awesome dude we had for an agriculture teacher was driving me and a couple of mates to the bay for some school function. This was an EL futura. Anyway, he got the nose out the school gate, and just tromped it, all the way up the street. It was one of the 5 most exciting times in my life for some reason. All these great things coming together - hooning in a car with mates, realising how nice AND fast the car was, and this kickass driving was all being done by my school teacher! From then on, I decided EL futura was my car of choice. Fast foward 7 years, i own an immaculate 97 futura. Never even thought about replacing it.
I envy your free time to make huge posts. I am also proud to have been a part of at least 1 of the top 5 most exciting times in your life!
Old 18-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #48
dvk
running from explosions

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
I envy your free time to make huge posts. I am also proud to have been a part of at least 1 of the top 5 most exciting times in your life!
You were in my agricuture class? I am confused.

It's not so much free time. It's being a student. I have developed a skill for writing/typing a very large amount of "information" in a very short space of time.
Old 18-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #49
dvk
running from explosions

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Well..... I can't afford a Porsche and Holdens are crap.
Porches?!
Porches are rubbish!
If you want a dak dak motor, go a suby! Cheaper and more reliable. And less homo.
Get to your room.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #50
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Neither Porsche or Holdens are crap, there ar models in both brands i would be happy to have in my garage.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #51
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Why i love holden...
I just think of the VK Brocky drove around all those years ago
The VL Walkinshaw with that insane amount of body kit making it almost comically awkward
The step up to the VN's, VP's saw a change in not only engine but for that time of year, refinement
VR/VS with the ecotec being introduced to the latter and its sleek design
VT/VX disgraced the opposition remarkably through looks alone...the gen3's, providing you get a good donk, is cheap and easy to upgrade and will blow away much of your competition for speed
VY/VZ - are cars that grow on you...didnt like them at first (more the VY) but the SS versions look good...
VE - who knows

What turned me off Ford:
XD/XE/XF years - big heavy slow
EA/EB etc - a step up considerably and didnt mind them at the time
EL etc years - Ford turned ugly....looked good from the front, rear looked shocking
AU - took the step of ugly to another level on their base models particularly...just looked like bubbles/space cars to me...and couldnt like them from appearance alone
BA/BF Range - Finally something right....looks good, love the bonnet bulge and menacing stance, particularly from the front - with the new auto and boss engines as well as the best turbo on the market in the xr6t, its something ford needed.

Now balance these up and thats why i love Holden.....Ford had some shonky designs in my impressionable youth and Holden took the honours when i was getting serious into cars (VS-VT era)
But i wouldnt mind seeing how an xr6t or xr8 goes of the current model...my car has been edited so i would like to drive an xr6t/xr8 of around 280 odd fwkwto see how they go.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #52
The Monty
Just slidin'

My last name is Ford.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #53
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
Why i love holden...
I just think of the VK Brocky drove around all those years ago
The VL Walkinshaw with that insane amount of body kit making it almost comically awkward
The step up to the VN's, VP's saw a change in not only engine but for that time of year, refinement
VR/VS with the ecotec being introduced to the latter and its sleek design
VT/VX disgraced the opposition remarkably through looks alone...the gen3's, providing you get a good donk, is cheap and easy to upgrade and will blow away much of your competition for speed
VY/VZ - are cars that grow on you...didnt like them at first (more the VY) but the SS versions look good...
VE - who knows

What turned me off Ford:
XD/XE/XF years - big heavy slow
EA/EB etc - a step up considerably and didnt mind them at the time
EL etc years - Ford turned ugly....looked good from the front, rear looked shocking
AU - took the step of ugly to another level on their base models particularly...just looked like bubbles/space cars to me...and couldnt like them from appearance alone
BA/BF Range - Finally something right....looks good, love the bonnet bulge and menacing stance, particularly from the front - with the new auto and boss engines as well as the best turbo on the market in the xr6t, its something ford needed.

Now balance these up and thats why i love Holden.....Ford had some shonky designs in my impressionable youth and Holden took the honours when i was getting serious into cars (VS-VT era)
But i wouldnt mind seeing how an xr6t or xr8 goes of the current model...my car has been edited so i would like to drive an xr6t/xr8 of around 280 odd fwkwto see how they go.
Exactly why are you even here? I'm still confused why you seem to want to constantly be the "holden fan" on here.
I'm all for cross posting and it can be well documented that I have not only tolerated holden supporters on this site but encouraged and defended them. Yet, in this case, I have to ask why you seem too need to constantly post in a FORD forum about why holden is so good? Do you really think it makes a difference? You do realise that this is Ford Forums right? At best you will get indifference and ignored. At worst (and commonly enough now as you seem to be intent on biting at everything).. general derision and baiting.

Just ask yourself... do I really need to constantly shove Holdens into the face of obvious Ford fans and do I expect anything less that to be labeled a troll for doing so?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #54
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
And you call the AU a space car.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #55
YELLAUTE
old fart

Been a ford man for fourty of my fifty five years, had over sixty cars in that time (wife's included) the last six have been newies. Alas, its the the last three that threaten to change my loyalties. Not so much the cars they have been / are great, its the lack of decent dealers to service / warrantee them. FoMoCo hasn't helped much. I think their bottom line is spoiling the experience for me and its a pity as I am now in a financial position to afford almost any car up to say $80k to even $100k and I change my cars on a regular basis (never over 80,000ks).
The Ford dealers in Perth suffer from very short sightedness when it comes to looking after current owners. Currently own 02AU2LTD, 03Focus Zetec 2 door, 05 BA2XR8 ute and all cars have unresolved warrantee issues. Have become fed up with batling with dealers and Ford's Customer service dept, getting the issues fixed and paying for them outside Ford and we are finnaly happy with the cars but starting to talk about what car is to replace the LTD in the next 6 months (done 55,000ks now) and so far the blue oval has not been mentioned. We will never buy a holden. Loyal Ford customers should be like gold to the dealers, not around here, and we have tried four of them in the last four years. A BFGTP or BFFairlane Gia might have been the best replacement for the LTD or always thought it will be replaced with a new BF LTD but we no longer want to have the heart ache of dealing with the dealers service departments.
YELLAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #56
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Exactly why are you even here? I'm still confused why you seem to want to constantly be the "holden fan" on here.
I'm all for cross posting and it can be well documented that I have not only tolerated holden supporters on this site but encouraged and defended them. Yet, in this case, I have to ask why you seem too need to constantly post in a FORD forum about why holden is so good? Do you really think it makes a difference? You do realise that this is Ford Forums right? At best you will get indifference and ignored. At worst (and commonly enough now as you seem to be intent on biting at everything).. general derision and baiting.

Just ask yourself... do I really need to constantly shove Holdens into the face of obvious Ford fans and do I expect anything less that to be labeled a troll for doing so?
Fair call Casper.
Old 18-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #57
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Why i love holden...

Sorry, but these were one of the crappiest cars IMO. I dont hate Holdens and I would drive both but I'd rather be in an AU than a VN or a VP. They sound like s#it and the drive is even worse.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #58
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Why I love Ford... Well I dont particularly.

Why do I love Holden? I dont like them any more then the other.

What about Dodge? They are good too, but no better then the other two.

Ive owned all cars from all three manufacturers, they all have pros and cons, they will all break down at some point, they will all go fast if given encouragement.

What do I really love? Classic cars, be they Ford, Chev, Dodge.

Making a plastic fantastic go fast is modification.

Making a classic car go fast is Engineering.

:P

And anyone who bases their opinions based on VL to present day commodores is in dire need of experience, perspective, a fresh set of ugg boots and a new oakley sticker.

Car companies are far more then one model, one brand name, and one catagorey of race cars.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #59
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper

I didnt say holden was all good....not trying to make a difference, just contributing as to what makes up your mind whether you like ford or holden...indifference and ignored is at best what ill get then maybe you should moderate the forums because last i checked it was not a ford only forum...freedom of speech mate...and i dont bite on anything, just slants that are personal attacks rather than educated attacks
And you should read my post again...i do praise fords ya know and since when have i shoved anything in anyones face? noone has to respond to my posts, which buy the way are hardly 'holden is better than you'...its just opinions so troll or no, i care little

And VZTRT i would rather drive an AU than a vn/vp too, but i was corrosponding the years...hence i would rather drive a vp to an ea for example.

Now if you think my posts are disruptive because im from the other side of the fence you better check yourself because i have never personally attacked anyone...i bring my experience and opinion and, believe it or not, look for suggestions should i ever own a ford (yes that could happen!!)....so before you point fingers, just try and locate what iv done wrong other than wearing red in a blue house
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #60
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

What about the 34 Ford in todays Herald son that Chev have reproduced and call their own ?????