Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #31
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Vilkas

Last edited by VilkasBAMIIXR6T; 01-11-2005 at 10:48 PM.
VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #32
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Vilkas

Last edited by VilkasBAMIIXR6T; 01-11-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #33
gozza

i abused this person from the gym i was tryin to get out of...i was already boiled up before the certain conversation and the conversation in question just blew my lid....i strung quite a few sexualy perverse obsceneties in a sentence and not only did it get me no where...i felt like the most discusting person after cooling down and was quite ashamed of wat i said
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #34
RATT

The "stamping of feet" is not going to achieve anything other than resentment toward the customer by service personel.

There are many other firms that have service/ quality issues that occur frequently, but we never hear about it. But in the motor trade, it's easy for us to get on a site like this and say something about it. Next thing that happens is that someone who reads it will say "Ford Territorys are crap" etc. But a little known fact is that the vast majority of Territory and Falcon owners are very happy with the vehicles. But they will not get on a forum and and say "My car is awesome and my dealer is great too!". But you get that on the web...

I understand the frustration you have Andrew as you really should not have to go through the trouble you have. Errors are made but constant ones should not be accepted.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems to me you have a dealer related problem rather than a ford related problem ( although it is a Ford product obviously ).
I have a Ford dealer right near me but drive to one 45 mins away in non peak traffic because I trust them.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #36
Paxton
Cobblers!

I picked the car up at 1300 today. I was called on my mobile, and told that my car was ready. These folks keep getting worse. I catch a Taxi up there, and low and behold, my car is LAST in line to be washed. Their response was 'Oh, we are about to wash your car, do you want to wait?' What a stupid question, OF-COURSE I WANT MY CAR WASHED. I held off washing it because of yesterday. I was then told that they had called my office number again today, to try an get hold of me, however they called the correct office number, however I live in the Sutherland Shire, and my Office is in Rydalmere, so I only trek there once a week, I work from home, or in the car for the rest of the time. I still didn't get an apology, however RATT, you guys are looking at getting my business for service of the Territory, presuming you have a service department. Please say you do.

If anybody knows Adam Dominelli (or Ferdie for that matter)'s email address, I would appreciate it greatly.

-Andrew
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #37
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtonandrew
I picked the car up at 1300 today. I was called on my mobile, and told that my car was ready. These folks keep getting worse. I catch a Taxi up there, and low and behold, my car is LAST in line to be washed. Their response was 'Oh, we are about to wash your car, do you want to wait?' What a stupid question, OF-COURSE I WANT MY CAR WASHED. I held off washing it because of yesterday. I was then told that they had called my office number again today, to try an get hold of me, however they called the correct office number, however I live in the Sutherland Shire, and my Office is in Rydalmere, so I only trek there once a week, I work from home, or in the car for the rest of the time. I still didn't get an apology, however RATT, you guys are looking at getting my business for service of the Territory, presuming you have a service department. Please say you do.

If anybody knows Adam Dominelli (or Ferdie for that matter)'s email address, I would appreciate it greatly.

-Andrew
I think you will find more than a few people have had glowing reports of PWS service dept and their spare parts. That is PWS - Smithfield.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #38
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Vilkas

Last edited by VilkasBAMIIXR6T; 01-11-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #39
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Once again a matter of opinion. As is proven virtually every night on rather ordinary shows such as a current affair media attention does force companies to act as it affects their public image. The only angry rage I have witnessed is your private messages.

In relation to your private messages. YOU messaged me and threatened that if I don't change my attitude you will use your role, in having some sort of decision making process in relation to moderation, to KICK me off this forum.
As stated in previous messages my points along with other members are valid concerns.

I have responded for the last time on this matter. It does not solve anything. You have your opinion on the issue which I respect. Have some courtesy and respect others opinions too and stop trying to bully people into your line of thinking.
Nice try! ALL PMs are available for scrutiny!
Any issues were taken to PM to avoid this kind of nonsense which will soon be removed!

Your opinion was respected your wish to bad mouth all and sundry was not!

You were not threatened with banning, but were asked to moderate your behavoir. If you cannot do this then it may become an option!

You were asked to present your arguments in a calm non argumentative manner, if you choose to bounce of walls, do not expect to be taken seriously.

You could pay Andrew the courtesy of letting him resolve his issues in a thread he started without hijacking the thread as a vehicle for your own contempt, issues and vitriol!!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #40
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilkasBAMIIXR6T
I have responded for the last time on this matter. It does not solve anything. You have your opinion on the issue which I respect. Have some courtesy and respect others opinions too and stop trying to bully people into your line of thinking.

As a moderator, Red has a responsibility to moderate these forums, as an Admin its my responsibility to give the guidelines to do so, if you take offence to being to told to pull your head in, by posting it in this thread, or by pm, don't make a public issue of it, just refrain from posting to start with, or continuing to cry fowl.

Much appreciated!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #41
Paxton
Cobblers!

An email sent to any @dominelli.com.au that I could find. Lets see what reply I get now.

Quote:
I have been a loyal Ford fan since the early days of the 1980's (after Chrysler folded), and at the beginning of they year, I purchased a Territory. It has been nothing but trouble since the day I bought it, and it has been exasperated by your service department. I have had a re-occurring Ping that had been back to your guys three times, and they still haven't fixed it. The GearBox is awful, it takes about 30 seconds to engage reverse after it is selected, and I have asked for this to be fixed, however it hasn't yet. The front diff had a leak in it. I took it to your guys, and they took two days to diagnose the problem, and then 'fixed it'. Two days later it leaked again. I took it back yesterday, and was promised that the car would be foxed by three o'clock yesterday. I had a meeting in the afternoon, and had not organized a courtesy car, because you guys didn't have one. Why is it that you NEVER have a car, even with a month's notice? I was waiting to get a call that my car was ready, however when arrived home, in a taxi, there was a message waiting on my Voice Mailbox. I was told that they called my work number, however I changed my office about three years ago, and I have changed my number. I have also told them EVERY TIME I arrived to change my work number, and to call me on the mobile. They haven't yet, and yesterday the service department called my (now not working) work number, and when I called asking what gives, they told me that they couldn't get onto me, however my mobile worked, and was on all afternoon. I was then called and subsequently lied to, when I was told that they couldn't finish my car, and it would be ready tomorrow (today), not at the promised time of 4 PM yesterday. I needed the car, however I had to organize my Son's car to be home, so I could have a car. I had to borrow my Mother's car today, because I couldn't have MY car back. Why can't they listen to a simple instruction or request? It is beyond a joke. I visited today, when called, and was not greeted with an apology, oh no, I was greeted with an 'oh, your car is about to be washed, do you want us to do so?' OF COURSE I WANT MY CAR WASHED. I held off washing the car on the weekend because it was going to be washed on MONDAY. Your service department is possibly the worst I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I am sick of being lied to, and would like not only an apology, but to have my car serviced, and returned to me when promised. I would also like to be promised that my car will be ready when I ask it to be, not when you feel like it. If you can't deliver, replace my car. It has been the source of all evil, and I have spent more time in your dealership than I have ever wanted, because it feels like I am there EVERY week, due to my Lemon of a Territory. I am beyond dissapointed, I am stunned that I could feel like this, because I would never dream of owning anything other than a Ford, and on the whole, I love my Territory. The problems detract from the car, and your service department make me feel that I don't exist, and that my business means nothing to you. I know that if I treated my customers the way I have been treated, I would have lost my job. Its not right.

I am not going to say that I am not returning, because I live in Caringbah, and you are the local dealer. I will be back, and I hope to get treated like a person, because a junkyard Dog is treated better than I was.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Andrew

If it hasnt been sent, and as you have named the dealership, give them the right of reply here by putting in a link to the thread to that email.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #43
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Andrew

If it hasnt been sent, and as you have named the dealership, give them the right of reply here by putting in a link to the thread to that email.

Cheers
I haven't sent it yet, only because I can't find an email address that works. I can't even WHOIS their website to get some idea, so I will email Ford CRC, and ask them for an insight.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never had any problems with Metro Ford , Anne Street ,Brisbane. Been going there since my NL Fairlane, service my V8 Fairmont and Fiesta , no problems.
Shame how one rotten apple spoils it for everyone.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #45
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

anything further on this?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #46
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was wondering the same as well.

I had an issue with my Territory on the 2nd day of ownership ... i got it towed back to Rod Lawrence Ford in Campbelltown ... they initially refused a loan car (was closing time too) but i was adamant that I was not leaving without one (ended up with one of the Salesmans XR6 demo vehicles) ... I stood my ground on the fact i just handed over the cash (literally) for a new vehicle that had to towed back to them on the 2nd day.

They fixed it ... but I was lucky enough to have a loan vehicle over the Xmas/New Year break while they were troubleshooting the problem on my vehicle.

Andrew ... I hope things are sorted out soon ... I advise that you change dealerships for your next service though.

I have been lucky as I have used a few now (due to moving area ... and all have been good with service/parts/help.

Dealers that have been good:
Rod Lawrence Ford Campbelltown
Sinclair Ford Penrith
Winford Ford McGraths Hill
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #47
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Anything further on this?
Nothing as of yet. The Territory has been sitting in the Garage for almost a week, with the other two cars getting driven. The Diff works, without a leak, however I have not driven it because I am trying to keep the mileage down - a 11 moth old car has 32,000 Kms on it. I am trying to get the BMW going, hence the drive to Wagga yesterday. I almost wasted a litre of Meguiars on the front of the car to get the bugs off.

I have contacted the Ford CRC, and they told me that they would get back to me by the end of the week. From what I gather, some heads are rolling. Dominelli called me on Wednesday to apologize, and when I put my car in for service, they will arrange to have a Fairmont Ghia loan car for me. They had no idea that I would put my experience on the internet - they stumbled across the thread, and called when they realized that this is a rant against them. I don't think I could have heard more 'We are Sorry Mr. Paxton, we will endeavor to pick up our game next time". The only reason I will consider going back is their location. They are less than 10 Kms from my house, where any other dealership is >30 Kms, and I can't exactly get there fast.

If I don't get treated properly when the car goes back for the pre-Christmas service, then I will go elsewhere. In the mean time, the BMW is slowly getting worn in. 1,000 Kms here, 600 Kms there, its nearly at 20,000. I only hope BMW is better than Ford.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #48
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Ford are having a recruiting drive at the moment, to try improve services and stop these horror stories happening in the future; Ford Careers

But I reckon they need to go further, after talking to the recruitment officer at a dealership, I now understand why some service departments have poor morale & bad reputations.

Good luck sorting the problems paxtonandrew.

I've got to say; my dealer isn't perfect, but they have looked after me quite well and any problems are sorted quickly.
I did have some problems when I first got the Terri, but I emailed my concerns to the Dealer Principle and he called me at 8.00pm and we had a good friendly talk.
My next purchase will be with the same guys.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #49
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Ford are having a recruiting drive at the moment, to try improve services and stop these horror stories happening in the future; Ford Careers

But I reckon they need to go further, after talking to the recruitment officer at a dealership, I now understand why some service departments have poor morale & bad reputations.

Good luck sorting the problems paxtonandrew.

I've got to say; my dealer isn't perfect, but they have looked after me quite well and any problems are sorted quickly.
I did have some problems when I first got the Terri, but I emailed my concerns to the Dealer Principle and he called me at 8.00pm and we had a good friendly talk.
My next purchase will be with the same guys.
Great to see Ford taking this step. If they get some motivated people that are passionate about Fords doing this and these people are backed up by the company and able to keep promises we can expect bigger and better things. I wonder what the pay is like?
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #50
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Nothing as of yet. The Territory has been sitting in the Garage for almost a week, with the other two cars getting driven. The Diff works, without a leak, however I have not driven it because I am trying to keep the mileage down - a 11 moth old car has 32,000 Kms on it. I am trying to get the BMW going, hence the drive to Wagga yesterday. I almost wasted a litre of Meguiars on the front of the car to get the bugs off.

I have contacted the Ford CRC, and they told me that they would get back to me by the end of the week. From what I gather, some heads are rolling. Dominelli called me on Wednesday to apologize, and when I put my car in for service, they will arrange to have a Fairmont Ghia loan car for me. They had no idea that I would put my experience on the internet - they stumbled across the thread, and called when they realized that this is a rant against them. I don't think I could have heard more 'We are Sorry Mr. Paxton, we will endeavor to pick up our game next time". The only reason I will consider going back is their location. They are less than 10 Kms from my house, where any other dealership is >30 Kms, and I can't exactly get there fast.

If I don't get treated properly when the car goes back for the pre-Christmas service, then I will go elsewhere. In the mean time, the BMW is slowly getting worn in. 1,000 Kms here, 600 Kms there, its nearly at 20,000. I only hope BMW is better than Ford.
The first few positive signs! I wish I could guarantee this will be the end of all your problems, but their may be a few more hurdles, I and many others have been through similar circumstances.
I am sure however that as the right people find out what has happened and become involved you will eventually end up with a trouble free Territory.

Good for you for sticking to your guns and taking a rational approach.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #51
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8

Good for you for sticking to your guns and taking a rational approach.
I had a great mentor (pokes out tongue).

After discussing the problem with my Wife, we decided that if I went the other way, and yelled at every employee to kingdom come, I would get nowhere. Ford CRC have been the real catalyst in this operation, not only have they organized for my complaint to hit the Dealer Principal, they said that my email has also been forwarded to the appropriate channels in Ford management. The email of which I speak is the one posted above, where I laid out my problems with my dealership.

A review of a BF Ghia may be on its way before Xmas.

~Andrew
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 AM   #52
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I had a great mentor (pokes out tongue).

Ford CRC : have been the real catalyst in this operation, not only have they organized for my complaint to hit the out: Dealer Principal, they said that my email has also been forwarded to the appropriate channels : in Ford management :monkes: . The email of which I speak is the one posted above, where I laid out my problems with my dealership : .

A review of a BF Ghia may be on its way before Xmas. :lookedat:

~Andrew
All jokes aside good luck.
Old 26-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #53
holdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
It doesn't take a day to swap a diff!!
I dont think you guys know what is involved in replacing a front diff on a territory, very big job have to drop the front crossmember just to get to the diff. easy 6 hour job, but in the case of paxtons territory i think a apprentice was working on the car, that is why it was not completed by the end of the day.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #54
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdon
I dont think you guys know what is involved in replacing a front diff on a territory, very big job have to drop the front crossmember just to get to the diff. easy 6 hour job, but in the case of paxtons territory i think a apprentice was working on the car, that is why it was not completed by the end of the day.
Can you say Thread-mining?

I think an Apprentice built the bloody thing. It has spent more time off the road than any of my other cars combined. Must be an omen not to get an Automatic.

Oh, and the BF Ghia was great. I love the Gearbox, the engine note is sweeter than the BA, and I couldn't believe how much quicker it was compared with my Territory. I must get a Performance wheel. I love the chunky feel.