Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

yes people should realise that oil prices are directly related to inflation in lots of ways oil provides nearly everything that we use today . even the keyboards we are writng on is made from plastic which is made from oil. so everything from trasport to anything contianing plastic . ie just about everything goes up .not just because of tranport issues because of manufacturing processes requiring oil as well.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
it $hits me when every little thing that happens in this country, the government gets blamed.
if people don't like the price of fuel, buy a push bike :
In cases like this people are lashing out at the Government because they have made very clear that cutting petrol taxes is not an option. They can do something about it but they won't! The last I heard - they're not even considering it. Hell yeah I blame them!

Who's fault is this? Is it mine? I'm the one walking into the servo and saying geeee I think I'd like to pay $1.28c/L today thanks?!

And yes I understand that petrol is high due to the barrel price but why can't the Government sit back and say 'hmmmmm ok these petrol prices are going to be tough on Australians so since the barrel price is so high why don't we cut a little of the petrol tax and ease the situation a tad'??!! Life for us needs to get harder in order for the Government to be able to pledge millions of dollars to other countries. Bah! Please, don't get me started _

Sorry but I'm one of those that will jump and blame the Government on this issue. Now saying all that - I deal with it. Prices are what they are and since I need fuel for the car I don't have a choice but to pay the price. I don't know what dollar amount it would take for me to stop driving my car but it wouldn't bother me to jump on a bus a few times a week as opposed to taking the car. I do it once a week anyway (take the youngest daughter on a bus ride every week) so what's a few more times a week...

Great!! The 2nd thread I have to kick myself out of lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #33
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Fuel is a finite resource, however we will be whinging about the prices rather than the limited supply for quite some time.

So I'll whinge about the prices too! PAYING MORE & MORE FOR IT SUCKS!

I wouldn't mind to afford another 300,000km out of my Wheezer :P

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #34
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
good thing i got my bike licence i spose...
You kidding? My brother rides a 250, and gets about 100km's from a 10L tank

All those worried about their V8's- can't you convert it to gas or something?
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #35
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Life for us needs to get harder in order for the Government to be able to pledge millions of dollars to other countries. Bah! Please, don't get me started.
Exactly.... Ehhh!
Funny that our eyes light up at cheap $1 per litre fuel now when only the daring few service stations put fuel past 99.9 a few years ago.
It'll never stop.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #36
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Go Go LPG!

In all seriousness tho, it's just somethin people have to learn to deal with. It's not going to change in the near future, no matter what we do. Just shop at coles and use their 4c discount vouchers. Or go LPG. 37c per litre, mmmmmmm :Reverend:
Old 26-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #37
Psycho Chicken
Banned

The BBQ fuel system in my XD died last week, managed to get the Thermocrap (If Lucas is the son of the devil Carter is somehow related) running. Filled the tank with premium on Thursday morning.....$75 thank you very much. The fact it sounds better on petrol and I'm giving it a bit more doesn't help, nor does the state of tune of the carby.

Time to go buy a manual KB Laser for a run about. Missus reckons she puts about $30 a week in! It's an auto and she is one of the most un-economical drivers I know. Makes my $80 a week look stupid.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #38
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
In cases like this people are lashing out at the Government because they have made very clear that cutting petrol taxes is not an option. They can do something about it but they won't! The last I heard - they're not even considering it. Hell yeah I blame them!

Who's fault is this? Is it mine? I'm the one walking into the servo and saying geeee I think I'd like to pay $1.28c/L today thanks?!

And yes I understand that petrol is high due to the barrel price but why can't the Government sit back and say 'hmmmmm ok these petrol prices are going to be tough on Australians so since the barrel price is so high why don't we cut a little of the petrol tax and ease the situation a tad'??!! Life for us needs to get harder in order for the Government to be able to pledge millions of dollars to other countries. Bah! Please, don't get me started _

Sorry but I'm one of those that will jump and blame the Government on this issue. Now saying all that - I deal with it. Prices are what they are and since I need fuel for the car I don't have a choice but to pay the price. I don't know what dollar amount it would take for me to stop driving my car but it wouldn't bother me to jump on a bus a few times a week as opposed to taking the car. I do it once a week anyway (take the youngest daughter on a bus ride every week) so what's a few more times a week...

Great!! The 2nd thread I have to kick myself out of lol.
ed zacharry !
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #39
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Well federal tax on fuel is 55%. That is a bit excessive in my opinion but if your earning millions upon millions of dollars in tax, I guess it isn't that high.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #40
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Also diesel is more expensive than petrol at some bowsers, considering it is less refined than petrol that strikes me as odd. For the country farmers doing it tough they do get a tax rebate for the cost of fuel, except now country diesel has a die in it and if you are not in the country and they (police, rangers ect) spyfon (i know i spelt it wrong) a bit of your tank and you have the diesel with the die in it you have to explain why you are not on your property but are using the died diesel. You have to have log books to prove you were doing a job off property.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #41
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Let's look at the positives! What better reason for everyone to quit smoking, quit gambling and quit blowing money at KFC and double the moey you can spend on your fuel bill!!

Actually scrap that last one, I'll never quit my KFC habit, thank God I'm not a smoker though.
Old 26-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #42
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quit KFC? Not a chance!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #43
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Also diesel is more expensive than petrol at some bowsers, considering it is less refined than petrol that strikes me as odd.
Thats always struck me as weird aswell.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:40 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

the worst part about all of it is the government is introducing a new tax on lpg from jan 2007 till jan 2012 it goes up 2.5 cents per litre per year, so in 2012 gas will be 12.5 cents per litre dearer. nice ehhh.
Old 27-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #45
Steffo
LPG > You

Looks like every car I run will be using LPG until the next big mainstream alternative comes out. As it stands, I firmly believe LPG is the fuel to use. Burns cleaner then petrol, its 105 RON, costs 40 cents a litre, etc etc. The $0.40/L thing is a major vote in favour of LPG in my books.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #46
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
the worst part about all of it is the government is introducing a new tax on lpg from jan 2007 till jan 2012 it goes up 2.5 cents per litre per year, so in 2012 gas will be 12.5 cents per litre dearer. nice ehhh.
Yeah you know why dont you? Because everyone will be running LPG and they will lose too much $$ from the overinflated tax on fuel..
Old 27-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #47
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA-FALCON-GL
Yeah you know why dont you? Because everyone will be running LPG and they will lose too much $$ from the overinflated tax on fuel..
makes me wonder how far into the future the pollies can see as they passed the new tax law on lpg in 2002 . they must've seen the petrol price hike comming.
Old 27-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #48
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

w00t! Just as well i've got my BP Autogas discount card then! py:
Old 27-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #49
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
w00t! Just as well i've got my BP Autogas discount card then! py:
What card is this?
Old 27-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #50
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

on the weekend at mobil eatons hill i filled up for 98.9c for premium unleaded and i think norm unleaded was 95.9c or somethin like that. cheapest i have seen in a while

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #51
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is only so much the govt. can do about petrol prices. OPEC is a big part of the problem too.

Meh I got 540Ks out of the last tank in the Skyline and not one under 500 so far.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #52
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Also diesel is more expensive than petrol at some bowsers, considering it is less refined than petrol that strikes me as odd.
Not quite.

In a distilation column (engineering thing, dont ask), Diesel (a.k.a. Distilate, read column name) is sourced from the lower end. This is all well and good and provides diesel which is relativly unrefined. However, Diesel is now mostly sourced for low sulfur content, which is much harder to obtain, so the higher prices is a reflection of its difficulty to obtain.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post