Old 23-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #31
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: oh! oh! it's growing on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i'd feel wrong in anything but a ford

i know, i've tried.
Gotta say , theres no other brand allowed in the yard except well fords and nissans (4 bies)
The minister funnily enuf hates the demographic that evolves around those from the red corner
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
that will be a great "drive"
some nice winding bits, particularly through the passes, and some decent straights, if go Quorn - Hawker...15 km dead straight across Willocra plains.

I like your idea of a 'drive'.. what some others spend weeks planning and make it a holiday thing

two thumbs up from me, and extra plus for the ford side of it all.

well we're pretty lucky the ranges are in our "backyard" but it was an exceptional day.......a lot of green up there now as well as roo's and emu's everywhere

had a picnic in Warren gorge...kids chased a few frogs and got laughed at by Kookaburra's

up through Hawker through and past brachina gorge past Proby's grave past Wilpena onto Blinman to say G'day to the camel bloke (all bitumen now and an easy drive)

back through the development road to wilpena pound then just for something different we shot across to Peterborough to see the steam museum.......... all up around 750 kilometres

going through the gorges we were down to 30 - 40 Kph and on the straights 110 so speeds varied but the overall average in a fully loaded vehicle was just on the 8.5 according to the onboard puter.....not bad I reckon

the Ford never missed a beat and gave us a limousine like very comfortable ride....very easy on the bum.......

carried the grandkids to bed around 11'ish ......mum and dad had a terrific day away from the kids......grandma and pop had a great day with the kids

win win!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by poppa smurf; 23-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #33
BAFrod

I bought my 2004 BA, and started noticing issues straight away - all the plugs were rusted through, the heater doesn't work (air con does, temp control is stuck on cold), numerous interior plastics were abused and cracked, and the handbrake soon deteriorated. But does that change the fact that I love it? No sir. I have spent more than I can afford on fixing/exterior modding my girl. I don't care about the abuse she's experienced at the hands of neglectful owners, when I give it a bootfull through a sweeping corner, that's the best rush somebody my age is going to get from a car!
2004 BA1 Futura - XT/Ghia headlight clusters, satin black upper and lower grilles, black slim plates, red interior LEDs, Clarion 6.5" upgrade, XR alloy pedals, FG alloy scuff plates, wheels, tint and lower to come...
BAFrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #34
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

My 2003 BA has plenty of bumps and noises....
It's a 9 year old car with 170K km on it and to be expected.
Doesn't bother me and I still love driving it every day !

10/10 to the OP though for the persistent effort !
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #35
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
That's the spirit!! Great to see a positive thread for a change, about someone who is happy with their Ford.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers
Col
thanks Col.......I just thought there was a bit too much "negativity" getting around and I'm afraid I was one of them

I just wanted to "update" my thoughts on Ford and build a little spot for others to place their positive thoughts on what is basically a very good vehicle which may contain minor flaws

glad to see so many folks have taken to the thread in the context to which it was placed

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 23-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
Radtek
Starter Motor

Love my FG XR6 (Vixen), only problem is that my wife thinks its hers!!

P.S. Traded in a 2008 Hyundai on it which had more problems, rattles and knocks than I care to mention.
Radtek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #37
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

I've had my BA for coming up on 6 years and 130,000kms on the clock. I keep looking to replace it just for a change of scenery but I cant bring myself to do it, I just cant find anything substantially better. It really has been the most reliable, smoothest and most comfortable car I have ever owned.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #38
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
Eh they still drive like taxis compared to german cars, fact of life, 4 spd in the Terry is pretty terrible, at 60KM/H there is nothing, too fast for first, second is bogging. Got beaten by a 2000ish~ Corolla up a hill to the lane merge, surprised me.

If your Territory got beaten by a Corolla up a hill, I'd be taking it to a competant mechanic for some desperate repair work.

Either that, or you hate it with a passion (which would be more like it, judging by your comments) and just trying to drive home the point.

German cars in my opinion are over rated pieces of junk. Yeah, I'll be flamed for it, but I'm only saying it as I see it.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
If your Territory got beaten by a Corolla up a hill, I'd be taking it to a competant mechanic for some desperate repair work.

Either that, or you hate it with a passion (which would be more like it, judging by your comments) and just trying to drive home the point.

German cars in my opinion are over rated pieces of junk. Yeah, I'll be flamed for it, but I'm only saying it as I see it.
i think also some other asian brands are also over rated, even though some people seem to be brain washed that they are better, having had storage of a heap of my brothers cars of that particular brand i know they have just as many faults as any another.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #40
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe the corolla might have been modified?? just because its a corolla doesnt mean someones not going to make it go faster!!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #41
Werd.
nou

Quote:

its just a bloody heavy car, hills take their toll. it isn't slow by any means, and certainly has full power, was serviced a few weeks back.

scenario was taking off at the lights in the left lane, up a steep hill, got to about 50k when I saw a corolla coming up in the right lane, planted it for the lane merge, it didn't kick back to first and just lugged in 2nd while the corolla kept pulling ahead.

The corolla was going for it though, probably full throttle, by no means was he driving sedately, sorry if I gave the impression that he was just plodding along. 2 tonnes, wrong gear, and 190kw is probably going to do worse than a 1300kg manual corolla at peak power revs up a hill.

and no I do like the Territory, I think its a great car minus the fuel economy (which isn't bad for its size) and the power is more than adequate. im just saying it isn't as refined in the suspension compartment as the German Tiguan, no where near as dampened over bumps. feels a little harsh and clunky compared to the tiguan which has a nice soft ride. Tiguan has 17s too...

can't comment on handling as I dont thrash them around corners, but I feel the tiguan has less body roll. (lower and lighter so again not a fair comparison)
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #42
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
its just a bloody heavy car, hills take their toll. it isn't slow by any means, and certainly has full power, was serviced a few weeks back.

scenario was taking off at the lights in the left lane, up a steep hill, got to about 50k when I saw a corolla coming up in the right lane, planted it for the lane merge, it didn't kick back to first and just lugged in 2nd while the corolla kept pulling ahead.

The corolla was going for it though, probably full throttle, by no means was he driving sedately, sorry if I gave the impression that he was just plodding along. 2 tonnes, wrong gear, and 190kw is probably going to do worse than a 1300kg manual corolla at peak power revs up a hill.

and no I do like the Territory, I think its a great car minus the fuel economy (which isn't bad for its size) and the power is more than adequate. im just saying it isn't as refined in the suspension compartment as the German Tiguan, no where near as dampened over bumps. feels a little harsh and clunky compared to the tiguan which has a nice soft ride. Tiguan has 17s too...

can't comment on handling as I dont thrash them around corners, but I feel the tiguan has less body roll. (lower and lighter so again not a fair comparison)

Try taking the Handbrake off, Seriously that or there is something definitely wrong with your car. i have a Terry and it has plenty of torque to get moving.
Old 24-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #43
borough

Quote:
Totally agree with you on German cars, especially Volkswagens.
borough is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #44
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by borough
Totally agree with you on German cars, especially Volkswagens.

agree too, not that they are bad cars.

But over there they are just your average 'falcon' or 'commodore'
nothing wrong with that either!

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
Pis-ton broke
Banned

I,m a Ford man , i,ve owned an asortment of cars over 20+ years. I,ve come back to fords. The fords that i,ve owned have been used and abused, and I,m not affraid to buy an ex taxi with 700,000ks for a daily. And brought an el falcon , daily horse float puller off my sister (racehorse trainer) , yeah the car was flogged. I drove it heaps, then i needed a ute. I sold the car to my neigboors for $800 some years back, and its just a farm car and daily ,still pluggin on. Yeah I,m happy as hell with my BA xr6.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #46
Werd.
nou

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Try taking the Handbrake off, Seriously that or there is something definitely wrong with your car. i have a Terry and it has plenty of torque to get moving.
There is nothing wrong with it...
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #47
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with it...
plus the idiot in the corolla would of had a run up as well. sorry mate i thought that he was just plotting along while you were flat. thats why i thought it might have been a modified corolla.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #48
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider
plus the idiot in the corolla would of had a run up as well. sorry mate i thought that he was just plotting along while you were flat. thats why i thought it might have been a modified corolla.
Never under estimate a small car just because it is small.
I saw a little Mirage like mine hauling through traffic the other week, I caught him at a servo a little later. I had a quick chat cause I heard his BOV when he passed me and everyone else. Might be BS, but he says he's running stock internals & box with a heavy duty clutch he's making 140kws at 10psi, given that he chopped a VE SS, easy enough seems like he's got a quick little sleeper.

And in reply to the OP.
We love our BF has been an awesome car thus far, our AU was also great.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #49
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great thread!

I've had Fords since 1989. The first was an EA S 3.9MPI 5 speed; I wasn't too impressed with that and got rid of it for an EB II S-XR8. That was a great car! We had a little Ford Festiva around that time too and that was a great little run-around.

Went off to Brunei for a few years and then got an AU II XR8 220kW; that also was a great car.

I've had the BA GT-P now since 2003; simply the best car I have ever had! Sadly, for me, it will be passing to a new owner this weekend. I've sold her as we are planning a move to Pyrmont and will only need 1 car, which I'm glad to say is still a Ford.

Our Territory SY II Ghia is just over 2 years old and what a great family car that is. The eldest daughter is now starting to learn to drive in it.

Guess I've been fortunate with my Fords, no real problems to speak of, they've been very reliable and especially in the case of the GT-P, bring a smile to the dial!
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #50
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Great thread, nice to see someone sharing positive ownership experience. As well as perservering through the hard times with it.

Realistically, my Fords have been nothing but good to me. Sure, ive had problems (what car doesnt?) but theyve all lived up to my expectations. My experiences have been a real credit to the Ford Motor Company, either that or im just lucky.

Either way, it definitely has left me with blue-coloured glasses & I wouldnt consider anything else. Ever.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #51
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to use this thread to say im very happy with the way New Oak Ford are dealing with me at the moment. They have given me constant updates on my car, and as they have had to wait for parts have given me a brand new Transit as a loan vehicle for 3 days complementary. The Transit is great fun to drive and i would recommend New Oak Ford.
You don't often get a good Ford service rap on here!

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #52
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well done you lot.......and a very good spot to place the "I've had no problems with the Ford dealership" as well

I for one have had a very good and positive experience with our local Ford dealership.....I did get booted out of the workshop by the head mechanic but that's only O.H.S. issues

the other mob soured me completely.....Ford were, and are, nothing but supportive and I found they couldn't help enough

I get a bit sick of all the constant negativity surrounding Ford dealerships and it's vehicles....way bigger issues in the world to be bothered about!

Old 25-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #53
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, I have been treated very well by Sinclair Ford. They gave me a great deal when I bought the GT-P back in 2003 and even helped to have the tensioners replaced as a warranty item even though the warranty had long expired. The car has always been serviced by them, they know it's been looked after and it was a known fault.

When I take either of the 2 cars there for servicing the service people (especially Chris) are always happy to chat and Hammo, the FPV specialist, always give me the time of day.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #54
Turboconvert

I get good service from southern ford as well. I try to use them were budget allows as I always get good service with a good smile. Very friend people. Pretty much on first name terms with them now. Well the spare parts bloke at least.

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Its a case of the grass is always greener on the otherside, people forget everycar has its flaws and as far as Ford goes they have probably the 2 best motors ever offered in an Australian car for relatively cheap prices and quite reliable.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #56
rowie77
Starter Motor

Had my 2005 TX AWD for 5yrs and 140,000 kms, trouble free. Biggest thing replaced was a shock absorber. Have crisscrossed the country in it with kids, trailers, car trailers with nil problems.
rowie77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #57
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
you doomsayers can Kiss my Butt.......go buy a Kia!
what's wrong with the new Kias?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
what's wrong with the new Kias?
Bwah! Hah! Hah!......took you long enough.......I have never owned a Kia but I know a few who have had them....thrashed the pants off them, didn't look after them in any way shape or form and they just took it

seem to be a reasonable little car......it would be good to have one in the boot for a spare

I must also say that I recently completed a 2,500 kilometre journey towing our 18', 1850 kgm plus "stuff" around the joint and had not one ounce of problem

returned 16.5 litres per hundred kilometres (or about 17 MPG) average

a little soft in the bum (car not me) but apart from that a very good trip.......39 degs a couple of days of it, so air con set to 22 with full load

temp gauge did not exceed halfway......very pleased

good to see a positive old thread rise from the depths again......

Old 14-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #59
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yeah ours would probably fit in the boot if you fold the seats down

also i'm not going to try to tow your caravan/boat whatever it is :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #60
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh sorry!......just noticed I didn't put what I towed .....thats what happens when you grow old, that and hair growing from strange places and not being able to pass a loo and forgetting what I'm talking about, now where was I????

oh yeah!.....it was a caravan, 22' including tow frame, full size

This user likes this post: