Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #31
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Pictures of FG2 FPVs

I really like the GS front, gives it a much needed lift.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

It would have been nice to see a unique grill insert for the GS, just to give it a little degree of seperation from the XR series...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Using the Ford Grille on the GS is a great move on several levels, giving distinction between it and the GT
while keeping the familiar FG II look for buyers graduating from lower Ford ranks, a great entry level decision.

I'm not fussed on those decals, they look decidedly gaudy and really, they detract from the car's clean lines.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #34
seduced_xr
BF XR6

lets not forget that GS front just the FG 2 XR front... which i intend to make fit to my mark 1
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #35
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Using the Ford Grille on the GS is a great move on several levels, giving distinction between it and the GT
while keeping the familiar FG II look for buyers graduating from lower Ford ranks, a great entry level decision.
i don't agree. if i buy a GS and park it next to someone's xr6, unless you are well aware that ford only offer the v8 through FPV, then there is no real stand out feature that says this is a FPV! its a shame FPV don't have their own unique design language across the whole range.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i don't agree. if i buy a GS and park it next to someone's xr6, unless you are well aware that ford only offer the v8 through FPV, then there is no real stand out feature that says this is a FPV! its a shame FPV don't have their own unique design language across the whole range.

Changing the "design language" as you put it would make the cars way more expensive
to amortize costs, putting the budget conscious GS out of reach of intended buyers.

I think FPV knows its customer base pretty well and what they really want, grunt comes before expensive restyling.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Changing the "design language" as you put it would make the cars way more expensive
to amortize costs,
putting the budget conscious GS out of reach of intended buyers.

I think FPV knows its customer base pretty well and what they really want, grunt comes before expensive restyling.
technically, the GS is the one with the 'one off' styling, not the other way around.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yeah agree, a FPV is supposed to be a different brand it just muddies what a FPV is when it looks identical to the rental Fords you see at Brisbane airport. Hardly reinforces making the FPV experience as 'special'

What the GS is successful at is diluting the FPV brand cachet. Just put the same FPV front end across the range and be done with it, cheap and effective. Maybe dont have foglights or remove the racoon eyes if you want to differentiate it from the GT.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I'm no expert but FPV must know what they're doing, it's their money to spend whatever way they see fit.
If you guys think the GS is bland, no good, undifferentiated from XRs then that's your beef with FPV...

Last edited by jpd80; 04-12-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #40
FPV0002
FPV0002

To me the GS looks very bland, fairly boring and not very tough. I gotta agree with Brazen looks much to similar to a regular falcon. Especially with the soft tonneau cover. Imo needs a styling upgrade and rear suspension change. GT and F6 still look sweet
FPV0002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #41
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And just how much more styling could FPV do to the GS to differentate it from the other FPV's ?.
Some of the ones calling for a change to make it stand out are more then likely the ones that think a E-series HSV is to in your face and over the top.
FPV can do nothing right in the eyes of these people.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #42
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, I'm no expert but FPV must know what they're doing, it's their money to spend whatever way they see fit.
If you guys think the GS is bland, no good, undifferentiated from XRs then that's your beef with FPV...
its ok... just the usual internerd sookin going on.....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #43
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well then just get rid of the FPV brand all together and sell everything under Ford. The costs of setting up specific FPV showrooms, merchandise, specific websites, brochures, marketing campaigns, spokespeople and Drive days, unique stands at motor shows is to sell a unique performance expierience is massive. They do this so that buyers will pay a 'premium' for the car....

Then they chuck a GS in the mix which looks identical to a Ford Falcon ex-Hertz auction special, just so they can save $15 in bumper plastic, instead of using the unique FPV bumper. This doesnt just effect the GS it effects the rest of the FPV range as its reminds FPV buyers of the connection to the mainstream donor car. I mean this is amateur hour stuff.

I love the GS, but make it a Ford or make it a true FPV. Otherwise you are just flushing your FPV brand building down the drain.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #44
excopau

Its not like they dont have the bumpers already, so there isnt an cost issue involved. Alot won't buy an GS because they think its an over priced xr8 with an fpv badge tacked on.
excopau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #45
prydey
Rob

Brazen - its one of those rare times we agree on something

while the GS has a 'XR' front end, there will never be rebirth of the xr8 nameplate in the ford stable. therefore its probably no accident that the GS does have the ford xr front rather than the FPV front. obviously they've decided that FPV will deal with the v8 models.

its just that F6, GT, GT-E, GT-P etc are all instantly recognisable as FPV's.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #46
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
its ok... just the usual internerd sookin going on.....
possibly mitch, although i'm rarely referred to as a 'nerd' a sook on the other hand....
Old 04-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #47
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Brazen - its one of those rare times we agree on something
Haha, one of the signs of the apocalypse?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #48
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GS is a poor mans GT...... always has.. always will be...
bit more than a standard Falcon but not as good or as flash as the big cheese......
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #49
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
And just how much more styling could FPV do to the GS to differentate it from the other FPV's ?.
A specific lower bar insert, just like the F6 is different the the GT.

Nothing over the top, even GT style mesh...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

The GS Looks like the XR series cars on purpose. If they upspecc'd the GS to the GT or F6 front bar they would have to develop new front bars for the higher spec models.

The GS is purposely supposed to look more "basic" than the GT and F6, otherwise why would you look at the higher models?

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #51
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Quote:
bit more than a standard Falcon but not as good or as flash as the big cheese......

and history shows that the immortal GT's of the 70's were the basic shells of the ordinary Falcon, fancied up with better suspension, heavier drivetrains, more power and stripes. If the GS has to cross the blend line between Ford and FPV's identifiable look, so be it. The GS represnts the true spirit of what the GS's of old were all about.

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #52
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
that`s about the size of it, if they make it too close to the GT why have it at all, if people don`t like it an extra 20 odd k will get them the big banger, personally i`d be wrapped to the eyeballs to have a GS if funds where available, it might not look like a GT but for not much money it could soon go and stop like one.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #53
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol you can't blame fpv for it all. They are trying to give people on a budget the option of a v8. If I was buying tomorrow I'd probably go the GS... Not everyone needs big brakes or a large spoiler. We should not complain given the fact we have the choice.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
well then just get rid of the FPV brand all together and sell everything under Ford. The costs of setting up specific FPV showrooms, merchandise, specific websites, brochures, marketing campaigns, spokespeople and Drive days, unique stands at motor shows is to sell a unique performance expierience is massive. They do this so that buyers will pay a 'premium' for the car....

Then they chuck a GS in the mix which looks identical to a Ford Falcon ex-Hertz auction special, just so they can save $15 in bumper plastic, instead of using the unique FPV bumper. This doesnt just effect the GS it effects the rest of the FPV range as its reminds FPV buyers of the connection to the mainstream donor car. I mean this is amateur hour stuff.

I love the GS, but make it a Ford or make it a true FPV. Otherwise you are just flushing your FPV brand building down the drain.
Lol ditch FPV and we won't have a V8... Ford are no longer interested in V8's. If they were then we wouldn't need a GS, it would be the XR8
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #55
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
With a supercharged V8 under the hood why would you give a flying f.

The engine is the No1 attraction, the rest just keeps you dry and stops the bugs from hitting your face.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #56
Henry F
Starter Motor

The whole thing looks like Ford/FPV haven't got money. Those wheels on the F6 look like dark grey GT wheels - BORING!!! The GS is still running BF series alloys - yawn... The 19's offered on the new XR's look 1000 times better. I know FPV probably blew their budget on the S/C donk but this screams cheap. Maybe they've thrown all their money at the HO. We can only hope...
Henry F is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #57
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's one I took today for ya'll

FG MKII by SgtBourne, on Flickr
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #58
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry F
The whole thing looks like Ford/FPV haven't got money. Those wheels on the F6 look like dark grey GT wheels - BORING!!! The GS is still running BF series alloys - yawn... The 19's offered on the new XR's look 1000 times better. I know FPV probably blew their budget on the S/C donk but this screams cheap. Maybe they've thrown all their money at the HO. We can only hope...
Well if we all bought them maybe they would.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #59
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Here's one I took today for ya'll

FG MKII by SgtBourne, on Flickr
hell yes... if i was to go down the new car road again.......
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #60
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh it ugly, doesnt match my hair, dont like the bumpers, mirrors look silly, rims are crap, tyres are skinny, grilles wrong colour, stickers are crooked,
looks like a Falcon...
it is a ******* FALCON......