Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #31
LightningStrike

I was so anti-Ford as a kid I had my Dad paint my room in Brock Mobil HDT colours (1985), which took hours to get the trims and door details done perfect. I think it put him off painting forever afterwards.......

This is despite a family freind having a genuine HO P3, and me being mesmerised by this thing as it shook the little fibro house I lived in. I was convinced my uncles VK Group 3 was cooler looking but the HO was like nothing else I had ever seen/felt.

Once it actually came time to buy a car I did get a Holden, but within a couple of years moved on to Jap cars, lots of them. It took a while, but then I grew up and found that Fords deliver a damn good product for the money, though I wouldn't say I am a Ford-only man, I am definetly a fan!

I am a car-man overall and can appreciate anything that does the job well.

The Territory is my 18th car, and although not my quickest by a long shot it is my favourite.

Winter White AUII eGas 1 Tonner Goooone!

Winter White SY Ghia AWD 6spd Injected Gas
Mazda 3 SP25GT
==========================
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #32
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Old boy was a Holden man... Had an A9X and his mates all had Holdens... (one of his mates knocked back an XY GT for a statesman because the GT was second hand and he wanted a new car!!)

Since I could speak I have followed the blue oval, despite my old man questioning whether I belonged to him!!
Old 28-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #33
Mz Revvv Head

Always been a Ford chick & Always will be ...

I have Blue blood

I still remeber going to Ford days out when I was 3 years old ...
Grew up with the old school GT'S ... FORD all the way for me ;)
Mz Revvv Head is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #34
sleek7

Meh im neither really. First car was a VT. Got it cos I needed a car for work, thats pretty much it.
Saved up my pennies for about a year, and for 6 months as I saved more I was looking at what I could buy (capped my spending limit) and was ready for a new car. Didnt have a preference to what badge it had on it, I was looking for something that I liked and that had best performance and bits and pieces for the amount I was going to pay for.
First I planned on a VY/VZ SS but after looking around I discovered to my joy the Ford XR6 Turbo. Read review after review comparing them to this and that, giving the ups and downs and was pretty much from then I decided I wanted one.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #35
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

old man used to own a LC torrie when doing his spanner bashing apprenticeship moved onto fords when i was born his thought was mainly cause parts were cheap and easy to get, always had dreams for a GT kind of glad he didnt get it cause i grew up seeing how those old family hacks turned out.

when came time for me to get a car wasnt concerned if holden or ford but the oval won out and took home a rusty as XE but was cool cause it had mags and twin tips lol rest speaks for its self...

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #36
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have always been a car enthusiast first and foremost. This means that it is the cars themselves that I get a kick from, not the badge that it wears. Have I always been a ford guy?? No. In my younger years I followed HRT with a passion, however, when it came time to purchase my first car it came down to bang for buck. Which manufacturer could offer me the better road car for the right price was of most importance to me. To this day I will purchase the car that pushes my buttons with notions of brand loyalty coming in at a distant last.... I think we a pretty lucky given the type of cars on offer from our local manufacturers.
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #37
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was always a ford guy, was brung home form hospital in Dads XL Delux, even my paddock basher was a ford, the only time I didnt drive a ford was when my company car was a Magna, but my wife had an AU and I had the ZC so it was OK, then well I was looking for a Project and couldnt justify the $$$$ on a mid to late 30's Ford so I looked at other alternatives

Now I sit here typing on a ford forum wearing a Chev Tshirt,

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was a holden man had a V8 torry and my little bro had a V8 gemini (motors built by my old man )

my old man was a ford man and eventually changed me over convinced me to buy an XF and prettymuch only had fords since

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Well as it turns out i was a GM fan, i went to look at a VC commodore for my first car and the price was a little high. there was an XF Falcon across the road for sale and dad dragged me kicking and screaming over to have a look at it. I thought could it get any worse, he talked me into buying it. I really didnt want it but i took the ol boys advice, best decision i have made and have been a blue boy since, and even turned a few mates to the blue side aswell.
Old 28-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #40
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Love always Ford.
Perhaps with ok from op and mods the title should be "Were you always a Ford man?woman? (boy/girl) curious? just a suggestion

cheers
H
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #41
drivingon

my father passed away when i was 12 but i still remember the xm with the dog with the nodding head in the back window lol 1st car tc cortina,but never found anything more reliable or unstoppable than a ford 6 or 8 !
78 XC X pack
candy apple red
being restored
:thebirds:
68 xt falcon
at a later date

WRECKING XC
drivingon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #42
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
THEN around 1998 I started paying a little attention to the V8s, and decided to prefer Holden due to peer pressure. Getting the VTII in 2000 probably helped that.
I was just thinking today when I saw a VT enter The Glen...by golly, they look tired. In 13 years, they look horribly old.

In comparison, the AU still looks good, especially with a spoiler on the back.

AT the time, I really disliked the AU and thought it looked retarded but now, I feel it has certainly held up its own far, far better than the VT.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #43
robbyg
72xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I was just thinking today when I saw a VT enter The Glen...by golly, they look tired. In 13 years, they look horribly old.

In comparison, the AU still looks good, especially with a spoiler on the back.

AT the time, I really disliked the AU and thought it looked retarded but now, I feel it has certainly held up its own far, far better than the VT.
Mate that is so true, the au when first launched everyone was grimasing at the different look, and me also took a bit of time to adjust to it, as ya say now they smash the look of any holden of that time and to this day they still hold there own at 2010.
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #44
Corzza

My first Ford and so far the journey hasnt been too bad.

I have driven many a ford but never owned one.

Holding thumbs

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #45
onlyv8s

I just love cars, currently i have my xb coupe, a BA 3v 5.4 trayback, the wife drives a territory ghia, and my other toy is a hsv gts coupe (twin turbo), but i have had toranas, a vk commodore, vt, Xw falcon, and i also mucked around with a couple of nissan 200sx's.

I'd also love a valliasnt charger
onlyv8s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #46
XFS86
Starter Motor

Haven't been a ford man for very long, growing up we had chargers etc and then it was onto toyoto's for the old lady when dad was gone, but I was looking for a project and have recently brought a XF S pack, which I plan on making into a nice sleeper!

Mainly had 4x4 toyos, few girly corollas too lol. So the Hilux will stay as the daily, but this one will hopefully one day be the suprise for the other camp.. So I'll be the annoying one asking questions that will come second nature to 90% of you, since your blood is bluer than mine
XFS86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #47
Tray
......Car Crazy......

ive been a ford man since i was like 8yrs old - when i was first fasinated with cars, probably because my dad was a fanatic.
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #48
tick5.0
Want some classic?

Well I'm not so much a Ford man as a car guy. I've had European, Japanese and Ford, Chrysler and Holden, 4's, 6's, 8's and even a rotary. Everything from a stock 1 and 1.2 litre fours, through to a worked 5.8 and blown 5.0.

To me a badge makes no difference, a car just has to have that something about it.
EF II XR8, Supercharged manual *** FOR SALE ***
XC Falcon, waiting for the Clevo & C4 - Sold
AE101 Corolla, the daily - Sold
SII RX-7, original - Sold
BF II GT
Alfa Romeo 156 JTS, the new daily
Z31 300ZX Turbo
tick5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #49
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

As a teenager i remember learning the entire holden history, simply because my father was a holden fan. I had dreams of buying a HQ Panel van with a 350 as my first car. So i started a job at Hungry Jacks, at 14 and 7 months, and saved for my panelvan, with little knowledge of what would transpire at the ripe old age of 16.5. So instead of buying my panelvan, i was talked into buying (by my father) a 1976 Toyota Corolla 1.2 Hardtop (can atribute my being alive to that desicion), 5 more corrollas of varing ages and all more modified than the next transpired. then a GSR mitsubishi (By far the best car ive ever owned) and a Highly modified MK1 VW golf. The Gsr came to a untimely end and i was given a AU ex taxi by the boss. So here we are lots of money and time, and the quickest vehicle i have ever owned has evolved from what was nothing more that a Brisbane Yellow taxi..... Auturbo6
Auturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Our whole family have been Fords.. Even my cousins..
In fact two years ago my 2nd cousin died rally crossing his car..
At the funeral a converted Statesman turned up..
It was near ww3 they made the company GO BACK and bring the Ford as stipulated..
Funny thing he owned a Subaru Wrecking/ Import company in N.Z.. He died when he rolled his WRX... But they loved there Fords to the END !!!
No it wasn't Possum !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #51
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

My blood runs blue, always has and always will. As it is written.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #52
G6E Turbo 2

My mum & Dad had
holden in late 60's early 70's
The LJ Torana they had was a nice thing but Interiors were sparce and leaked water.
I loved to support Fords at Bathurst to go against my old man
and fell in love with the Blue Oval
My first car was a New Datsun 180B, which fell over going around a corner at 17.
My second car was a E49 Spec Charger at 18 years old
My third car a XBGT Coupe at 21 years old
Thats it end of story, FORD from then on and forever more !!!! Ahmen !!!!!!!!!!
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #53
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Grew up with my old man only ever owning Fords, but my love of Fords is surpassed by my love for driving cars and the efforts I go to in earning the money to afford them. While I have a heavy Ford bias, value for my money and being happy with the car I drive is paramount and a change is as good as a holiday..

2/3rds of the cars I've owned have been Ford but since my last BA XR8, I traded it in on an R32 and traded that in on a Clubsport. I nearly got an F6 but insurance was just too pricey and I thought about waiting for the Coyote but the lack of information coming from Ford about it, coupled with being an early adopter... perhaps as my next car if it turns out as good as it seems it will.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #54
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

When I was 4 (ish) dad would point out the ZD Fairlane in the driveway and say one word only... "Ford!".
I am privileged in that I can say it was the first car I drove, at that age .

My 2 year old, knows the badge when he sees it...

"aahh.. yes... Ford... nice..."

Nothing to do with me, of course. He just has good taste.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #55
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

It took me the longest time to realise I was a Ford man. I used to think I was a Holden man. It was not until Peter Brock got out of the Super V8's that I realised I was not a Holden fan, but was in fact a Peter Brock fan. Not to mention Mark Skaife being such a knob did not help with liking Holden. I think that was my awakening to being a Ford man.
Old 28-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #56
Bluefreak

always been a Ford man - I fell in love when the old man brought home the brand new XC Fairmont GXL Coupe in canary yellow...

I'll always be a Ford man, they just don't make anything that suits my needs atm...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #57
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I like Old School muscle cars. Growing up in a Ford family it was naturally assumed that you would purchase a Ford when you got your license, but over the years it has become more about what I need to use the car for.

I wouldnt exactly go driving off road in the XB coupe so therefore bought a Toyota. My preferred "Brand" is Ford but I can appreciate a good looking/running car when I see one, no matter who the maker.
Old 28-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #58
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God, no. I was brought home from the hospital in a HT Kingswood, and at one stage we had two 253 Toranas, a Kingswood and a one tonner (this was the early 90s, when these cars were considered feral). At the same time several of my uncles & cousins had VN-VR Commodores and watching these cars slowly fall to bits convinced me to buy a Falcon as my second car (first car was a farm-spec Hilux). I drive infrequently so hopefully the Falcon will hold up for many years yet, had no problems so far.
Ford_The_Win is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #59
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Growing up in the 90s, Dad had an XE Falcon, then an EA and they where both absolute junkers, Mum got a Festiva in 1999. What made me like Ford was the BA XR6 Falcon when it was released, I love the look of it.

I wasn't really interested in cars up until 2007, where after I got my Ls I fell in love with driving, then cars.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #60
BA Baracus
xls

My grandparents had mostly fords, main one's I remember were the ghia and x-pak cortinas they had when I was in early primary school. my grandfather liked them because he said they put a 6cyl in a 4cyl sized car and was good to have the power to get out of trouble if needed. Although they were becoming fairly popular he wouldn't buy cars like toyotas because of his time in WWII. My parents also had some holdens though and main one I remember was big bright red kingswood wagon tank-like thing. One of the hubcaps used to fly off it and roll away and one of my older brothers would have to jump out and retrieve it. It was bright red and you could probably spot the thing from outer space but Dick Johnson's wife reversed into it.

Since those times I had no great alliance to any car brand but always saw falcon's as kind of classier, more sensible car then commodores out of the large one's. Mate got an EF when I lived with him about 10 years ago and I liked that. His dad also bought a very early mainline ute around that time and that was an insanely nice ride. Other mates here and there had various fords too.

Since then I met my wife about 7 or so years ago and her family are ford people with my father in law having owned quite a few fords and restored a couple. His work cars have been fords too (mostly RTV's) so when I needed a ute I was leaning toward a falcon. I checked out commodores too but falcon killed it in comfort and practicality. Bought mine about two and a half years ago so now I'm on the forum here and liking the fords
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post