Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #31
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANUP
That's a bit odd. I'm not what I'd call 'active' in the auto industry, my XR is my primary transport (30000+kms a year), but it is stored in a locked garage. Did you tell them you were an active member on here and you regularly attend car events?? Might be worth another try.

Cheers
Mate, I literally listed all the V8 rounds I attend (it wasn't enough to say 'Sydney' I had to specify Eastern Creek) And told them about motor shows, and that I'd previously owned a V8 Fairlane weekender. To be honest the guy sounded lik he couldn't be bothered and was pretty rude. A bit of a turn off really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
RACV allow 2 or 3 mods only.
exhaust, stereo and rims and anything after that youll be on your own.
they cant tell you the info you wanted as you probably didnt "apply" as such.
go down there (or ring) and get a quote where they put your info in the computer.
be honest, get the quote and then ask if you can add this and that and they will give you a new figure.

RACV voided insurance on my AU because my 17 inch rims were NOT made by either Ford or Tickford.
so keep that in mind.
Yeah I'm going to go down to the local RACV shop and get a whole new quote, and list the mods Im thinking of (that Im pretty much gonna get at some point if I can)

How long ago did RACV void your insurance because of the wheels? As I said the lady said I wouldnt be reimbursed for [whatever mod] but it wouldnt affect my insurance. Under what circumstance was the insurance voided? (what were you claiming on?)
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #32
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brother works for "At fault claims" for NRMA insurance... What the RACV girl told you is spot on for NRMA in NSW... You can mod your car till the cows come home, unless the car is unroadworthy, it makes no difference, BUT they will not take into account any mods you don't list when you make a claim (i.e if you have a custom paint job that's worth 10 grand and don't tell them about it, if the car is written off, they won't add that to the value of the car, if it is listed, they will)...

The bottom line is, there are 2 things an insurance needs to have:

1. Choice of repairer.
2. Lifetime guarantee on repairs.

If they have those things, go the cheapest, they are all as bad as each other!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #33
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yep, that's exactly what I was told. Theyre fine with mods as long as they are roadworthy (I guess the trick is how harsh the roadworthy rules are)

Any mods I get done to the car will be done at mates rates (parts and labour) so I'm not too interested in being insured for them, I'm just interested in getting (a realistic) agreed value if the car is stolen/written off, instead of having my insurance voided because of an undeclared chrome exhaust tip.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #34
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysxr6
Yup - full comprehensive - she goes missing (bloody hard to do that) or it gets written off I get a nice little cheque in under two weeks. They're not too bad on mods either - I'm going through the process of getting them to add my soon-to-be-attached 2 1/2" full system now - they're only going to add about $20 because it just goes into the next scale of 'things you've done to your car', or something like that.

Yep - just upgraded from the horse and cart last month :

Come down sometime - we'll show you mainlanders how to hillclimb and drive properly!!!
XR6 premiums are roughly 1/2 the equivalent XR8 premium. I was paying around $720 per year with Shannons for my modded AU1 XR8 (until I sold it, that is).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #35
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=The_Fantastic_Ford]Mate, I literally listed all the V8 rounds I attend (it wasn't enough to say 'Sydney' I had to specify Eastern Creek) And told them about motor shows, and that I'd previously owned a V8 Fairlane weekender. To be honest the guy sounded lik he couldn't be bothered and was pretty rude. A bit of a turn off really.

I think I might've spoken to that guy the first time. I was just ringing around for quotes at the time and when I told them that he literally hung up on me. I called back a week later and spoke to someone much more receptive. But I agree... vote with your feet.

Cheers
irdonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #36
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

He caught me off guard when I first rung up, started asking questions I didnt expect and once it became obvious I wasnt 'in' on what was going on the conversation went downhill. I may or may not ring back.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #37
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That was exactly what happened with me. I was just better prepared a week later. Maybe next person you speak to tell them you weren't happy with how you were spoken to if you are keen to get a quote from Shannons and it might work in your favour.

Cheers
irdonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post