Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #31
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Omg wtf been pumped for this game and I have a 360 so I don't know if I can play OS copy?

You know what I like in life.... CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS I'm not 15 ok!

I knew this would happen... :
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #32
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats why the PS3 is better stockel..eh eh... LOL

yeah sucks!!
but aint much we can do about it...
Old 19-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #33
LTDHO
The one and only

Can I get this right?

If I get a copy from UK, it will work on Aussie PS3 an be uncut???
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

i believe so wayne,

i just bought my us version on ebay, claims to work on all ps3's

Quote:
Format: Region Free (100% compatible with all US/Canada PS3 NTSC & UK/Europe/Australia PS3 PAL consoles and must work perfectly on your PS3 console.)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #35
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah pretty sure PS3 doesn't have the gay region code thingy.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #36
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a 360 so I guess I'll have to live with the edited version, if it's just the hookers part removed I guess I could live with that, but if the story line is in anyway modified I'm goin to be ****ed!

The amount of depth and detail that goes into GTA is amazing, I don't want to lose any of it.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #37
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Here's something I've always loved seeing... correlation between Video game releases and violence per capuita in the USA... obviously not a government issued thing, but some smart decided to superimpose games launched over the same time period.

Works for me.

Old 20-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #38
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I believe the classification board are trying to push an R rating through parliament. It's ridiculous that all other forms of similar recreation have an adults only rating but games don't in this day and age.

Now, it takes a pretty screwed up person to take a gun to the streets and shoot indiscriminantly and I think a video game has about as much influence on them to do that as watching Rambo. If you've reached that point mentally then you're going to do it whether you're playing COD4 or Barbies playhouse.

However, TV, video games and the internet are a desensetising influence today. 20 years ago, 2 girls 1 cup would have had me throwing up for hours, today I'd watch it and study the consistency, try and spot a peanut, etc.

I don't know how this will influence society but I doubt it will be a positive influence...
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #39
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

I need some advise which game console is the best to buy for eg
1 x best range of games
2 x suitable for young kids to use (6yr old) and up
3 x will last a while before have to upgrade
please dont turn this into a argument thanks
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #40
Nickxb
XB in progress

Anyone know where i can get a OS copy for a 360?
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #41
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xwildgt it really depends what you want your kids to play and how able you think they are to play the game using the controller provided

alot of younger kids play playstations fine
but the issue with kids using CDs is they generally scratch the hell out of them trying to insert them into the case or console
so may be an idea to get an older PS2 or somthing as the games are alot cheaper and the console isnt as expensive if somthing breaks etc
Old 20-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #42
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
Well Last week my brother got the latest Soldier of Fortune, they never released in Aus because the censors refused to give it a rating.

Awesome game, but the gore is so incredibly life like it is scary. I never have seen a person disembowled before until playing it, nor seen a person with a hole blown throught them with a shotgun until playing that game. Its so graphic I dare say they were right to ban it.

Honestly a 15 year old who spent a week's wages on a game that is so graphic would really affect them to an extent where it becomes the norm ( no longer too much gore ) and then will not play other similar games where the gore isnt as lifelike IMO.

Even story lines can be enough as well, though watching underbelly would see that as a contradiction. Look at ManHunt 2, Being a psychiatrist in a insane asylum and having to fight you way out to stay alive, its no longer just shooting with guns, its putting heads into fuse boxes.

Maybe GTA copped it because of the sales they will have andknowing that a certain % of minors will be playing it. It only takes one to be affected and the news to blame it on computer games to be the cause before anything more violent than PuzzleBobble to be banned. But sure some games do deserve to be banned.
Soldier of Fortune: Payback was released in Australia. I've seen it one the 2 for $50 table at EB. It's meant to be a pretty crappy game though.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #43
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
I need some advise which game console is the best to buy for eg
1 x best range of games
2 x suitable for young kids to use (6yr old) and up
3 x will last a while before have to upgrade
please dont turn this into a argument thanks
The Wii seems to be the platform of choice for small children. Never played or used one but if I had a 6yr old, that's what I would be getting for them.
Old 20-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #44
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
thats why the PS3 is better stockel..eh eh... LOL

yeah sucks!!
but aint much we can do about it...
I haven't played a PS3 yet, playing cod4 at the moment on my new TV, its great! :evil3:
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #45
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i have ordered my copy of gta IV for 360 from gamehubs.com. they are shipping the EU pal version, and it cost me $60 inc postage
Old 21-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #46
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm getting mine from the US. For those that want to do the same, try Amazon.com or Buy.com
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #47
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Its probably not anyone in NZ's fault. I'd assume its Rockstar increasing the market for an edited game. ie if they have to release an edited version, its probably cheaper for them to make twice as many copies and offer it to other countries rather than just make a just a few (relatively) just for Australia. In the grand scheme of things, Australia and NZ don't really take up much of the market when it comes to games and as always, money talks.
Yeah true, you have a very good point there.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #48
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen on a few forums what's missing from GTA IV.

A cut scene with the swear word C... in it (not sure if the scene is missing or just that usage of that word).

And another cut scene where.......ummm (sorry mods im going to try and keep this respectable).......Niko (main character) inserts his gun into an.........orifice.......of one of his male victims and pulls the trigger. Its apparently in retaliation for his friend being forced into sx in prison. Hence the retribution.

Otherwise.........nothing else missing. This is all allegedly but some of these forum guys can be pretty knowledgeable (but some cant too!).

Whilst I dont agree with the censoring - I'll be buying the Aussie version and be playing it while you guys are still waiting for your imports to arrive.......
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #49
Sloth

Yeah that's what I've heard too, and not being able to drive drunk which in past GTA's was kinda annoying anyway.

I've decided I'm not going to bother importing it either. I can't be bothered cancelling, buying again, waiting longer, plus I probably won't be able to get a special edition which I have on order now.
Old 22-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #50
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

GTA IV screenshots found here

http://tinyurl.com/35udvk
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #51
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Heh, ordered mine today.
Now to save up to buy a PS3!!!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #52
AUIII

are there any issues with customs when you import it yourself?.

I remember my dad was importing cigarettes for a ridiculously cheap price and sometimes customs would open the package and he would have to pay a large duty fee which made the exercise pointless.

Is there a chance that customs will confiscate it if they check the box?
Old 22-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #53
scottmeister
see my vest!

bah, GTA is old news nowadays. For your hardcore gamers check out a real mans game, Crysis. You might need a quad core to run it, though :

Pfft, censorship. it has stopped 15year old boys getting the games they want when, exactly? Oh noes, you can virtual drink drive! :

Don't ban games. Ban anti-game groups. Then no-one will complain. :
scottmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #54
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I find it funny that GTA is banned (well, edited), yet you can get scarface:

-Chainsaw action, were you can aim at there head or arms? Check
-The 'f' word? Check (well it is Monatanna!)
-Various dirty conervsations with females ( you make me wet is said)? Check
-blood? Check
-Drug dealling? No brainer

I sppose the saving grace with Scarface is that you cant attack the genral public, only 'enemeys' and the cops.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #55
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Those with both a PS3 and a 360, what platform do you plan to get GTAIV on?

It's looking likely that I'll probably pick up a PS3 on the weekend but I can't find any definitive information on which plays better and I'm not sure how long I'd want to wait until after it's release. If I wait a week, perhaps there will be side by side comparisons. Has anyone seen one yet? I'd have thought that large review sites would have had their hands on a near complete build by now.

I'm siding with 360 since it apparently will have exclusive downloadable content in the future but I'd prefer to go with what gives a better gameplay experience now.
Old 23-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #56
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have both consoles i would go with the 360 due to the extra content.

Because of the deleted content for the australian version i have decided to buy it from play-asia. $70AU delivered is better than paying $115 for an edited Aus version. Anyone know if EB games allows you to cancel pre orders? Not too fussed because i only have $10 deposited.
Old 23-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #57
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

AUII,
i'd imagine even if they did open the box, you would only have to pay GST. i have bought from overseas before and never had it opened.
Old 23-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #58
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII
are there any issues with customs when you import it yourself?.

I remember my dad was importing cigarettes for a ridiculously cheap price and sometimes customs would open the package and he would have to pay a large duty fee which made the exercise pointless.

Is there a chance that customs will confiscate it if they check the box?
I remember hearing stories of people importing DVD's of movies that had been banned in Australia (stuff like Baise Moi, Ken Park etc), and if customs open it for a random check, from memory it just goes in the bin, you don't get an explanation, and you don't get your money back from the sender (amazon or whoever) since customs don't send it back to them. Not sure how true it is, or whether it would apply to a video game as well. Customs checks are pretty random, and not many get opened though, I've quite often bought DVD's from overseas through amazon (not banned ones, just movies, or versions of movies, not for sale in this country mainly due to distributors) and NEVER had a package opened for inspection. You'll know if its been opened, they seal it again with bright yellow "Inspected by Customs" tape.

I have always held the opinion that there should be an R18+ rating for video games. Considering there is such a large percentage of the gaming market who are legally adults, this censorship is ridiculous. My friend was telling me the other day how her nephew's father bought him GTA San Andreas for the PSP. The reason he bought it for him, his 6th (yes, sixth) birthday. This is part of the reason the bloody do-gooders keep getting their way. Apparently the kid's response was "why did you get me an M15 game?", father didn't bother keeping it he let him have it anyway :
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #59
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

apparently the ONLY reason the new censor rating hasnt been made thru recently was due to the leader of the greens ..

he doesnt like it so it wont happen..
but APPARENTLY it has been pushed further past him and results should happen soon hopefully

this is what my dad was telling me
could be right or wrong.. hopefully its true
Old 23-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #60
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I thought it had to be a unanimous decision by all state Attorneys-General?

And the SA A-G is so against it, that we'll never get an R18 while he's in power (or so he said once).
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post