Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #31
TRAU BLAU

Default Re: Daniel Morcombe

It took an Englishwoman(Falconio's girlfriend) to bring about Murdock's conviction & an Englishman to do likewise to Milat.(Paul Onions)who refused the reward.
TRAU BLAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #32
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
About time one of them got it right, kind of. Usually they both fail, miserably. If he ever gets released, wonder how the Judge or Parole Board will feel if there was a slight chance he could be placed living in their street?
Cowan's fate will be like the other grub Barrie Watts.

Both will never see the outside and have to remain in protective isolation for their rest of their lives. I'm told that Watt's colostomy bag gives him a lot of problems, I foresee Cowan requiring a colostomy bag in the near future... Obviously the food in gaol mustn't be much good.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

We're all in consensus for the lack of sentenced time this filthy low life grub got. Non parole period is just that - just means he applies for it, doesn't mean he gets it. I don't think anyone will forget about this mongrels acts in 20 years time. I, alike the most of you had no idea of his previous convictions, part of the fair trial system we have in this country. I have no argument with that - he has a right to a fair and just trial by jury. No doubt the judge and prosecution had knowledge of this scums previous though.

A couple of previous posters noted that Cowan had committed the crime in 2003 and that time attracted different penalty restraints (as I understand it), and that maybe a Daniel law could be enacted. Too late for young Daniel's case but I'm all for it.

The QLD government recently and rapidly introduced tough legislation and penalties regarding biker gangs and affiliations - I think it took all of 3 weeks to shovel it through parliament and enact the new laws. There was and still is legal opposition to these laws.

The above speed of government legislation and the fact that no thinking person would oppose mandatory term of natural life/never to be released sentences for vile scum of the likes of Cowan would be very befitting of a Daniel's law. Well worth taxpayer money to have them off the street for good.

Different case, different state - it's likely that the innocent Jill Meagher (VIC) would still be alive if parole boards and government had the ******* balls to act hard on repeat offenders.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #34
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER View Post
And when you want to be a gangster in a gangters world, talking to the head of the gangsters, what would you do to become one??

Tell them that you are a child killer to give you some street cred...............

It would have been better if the coppers had got the confession in another way and not by trickery.

Just my 5 cents worth

the confession, even though it was obtained by trickery , was not what convinced my he is Guilty !

The part about him leading the coppers to the site where he disposed of that Child , and the coppers found what they did ....... Is what led me to believe he is guilty!

talk about tricks and false confessions all you want ! There is no getting past the fact that sick #*@% knew exactly where Daniel was .

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

This is the problem 20 years time, the parole board will see him as a harmless old man. 20 years is a long time and his crime won't have as much hatred as it dose now. As their will be others between now and then. They say time is a healer, well it's also a forgetter, if that's even a word.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #36
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER View Post
And when you want to be a gangster in a gangters world, talking to the head of the gangsters, what would you do to become one??

Tell them that you are a child killer to give you some street cred...............

It would have been better if the coppers had got the confession in another way and not by trickery.

Just my 5 cents worth
I highly doubt raping and killing a child would get you too much street cred with gangsters.
Old 14-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #37
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Whats the bet the perp will be put into max security cell with all the 'luxuries' away from other inmates?
Id say he wont last his full sentence, those types don't last long no matter where they put them.

unbelievable how strong the morcombe's were and are.hope they can find some peace now.
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Shockingly he was released on parole years ago for molesting and nearly killed a 6 year old, and the judge at the time only gave him something like 2 years jail because "he had good prospects of rehabilitation". FFS.

From all reports he had been doing these sorts of things since he was 9, when he used to force other little kids into the changerooms at his local pool and sexually assault them. He is truly a ****** up piece of **** with a long history of doing this sort of stuff. Hopefully he ends up like Julian Knight and never gets released.
I wonder if the Morcombe's can sue the parole board that let him out. There are some crimes (and sexual abuse of a child by an adult, and murder are 2 that I can think of) should be no parole ever. And jail these days tends to be better than a 3 star motel - it should be worse than a 1 star cockroach infested motel, but somehow bad/evil people still have rights?! I don't get it at all.....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #39
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man View Post
the confession, even though it was obtained by trickery , was not what convinced my he is Guilty !

The part about him leading the coppers to the site where he disposed of that Child , and the coppers found what they did ....... Is what led me to believe he is guilty!

talk about tricks and false confessions all you want ! There is no getting past the fact that sick #*@% knew exactly where Daniel was .

I am not trying to paint a fluffy picture here and I do hope Cowan spends the rest of his natural life in jail, but below are facts from the trial:

Cowan said in his testimony that he did not have time to molest the boy.

Until Cowan's admission, paedofile, Douglas Jackway was under suspicion by the police.

Cowan has had previous dealings with Jackway.

Cowan was offered "millions" by the undercover gangsters, Barrister Angus Edwards said in closing statements.

"Do you think you could make up a convincing lie for millions of dollars?" he asked jurors, adding: "They are powerful inducements for a man like Cowan. Had no money, no place to live."

I just hope that justice has been served up the correct way and the 20 year sentence is increased..................

Last edited by 05_ENFORCER; 14-03-2014 at 10:02 PM.
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #40
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bring back mental institutions. Nutters need to be taken off to "hospital" long before they get to this stage of offending.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #41
HQ2VY

It's a bloody shame this oxygen thief, poor excuse for a human being is still afforded protection in jail!!

Hopefully he will get what is coming to him and gets to suffer every single day!!

I hope this low life piece of XXXX burns in hell...
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #42
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...iller/2199813/
The 20 year sentence is going to be reviewed............
3 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #43
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Good to see that Bleijie can do something about this animals sentence. I mean he can give a bikie 25 years for a fight, surely he can give a repeated sex offender more.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #44
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Good to see that Bleijie can do something about this animals sentence. I mean he can give a bikie 25 years for a fight, surely he can give a repeated sex offender more.

How can that be ? I personally dont like or condone criminal Gangs ( not just bikies ) But how the hell can a couple of blokes getting together in a pub , not causeing any type of trouble , be arrested and face years in jail , and a serial rapist murderer peddo only get 20 years after being let out twice before ????

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #45
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man View Post
How can that be ? I personally dont like or condone criminal Gangs ( not just bikies ) But how the hell can a couple of blokes getting together in a pub , not causeing any type of trouble , be arrested and face years in jail , and a serial rapist murderer peddo only get 20 years after being let out twice before ????
Don't know mate, all I know it's wrong. And in the scale of things, I know which one I'd could stand to be in the same room with. ******* Paedophiles are the lowest form of human life, and don't deserve any rights.
Old 16-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #46
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And there is still one person worse than this murdering piece of scum, and that's the lawyer who tried to convince the jury he didn't do it.
Makes my skin crawl.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #47
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Is anyone else watching this 60 minutes report? it is making my blood boil to the point that i nearly need to turn it off.

What gets me is the amount of "Cowans" that are in society free to roam right now. Police had 8 suspects with very colorful history in the area he went missing, how many are abusing right now?

I wont go into detail but having some experience second hand through this kind of thing, i believe only one in 10 abused children would speak out, if that. There is a case i was closely following in 2012 of a man that was convicted for abusing 28 children and only got 15 years.

This is a huge problem and i struggle to think what i would do to an abuser if my child was abused. I actually feel sick thinking about all this stuff again, what drives people to do this!
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #48
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They definitely need to massively increase the sentences of repeat offenders.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #49
RacingRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Is anyone else watching this 60 minutes report? it is making my blood boil to the point that i nearly need to turn it off.

What gets me is the amount of "Cowans" that are in society free to roam right now. Police had 8 suspects with very colorful history in the area he went missing, how many are abusing right now?

I wont go into detail but having some experience second hand through this kind of thing, i believe only one in 10 abused children would speak out, if that. There is a case i was closely following in 2012 of a man that was convicted for abusing 28 children and only got 15 years.

This is a huge problem and i struggle to think what i would do to an abuser if my child was abused. I actually feel sick thinking about all this stuff again, what drives people to do this!
Yeah i watched it, made me feel sick in the bottom of my stomach,
If you feel strongly about a national public sex offender register get over to Darren Hinch's web site and sign his petition about this exact thing,
I don't always agree with darren but im 100% behind him on this issue,
RacingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #50
4stanger