Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #31
bungarra

Default Re: Australian flag displaced by the UN flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
In other news that is not racist at all.. Have any of you guys ever seen top secret Jewish aircraft before?

Can't see a Star of David on it, how do you know iti is Jewish? If it is because it was seen over the middle east, could easily have been built in the Egyptian or Iranian MiG factories as Israel buys planes in.

Looks more like the renderings of the Aurora Hypersonic Capable Aircraft.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally im not such a an avid believer in the UN, and i most assuredly would not be pulling our national flag down to put up the Un flag.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #33
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Its missing the yellow, white, green, red & blue flashing lights lights plus in the daylight, close up its hard to see its actual shape / form...

Late Eightys, broad daylight over Sydney & surrounding suburbs around 4.30pm flew menacingly slow & silently from Manly direction towards Warragamba dam direction.

Believe it or not....True story

cheers, Maka
No I definitely believe you Maka we saw two of the bloody things back in June 2002, at around 10pm we were driving home and they were over our estate less than 100m above us... the lights on the tips were red, then they went over to the paddock sat above it, and starting rotating on their own axis almost showing off or perhaps engaging some bizarre light speed manovuer lol, it looked really weird and got a little scary, completely weightless and silent they were moving much like a puck does on an air hockey table.. the lights went green the moment they stopped over the paddock and starting rotating, then they went blue :S and we tried to follow them as they were heading over Hailbury college towards Beaconsfield then we lost sight of them, the paddock is now Bryn Mawr estate few people were out their homes pointing at them around 14 people probably saw them in total, makes you wonder what the hell they are (they call them TR-3B on the internet), also makes you wonder about the billions invested into F-35's the last few decades The fact they exist is contradicting my world the more I think about it
Old 23-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

There may be a few people on here who think that UFO's And our flag go together.

I'm not one of them..........back on topic please
Old 23-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #35
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am certain this will have a significant impact on my life

Last edited by GasoLane; 23-10-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: My eyes started hurting.
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #36
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I think its fair to say the UN deserve a day of celebration for their services. What's all the fuss about?

cheers, Maka
UN deserves a celebration, for what?
Most dysfunctional indecisive organization in the world that sits back & allows people to be murdered, no better than the league of nations it replaced.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
i am certain this will have a significant impact on my life

Wear UN flags instead of Australian ones on Australia day
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #38
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Most dysfunctional indecisive organization in the world that sits back & allows people to be murdered, no better than the league of nations it replaced.
Tell that to the families of the 3277 UN peace keepers that have died in the line of duty. across the world and from many countries. Including 10 Australians and 5 New Zealanders.

International peacekeeping must be a treacherously tricky forum to navigate with international law risk and opportunity to negotiate. Thankfully, at least somebody is doing it mostly unilaterally and without bias.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #39
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can we please have the UN flag on the Aus flag instead of the Union jack?
Would be an improvement.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #40
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
The UN's humanitarian efforts are just as important as their peacekeeping role ie unicef.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #41
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Tell that to the families of the 3277 UN peace keepers that have died in the line of duty. across the world and from many countries. Including 10 Australians and 5 New Zealanders.

International peacekeeping must be a treacherously tricky forum to navigate with international law risk and opportunity to negotiate. Thankfully, at least somebody is doing it mostly unilaterally and without bias.

JP
I would & they would agree, ask any soldier who has served in any UN roles, they would tell you the frustrations they faced in doing the given tasks.
Old 24-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #42
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would & they would agree, ask any soldier who has served in any UN roles, they would tell you the frustrations they faced in doing the given tasks.
Ask any soldier, humanitarian or peacekeeper who sits waiting for diplomatic clearance to do their job. I am sure they are also frustrated. How long did our jet fighters and crews wait for approvals and legal proceedings before bombing isis et al.
There are bigger issues at play always than the proletariat will ever know and I for one am glad there is a unilateral force whose goal is maintaining international peace and security, promoting human rights, fostering social and economic development, protecting the environment, and providing humanitarian aid in cases of famine, natural disaster, and armed conflict.
I acknowledge the criticism on the UN and as with any organisation, movement or institute it's not perfect is open to factional distortion but it's goals are sound.
And Im yet to hear an alternate which does and could provide the unilateral support to replace the UN

JP
Old 24-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #43
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

IMO, the UN needs Austrlaia more than Australia needs it, but politicians from both sides pander to the UN, seeing appointment to the UN as their next meal ticket. All it would take is for Australia or another sizeable country to pull up stumps and the UN gravy train would be in crisis.

I have a suspicion the flag displacement agreement from 2011, has Kevin Rudd's dirty finger prints all over it, he is/was hell bent on big noting himself on the world stage and would do anything. He still thinks he will be UN Secretary General.

Selling out our flag, I wouldn't put it passed Kevin.

I'm awaiting confirmation as to who agreed to what.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #44
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UN are toothless tiger/gravy train for washed up pollies. We're better off dealing direct with the superpowers and let the UN do there own thing like trying to steal land through Agenda 21 etc.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #45
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

I have a suspicion the flag displacement agreement from 2011,
Explore Hansard fella.

JP
Old 24-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #46
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Can we please have the UN flag on the Aus flag instead of the Union jack?
Would be an improvement.
I don't mind the union jack on the flag, part of our history & heritage & nothing to be ashamed of, perhaps the flag will be updated more appropriately one day but certainly not with the UN symbol.
5 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #47
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
this is all a bit like Hulks Friday thread isn't it.

A statement is made and all jump on board to slay or obey...Like it!
This all reminds me about the gay marriage debate.
A large percentage 'Straight' people make a mess and mockery of the institution of marriage yet want to deny another 'group' else from also doing so, are they protecting marriage which they have no respect or just pushing their bias bigoted views and using marriage as a vehicle for hate.

Just like the Flag, the nationalistic fervour and views of a rising visible minority are embodied in a printed fabric symbol. The Flag is a symbol of our country, its use is synonymous with pride, respect and authority, Making is subservient to a higher order for a day is a mark of respect for that other order, its symbolic position suggests importance of the UN and raises awareness, spreads knowledge and elicits tradition. A positive outcome for a good cause I would say.
Does, has, would the Original Poster raise this topic when news arises of the Flag being used in the way the artist 360 describes in the Q and A panel. I doubt it because like preventing Gay marriage it fits with their choice or belief in world order and their way of life.
I say make our flag subservient to the UN flag for a day as a symbol of support for the many men and women of the UN who do their bit, put their lines on the line and work tirelessly to make this a better world for all!

Justin
What does deviancy have to do with a flag issue?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #48
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
And I think he was correct. Racists often justify their behaviour by claiming to merely be patriotic.
Personally I find flags divisive and wish the world was one but diverse.
Sorry xxx000. I cannot agree with you on this one. I like the fact that I am Australian and not any other nationality. I like the fact that we can wave our flag freely despite the best efforts of those minorities who hate Australia. I like the fact that as an Australian, I have a completely different set of priorities and values to other nations. I have no wish to belong to a one world order where I must tolerate things that I desperately despise, such as the hypocritical totalitarian demands from those who scream for tolerance...

And I like our flag...
Old 24-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #49
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you just proved the first part of the last sentence of my post correct
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #50
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
you just proved the first part of the last sentence of my post correct
There is as yet, no crime in having a different opinion. If that is, to use a fashionable 21st century word, 'divisive' so be it... I am glad that I am not the same as others...

I think the term 'divisive' has been turned into an accusatory weapon against those who refuse to fall into line with standards that are unacceptable...
Old 24-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #51
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
IMO, the UN needs Austrlaia more than Australia needs it, but politicians from both sides pander to the UN, seeing appointment to the UN as their next meal ticket. All it would take is for Australia or another sizeable country to pull up stumps and the UN gravy train would be in crisis.

I have a suspicion the flag displacement agreement from 2011, has Kevin Rudd's dirty finger prints all over it, he is/was hell bent on big noting himself on the world stage and would do anything. He still thinks he will be UN Secretary General.

Selling out our flag, I wouldn't put it passed Kevin.

Fancy that. And I suppose Ebola is the fault of the Labour Party as well ? Keep on listening to Alan and Andrew......
Old 24-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #52
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Out of all things that concern Australian's, I think this barely rates.

Those who drape themselves in the Aussie flag while doing stupid things and to justify their ignorant and intolerant beliefs are way down on the order too.

The are many more people who would fly the same flag who don't share those views.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #53
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Fancy that. And I suppose Ebola is the fault of the Labour Party as well ? Keep on listening to Alan and Andrew......
Why do you say that, have the ALP been to West Africa?
Old 24-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #54
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Here are a couple of links, off you go, where all good Trolls go..............
http://www.2gb.com/shows/alan-jones-breakfast-show
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt
Old 25-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #55
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Here are a couple of links, off you go, where all good Trolls go..............
http://www.2gb.com/shows/alan-jones-breakfast-show
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt
I'm trying to work you out, but it is very difficult

1) do you have a problem with Alan Jones and or Andrew Bolt, if you do then carefully articulate your issue and take it up with the appropriate regulatory authorities

2) do you have a problem with people listening to Alan Jones and or Andrew Bolt, in which case there are probably many thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of people that fall into that category, form a #tag on twitter and vent. Alternatively banging on pots and pans or holding your breath or banging pots and pans whilst holding your breath, may be options for you to consider

3) you don't like opinions which somehow don't suit your frame of reference and you feel compelled to call out "troll", put up with it, or take your concerns up with management, if there is something inappropriate then management can sort your problems out for you.

Oh btw, there is a certain irony in being accused of being a troll in your posts, it is probably lost on you.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #56
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
You probably watch too much ABC
Old 25-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #57
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

do you mean "Labor" party? or a party for labourers?
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #58
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Out of all things that concern Australian's, I think this barely rates.

Those who drape themselves in the Aussie flag while doing stupid things and to justify their ignorant and intolerant beliefs are way down on the order too.

The are many more people who would fly the same flag who don't share those views.
doing stupid things, ignorance and intolerance comes to mind when i think of a certain religion, so i guess no-one will ever be perfect in your world.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #59
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
I'm trying to work you out, but it is very difficult

1) do you have a problem with Alan Jones and or Andrew Bolt, if you do then carefully articulate your issue and take it up with the appropriate regulatory authorities

2) do you have a problem with people listening to Alan Jones and or Andrew Bolt, in which case there are probably many thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of people that fall into that category, form a #tag on twitter and vent. Alternatively banging on pots and pans or holding your breath or banging pots and pans whilst holding your breath, may be options for you to consider

3) you don't like opinions which somehow don't suit your frame of reference and you feel compelled to call out "troll", put up with it, or take your concerns up with management, if there is something inappropriate then management can sort your problems out for you.

Oh btw, there is a certain irony in being accused of being a troll in your posts, it is probably lost on you.
Believe me, nothing is lost on me with you......
Old 25-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #60
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt is a bit like A Current Affair and Today Tonight, you lose an IQ point for every minute spent listening or watching :-)
6 users like this post: