Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
nstg8a

Default Re: HELP bogged central coast nsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
Thanks Chris!
It was only when i walked into the bog i realised what exactly it was made of. Step in..sink down up to my knees. Great! Makes me wonder how it went through without wheelspin the other way.

Will be changing all the oils ASAP.

Cheers!
you probably fluked it the first time and drove across the tops of the ruts. going by how deep it is at the back corner of your ute i dare you would have just bellied it if you had got right into the ruts.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #32
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
you probably fluked it the first time and drove across the tops of the ruts. going by how deep it is at the back corner of your ute i dare you would have just bellied it if you had got right into the ruts.
Right hand wheels went into the rut actually. There was no way id straddle the tops. I was aiming for that but you just slide off them.

Definitley fluked it though. No idea how it didnt sink!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #33
BHDOGS
Banned

All I could picture was flappist puttin on his ford mods hat storming out of the house and into action yelling ford forums to the rescue!
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #34
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Geez that sucks, but dont give up on 4x4 just yet. A winch could have got you out pretty quickly and with companies like tigerz11 and ironman you can get one for $600. Also some mud terrains will be a good buy for those sort of tracks.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate your a turkey

I mean WTF you go out with no gear, not even so much as another car

then try to get the Police to get you out i mean WTF I havent seen any ware on their cars goose in a 1/2 arsed 4WD recovery service

take some of the advice abve get the gear and go out with others and learn to drive, other wise stay home

theres plenty of 4WD clubs, perhaps joine one of them

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #36
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

You can get electric recovery winches for about $200, for a cheapie. Just keep your eye on spare parts catelogues.

Fair enough you don't do much 4WDing, but first use, it's paid for itself. Even if it's used for someone else.

Glad you made it out safe and sound, and yes it's good fun going out by yourself exploring.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
mate your a turkey

then try to get the Police to get you out i mean WTF I havent seen any ware on their cars goose in a 1/2 arsed 4WD recovery service

take some of the advice abve get the gear and go out with others and learn to drive, other wise stay home

Settle down. Mistakes where made. I dont have any mates with 4wds and Ive just gotten married so we've moved places aswel. I wont be using my 4wd with that club either anymore so in the mean time I'll hit it alone until I find a new one suited to us.
Anyway crap happens. Its all apart of the fun. Its not as if he was in the middle of Aus either.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #38
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
mate your a turkey

There's no need to get emotional about it!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #39
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dude that track looks like some fun!! can i come visit??

XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #40
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Need something like this, u will never get stuck lol
Or wet :-P
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11358488
Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry but perhaps being part of a volanteer derive that's been called upon by morons who A cant drive and B aren't equipped sort of gets on my goat when I see one saying there not getting any help form the police etc

I stand by my your a turkey quote

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Hi, i had gear thanks. Just not the bit that woulda got me out.

Learn to drive. I wasnt expecting help from the cops anyway, just enquired about it. I wouldnt call SES. If all esle failed, call for pickup, ditch the truck and get it later once i find somebody who can.
Eh. Whatever you say sir dont feel like arguing points to no gains.

Good ol AFF...always one!

Stalker, that track wasnt special, just that one bog. There is a trip there next sunday if you are interested. And yes people, there will be a few trucks attending.

Rancid, i cant fit muddies without a lift, so i went for top of the range all terrains. Wouldnt be a point gettin muddies when i spend most of my time on the blacktop.

Svo, Thanks.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #43
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad luck.....happens to all of us....been bogged a few times myself.....not always a mate around to tug us out but that's the fun of four wheel drives

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #44
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Sorry but perhaps being part of a volanteer derive that's been called upon by morons who A cant drive and B aren't equipped sort of gets on my goat when I see one saying there not getting any help form the police etc

I stand by my your a turkey quote
I still think your being pretty strong about it. Still calling him or people in his situation morons isnt really just.

When he mentioned the cops not helping him thing, I didnt see it as a moan, more a fact stated saying this option has been explored. Not everyone would know that cops wouldnt assist in these situations. That being said, I could be wrong, and perhaps he was having rant though I doubt it.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

getting stuck happens to everyone that heads out sooner or later, and you wont always have the gear required to get out. think ya need to settle down a little end of the day you help who you can no matter what as you would want the same in return.

(seen a CFS truck stuck one day imagine if i turned around and told him to learn to drive, and needed proper equipment)
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #46
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Don't join clubs myself, can't tolerate the 'dumb' factor, nor can wife (See the various 4WD shows on FTA channels), but for mum n pops and those not so driving inclined,- but who wish to learn and have mob piece of mind - go for it!

Am prepared, and if on a single vehicle drive through those Watagans (it has a through route to get to Cessnock from Morriset etc and so on, and back down to Kulnura then into St Albans=Sydney), I can either help the odd person out, as I do. If on very rare occasion I get myself stuck, I can get even better vehicle equipped family up here:-) (New Toyota cab chassis, diff lock, winch, all bits n bar and authorised hunting stowage). Long haul journey - another matter = preparation and min 2 vehicles.

Atm have an all wheel drive Captiva - I am looking forward to destroying it up there some day, not as an insurance thing, but I hate the car.

Tend to avoid the area a day or so after heavy rain, and I remind ALL NSW State Forrest roads are 60km/h.

Interceptor - Comms; you have UHF - 80channel? What channels had you tried? The repeaters? How about HF 27Mhz? Setting up my UHF with 12dbi aerial, and HF base shortly. CB's great for car to car stuff, your fortunate use of available internet coverage is a more effetive way of seeking initial help!

Grab the gear suggested.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 01-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #47
Jedc
02Thief

You live and learn though mate, at least you got out.

On the other hand, here in WA, the boys in blue wont help us out if were in that situation, however would we do it for them????

Guess a couple would......

2002 BA XR6T-
422RWHP
Jedc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #48
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedc
You live and learn though mate, at least you got out.

On the other hand, here in WA, the boys in blue wont help us out if were in that situation, however would we do it for them????

Guess a couple would......
HA! Thats no good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Don't join clubs myself, can't tolerate the 'dumb' factor, nor can wife (See the various 4WD shows on FTA channels), but for mum n pops and those not so driving inclined,- but who wish to learn and have mob piece of mind - go for it!

Am prepared, and if on a single vehicle drive through those Watagans (it has a through route to get to Cessnock from Morriset etc and so on, and back down to Kulnura then into St Albans=Sydney), I can either help the odd person out, as I do. If on very rare occasion I get myself stuck, I can get even better vehicle equipped family up here:-) (New Toyota cab chassis, diff lock, winch, all bits n bar and authorised hunting stowage). Long haul journey - another matter = preparation and min 2 vehicles.

Atm have an all wheel drive Captiva - I am looking forward to destroying it up there some day, not as an insurance thing, but I hate the car.

Tend to avoid the area a day or so after heavy rain, and I remind ALL NSW State Forrest roads are 60km/h.

Interceptor - Comms; you have UHF - 80channel? What channels had you tried? The repeaters? How about HF 27Mhz? Setting up my UHF with 12dbi aerial, and HF base shortly. CB's great for car to car stuff, your fortunate use of available internet coverage is a more effetive way of seeking initial help!

Grab the gear suggested.
Haha..Just take the Captiva down the track i went down

Yup UHF was the first thing i tried. Only a 40ch one hooked up to a 6dbi. All repeaters except 5 and 35. Then all the other channels. Was frustrating the amount of pillocks there are on the airwaves. There were a couple of people that would have come helped but where too far away. One guy did hear me and came out but he came too late (after i was free'd).

Reception wasnt fantastic, internet was slow as but it worked! There was no better way of seeking help at that stage.

Subaru Outback '02

Last edited by TheInterceptor; 01-04-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #49
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Great that all turned out well ..... and while its good to take advice, there will be some that always look for fault if you get stuck. Take it in your stride

Have been involved in 4x4's since I could reach the peddle. That's how I learnt to drive in a FJ45 and been around Aust a few times. Been involved in a lot of clubs and my dad started one of the largest in Victoria many years ago ...... left because of it got too big and full of twits as many clubs do.

Have been in the same situation and its great in the 4x4 community that help is available no matter what silly situation we get ourselves into. Go down a track and after a while its a case of ..... "WTF am I doing here!"

Mate ...... you aren't no Turkey Always be those who think they are better. Seen them at too many clubs and that why I haven't been in one for many years. Yes by all means take the lesson and prepare yourself as much as you can ..... best to go in pairs but even then ..... having 2 trucks bogged on a Sunday night on the bottom of a hill up to your eye balls with the winch car having a broken cable AND no phone reception 4 hours from home does happen. Thank god someone just happened to turn up ....... this times another 50 stories and yes ..... some are way more embarrassing.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #50
aussie_rabbit

Tirfor winch, snatch block, tree protector and extra cable all fits in a canvas bag, "don't leave home without it." dragged the Landie out of a few puddles once or twice.
aussie_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Auslandau, thanks! Dont really care what people call me, people stress too much cheers
The 4x4 community is fantastic, had 3 guys contact me and there were few others that would have helped but were many hundreds of kms away so no can do. One guy in qld saw my help message on the 4wd forum, rang a guy on the same forum on the coast who then rang me then came out.

Your story sounds like a nightmare!

Rabbit, i might go the elec winch instead of a Tirfor since i have the provision for it Just not the funds...but ill be taking it easy since ill be doing more touring come 2013 so dont want to break more things and i wish to keep my budget! (and if i must, check water bodies by walking into it so i know what exactly its like)

Subaru Outback '02