Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #31
boogernissan
feza

tell the guy if he continues to steal off you ,you will call the cops and press charges,if that dont work HIT HIM
boogernissan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #32
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonpanelvan
He came around today and said he "accidentely" grabbed that stuff because he thought it was his, and for some reason i kind of dont belive him since he took the ipod form my brotheres draw and he has white no brand sunnies not black arnettes
I think the guy just steals stuff cause he can, probably has ebay account he flogs the stuff on or his room would be well stocked with stuff.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #33
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

I understand that there could actually be genuine cases of this - similar to other so called "diseases" (ADHD for starters)... But theres quite a number of people that conveniently claim it as a disease when they get caught red handed doing the wrong thing - stealing to kleptomania - raping to ADHD (thanks Willie)...

Simple thing to do is, not let him in the house... Me, I'd go with the size 12 steel cap in the ring hole and he would definately think twice about knocking my stuff off, but hey, thats just me....
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #34
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Wait on a minute.

Who said he is a Kleptomaniac? Has he been diagnosed? Or are we all just jumping to conclusions?

The much more likely answer is that he is nothing more than a petty thief.

In which case... put the fear of god into him, get your stuff back, and keep him the f%@$ out of your house. Simple.

Christ... if we branded everyone who nicked stuff a klepto then we'd never have anyone caught for burglary.

Klepto = Medical Condition. Until he is diagnosed he is still a just a common theif and should be treated as such.

/end rant.

If you seriously reckon this guy has a disorder then maybe try getting him some help.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #35
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Just the sight of that picture makes me horny.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #36
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

I think the guy who started this thread mentioned him to be a klepto - but doesn't it take heaps of tests to actually diagnose these "diseases"??

And as for the handcuffs - who's the "klepto" who knocked them off out of my missus' draw?? C'mon - own up...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #37
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Exactly, some people out there say we should feel sorry for these people because of their "illness". Why should the victim, someone who has done nothing wrong, have to cut the perpetrator slack? You let someone into your home, you expect they won't screw you over. If they do, your trust is betrayed and you want them punished. Sure, maybe they shouldn't cop the full force of the law, but they shouldn't get let off completely either.
Well in that case, I'm owed about 20 billion dollars in compensation for being beaten, receiving death threats and having a knife held above my head on several occasions.

Some people you cannot get through to. It's about management. Punishment does not solve things.

Management may be that he cannot ever come over to your place again.

Violence solves nothing. It causes more problems then you can ever imagine.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #38
5L
[ 5L ]

why dont you just claim you are a klepto and take the money. does this mean bank robbers can plead they are a klepto in court and the judge lets them go and says "now can you please try not to do it again".

same with a.d.d. i personally do not believe in it, ive got mates that say they have it and they seem fine when they dont take there medication. i think it has to do with the up bringing of people these days and the fact that parents dont discipline there kids.
i remember when i was about 15 i stole a pocket knife from k-mart and got caught because my mate cut his hand with it and left a blood trail. my old man gave me an absolute flogging, do i steal now no, problem solved. i know people whos parents didnt believe in disciplining there children and put it down to a "phase" these same people turned from being little pricks to big pricks with no regard for the law.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #39
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky
Klepto = Medical Condition. Until he is diagnosed he is still a just a common theif and should be treated as such.
A Kelpto should also be treated as a common thief.....
Treat/charge the person as any common thief would, THEN administer "help." Don't circumnavigate the punishment that every tom dick and harry would face if they don't have a piece of paper signed by a quack.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #40
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Who spends $400 on a pair of sunglasses anyway?
Old 16-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #41
coonpanelvan
Starter Motor

the guy who's been doing it isnt right in the head, when he used to come over he would make up a different story of where he was working etc every day and it would always be different, oh and aswell they were prescription sunglasses thats why they cost $400 for who ever asked before.
coonpanelvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #42
xf pano

I vote for a severe beating and never letting him near your house again. Should teach the little ****. Alternativley you could let him in again and try n catch him in the act then beat him serverly, that would teach him even better.
xf pano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #43
pta78
Starter Motor

He is probably doing it because he has the oportunity to take what he wants because no one is around to see him. What is he doing in your brother's room going through his drawers with no one around. If he is visiting he should be in the family room only. He should not be given the chance to go where he wants in the house. He must think you are stupid an don't know your stuff is missing.
pta78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #44
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Slam his hands between your cardoor a few times mate, that'll sort his "ilness" out.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #45
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonpanelvan
the guy who's been doing it isnt right in the head, when he used to come over he would make up a different story of where he was working etc every day and it would always be different, oh and aswell they were prescription sunglasses thats why they cost $400 for who ever asked before.
So he couldn't even wear the things?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post