Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Will Performance Mods go with Folden Closure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
.....NOTHING ENDURING.
What endures is their legacy, they act as inspiration for others to go remake common Falcon into GT copies,
that my friend is the future - how many XR6s are sitting there begging to be remade into something better,
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #32
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
What endures is their legacy, they act as inspiration for others to go remake common Falcon into GT copies,
that my friend is the future - how many XR6s are sitting there begging to be remade into something better,
We're dying out though, that's a v small market IMO sadly......that truly is a cottage industry then

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I'm not talking about the bits you can buy and bolt on (online or not) I'm referring to the loss of OUR 2 sedans and the 'cottage manufacturing' industry behind those ENDURING cars.
We will limited to whims of marketers of that which just happens to be fashionable at the time to plug a niche.....NOTHING ENDURING.
It's about the workshops behind the shops.
Assuming you are talking about Herrod Motorsport, BPR, Yella Terra etc?

Some of them have been doing stuff to Territory Diesel/XR5 Focus/ST Fiesta/ST Focus etc so they will just move onto other cars.

Plus its not like when 2016 comes that Falcon and Commodore completely disappear off the face of the earth, there will still be people with them wanting work done and development will continue into the future.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Will Performance Mods go with Folden Closure? No, it will get bigger as enthusiasts will again capitalise on the situation rebuilding more newly found wrecks trying to cash in on a end of a era & "collecters status" etc.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 29-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #35
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Modern cars have horrendously tight packaging and associated tech. with ever shorter model runs....interesting times....

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 29-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Modern cars have horrendously tight packaging and associated tech. with ever shorter model runs....interesting times....
There is always a way to do something, just means more has to come off, a friend of mine can do a Focus alternator in under 20 minutes.

Its all in the little tricks you pick up through experience.

I've got a modified Focus:

- Bigger front mount IC - Airtec Gen3
- Eibach Pro-kit 30mm lower springs
- Bilstein B8 shortened shocks all around
- Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar
- OEM Focus HID headlights retrofitted

If I was keeping the car for longer than I plan to I was going to get a turbo back exhaust and a tune but I'm coming close to the time where I'm going to get rid of it.

There are people out there who modify cars other than Falcon/Commodore lol.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-12-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #37
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Accelerating change in motive forces (can't REALY call them all engines) transmissions, fuels not to mention the undeclared 'niche wars' going on between the old enemy S Korea and Japan, already makes yr head spin....tough to keep up already....

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 29-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
There are people out there who modify cars other than Falcon/Commodore lol.
Yep..just have a look at what some of the tuners do to Euro/Jap cars in Motor mags Tuner Competition.
Some insane mods being made to 911s and GTRs all the way down to Golfs and smaller. These things can go around a circuit like nothing else.
The Folden mod scene has been around for a while but I think the tuner organisations have seen the writing on the wall long time a go and spread their reach to other makes to ensure they can accomodate anyone.
Old 29-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tee View Post
if the Camaro comes here,? the VF GTS is already half way there with the Camaro rear axle cradle and diff assembly fitted by HSV, the Americans told HSV the diff would not handle the the LSA engine, but the Aussies have led the way again and built a cooling system that makes it possible, !! with this technology we could have the Best Camaro's available,, anywhere, lol
Correct me if I am wrong but i'm positive the Camaro ZL1 with the LSA already has the diff and gearbox coolers etc, HSV just took them and fitted them to the GTS.

GM have previously not been able to get a business case for Camaro to be built in RHD cause the numbers are too small. Can't really see that changing.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post