Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #31
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The New Conformity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Tattoo culture has changed big time thesedays. Obviously xxx000 you have no idea why people actually get tattoo's. Its no longer a criminal thing. Sure there are those who get them to look tough or because they're drunk, but to use a similar term in these situations, they're the 1%. Most tattoos people get have some meaning to them, remembrance, spiritual, family, etc. to say that all people who get tattoos are trying to be someone else is ridiculous. To take something from the article, if someone gets a tattoo of their kid on them or their birth date or something, how is that them trying to change who they are? Is that not embracing who they are?

Tattoos are an artfom that can be placed on someones skin, leaving a mark forever.

They way you're looking at it is no different than saying every car enthusiast is a hoon.
That's nice but the only way they get to see many of these pieces of 'art' is by looking at themselves in the mirror. Why inflict their art on us?
So much trying to be 'different' but in reality all looking very similar.
but back on track how do we turn this 'me' culture into real community?
Old 09-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #32
strobe

I've got a tat. It holds special meaning to me...that being that even I am capable of stupid decisions. You can have it if you want.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #33
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
That's nice but the only way they get to see many of these pieces of 'art' is by looking at themselves in the mirror. Why inflict their art on us?
So you're saying man should not be proud of what they believe in or like. No one forces you to look at tattoos. 'Inflicting' is a narrow minded way of looking at it as well. Why do you inflict your car upon others by making them look at it by driving it? Not having a dig at your car here. But hows that any different? Not all people like Falcons and/or mods/etc. Considering the billions of people on earth there can never be true difference, everything becomes part of a culture. Most tattoo'd people thesedays are normal, functioning members of society. Most tatts are hiden by a T-shirt, the larger/more extreme body covering tattoo's are just people who love the artform.

Bodybuilders with tattoos and arrogance are such a small portion of whats wrong with our society. Plenty of scrawny, tattoo-less people are complete douchebags.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #34
damo6
turbo pilot

Quote:
Tattoo culture has changed big time thesedays. .
so has the cost! i have arms full of them from my service days, "the difference between people who are tattooed and people who are'nt is tattooed people dont care if your not tattooed"- old tattoo parlour saying. i cant go into detail because of any possible ramifacations but there was an incident up here in brisbane on the 21st dec, a bloke was knocked out and died 2 days later, the bloke who hit him is a workmate of mine, stepped in to stop fella shoving his missus around, copped a smack from fella,went to walk off and copped another one,workmate then retaliated resulting in the situation now before him,one punch was all workmate threw but thats all it took.workmate is 4ft nuthin tall,family man,wife 2 kids,he was released without charge after turning himself in but the fella died the next day.now workmate has to live with this not to mention a very expensive court battle to possibly come. dont need to be a roid addicted gorilla as you can see to do something stupid like this..
EDIT.. i have quoted nothing that has not allready been mentioned by the media,obviously know more but not saying anything further.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #35
Swathe

I know heaps of ******* without tattoos. Same old story, handful of idiots make everyone else look bad.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Why inflict your narrow minded opinion on others? No one is asking you to love tattoos but if you don't like them, don't look at them. There are lots of things I don't like but life is too short to get angry over it.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #37
EF ECTIV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As said (and I realise its not the point of the article) but the only people who care
about tattoos are the ones who don't have any...

1998 EL XR8 S2, Oxford, Manual, tickford kit
Project

2013 G6ET

Stock daily

2022 Patrol TiL
Stock daily
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #38
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Sounds like if you have Tattoos on your face or on your neck you'll be 'normal' soon.

I'll be talking to the kids to make sure they don't go to Uni with any of those !
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #39
BHDOGS
Banned

People are getting to hung up on Tats alcohol is the big killer
Old 09-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #40
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Really, a law
how many penalty units apply if you break this 'law?
Ok "banned", wrong choice of word on my part but you knew exactly what I meant sport....

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-tol...201-2yjua.html

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 09-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #41
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo6 View Post
"the difference between people who are tattooed and people who are'nt is tattooed people dont care if your not tattooed"- old tattoo parlour saying.
Very true.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #42
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Anyone with a face, neck, or full arm sleeve tattoo is someone that is not going to contribute much to society, apart from their contribution to their own little world - or in some instances their own gang.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #43
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
Anyone with a face, neck, or full arm sleeve tattoo is someone that is not going to contribute much to society, apart from their contribution to their own little world - or in some instances their own gang.
Wow just wow, I hope you've got your flame suit on bro.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #44
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Wow just wow, I hope you've got your flame suit on bro.
The world has obviously changed a lot !
Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #45
nstg8a

Crap baiting attempt is crap...

Very obvious attempt to start another arguement
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #46
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow sorry maybe you could tell that to the little Zambian boy I sponsor. I didn't realise having a sleeve tattoo made me such a piece of scum. People with attitudes like yours disgusts me. Oh and my GP has a sleeve tattoo too, I guess doctors aren't important to society either. Ur an idiot
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #47
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
I would say narrow mindedness and refusal to accept the artforms of your fellow man is a bigger indicator of a selfish person.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50761...rising-tattoos
Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #48
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipXW View Post
Wow sorry maybe you could tell that to the little Zambian boy I sponsor. I didn't realise having a sleeve tattoo made me such a piece of scum. People with attitudes like yours disgusts me. Oh and my GP has a sleeve tattoo too, I guess doctors aren't important to society either. Ur an idiot
Thanks for your feedback make sure you post a picture of your nice Tattoo.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #49
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I would say narrow mindedness and refusal to accept the artforms of your fellow man is a bigger indicator of a selfish person.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50761...rising-tattoos

I love art, make sure you post yours.

Is it like one of "the masters"
?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #50
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

What and fall into the trap of me having to show them off to get self worth? No, like most people I got my tattoos for myself not for the world.

Its sad that "the difference between people who are tattooed and people who aren't is tattooed people dont care if your not tattooed" is still true in 2014. Why do people with no tattoo's kick up such a stink about it?

Especially on a car enthusiast forum, surely with the fact that car enthusiasts in this country are portrayed as criminals by the media we would be less willing to then turn around and do the exact same thing to another group in society.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #51
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Small minded people will always be that way...
Tattoos are just a form of self expression,as is being small minded...
When people with tattoos start affecting my life i will worry, until then,who gives a toss!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #52
Barnaby

Your just feeding them guys...
Old 09-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #53
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I say stuff manufacturing in this country.

The next big thing after Tatoo artists, will be Tatoo laser removal.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #54
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
I say stuff manufacturing in this country.

The next big thing after Tatoo artists, will be Tatoo laser removal.
It mightn't be right but I did get a laugh out of your last few posts, might have to get you a big wooden spoon with **** stirrer engraved on it.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #55
EF ECTIV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im a practicing lawyer but I guess cos Ive got a lower leg sleeve I should give it
all away, join an outlaw gang, start on the roids and begin selling meth judging by
some of the (clearly baiting) comments in this thread...

1998 EL XR8 S2, Oxford, Manual, tickford kit
Project

2013 G6ET

Stock daily

2022 Patrol TiL
Stock daily
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #56
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
I said individual rights that are eroding community rights read what i wrote before you jump up and down about a police state. As for disgust the feelings mutual go have another beer.
O.k here you go then , my interpretation of your post is that due to a minority of people doing the wrong thing that EVERYONE HAS TO SUFFER ! Please reread your original one sentence post and think about it .
Whatever your opinion is , well sometimes it is best to keep it to yourself . If in your long winded post you were trying to say that the courts are going to easy on young thugs with no respect for anyone and some happen to have tatts and some don't and 99% of the time are affected by alcohol , well yes I would agree with you !
Old 09-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #57
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Guess I won't be much use to society.. One arm done from my hand to my neck, other arm from wrist to my neck as well as a few others.
Thankfully I've got a good family, friends & job & don't need to worry about people with narrow minded opinions like yours

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #58
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

All I'm reading here is that what's wrong with society is tattoos, big dogs, muscle and selfies.

What's happening though is a demonstration of what's truly wrong with society. Baseless judgement.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #59
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Isn't that the same sort of selfish attitude you're condemning? If we had That attitude about everything the world would be a god awful boring place.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #60
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Its not the tattoo, the physique or the mentality individually, its the combination of them.
Take this evening for instance. Im walking into my local supermarket with my family. As I approached the entry turnstile one of the pumped up tribal warrior wannabe's aforementioned was also heading for the same piece of turf.
As my wife was lagging a good 20 or so meters behind I decided to let him enter first, no problem.
We spnd the next few minutes in the fruit and veg section where he continually looks and stares with an aggressive look on his face.

So im walking up one of the aisles when this clown comes walking the other way. He isn't scanning shelves or anything, just moving quickly towards me pushing his trolley.
Anyway, between him and I is another shopper, stopped and looking at product leaving room for only one to pass, so being first to reach her I proceed to pass...or so I thought.
next thing I know this clown is standing in front of me, blocking my path, giving me this filthy look as if to question how dare I even consider getting in his way.
I stopped, looked him square in the eye and waited for him to move his steroid induced **** from my way, which he reluctantly did.

Now, forgive me if im wrong, but I believe allowing this clown to enter the shopping centre first was, to him, a sign that he either intimidated me or that I had conceded that he was superior.

The point is, im 6'3", he shorter. I weigh 120Kg, he'd be lucky to push 100kg what made him think he was superior?
The fact that I used courtesy and allowed him to go in ahead of me or his false belief that his tribal tatts, big muscles and bad attitude are not to be reckoned with, you tell me.

I tell you what I know, this clown is no pioneer...

Last edited by BENT_8; 09-01-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Closed Thread