Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #31
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: BMW will become the first car maker offer advanced laser headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
That's like everything though on European cars, pain in the *** to work on but when everything is working as intended its fantastic.
I disagree, changing a light globe in the LT focus is a simple removal of a couple of screws and slide out the light assembly. In the BA/BF Falcon the battery had to be removed along with 3 fingers. A total design disaster.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
I disagree, changing a light globe in the LT focus is a simple removal of a couple of screws and slide out the light assembly. In the BA/BF Falcon the battery had to be removed along with 3 fingers. A total design disaster.
Funny how things are worked out... The Festiva was ultra easy, pull the rubber boot off the back of the light, unplug wire, remove globe and your done.

Focus... can't really complain. Light has to come out, but once you have done it a few times it is pretty easy...

When you hear of bumpers being removed to change batteries and lights and several hours labour along the way...

Guy at work has a new Golf... new battery is a real pain apparently. Several hundred dollars, half for the battery, half for the labour!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #33
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WQ Fiesta remove front grill to get at one screw to get headlight out to change globe !!!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Same with my LV Focus, but there are other things on it which will be a pain in the *** when the time comes, alternator and starter motor spring to mind judging by their locations.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #35
bungarra

Quote:
Never had an issue with the BA Wagon I had. Just turned weels full lock to the opposite side to the globe I was changing and come in from the wheel arch. Learnt that from a Ford mechanic.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post