Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #31
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKoRa_eL_97
Like Omfg Omfg I Am So Happy Like Wtf Hahahah This Is Sick As Man Thanks A Lot Best Find Ever!
: are you : ??? Did you have too many cans of Red Bull or something ;)

As for the borderline stuff, legalities wise, You may as well record an episode of foxtel and lend it to someone to watch...All of you out there who have a VCR or DVD with a Hard Disk? Everytime you record something, you have broken a copyright law... I remember this being discussed at the time of the Sydney Olympics when people wanted to record the opening ceremony..
It has all gone a little too far in some respects...
Old 07-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #32
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
:
It has all gone a little too far in some respects...
Agreed. And to be honest - nothing has ever been done about people recording FTA broadcasted materials. Nor should it. Cant really sue someone for a cent if they're not making money off it... and companies have little interest in pressing charges unless there's a civil suit they can leverage off it.

But this is a far cry from broadcasting subscription television services over a peer to peer network. The fact that it's P2P automatically leads me to think it's illegal unless proven otherwise lol.

If this is legal then so is the hacked and cracked foxtel setup that i had as a teenager.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #33
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Agreed. And to be honest - nothing has ever been done about people recording FTA broadcasted materials. Nor should it. Cant really sue someone for a cent if they're not making money off it... and companies have little interest in pressing charges unless there's a civil suit they can leverage off it.

But this is a far cry from broadcasting subscription television services over a peer to peer network. The fact that it's P2P automatically leads me to think it's illegal unless proven otherwise lol.

If this is legal then so is the hacked and cracked foxtel setup that i had as a teenager.
True, the thing is, there is a mix of FTA and Pay TV Channels in there...this is where it goes from being Black and White to shades of Gray. You could argue that its perfectly legal to watch the FTA Channels and not the Pay channels.. Policing something in that finer detail would be quite difficult i'd imagine...
Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #34
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Lol. Agreed... 256 shades of grey on this one!