Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #31
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
IRIVER!!! I have the iRiver H320 20gb one.

JB hifi has 20gb ones for $496, they are awesome.. I've had mine since november and its my favourite thing i own!
Mine plays video also and you can view pics, its really cool. They come with everything too, the case and all the accesories. Its got a built in voice recorder too.. very good.
Also the thing i love about the iriver is it keeps getting better as they're firmware upgradeable, when i got mine it couldn't play video so i updated to the latest firmware and presto, now it can play video.

I'd go iriver
That is the model I bought, but JB had trouble getting on for me before Mother's Day, so for $3 extra and being able to get one it was an easy decision.

Regards

Steven
Old 07-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #32
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great stuff, these things are awesome..
You won't be dissapointed. Also thought i'd add i have a mate on his 3rd 20gb iPod because they broke, and another friend who is on her 2nd iPod mini.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #33
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I bought an iRiver, but it's only one of the small 256Mb flash jobbies, got it chepa in the US when I was there.

iRiver's play WMA, Ogg Vorbis as well as mp3, I'm not sure iPod's support the other two. Plus as has been mentioned, iRiver's have firmware support, etc. The sound of the these is great. Easy to use with a PC, with USB support. I'd recommend iRiver over the iPod. I think my next player with be one of the larger capacity iRivers. Very impressed with this brand of personal audio gear.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2005, 07:32 PM   #34
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I bought an iRiver, but it's only one of the small 256Mb flash jobbies, got it chepa in the US when I was there.

iRiver's play WMA, Ogg Vorbis as well as mp3, I'm not sure iPod's support the other two. Plus as has been mentioned, iRiver's have firmware support, etc. The sound of the these is great. Easy to use with a PC, with USB support. I'd recommend iRiver over the iPod. I think my next player with be one of the larger capacity iRivers. Very impressed with this brand of personal audio gear.
I was told the iPods had to convert the music to their own proprietary format called iMusic and you have to use a computer to perform this task. However iRivers can record straight from a CD player or via a computer.

Steven
Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #35
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

iTunes.. yep.
Also with the iriver you can go to a mates place and bring your usb cable to cut and paste music and stuff onto it off another computer without programs installed, afaik ipod need to have the program installed onto the computer to store stuff on them.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post