Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #31
jed67
mustang 1967

Yes they were lucky last night but hey as a bomber supporter bring on 2008 with Bomber Thompson coaching the dons - how sweet is that :P
jed67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #32
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

being a lions supporter i hope the roos win tonight.
My old man is a mad geelong supporter so GO GEELONG!!!!!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #33
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope the Roo's win the whole thing. Hate port, cant stand geelong and they're bandwagon supporters.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #34
rodderz

What a match, close the whole night, would of been great to see both in the grand final. Ablett played a good game, so did his brother. If the pies had made the most of the opportunities in the 50 a bit more they might have won, but I reckon the pies and cats will be the better teams the next few years or so.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #35
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
I hope the Roo's win the whole thing. Hate port, cant stand geelong and they're bandwagon supporters.

Yeah looks like the roos got rooted.... :
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #36
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

What a shame the roos got that far, pathetic effort against Port.

Go the Cats, give it to that interstate scum!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #37
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Yeah looks like the roos got rooted.... :
Hey Phil what was the name of the team who came from interstate and went to skilled stadium and pounded some pussy-cat ?? Uh Oh !!
Old 22-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #38
TE50 027
Tickford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's EB
No chance the Roo's for sure lol
OH YEAH!!! Was a close one though :
Sparkling Burgundy T1 TE50 Build #027 - SOLD
TE50 027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #39
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Well done PORT, who would have believed they could reach the Grand final with such a young team.
What a pick up Rodan and Motlop have been.
I dont doubt Geelong will go into the game as red hot favourites. especially seeing as they had such a great streak going until Port ended it.

Sort of reminds me of the 01 season Essendon had, won all year, dropped a game late in the season, went into the GF as clear favourites and got knocked off by Brisbane.

Come to think of it Ports run to the GF has some dejavu, in 04 they lost their assistant coach, Allistair Clarkson, and this year they lost Dean Bailey.

I guess with Port winning a flag only 3 yrs ago and no expectation in this year they have nothing to lose, Geelong on the other hand have heaps to lose.
Good luck PORT is all i will say, im keeping a.....
LID
IT
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #40
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U

the roos didn't play that badly, they just got smacked by a better side. the good thing about the win is that they had a couple of players that were a bit down so there is room for improvement.

geelong should not go into the final expecting to win. there one loss in the last 18 or 19 games came at the hands of port. they should be favourites but if port bring their best i think they will be every bit a match for geelong and maybe a bit more given they have the experience.

i think mark williams is fast gaining respect as far as coaching goes. to bounce back to the top with the young list he has is a top effort.

may the best team win!! (Go Power)
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #41
peachey80
Nothing stays standard !!

Love your work mate... Go the cats, I've been a supporter since '89 when I was only 9 years old. They've gotto play better than that though.
I've had accom. and air fares booked for a while, but I need tickets ! ! Anyone what to sell me some ? ? ? need 2.... PLEASE..............

Project Car : XA Coupe : XA Project
peachey80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #42
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
What a match, close the whole night, would of been great to see both in the grand final. Ablett played a good game, so did his brother. If the pies had made the most of the opportunities in the 50 a bit more they might have won, but I reckon the pies and cats will be the better teams the next few years or so.
GAblett played a good match with 30 odd posessions but NAblett played terrible IMO. Geelongs whole forward line struggled with Steve Johnson probably being thier best, but he too was well held.

As for the pies making more in their 50, what about Geelong? They had the ball in their 50 about 20 times more than Collingwood, and also had 5 more behinds with the same amont of goals as the pies.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #43
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I was cheering hard for the pies, and I'm a bomber supporter. I hate Geelong with a passion and I would have happily taken out Collingwood membership next season if they had denied the cats a spot in the Grandfinal. Maybe an Abletts truck with do what collingwood couldn't do last night.

Lets hope the power win tonight. Roos couldn't take it to Gelong, even if they had 100 points head start.
Anyone making comments about Geelong supporters getting on the badnwagon need to read this post. Come on Bucky, you either get a membership or you don't, regardless of whether they win the flag or the wooden spoon.
Old 23-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #44
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
all i got to say about that is 1990 : : :

and being a collingwood supporter all i can say is well done cats they where the better side on the night and maybe they can break there drought next week but it is a pity that it is not against essondon : : : : :
You have got to be kidding!

Geelong played terribly and deserved to lose.

I was at the game and Collingwood applied far more pressure, kicked with more precision and purpose and had a forward line capable of taking an overhead mark (compared to Nathan Ablett).

Collingwood were unlucky not to win and had they won, Geelong had nobody to blame but themselves for a 2.7 third quarter.

And with that, I wish to state that I am a Geelong supporter and I did not get too carried away with the win as I witnessed the 1992, 1994 and 1995 losses (wasn't even aware of VFL/AFL in '89).

In relation to another post, Essendon did not "win all year" in 2001. Brisbane finished the season ten times better with ~14 straight wins prior to the Grand Final, with Essendon dropping games late. Essendon's start to the season is what got them top spot on percentage! Essendon was hit with injuries, as well as players having lesser form to 2000, when about 10 Essendon players had the seasons of their career. A better reflection is 2003, when Brisbane had to do it the hard way and Collingwood should have won, but pooed their pants on the big day.

Geelong, bandwagon supporters? Bull-fruiting-caca! I've followed Geelong closely every year and I take that as an insult, seeing that we've put up with a lot of crap over 40 years, yet I still fork out 130+ to attend the club membership and still attend games. I can think of other clubs with bigger bandwagons.

Bucknaked? Why don't you like Geelong? Still angry about the 1951 Grand Final, or the 1989 Preliminary Final...or 2004 Semi? Come on, Geelong has been hardly threatening ever compared to your club, which since 1963 (our last flag), has won five premierships. Funnily enough, I hate Essendon the most. I said to my friends at the game on Friday night that if I could see a nuke hit any club, it would be Essendon. But that is my opinion.

I don't mind Collingwood or Carlton...I just think Edward McGuire is an arrogant pork-pie.

Best wishes to Geelong for the GF. May the best team win.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #45
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death

In relation to another post, Essendon did not "win all year" in 2001. Brisbane finished the season ten times better with ~14 straight wins prior to the Grand Final, with Essendon dropping games late. Essendon's start to the season is what got them top spot on percentage! Essendon was hit with injuries, as well as players having lesser form to 2000, when about 10 Essendon players had the seasons of their career. A better reflection is 2003, when Brisbane had to do it the hard way and Collingwood should have won, but pooed their pants on the big day.
Oops my bad, i was thinking of the 2000 season which Essendon won anyway.

Heres some food for thought though.

Geelong won 19 games this season, Port won 15.
Geelong played 17 of its 22 games in Vic. Port played 11 in SA
Geelong won 14 games in Vic, Port won 8 in SA
Geelong won 5 games away from Vic, Port won 7 away.
Geelong won 2 games at the MCG, Port won 3 at MCG.
Kangas beat Geelong at skilled so did Port, the only teams to do so.
on rescent form Geelong smashed the Kangas, Port smashed the Kangas and Port beat Geelong.

Should be a good game!
Old 23-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #46
rodderz

I'm going for the Cats purely because the Cornes brothers are knobs!

Plus it's great watching the Ablett's, they seem to have a lot of natural ability that the old man had during his career
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #47
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

BENT 8: Watching how Geelong, Collingwood and Port played this weekend I would like to say that I think that Collingwood played a lot better and a lot harder than Port did when they beat Geelong recently.

It's hard to judge just how deserving Port are, they went out and won their first qualifier and receiving a week off as did Geelong... I felt on Friday that Geelong faced a hard competition and Collingwood put up a massive fight... but I feel that the week off that Geelong had was probably bad for them... took out their momentum. Had they have had to play again I think they would have been more ready for this game against Collingwood. Either way the results are as they are. My point is... Port went out to do exactly what Geelong had already done two weeks prior which was smash the Kangaroos..

So I'd like to think Geelong this week will be working hard to be ready to meet Port.. but I think they'd have to freshen up a lot more than Port did... was like a training match. Wouldn't have been to strenuous for Port really!

GO CATS! TAKE THE 2007 FLAG HOME!
Old 23-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #48
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
It's hard to judge just how deserving Port are,
just like a few commentators - they find it hard to give credit to interstate teams, espescially s.a. teams. I'm a south aussie but i'm really just a sport fan in general. i don't actually barrack for any club.

the interstate clubs are travelling almost every other week and as has been mentioned port have a very good record this year on the road. they have a pretty young list and no-one expected them to be in a GF this year.

Port don't choose who they play so to say they are not as deserving because they didn't have a tough run is a bit harsh.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #49
IEVLV8
Resident Holden God

i am a Holden fan i dont deserve to be flamed for that.

but Flame me all you want for what i am about to say

I WOULD RATHER OWN A FORD THEN SEE THE GEELONG CATS WIN THE FINAL
Old 23-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #50
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Good points.

Is it just me or do the Victorian footy loyalists seem a bit worried now that Port have made the GF.
I listened to Robert Walles call the game and i must say i thought Port smashing the Roos seemed to really him off.
It's as though they thought if two Vic teams played off in the GF atleast they were certain to get their beloved cup back for the first time in 7 years.
I have thought it hugely amusing to see their reaction come GF day over the 3 previous yrs, they never fail to find some link to Vic in interstate teams.
In 02 and 03 they hated Brisbane, in 04 they said Brisbane was really just Fitroy and in 05 and 06 it was the Sydney South Melbourne team taking on West Coast.
You never hear of these links any other time.

How biased are those commentators really, it almost makes them look immature
Yesterday they all said Chad Cornes and Tredrea were silly for celebrating goals with passion yet when Cam Mooney screamed at the crowd after he kicked a goal from the pocket after the deliberate out of bounds not a word was said.
Do they really think we are silly enough to believe that rott, i see it as nothing more than a deliberate attempt to unsettle the side.
I cant help but feel it is they who feel a little uneasy on the eve of what could be another certainty that might not come to fruition.

Alot of expectation for a very inexperienced GF contender
Only 1 player has even been there on the day compared to Ports 9 or so.
Old 23-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #51
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEVLV8

Well aren't you a loser then. You live in Geelong and hate the Cats and don't like Fords. Move out at once, promptly. And on that note, bugger off from a Ford forum that contains a thread about the Geelong Cats you troll.
Old 23-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #52
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Bugger off and join LS1. You've no friends here.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #53
T3-STROKER
AU.OUTLAW

Quote:

holden are redy to blow geelong are redy to go. off mate :evil3:
Old 23-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #54
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:

Are you related to RogerCordia GO CATS.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #55
IEVLV8
Resident Holden God

nah not related in any way shape or form
Old 23-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #56
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I'm going for the Cats purely because the Cornes brothers are knobs!

Plus it's great watching the Ablett's, they seem to have a lot of natural ability that the old man had during his career
Rodderz...I've been saying this for a while now.

I can live with Kane, but Chad is the most arrogant player in the league IMO.

He would suck his own member, but chipolatas are too hard to reach, even with his flexibility.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 23-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #57
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On a second note, Port are a much better chance than stated. They have quality in the midfield with the Burgoynes, the Cornes as well as Rodan (who has to be the fairytale of 2007).

Their 50 metre lineups are not as impressive and if Geelong are to win, the forward line has to stand up. Nathan Ablett...take a bloody mark!

Don't snap my undies.
Old 23-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #58
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
I'm a crow supporter but need to back in the POWER come the big day, the days of tinsel town are over for the catters.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #59
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Well is now been 48 hous I have finally stopped sulking....bad luck pies. Was a great game to watch....would be great to see a crowd next week like the one on Friday night ie the "G" full 2 lots of supportes but that unfortunatley is a thing of the past with Corporates etc.

Should be a good game to watch on Saturday....Port played well on Saturday but they didn't impress me against West Coast who were under manned. Geelong didn't impress me that much on Friday night but they have played great footy all year and G Ablett is a superstar and should walk in the Brownlow tomorrow night even with team mates taking votes off him.

I reckon Geelong will get over the line ....just !!

As for next year ....Collingwood have a fantastic amount of young talent coming through and I think that Travis Cloke will play a key role in any success we have next year....I hope that Bucks plays on...60 minutes a match and 2 -3 goals per game would cap off a great career.

Go Pies ... Adelaide can be a lonley place for a non Port/Crows supporter when your team aint in the GF !!!

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #60
XRchic
Hello

Id love to see Port give Geelong a belting this weekend. Not all that likely, I must say. I would say 60% chance Geelong will win. But funny things can happen on one day, and all history can be forgotten on the day of the GF! They are very even, overall, and it could just take one of them having an off day, to give the other one victory. I hope its the Power (Im a Crows supporter).

Ohhh and I get to watch it in peace and quiet too, since Eamon is departing for Geelong on Friday night and wont be back until Monday. He may even get tickets... one thing he will get is a hangover! Hahaha... NO sympathy!

And IF Geelong lose, he will have to drive back to SA, with his SA plated car and come back to a WHOLE LOT of trouble! Mt Barker is largely a Port Power town and he has been giving everyone at his work HEAPS over the last few weeks.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post