Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #31
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

It happened yesterday…. I work face to face with the general public in a busy insurance company. Well we have been having problems with our printer which is an absolute nuisance as we print out policies on the thing all day, every day and it really affects our efficiency when it does not work.

So the printer has 4 different paper draws and for some reason they keep getting jammed and I was starting to lose my cool a bit with it after say the 10th jam in a row. So I am kneeling in front of the bloody thing, opening the drawers and checking for paper jams when for some unknown reason I happened to lean forward as I slammed (and I mean slammed) the drawer shut. Somehow the edge of the drawer managed to hook onto the front of my blouse so that when I slammed the drawer back in it took my blouse with it ripping off the top 2 buttons and leaving me quite literally exposed.

Needless to say I was mortified – my male (had to be male) customer thought it was hilarious and my manager was dumbfounded as to how it could possibly have happened.

I don’t get embarrassed easily but let me assure you I was bright red!
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #32
MrQuan
Social Disaster

that's awesome :

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #33
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

I use to do night fill during high school for some extra cash. One night a was bring a pallet out the front from the back dock. I clipped the end of the shelf knock over 2 bread makers, this was when they first come out and were fairly costly at the time. I just put them back to the shelf.
O, and boxes of light bulb don't bouch!!

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #34
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
17yrs old & unlicensed to drive the fork lift at the time aswell.
Still kept the job..
Probably because if the workplace union found out boss would be in heaps of $H!T
Old 15-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #35
Phillo62
Local Riff Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
I Kind of stabbed a forklift through the side of an insulated truck
Quietly giggling to myself here, "ahh i kinda stabbed a hole in the truck boss."
Old 15-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #36
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
I don’t get embarrassed easily but let me assure you I was bright red!
Shall I say it before all the guys do? This Thread Is Useless Without Pics?! lmfao that would've been a scream!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Unintentionally breaking wind in a customer's face wasn't my proudest moment either. I wasn't feeling well that day, and there was a box that I bent over to pick up... customer was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Easy.. in 1990 (I was 19) I took the boss's brand new company car (VN, less than 2000kms on the clock) for some work errands.. Went round a corner too fast as the auto kicked down. Spun it, was just about stopped as it went up the gutter on a Footscray side street and slammed into a power pole. Rear end was screwed. I could easily reach into the boot and remove anything up to the size of a soccer ball... and the boot was still locked!!!!

Went back, told the boss I accidently reversed into a pole (well.. its not a lie really is it?). He shook his head, told me to be more careful, go take it to the panel shop across the road and organise a hire car for him (turned out to be a Red VN just like his company car. I think he was more ****ed at me for not getting hime something different then he was in me crashing it.)

So if you ever see a red VN with rego EIP333 (I'll never forget its plates) you know its been smashed.

Oh, only other thing I heard about it was the repairs were in excess of $5000. Didnt lose my job, didnt get in trouble, nothing.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #38
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

I've broken/fried dozens of sets of bandsaws, these saws are huge take 2 to lift and have diameter of around 12-14 feet!
Busted 50mm+ shafts like they are toothpicks. countless hrs of lost production time.
Put a sawlog through the roof of a 'scanner' hut. wiping out the scanners. $150g!
Oilers not working on a bark scraper chain slides, wore them out, $300g & 2mths to rebuild! This fills a hopper that trucks drive under.
Watched a loader driver back into a fully loaded b-double log truck! nasty!
After getting one of our 966 cat grabs back with a new turbo, a hydraulic hose fitting was not done up properly, spat oil onto the new turbo and the damn thing caught fire and gutted it out totally, the driver only just got out.

Sawmills are the No.1 work places to break things. :sm_headba
Been there for 12years now.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #39
xespac

Back when I was 15 I was working at the solvos and opening up the big door to the building and was told "don't go too far up, cause it ain't coming back down" so what did I do? pulled it all the way to the top an couldn't get it back down until we got a forklift driver to lift somone up to put it back on its tracks(took the whole day to fix) I was a bit ****ed cause my uncle was the one that told me not to go too far, and he had a hissy fit :(
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #40
BlackLS

What call centre you work at
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
I work in a call center (sh!ttiest job in the world) and one day they decided to put helium balloons up everywhere to celebrate the official opening of the contract. We were bored so I pulled down a helium balloon and did the "talk like a chipmunk" thing. It was pretty funny until I took in one HUGE breath of helium, and just as I had inhaled the last contents of the balloon...

I got a call...

Worst thing was that the managers were monitoring every call that day (we only get about 20 per day at the moment) and I got in sooooo much sh!t for that one!

If I stuff up over anything at all now, I'm sacked... (boo-frickity hoo)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #41
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV329
I had to attach seats into a cruddy old van and dutifully drilled away for the mounting bolts and natch drilled a hole into the fuel line.

Was going like a cut snake on a hard deadline for large and complex escalator support beams with only a couple of hours left for delivery to site and after I had finished fabricating my beam I took over one from the apprentice who was dragging the chain a little. I managed to put all fittings on the end not done yet on the bottom instead of the top!
I announced finished with a " I beat the deadline and you lot are still going smile ".

The boss looked around and picked it straight away.

I cut the beam in half, spun my end other way up and welded it back together, it was easier than cutting all the fittings off and putting them back on! Still took awhile but, they were big beams!

Oh nearly forgot, when I was an apprentice the boss and I were putting a handrail on a staircase and the boss was holding the uprights and I was tacking them on. Well my welding lead got caught around a hold down bolt so I'm giving it a good tug to free it. It finally gives and I managed with the follow through to stick the electrode smack into the middle of the boss' forehead and electrocute him!

He said he had a headache for a week. ( I'm not really a klutz! )
Thats bloody hilarious! :
Old 15-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worse thing ive done is dropped a part from the photo machine. The boss fixed it so it was ok but if he hadnt of it would of been damn expensive to fix because they dont make parts for the model that we have and second hand parts would also take forever (even near impossible) which means he would of lost heaps of money from not being able to do any photos so i was damn lucky.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #43
old_mate
Smash the Boost

737 went to fly to auckland the other day, full of passengers who had been delayed 2hrs already due to smoke in the pit, and what we thought was a unrelated APU problem. We finally think we fixed the problem and send it on its way (with APU inop)

Left engine refused to start on the taxiway

plane came back. Another plane had to be organised. I left a c/b out lol. Was a blessing in disguise actually, as we really hadnt fixed thew problem. While playing with it more once the pressure was off, found a packs switching module arcing causing APU shutdowns and all sorts of weirdness

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #44
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Bakes
I use to do night fill during high school for some extra cash. One night a was bring a pallet out the front from the back dock. I clipped the end of the shelf knock over 2 bread makers, this was when they first come out and were fairly costly at the time. I just put them back to the shelf.
O, and boxes of light bulb don't bouch!!
Reminds me of an insident I had doing night fill back in the good old days.

Some d!ck put an opened box of pasta sauce (the big jars) on the top of the shelving on it's side. I was putting something next to it as my manager walked up, "You almost done here?". Then, with him standing right there a jar fell - I caught it... then another jar - I caught it in my other hand... then another jar - I caught it between the 2 jars... then another fell and smashed them all in my hands... so I just stepped back as my manager and I watched a few more jars of pasta sauce add to the puddle of bolagnaise and glass on the floor.

Needless to say I was covered in the sh!t, I reckon I used about 3 rolls of paper towels and left the rest to the cleaners :P Scored a few glass cuts to the hands too and it was ****ing out blood.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #45
andrew_smith_84
my one day build...

about a year or so ago, my mate was working for an exhaust place and saw a box of turbo pipes near the saw, so he thought that he would start to cut them as he had finished what he was doing, turns out that the pipes were already cut and they had to rebend a whole batch, about $2000- $3000 gone because he thought he was being helpful
andrew_smith_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #46
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I had to do a software upgrade on the checkouts at work, during the day while the store was open.
(Until then all upgrades had been performed after trade when the store was closed for the night)
Upgraded the 2 computers out the back, and the one on the service desk no problem.
Then I had to shut down each register one by one and reboot them, testing each one out before starting the next.
I accidently hit enter on the option that reloads ALL of the registers at once.
(The option I usually take when doing overnight upgrades, cause I'm too lazy to do it the long way)
We had to get all of the customers out and close the doors for 3 hours while the registers reloaded. The checkout operators had to put all the people's shopping away, and then I freaked out because once the registers started coming back online they weren't working the way the release notices said they should, so I spent another hour on the phone with IT trying to solve it.
It was then I realised that I hadn't performed the test transaction correctly, and everything was ok to re-open the shop.

After being closed for just over 4 hours, we lost ~40k in sales.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #47
aimzes
...fairly odd

was up all night drinking knowing i didnt have to work on saturday even though we were pouring concrete. there should have been enough guys there to cover for me but no. got the call at 8;30am still blind drunk.

wobbled to work, luckily a 5 min walk. had to wheel barrows of concrete though a house with nice hard wood floors. spilled a few in the house, one on the garden another on the tiles next to the garden. spewed in one of the footings. almost fell over/passed out half way across a wet slab.

anyway the blokes made me feel really bad and i cleaned it all up in front of the owner, who sat there with a big grin. he waited till i finished and said, btw we are ripping up those sh*tty floors anyway... you didnt need to do such a good job.

i was also pulling down a show bag stand at the easter show. they had all these clear plastic things to go around the cash registers to stop theives anyway they were expensive. i ran over them in a fork lift. put them all on a pallet, wrapped them up in plastic and chucked them on a container. i never went back hehehe, but i heard the next year when pulling them out the bloke dropped them and they all smashed again so he put them in a bin and said he couldnt find them hehehe.
Old 15-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #48
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

ouch!
I drive a street sweeper...
My best effort was when i was part-time labour hire, i lost a fire hydrant. Which are loaned through the water board. $1100 to replace. Thats on my permant record.
Also managed to get my truck stuck under a tree branch, smashed the side window, flashing light cover ($300+), and a cracked windscreen.
Completely smashed my broom off its arm, that wasnt pretty, ($500 worth of hyrdraulic hoses)

I love working for local government... they have a saying about me. If im not out there breaking stuff, they get suspicious of me not working!
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #49
slim

I was loading a 15 ton digger onto my truck........cars everywhere and not alot of room,i was keeping a well needed wary eye on some very low power wires and the next thing i heard an almighty crash............while trying to dodge the wires the spare rock bucket had fallen out.................straight onto the bonnet and windscreen of a parked car..............whoops,,,,,,,to top in of the poor bugger whose car it was had traded it in and was picking his new car up after work!
Old 15-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #50
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Used to do security work at a night club quite a few years ago and was working on the door. 3 quite drunken guys, that belonged in a public bar and not a night club try to get in, during the course of the conversation, I told them they could not get in tonight as they had had too much too drink, they start argiung asking how can I tell they had too much to drink. I tell them they wobbled up to the door, they're slurring their words and they are all glassy eyed, with that, one of them turns around and pulls out a glass eye and holds out his hand to show me his glassy eye, got a little messy from that point on, should have knocked his hand and watched his eye roll down the street.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #51
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i stuffed up big time years ago .
24th dec , im working and we had a xmas party , i GOT BLOTTO and went home @ 2pm i went straight to bed , Then i woke up at 6 , i thought it was 6 am so i jumped in my car, ( yes i was hung over) and drove back to work as we were on a shutdown and had to work 6 hrs xmas day, when i got to work i was told it was still the 24th and it was night time not morning ,,, silly me

also i once made a small reacter tank and i was inside welding away to realise that i actually welded shut the inspection hatch so there was no way out, the tank had lots of pannels inside for a heat exchanger to pass around the chemical, i just had a bad day and welded the wrong one.. lucky for mobile phones and my big hammer
Old 15-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #52
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
also i once made a small reacter tank and i was inside welding away to realise that i actually welded shut the inspection hatch so there was no way out, the tank had lots of pannels inside for a heat exchanger to pass around the chemical, i just had a bad day and welded the wrong one.. lucky for mobile phones and my big hammer
Thats gold!
Old 15-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #53
LUXO_8
windsor user

hahaha dodge, thats a big oops!

cant say ive really stuffed up at my work.
when i first started, i had to make an AU headlight, and i filled the silastic grouve litterally to the brim.(you're suposed to put a small amount in - i didnt know:P)
when i placed the lens on, the silastic spirted out of the grouve and was everywhere........ of course, because i didnt know, i tried to dismantle it again and totally ruined the headlight..

ive been there for 5 years now, stuff-up's are very rare!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #54
Psycho Chicken
Banned

No biggies. I nudged an X5 at the lights (no where near enough sleep, I shouldn't of been driving). No dramas, besides the fact it was in a customer's car with him in it. No damage and the BMW driver didn't seem to notice.

I scratched one of our loan cars trying to sqeeze it between a tree and a wall that seemed like a good idea at the time. Got away with it but.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #55
Built2redline

im a tiler by trade, i was tiling a customers bathroom in a house that was being renovated in a high class suburb. i needed water to mix up mu sand cement mix but there was no water upstairs, so me being a really smart guy, i get the hose from downstairs and fed it upstairs through a window, put it in a bucket and told my helper to turn the tap on. we had a few buckets to fill so after a while we kinda forgot to turn the hose off.

next thing we know the builder starts yelling something about water and thats when it clicked. i quickly ran downstairs to turn the water off as i see water cascading down the wall and every one looking at me very unimpressed.

turns out they were having a site meeting with the owners, architect, builder.

needless to say i didnt work for that particular builder again
Built2redline is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #56
Bossxr8
Peter Car

My mate who's a truck driver was pulling the truck into the truck depot, which entails going through the gate and then making a hard left followed by a hard right a bit further in. The area just inside the gate is a no parking area but on that day some moron had decided to park his new Mercedes there. Being in a B double with limited vision he managed to completed mangle the whole rear end of it with the trailer and didn't even notice it until a whole bunch of workmates ran up to him waving their arms around.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 12:32 AM   #57
Jaeger
Getting There

Some of these are Hilarious.

My worst was mixing up 2 hard drives on a Ghost copy. Wiped out the wrong drive and blew away the receptionists computers. Whoops. Will never happen again, I triple check now.

A mate of mine also got a brand new laptop, took a bottom panel off to add more memory, and pressed down to hard screwing the panel back on.
Cracked the LCD screen, $2500 to replace. Didn't Bother.
Old 16-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #58
aimzes
...fairly odd

im making a big garage out of these styrene blocks which you fill with concrete.

finished all the walls today. all the steel is in. just need to fill it with concrete. was feeling great till about 3pm.

the guy who sells them came round to look for any mistakes. he looks for about 10- 15 mins and says well it all looks great, you just made one tiny mistake. they are all up side down.

FORTUNATLY ive supported it well enough and have heaps of steel tied in so it SHOULD be ok. but we shall have to wait and see. go aimzes. go you good thing.

i packed up and went home.
Old 16-09-2005, 06:41 PM   #59
Dodge
i like to be stroked

did u tell him u live in the land down under ???
Old 17-09-2005, 05:51 AM   #60
pandaman
Back in Blue!

hehe, I forklifted a rollerdoor a coupla years back. I was neither the first nor the last to do it though, after the next guy did it they had to replace it. The supervisor heard the crash and came walking round, he just gives me this tired "why me" kinda look, picks up a hammer and without a single word helped me put it back in its tracks. Cool guy, apparently he still hands out that look to retreads who stuff things up.

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post