Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: She killed and got off

She feels no guilt because killing some one while using her phone did not deter her from again using her phone while driving unlike my self who for 6 months didn't want to drive at all

There are absolutely no similarities so don't compare what I went through to someone that clearly has not learnt from what she did
Old 20-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
I thought she only killed one person and just got caught using her phone while driving at a later date.
Sorry yes, killed one and severely injured the other.
Old 20-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #33
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy View Post
Geez it must be great being perfect and never doing a thing wrong, there seems to be a whole of holier than thou in this thread... Didn't realise Jesus had several accounts on this forum...

Gotta love the pious attitudes in here... As if none of you have never done something on the roads that endangered others when you were a p-plater...

And for the record "wrongwaynorris", I'm not a "bleeding heart leftist lunatic", I'm a right-wing conservative, who absolutely values human life, which is exactly why I think that sending a kid who made a stupid mistake to jail will achieve nothing...

I'm also someone who's close friend was actually murdered, and if you can't see the difference between this and an actual murder, you need to wake up and remove your head from your posterior...
There's doing something wrong and learning from it, then there's doing something wrong and being too stupid, ignorant, egotistic or just too lazy to learn from it.
Old 20-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #34
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
She feels no guilt because killing some one while using her phone did not deter her from again using her phone while driving unlike my self who for 6 months didn't want to drive at all

There are absolutely no similarities so don't compare what I went through to someone that clearly has not learnt from what she did
I think everyone is missing one vital point, she was also suspended from driving for 3 years... She may well be a menace to society behind the wheel, but there's nothing to suggest that when she's not behind the wheel she's a danger. She's off the road, putting her in jail as well is massive overkill...

It's also worth pointing out that she was fined "for using google maps" with the laws the way they are, for all we know the same copper who attended the scene of her accident, saw that and threw the book at her...

Doesn't necessarily mean she hasn't learnt her lesson, she could have set the destination, set it to voice commands and put it down in the centre console and still been fined... Doesn't necessarily mean she was being distracted by it!
Old 20-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #35
BHDOGS
Banned

Loled
Old 20-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #36
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Im the complete opposite i believe an eye for an eye and family revenge justice is the way to go however im way out on the field with my beliefs and if i was in charge executions would happen in public squares so i know how far of from the regular public's thoughts on the subject i am. Unfortunately to many rich people who live in lavish houses and never encounter crime or criminals get to dictate to the poor masses who live in squalid crime filled areas how crims should be treated.
If it went to referendum, I suspect that the majority of Australian's would rather hang certain criminals than keep them in jail, costing us a fortune for everyone of their worthless lives. And yes, I do believe that social ideology is dictated to the unworthy masses by people with vested interests, smug self importance, minor celebrity staus and those who live in the rarified air of 'I know better than you commoners because I care and can hug trees'...
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think everyone is missing one vitalMattson she was also suspended from driviview?r 3 years... She may well be a menace to society behind the wheel, but there's nothing to suggest that when she's not behind the wheel she's a danger. She's off the road, putting her in jail as well is massive overkill...
Going to jail for killing someone is overkill? WTF!!
Her actions have taken a human life! She is the only one responsible for that.
Do you really place the value of a human life equal to having a drivers licence cancelled?
Really?
If she used a gun and her gun licence was suspended, would that suffice as a fair punishment in your viewk
Old 20-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #38
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post
Going to jail for killing someone is overkill? WTF!!
Her actions have taken a human life! She is the only one responsible for that.
Do you really place the value of a human life equal to having a drivers licence cancelled?
Really?
If she used a gun and her gun licence was suspended, would that suffice as a fair punishment in your viewk
That's an unfair comparison as killing someone with a firearm is an intentional act. This, however tragic, was still an accident regardless of how irresponsible she was.
Old 20-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Leaving the scene of an accident, get busted already for using your phone then killing someone not long after for using your phone again. What more do you really have too do to get in trouble? Maybe if her car was modified and she was a he?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 20-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #40
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
That's an unfair comparison as it was still an accident regardless of how irresponsible she was.
I disagree and am a little surprised that some of you can be so blaze' about the taking of a life.

An accident would have been if she had suffered an epileptic fit while driving and claimed a life. This was no accident!

She has taken away someones brother, dad, son because her phone was a bigger priority than that persons life. What an insult to that persons family!

This is not an accident but an incident that has been caused by this young girls inattention and attitude towards driving a 2 tonne vehicle while not paying due care and attention.
She is responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle. Something she was incapable of doing because her phone took priority over other peoples lives.

Her blatant disregard for other peoples well being and ultimately their life is the reason that this has happened.
She is negligent and deserves to be punished accordingly. As she obviously holds the laws in contempt ( she is a repeat offender) she should have received a harsher penalty.

She may as well been driving her 2 tonne ute blindfolded,stoned or drunk. The end result is the same.

Oh and there are many, many gun related deaths that are not the direct result of someone wilfully killing someone. These are usually the result of negligence too. The only difference is that bullets don't weigh 2 tonnes!

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 20-11-2013 at 04:18 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Gotta love a guy implying I'm stupid when they can't even use basic grammar and punctuation.

So you would know better than most then that the guilt a normal person feels is punishment enough... Ruining their lives by incarcerating them for 3 years just costs the tax payer money...
Sorry, I was trying to find your point, but.......

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 20-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Same thing happened with my great grandma's partner, went across the road to get fish and chips, on the way back he was crossing the road, got hit by a P plater coming the other way who was distracted, fish and chip shop owner saw and run across the road, great grandma's partner convulces around in the gutter for a bit then dies 5m away from the house.

Cops say he contributed to his own death because he was wearing dark clothes and it was dark, P plater gets off with nothing.
I'm sorry to hear, but why would any driver even a P plater as you highlighted be punished for someone not preforming their duty of care and walking out on to a road without checking?

This smug brat needs a good hiding! With her track record, do you really think she wont driver while disqualified? She has hardly been punished, why should she be concerned about re-offending?

Queensland is introducing more laws when there is clearly no need. The judiciary system is exactly where the problem is! Fix it before anything else!
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 20-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #43
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post
I disagree and am a little surprised that some of you can be so blaze' about the taking of a life.

An accident would have been if she had suffered an epileptic fit while driving and claimed a life. This was no accident!

She has taken away someones brother, dad, son because her phone was a bigger priority than that persons life. What an insult to that persons family!

This is not an accident but an incident that has been caused by this young girls inattention and attitude towards driving a 2 tonne vehicle while not paying due care and attention.
She is responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle. Something she was incapable of doing because her phone took priority over other peoples lives.

Her blatant disregard for other peoples well being and ultimately their life is the reason that this has happened.
She is negligent and deserves to be punished accordingly. As she obviously holds the laws in contempt ( she is a repeat offender) she should have received a harsher penalty.

She may as well been driving her 2 tonne ute blindfolded,stoned or drunk. The end result is the same.

Oh and there are many, many gun related deaths that are not the direct result of someone wilfully killing someone. These are usually the result of negligence too. The only difference is that bullets don't weigh 2 tonnes!

Not even going to bother with you here.
Old 20-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #44
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
I'm sorry to hear, but why would any driver even a P plater as you highlighted be punished for someone not preforming their duty of care and walking out on to a road without checking?

This smug brat needs a good hiding! With her track record, do you really think she wont driver while disqualified? She has hardly been punished, why should she be concerned about re-offending?

Queensland is introducing more laws when there is clearly no need. The judiciary system is exactly where the problem is! Fix it before anything else!
Agreed!!!
Old 20-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would think having killed someone while playing with her mobile might be a lesson for her. Getting caught doing it a 2nd time shows she's learn't nothing. And getting off without being jailed is not a deterent to her at all. She's hasn't learnt a lesson, and shes not learnt from her mistake, and shes learned nothing from the judicial system. How long until she reoffends. Maybe kill someone else
4 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think everyone is missing one vital point, she was also suspended from driving for 3 years... She may well be a menace to society behind the wheel, but there's nothing to suggest that when she's not behind the wheel she's a danger. She's off the road, putting her in jail as well is massive overkill...

It's also worth pointing out that she was fined "for using google maps" with the laws the way they are, for all we know the same copper who attended the scene of her accident, saw that and threw the book at her...

Doesn't necessarily mean she hasn't learnt her lesson, she could have set the destination, set it to voice commands and put it down in the centre console and still been fined... Doesn't necessarily mean she was being distracted by it!
Your right licence suspended 3 years sounds like fair punishment for killing someone with a car
It's not only about teaching her a lesson it's also about some sort of justice / closure for the relatives of the guy that died
So she can't drive but she enjoys all other liberties
The victims relatives have come to the realisation that thief son/ brothers life is worth 3 years without a licence

I find your idea of justice offensive and I think those that have been short changed by the justice system would as well
One thing you can't dispute is that the majority of members that have posted in this thread think you are inept on so many levels and the more you post the more its confirmed

Last edited by neptune blue; 20-11-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #47
rog xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
People say jail is too easy and forgiving on people but that's from people who have never been inside.

I doubt its the cushy life of luxury people think it is just because they have foxtel. Its the other people around you which is the big problem.
Yep, that's the truth right there!

I reckon Cancel her license for 5 years, 1 years house arrest (with ankle bracelet & all) 5 year suspended sentence.. & if she gets caught driving whilst disqualified She has to serve the 5 years & license cancelled for life
Old 20-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #48
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Your right licence suspended 3 years sounds like fair punishment for killing someone with a car
It's not only about teaching her a lesson it's also about some sort of justice / closure for the relatives of the guy that died
The victims relatives have come to the realisation that thief son/ brothers life is worth 3 years without a licence

I find your idea of justice offensive and I think those that have been short changed by the justice system would as well
One thing you can't dispute is that the majority of members that have posted in this thread think you are inept on so many levels and the more you post the more its confirmed
Do not speak for me. As a moderator, you should be setting an example and not attacking someone's character. I totally disagree with 5tumpy but I do not have to insult him...
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #49
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He wasn't, he didn't name you at all nor did he say ALL members.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 20-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #50
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Do not speak for me. As a moderator, you should be setting an example and not attacking someone's character. I totally disagree with 5tumpy but I do not have to insult him...
Fair enough Point taken
I should have said that the majority of members that have posted so far on this thread think you are wrong and disagree with your opinion
Also as pointed out I don't speak nor will I ever speak on anyone's behalf I simply read all the posts noted a fact

Last edited by neptune blue; 20-11-2013 at 11:05 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #51
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Discuss it like adults, you may not all agree on whats being written but respecting one and others posts is the way a sensitive topic needs to be approached for discussion..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 20-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #52
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226762872036
I wonder would the sentence had been different if she had of killed an Australian ? And months later she is caught again FFS...........
I don't think I have ever been so dissapointed in a ruling!
Old 21-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #53
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
She has a criminal conviction, which will prevent her from being employed in many jobs, she also has a suspended sentence of 2 and a half years hanging over her head... Just because you are incapable of fathoming the impact a criminal conviction alone has on someone's life, let alone the other factors such as guilt, the fact that she's on the bus, and the fact that if she steps wrong, she's going to jail... Your ignorance of the law does not give you the right to abuse me and behave like a child the way that you have...

Quote:
I find your idea of justice offensive and it's people with attitudes like yours that have led to the prison over crowding in the USA... As Ghandi said "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

If you don't like the judicial system in this country, feel free to head to somewhere that matches your antiquated backwards point of view... I'm sure you'd fit right in in Syria, Iran or Pakistan...
Old 21-11-2013, 03:21 AM   #54
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Well she has to live with it
Like that is some sort of punishment?

1. having to live with the knowledge of the outcome of your actions is NOT a punishment, its a consequence. punishment is something that is handed out by the courts.

2. what she has to live with pales in comparison to what the victim's family will have to live with

3. she gets to live... her victim? taking a life is the single worst thing you can do to another person. its as final as it gets.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #55
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

If you read the article she is extremely lucky that the family could afford Qld's top QC to get her off................. What an absolute joke.............
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #56
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Judicial System in this country has always been a joke. Repeat offenders almost get treated like regular customers.

Anyway, most likely within 2 hours of her leaving Court, she was probably on Facebook asking '' black leggings and green shoes, or green leggings and black shoes ''

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #57
superyob
Banned

Will a public outcry gain an appeal from the Attorney General?
Old 21-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #58
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Like that is some sort of punishment?

1. having to live with the knowledge of the outcome of your actions is NOT a punishment, its a consequence. punishment is something that is handed out by the courts.

2. what she has to live with pales in comparison to what the victim's family will have to live with

3. she gets to live... her victim? taking a life is the single worst thing you can do to another person. its as final as it gets.
Whats that Cyndi Lauper song - Money Changes Everything, i obviously agree with what you say but we wouldnt be having this debate if she was sentenced more appropriately in the first place. Mandatory sentencing a solution & deterrent?

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 21-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #59
BHDOGS
Banned

I believe every other thread has this quote when injustice becomes law resistance becomes duty but I'd change it to revenge becomes duty
Old 21-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #60
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
She has a criminal conviction, which will prevent her from being employed in many jobs, she also has a suspended sentence of 2 and a half years hanging over her head... Just because you are incapable of fathoming the impact a criminal conviction alone has on someone's life, let alone the other factors such as guilt, the fact that she's on the bus, and the fact that if she steps wrong, she's going to jail... Your ignorance of the law does not give you the right to abuse me and behave like a child the way that you have...

I find your idea of justice offensive and it's people with attitudes like yours that have led to the prison over crowding in the USA... As Ghandi said "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

If you don't like the judicial system in this country, feel free to head to somewhere that matches your antiquated backwards point of view... I'm sure you'd fit right in in Syria, Iran or Pakistan...
I have a criminal conviction and it hasn't stopped me from gaining employment and earning a very good living nor has it affected my standing in the community

Her conviction which is a driving offence will not in any way affect her abilty to find a job so again you are making statements that you appear to have no experience with
If she was charged with manslaughter then she would have a little more trouble gaining employment

As for having antiquated views on justice
Have you ever been to the Arab emerates , I have
Very little crime there because the penalties are harsh , serve as a deterant and criminals are dealt with swiftly so no over crowded cells

If you havent heard yet we have very over crowded prisons including over crowded police lock ups here so your are being selective with your examples, take a look at your own back yard before pointing the finger

If I don't like the judicial system in this country me and many others will lobby our over paid under worked politicians to make changes rather than accept soft sentencing

dont know where you live but 12 months a scum bag repeat violent offender on bail ( when he should not have been thanks to our perfect legal system )murded a lady called Jill Maher it was a horrendous crime

So what is so good about our legal system

We live in a country where offenders have more rights than victims, where sentencing is out of touch with the majority of the communities expectations and ones ability to avoid jail depends on how much money you have

This obviously sits ok with you

Philosophical quotations from Gandhi nor joining hands & singing coombaya ain't going to fix anything some of us live in the real world you should check it out may be just for a reality check

Last edited by neptune blue; 21-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.
7 users like this post:
Closed Thread