Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #31
aualright

Default Re: Ecoboost for Mustang and Lincoln, V8 here to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
What's that sound I hear?
Oh, it's the grinding of teeth of the V8 brigade...

In fact in the USA I believe the "modern Mustang" is available as a base model V6 without all the fruit too.

Let's hope to see it on showroom floors, in all model standards, with some interesting new engines!
Re V6 Mustang poverty pack. Hired one earlier this year and as I have mentioned in posts at the time, it is a very good drive, nice interior and has enough power to satisfy. A few techy options missing, and a tiptronic style auto is much needed.

It sounded nicer than the Barra too. Having said that, if I was lucky enough to buy one it would undoubtedly be a V8.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #32
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
Re V6 Mustang poverty pack. Hired one earlier this year and as I have mentioned in posts at the time, it is a very good drive, nice interior and has enough power to satisfy. A few techy options missing, and a tiptronic style auto is much needed.

It sounded nicer than the Barra too. Having said that, if I was lucky enough to buy one it would undoubtedly be a V8.

Hmm...I wonder how one would go with a Barra engine in it...maybe an XR6T motor...?

I mean, anyone can just drop a V8 in a car...doing it differently though really turns heads.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Styling turns heads not engines.

I will care a lot less about the XR8 returning if the mustang comes here.

You can't be serious about that V8 comment either 2011G6E...it was quoted that a third of commodore sales are V8s....the v8 still has a lot of life left in it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #34
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The styling of the Mustang is another big seller. As long as they don't make the mistake Holden did with the Monaro.
Instead of marketing the Monaro purely as a prestige and pricey performance model, they should have taken a leaf from thier own history books and made a full range of models...from a bog stock basic bare bones "two door Commodore" with V6 and auto and basic Commodore interior, to the storming HSV models. How many people, walking into a dealer to buy a lower-end Commodore, would have instead bought a base model Monaro if the price was only a small premium above the 4 door? Ford did the same thing with the coupe in the 1970's...it came in everything from base model to GT.
Two support you case we should look to two of the most successful sedan based Coupes ever on the Australian Market.
Possibly in terms of sales - the two most successful sedan based coupes were ....

Both available model for model equivalent to the sedan.
You paid extra for the two extra doors.

They were ...

The Hyundai Excel and the Chrysler Charger.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #35
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Hmm...I wonder how one would go with a Barra engine in it...maybe an XR6T motor...?

I mean, anyone can just drop a V8 in a car...doing it differently though really turns heads.

Hell they could advertise as it as the motor that when to Australia to power the Falcon for over 50 years and came back massaged and improved with a turbo attatched.The big 4 litre has come home with some extra punch.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post