Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #31
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Eye for an eye punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
There are plenty of anglo Australians who are pretty f'ed in the head and do atrocious things.
But that's not the problem. There is a lot of truly horrific behaviour which is culturally entrenched and encouraged in the middle east. Some sects of Islam have a tradition where young males have their heads cut open with a blade and the more they bleed, the closer they get to heaven, it's called "Ashura day".

I wont embed the pictures because some people might find it disturbing - because it is!

http://www.allahislam.com/images/islamchildrearing1.jpg

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...a_lebanon2.jpg
Old 20-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #32
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Let's face it, most people believe in Karma, Sharia law pretty much equates to Karma.

If you do bad, bad will come to you so to speak.

I don't believe violence is the answer, but it's always nice to know that Karma has caught up with someone...even, (in my case) decades after the incident has occurred.

The problem is the barbarism that you've noted isn't just in the middle east, it's everywhere, including the soil that we call home. There are plenty of men out there that believe they can treat women any way they want, and get away with it...and they're anglo.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #33
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy

The problem is the barbarism that you've noted isn't just in the middle east, it's everywhere, including the soil that we call home. There are plenty of men out there that believe they can treat women any way they want, and get away with it...and they're anglo.
The point I was trying to make though, is that barbarism isn't encouraged by our society, whereas it is in the middle east, to a certain extent. Yes, there are a lot of Australians who are beneath being called a dog - BUT their behaviour is not approved of by the majority and are usually ostracised to the fringes of society - this is the reverse over there. It all has to do with the values and beliefs we share as westerners/Australians and that they are completely incompatible with the shared values of middle easterners.
Old 20-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
The point I was trying to make though, is that barbarism isn't encouraged by our society, whereas it is in the middle east, to a certain extent. Yes, there are a lot of Australians who are beneath being called a dog - BUT their behaviour is not approved of by the majority and are usually ostracised to the fringes of society - this is the reverse over there. It all has to do with the values and beliefs we share as westerners/Australians and that they are completely incompatible with the shared values of middle easterners.
This whole thread came about because the government courts wanted to severely ruin someone's life because they destroyed someone else's. Their government is saying that what this creature did was wrong.

Funny enough in Australia if you glass someone the courts gives you a slap on the wrist even if the person is disfigured severely and will have to live with it all their life. I guess our beliefs are much better
Old 20-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #35
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
You forget also their society has been around for how long? 3000yrs?
What you call barbarism, to them is just normal.

Just a few hundred yrs ago the catholic church could be described as barbaric.
How many people did the church leaders in those days kill people because of their beliefs?

Its not up to us to force our way of thinking onto another society, if they want change it will come from within. Eventually the people will rise up.

An eye for an eye still exsists here in western culture, how many times have people taken retalitory action against someone because they have done something to them?

And how many times do you see/hear comments of cut their hands off, cut their nuts off or whatever when a criminal is caught and facing court?
Isnt this attitude we display the same?
How many times do we hear how soft our justice system is?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #36
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mohandas Gandhi
I thought the same thing.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #37
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mohandas Gandhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I thought the same thing.
I came into this thread just to post this.

Also, a far better Judicial Remedy is self-honoured Restitution
Old 20-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #38
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

Bet you wouldn't say that if your wife was raped and beaten, or they molested your child.

Sorry harsh example I know, but show me a man that wouldn't want to have a hands on retribution with the perpetrator. Money couldn't fix this, and I would be sure as hell that my retribution would fit the crime.
Old 20-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #39
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

I have one question, how do you possibly provide restitution to a woman who has been permanently scarred by acid? And who's life will never be the same again...

I'm not pro violence, or pro eye for an eye...but I am keen to know how this woman gets her 'life' back as it was before...the psychological damage of this alone, no money can remove that...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #40
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Bet you wouldn't say that if your wife was raped and beaten, or they molested your child.

Sorry harsh example I know, but show me a man that wouldn't want to have a hands on retribution with the perpetrator. Money couldn't fix this, and I would be sure as hell that my retribution would fit the crime.
That's the crux of it isn't it.......

Its always a lot easier to pass judgement when you're twice removed from the situation..........however , if the ShIITE ever happened to you personally.......I wonder how many of us would find solace in the words of Mr Mohandas Gandhi ???

I'm with you on this one.......my retribution may not be the most legal way of resolving the matter.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How crap is this, she gets scarred with acid by him, the courts tell her she can return the favour, she wants to, then at the last minute they put it on hold and wont tell her why. Seriously if anyone here was attacked in the way she was, if the courts here gave you the option of "an eye for an eye" as they did over there, I reckon even most Christians would forget their forgiving ways in an instance.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #42
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would be the "restitution" based penalty for speeding ?
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
That's the crux of it isn't it.......

Its always a lot easier to pass judgement when you're twice removed from the situation..........however , if the ShIITE ever happened to you personally.......I wonder how many of us would find solace in the words of Mr Mohandas Gandhi ???
People on here crack the sad's over far less. So I'd say Gandhi is substituted for Van Dam.