Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #31
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

I got 2 wrongs numbers yesterday and 2day, I anciently answered this morning call Grr : , and it was a private number 2, god I hate private numbers , I thought it was my fiancée(gf) but she called me 1st and talked to her and it was on a private number but when she calls its always 2 -3 calls then I call her back, but these calls were just one call, plus it was when I was working 2 when I got the 1st call GRRR,

the call 2nd call I accidently rang up this morning it was weird they answered and put their phone against some music or something , I’m like wtf, so from now on I’m not answering any private number calls if they want to contact me , call me on their mobile otherwise I’m not picking up, they only thing is my home line is private number 2, a few month ago I had some drunk chick abusing me on the phone @ 2am in morning that was really weird, she must’ve got wrong number didn’t realize it was someone else, that’s they only weird wrong number I got , which was so weird, from 2night I will be turning my phone off from 9pm – 12am, so this person who called me 2day and last night doesn’t call again, I was thinking of changing my mobile number since I keep getting these private no. calls from I’ve changed my no. 2 many times so it would costed me $55 to do that.
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #32
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

when i had the shop my number was very close to "glenford tools " and " salvo army"
i would get at least 1 or 2 wrong calls a week.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #33
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Default sick of private numbers try this

hey guys, , getting sick of private numbers on your mobile , i know i am try this new application for n series nokia phones , , its called Handy Blacklist

Here is the link

http://my-symbian.com/s60/download/s...dy%20Blacklist

1. Download The sis file
2. Installed it on your phone
3. Open It
3. Add Number you want to block
- i did private number and unwated calls
4. Try it
5. No more unwanted Callls

btw its only a demo I'm going to try and found a serial number for it.

When i tried it out earlier i called my mobile from my landlane (its a private number) it completely blocked it out, you can't even get through, its like a a firewall, i'm so glad i got this app, no private numbers for me to worry about sweet
Old 20-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #34
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
hey guys, , getting sick of private numbers on your mobile , i know i am try this new application for n series nokia phones , , its called Handy Blacklist

Here is the link

http://my-symbian.com/s60/download/s...dy%20Blacklist

1. Download The sis file
2. Installed it on your phone
3. Open It
3. Add Number you want to block
- i did private number and unwated calls
4. Try it
5. No more unwanted Callls

btw its only a demo I'm going to try and found a serial number for it.

When i tried it out earlier i called my mobile from my landlane (its a private number) it completely blocked it out, you can't even get through, its like a a firewall, i'm so glad i got this app, no private numbers for me to worry about sweet
Old 26-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #35
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
I anciently answered this morning call
Anciently ???? as opposed to modernly?

Quote:
the call 2nd call I accidently rang up this morning it was weird they answered and put their phone against some music or something , I’m like wtf,
dude... you rang them! That means you just became one of those people that you are complaining about..........:

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #36
SiKoRa_eL_97

Love this thread.

Currently im gettin calls from ppl not sayin nethin then hanging up ive gone nuts at em few times but yea no reply

better confiscate his computer.
SiKoRa_eL_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #37
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

When I answer my home phone, I never say a word until I hear them say something first. Most of them hang up so I'm pretty certain its a call center thing.

Had a call center thing ring up the other day asking to speak to Mr. Smith or whatever. I ended up speaking to the poor guy in Cantonese continually saying that I didn't speak English and couldnt understand what he was saying. When he asked "Do you speak English?" I replied "Uhh... err... Engrish? Err... No Engrish." His reply was "Umm... I call back later" and he hung up. hahaha God I love knowing a second language.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #38
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKoRa_eL_97
Love this thread.

Currently im gettin calls from ppl not sayin nethin then hanging up ive gone nuts at em few times but yea no reply
Be careful of that one mate, a few years ago we kept getting late night phone calls, go to answer and they hang up. Same thing happened to our neighbours, during this period they went away for the weekend, come home on sunday and the place was broken into.

Because we live on rural blocks its hard to see/hear anything happening next door and the police concluded the thieves had staked out the area, get the addresses, then call in the middle of the night if no one answers they pay a visit...bastards
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 02:03 AM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had some guy ring me saying how I've been ringing his GFs phone and I was like WTF dude. Anyways if he was as much as a ******** as he came across no wonder she was going elsewhere.

He can try smash me but I would level the ****** cause he sounded like a little *****. Meh toss the ****** over the fence and let "King" deal with him. BIG and I mean BIG German Shepard. I **** myself when I see this dog. Crazy thing rams the fence. Me thanks God for colourbond fencing. He is called King for a reason! :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #40
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Anciently ???? as opposed to modernly?

dude... you rang them! That means you just became one of those people that you are complaining about..........:
oh well if they call me again they wouldn't get through , as i have put a private number blocker on my phone.
Old 27-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #41
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
I got 2 wrongs numbers yesterday and 2day, I anciently answered this morning call Grr : , and it was a private number 2, god I hate private numbers , I thought it was my fiancée(gf) but she called me 1st and talked to her and it was on a private number but when she calls its always 2 -3 calls then I call her back, but these calls were just one call, plus it was when I was working 2 when I got the 1st call GRRR,

the call 2nd call I accidently rang up this morning it was weird they answered and put their phone against some music or something , I’m like wtf, so from now on I’m not answering any private number calls if they want to contact me , call me on their mobile otherwise I’m not picking up, they only thing is my home line is private number 2, a few month ago I had some drunk chick abusing me on the phone @ 2am in morning that was really weird, she must’ve got wrong number didn’t realize it was someone else, that’s they only weird wrong number I got , which was so weird, from 2night I will be turning my phone off from 9pm – 12am, so this person who called me 2day and last night doesn’t call again, I was thinking of changing my mobile number since I keep getting these private no. calls from I’ve changed my no. 2 many times so it would costed me $55 to do that.
seriously???......you hate private numbers but your number is a private number???
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #42
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
oh well if they call me again they wouldn't get through , as i have put a private number blocker on my phone.
I'd hate to be your family member or friends if they ever have to call you from a hospital or police station. I'm pretty sure those places use private numbers.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 27-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #43
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I'd hate to be your family member or friends if they ever have to call you from a hospital or police station. I'm pretty sure those places use private numbers.

yeah i know, i only reason i hate them because all drunked freaks use them , i will take this optipn off my phone during the day ,but then put it back when i start my work shift, which is when i normally get them and yes all them place like police, family members and so on use private numbers t, i just wish optus number didn't use them
:
Old 27-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #44
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I moved into my previous place, I was getting calls for some toy store, the local RSL and a couple of other places. One call was from a lady who had punched in a different number (she checked the display on her mobile) yet I got it. So I rang Telstra telling them there was a fault, and they were telling me it must be an old number used previously, even though I was fielding calls for multiple people and businesses. In the end I changed my number for one that had been out of use for 3 years and have had few issues since. The latter ones have probably more due to misdials. I have an answering machine with the generic message and sometimes I get messages from people - sometimes in foreign languages and all I do is press delete. I'm not wasting a call telling someone they got it wrong.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #45
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
i just wish optus number didn't use them
:
Uhh.... you know Optus can turn that off don't you.

Old 27-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #46
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Uhh.... you know Optus can turn that off don't you.
what ya mean
Old 27-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #47
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

If your family members want to reveal their caller ID, they can. Give a call to Optus and they can change it so their number shows up on your mobile phone.

Old 28-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #48
BlackLS

If you have a number sending home phone, dial 1831 before the number and it will block number sending on that call. Dialing 1832 will send the number on a silent number
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #49
Electric
F6 and AU Fairmont

My name begins with the letter A.

So as a result I get a few sms's and calls a week from peoples bum's, when they leave the keylock off and call the first name in their address book....now when I hear the swooosh swooosh swooosh of them walking about with the phone still in their pocket I hang up.

The best effort was one morning I turned my mobile on and it went nuts and beeped for a full ten minutes.

A bloke at work had his phone in his pocket in the car on his way to work and send me an sms with "7" as the message 42 times.
Old 28-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #50
SiKoRa_eL_97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Be careful of that one mate, a few years ago we kept getting late night phone calls, go to answer and they hang up. Same thing happened to our neighbours, during this period they went away for the weekend, come home on sunday and the place was broken into.

Because we live on rural blocks its hard to see/hear anything happening next door and the police concluded the thieves had staked out the area, get the addresses, then call in the middle of the night if no one answers they pay a visit...bastards
Thanks for the advice a few years ago someone on our street was robbed was a big deal for a long time.

Old 28-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #51
SiKoRa_eL_97

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric
The best effort was one morning I turned my mobile on and it went nuts and beeped for a full ten minutes.

A bloke at work had his phone in his pocket in the car on his way to work and send me an sms with "7" as the message 42 times.
HHAHAAH CLASSIC

Old 28-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #52
webby_191189
low wagooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric
My name begins with the letter A.

So as a result I get a few sms's and calls a week from peoples bum's, when they leave the keylock off and call the first name in their address book....now when I hear the swooosh swooosh swooosh of them walking about with the phone still in their pocket I hang up.
Haha you to.Most People call me AJ instead of my proper name so im usually fist in the phone book and im always getting those calls or texts. Or my number gets deleted lol. It gets annoying but hey im on the call credits thing with telstra so i get free credit when people call me

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #53
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I was early picking up a trailer load of turf from a place and I called the number on the shop front.

I switched 2 numbers and ended up calling a brothel..... She then said, if you want the turf place its its XXXXX829 not XXXXX892 lol

Im guessing this happens all the time.

As for private numbers. I watch friends stare at their mobile ringing saying crap like "nup, its a private number, wont answer it".... even if the person rings several times. I then give them an ear bashing about it.

I dont know whats the deal? What if its a friend calling from a payphone, A Hospital, The Police etc etc.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #54
Jesk
certified nutter

I had some indian bloke keep ringing me looking for someone else his number was 07XXXXXXX and before i changed providers a while back he'd ring several times a week and then for a month would be fine, then it'd happen again. I'd got to know his number well enough that when he rang up I'd simply pick up and say: "g'day mate, wrong number" and he'd always be "sorry, not a again!!" it was hell funny
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #55
Nashy86

some mates of mine moved into a rental flat about 18 months ago, and keep getting some old guy ringing up at odd hours (anytime between 6am and 10pm)
All he says is "its your dad", so they say no your not, "who do u want to speak to?" and he just keeps insisting "no, its your dad, how are you"

its kinda weird/funny/sad at the same time really
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #56
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
As for private numbers. I watch friends stare at their mobile ringing saying crap like "nup, its a private number, wont answer it".... even if the person rings several times. I then give them an ear bashing about it.

I dont know whats the deal? What if its a friend calling from a payphone, A Hospital, The Police etc etc.
I work as a casual for an employment agency so they ring up regularily offering me work at different places. They use a private number so I basically have to answer private numbers.

I had a chick sending me a bunch of love messages. One of them she said "Hey honey, hope you had fun at the gym, I'll see you tonight". I am single, and have only been to a gym about 3 times in my life! lol

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #57
Astaroth
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva

I screen my calls, I also have voicemail.. if it's important, leave a msg :
Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #58
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

My parent have a small business, every so often we will get one of our competitions customers calling up complaining about service thinking they got us to do it.

We go through our records, there is never any sign of them obviously as they arn't our customers, and when they finally do workout it wasn't us doing dodgey work with no invoices, they just say "Your all the same anyway" or something along the lines and hang up after giving our office admin (my mum) and earfull for 30min to an hour wasting her time, never an apology or anything, disgusting behaviour really.
FPV8U is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post