Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #31
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS Nov- Territory overtakes Falcon!

bloody hell only 8 percent of Falcons are EcoLPI? This is a fleet lugger wagon engine, they need the BFIII wagon back.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #32
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
bloody hell only 8 percent of Falcons are EcoLPI? This is a fleet lugger wagon engine, they need the BFIII wagon back.

base model EcoLPI & Diesel Territory?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
That line of questioning was actually started within the company by Polites (iirc) and was not directed at market appeal (which it obviously has) but the fact that there are no whole-of-life operating cost savings to be made by owning a diesel.

Of course the market doesn't see it that rationally and so Ford has gone with the market and will make hay while the sun shines - which will be till the middle east goes pear shaped, then diesel will be prioritised to essential uses and it won't be the greatest idea owning a diesel private car.

The savings of diesel are at the pump only. Personally I'd put my money on gas or at least a petrol engine that can be converted to gas. At least I know I won't have any WOL cost disbenefits compared to diesel.

Of course if you actually need diesel for towing or whatever that's a different issue.
Polites was the one who wanted diesel for Territory, and started the program, it was Gorman who killed it off.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #34
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
ford would sell more fiesta and focus if they spent the money and reconfigured the european indicator stalk for right hand drive.my brother nearly bought the mazda instead of his focus for this reason. also sister in law was top mazda salesperson in sa and she said most decided on the mazda over the ford for this reason penny pinching lack of forsight/customer relations or feed back if you ask me !
So Mercedes Benz, Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati et al. don't care about 'customer's by leaving the indicator on the left?

Wow how dumb are people sometimes, Australians are so gullible when it comes to global products regardless of what you're talking about.

By the way your sister in law is a brilliant salesperson to convince people that..
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Numbers were limited for FG LPi, but LPi builds have increased 50% for FGII.

Its going to take longer than Ford had anticipated to get fleets back on board but they are pushing fleets hard. It hasn't helped that the gas tank supplier can't do their job properly, there have been whole weeks where Ford have not been able to build LPi due to the supplier.

Hopefully with FGII advertising they start mentioning the LPi version.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
ford would sell more fiesta and focus if they spent the money and reconfigured the european indicator stalk for right hand drive.my brother nearly bought the mazda instead of his focus for this reason. also sister in law was top mazda salesperson in sa and she said most decided on the mazda over the ford for this reason penny pinching lack of forsight/customer relations or feed back if you ask me !
That must be why no-one buys any other euro brand as well then...
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #37
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Polites was the one who wanted diesel for Territory, and started the program, it was Gorman who killed it off.
Yes, sorry, I got my CEOs mixed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
base model EcoLPI & Diesel Territory?
Ford have said that they won't do a gas Territory because it must be a 5 seater and they place highest priority on keeping the 7 seat option across the range.

Personally I would be happy with 5 seats with EcoLPI if it was the only option but apparently I don't represent the market.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Very impressed with Territory's sales performance, I wonder how far those
numbers will climb with Ford offering RWD TX for $39,990 drive away..

That must take pressure off FG II to perform right out of the box, especially approaching Christmas.

I'm imagining that Ford's cupboard will be rather bare of 2011 plated stock come January,
now contrast that with the overproduction going on over at Holden, they must have a huge stockpile...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I'd like to know the terri's break up in terms of private/fleet.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I'd like to know the terri's break up in terms of private/fleet.
Very few Territorys get sold to fleets, the patronage is heavily in favor of retail buyers, and diesel ones at that..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Very few Territorys get sold to fleets, the patronage is heavily in favor of retail buyers, and diesel ones at that..

I've seen a fair few territories that are fleet buys. But I remember just before the SZ came out it was pretty much 1private to 1 fleet sale.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I've seen a fair few territories that are fleet buys. But I remember just before the SZ came out it was pretty much 1private to 1 fleet sale.
I think you will find that they were mostly novated leases, the quasi retail buyers but,
around 80 of SY territory sales were in fact I-6 RWD TX and TS models...

I don't have any link but anecdotal evidence of prices being charged for SZ territory
would suggest that the bulk are private sale, mostly mid and high series and definitly Diesel..
RWD I-6 is now lucky to be 20% of sales, hence the offer at $39,990 drive away

At their current production rates in a 20 work day month,
- Broadmeadows is producing 4,000 Terry/Falcon/Utes
- Elizabeth is producing 6,000 commodores and 3,600 Cruze

I know which manufacturer is in trouble and it isn't Ford..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #43
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think you will find that they were mostly novated leases, the quasi retail buyers but,
around 80 of SY territory sales were in fact I-6 RWD TX and TS models...

I don't have any link but anecdotal evidence of prices being charged for SZ territory
would suggest that the bulk are private sale, mostly mid and high series and definitly Diesel..
RWD I-6 is now lucky to be 20% of sales, hence the offer at $39,990 drive away

At their current production rates in a 20 work day month,
- Broadmeadows is producing 4,000 Terry/Falcon/Utes
- Elizabeth is producing 6,000 commodores and 3,600 Cruze

I know which manufacturer is in trouble and it isn't Ford..
The correct answer is all three - Ford, Holden and Toyota, when it comes to Australian production. Nothing to be happy about.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #44
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
The correct answer is all three - Ford, Holden and Toyota, when it comes to Australian production. Nothing to be happy about.
On the contrary,

- Ford is selling everything it is producing, Territory is doing the job for Ford.

- Toyota sales are down but exports are helping with production numbers..

- Holden is over producing by around 4,000/month....
Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On the contrary,

- Ford is selling everything it is producing, Territory is doing the job for Ford.

- Toyota sales are down but exports are helping with production numbers..

- Holden is over producing by around 4,000/month....
I think that kind of talk is not productive, Falcon is selling abysmally. And Holden are not stupid they have plans for the Cruze and 6 year old VE in place. Also you can get a brand new XR6 for $31990, significantly cheaper than a Commodore.

But... Do I get a medal, FINALLY ordered my EcoLPI MkII ute on Saturday (price subject to change hmmm) delivery late Jan/early Feb. It is a fantastic set-up I hope more people jump on the EcoLPI bandwagon. Figure it this way, most people will save at least $30 a week on fuel - which is $120 a month with EcoLPI, take that off your loan repayments and its only costing most people not very much especially considering a Falcon will last at least 10 years before you have to spend any money on it, and I got a 5 year factory warranty. Sad to see the Fiesta go but looking forward to Mrs Brazen getting a Sportwagon and I getting the ute.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #46
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think that kind of talk is not productive, Falcon is selling abysmally. And Holden are not stupid they have plans for the Cruze and 6 year old VE in place. Also you can get a brand new XR6 for $31990, significantly cheaper than a Commodore.
Ford were only building Falcons to order, they have managed the run out beautifully,
Those discount Falcons are in very limited supply as Ford is already building FG II.

I'm thinking some buyers looked at FG and SZ side by side and picked the terry instead

Quote:
But... Do I get a medal, FINALLY ordered my EcoLPI MkII ute on Saturday (price subject to change hmmm) delivery late Jan/early Feb. It is a fantastic set-up I hope more people jump on the EcoLPI bandwagon. Figure it this way, most people will save at least $30 a week on fuel - which is $120 a month with EcoLPI, take that off your loan repayments and its only costing most people not very much especially considering a Falcon will last at least 10 years before you have to spend any money on it, and I got a 5 year factory warranty. Sad to see the Fiesta go but looking forward to Mrs Brazen getting a Sportwagon and I getting the ute.
Excellent news, kudos to you....
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #47
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Excellent news, kudos to you....
thank you I appreciate it. I think the Fiesta was the shortest amount of time I had spent with a brand new car (well the wife anyway) I think about 12 months. But I realise I love my Aussie cars there are no other cars on the planet which are as rugged, comfortable, dependable and beautiful to drive. Simply put, a lot of imports just dont have the substance or the character. We are very bloody lucky.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #48
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes congrats Brazen, they are a pretty good unit, under rated imo, and it`s a great pity they canned the wagon, it would have been a beauty , i suspect even being a bit less kitted out compared to the sports wagon it may well have stolen some good sales with that nice gas engine, then we may not be having this thread about the terri overtaking the with sales , ah well, say lar vee(that`s french) .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #49
BroadyFord

Are there any Ford factories that produce only one vehicle?

I ask because it may be feasible to drop Falcon, ramp-up Territory and then export it.
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #50
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's the bet that the average transaction price of those 1770 Territorys
is much higher than those 1400 odd Falcons, the product mix has changed
perfectly for Ford and is ensuring that Ford is powering along selling all that
the plant now makes.

In a strange way, Territory is to Ford Aust what V8 Commodore sales are to Holden
except that Territory's sales are drought proofed by being mostly fuel efficient diesels.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #51
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord

I ask because it may be feasible to drop Falcon, ramp-up Territory and then export it.
Export it to where? Its only engineered for RHD.

That limits it to Japan (not going to happen) South East Asia, India, South Africa and the United Kingdom.

In the UK it would probably have to be sold at a similar price point to the BMW X5 etc.

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #52
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord

Oh, I think Territory sales will continue to be strong now that Ford has a good diesel in there,
FG II has some interesting irons in the fire that will take time to bear fruit but, I think that long term
Falcon will definitely benefit from Ford pursuing a policy of providing the right engines for the times.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #53
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In a strange way, Territory is to Ford Aust what V8 Commodore sales are to Holden
except that Territory's sales are drought proofed by being mostly fuel efficient diesels.
Followed a Territory this morning on the way into work .. I couldn't work out why even at a distance I could see the damn thing smoking whenever it took off or slowed down. When I finally got closer I saw it was a Titanium so I understood it was a newer model with the diesel.
Might be fuel efficient, but why do they smoke so much??
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #54
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
We have seven new Territories in our fleet of which five are turbo diesels.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #55
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

[CODE] Ford 2011 2010
Ford Escape 173 191
Ford Falcon 1,483 2,368
Ford Falcon Ute 680 802
Ford Fiesta 965 979
Ford Focus 1,222 780
Ford Mondeo 632 303
Ford Ranger 4X2 380 307
Ford Ranger 4X4 653 974
Ford Territory 1,776 971
Ford Transit 117 144
Ford Transit Bus 4 4
Ford Transit C/C 18 21
Ford Total 8,103 7,844

Change 3.3%

Holden 2011 2010
Holden Astra 0 0
Holden Astra Convertible 0 0
Holden Barina 1,283 940
Holden Barina Spark 179 427
Holden Caprice 102 166
Holden Captiva 5 476 425
Holden Captiva 7 958 939
Holden Colorado 4X2 69 137
Holden Colorado 4X4 881 861
Holden Combo 30 40
Holden Commodore 2,808 3,771
Holden Cruze 2,393 2,721
Holden Epica 20 97
Holden Monaro 0 0
Holden Statesman 1 0
Holden Utility 4X2 561 830
Holden Utility 4X4 0 0
Holden Viva 0 0
Holden Total 9,761 11,354

Change -14%

Hyundai 2011 2010
Hyundai Accent 1,048 0
Hyundai Elantra 540 306
Hyundai Getz 0 1,582
Hyundai Grandeur 0 2
Hyundai i20 941 400
Hyundai i30 2,167 1,772
Hyundai i40 86 0
Hyundai I45 586 350
Hyundai iLOAD 464 396
Hyundai iMAX 195 223
Hyundai ix35 1,094 887
Hyundai Santa Fe 393 301
Hyundai Sonata 0 1
Hyundai Tiburon 0 0
Hyundai Tucson 0 0
Hyundai Total 7,514 6,220

Change 20.8%

Jeep 2011 2010
Jeep Cherokee 209 131
Jeep Grand Cherokee 519 28
Jeep Patriot 44 164
Jeep Wrangler 224 206
Jeep Total 996 529

Change 88.3%

Mazda 2011 2010
Mazda BT-50 4X2 400 362
Mazda BT-50 4X4 562 390
Mazda CX-7 1,070 737
Mazda CX-9 423 263
Mazda MX5 17 31
Mazda RX8 5 16
Mazda2 1,449 1,255
Mazda3 3,480 2,980
Mazda6 625 440
Mazda Total 8,031 6,474

Change 24.1%

Toyota 2011 2010
Toyota Aurion 620 802
Toyota Avensis 0 2
Toyota Camry (4 cyl) 978 2,232
Toyota Coaster 28 21
Toyota Corolla 3,731 4,536
Toyota FJ Cruiser 350 0
Toyota Hiace Bus 311 219
Toyota Hiace Van 529 535
Toyota Hilux 4X2 1,127 1,072
Toyota Hilux 4X4 2,205 2,169
Toyota Kluger 1,571 1,548
Toyota Landcruiser PU/CC 586 535
Toyota Landcruiser Wagon 852 781
Toyota Prado 864 1,381
Toyota Prius 97 72
Toyota RAV4 1,577 1,523
Toyota Rukus 119 120
Toyota Tarago 127 93
Toyota Yaris 1,764 2,270
Toyota Total 17,436 19,911

Change -12.4%

Volkswagen 2011 2010
Volkswagen Amarok 4X2 68 0
Volkswagen Amarok 4X4 331 0
Volkswagen Caddy 156 299
Volkswagen Caddy Life/Camper 33 25
Volkswagen Caravelle 1 21
Volkswagen Crafter 27 73
Volkswagen Eos 85 79
Volkswagen Golf 764 1,297
Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 217 0
Volkswagen Jetta 214 162
Volkswagen Multivan 76 105
Volkswagen New Beetle 3 19
Volkswagen New Beetle Cabrio 0 9
Volkswagen Passat 413 140
Volkswagen Passat CC 67 35
Volkswagen Polo 341 526
Volkswagen Tiguan 755 462
Volkswagen Touareg 141 11
Volkswagen Transporter 119 148
Volkswagen Transporter C/C 12 16
Volkswagen Total 3,823 3,427

Change 11.6%
[/CODE]
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #56
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

[CODE] Make 2011 2010
Toyota 17,436 19,911
Holden 9,761 11,354
Ford 8,103 7,844
Mazda 8,031 6,474
Hyundai 7,514 6,220
Nissan 5,834 5,263
Mitsubishi 5,121 5,015
Volkswagen 3,823 3,427
Subaru 2,404 3,378
Kia 2,344 1,983
Honda 2,233 2,488
Mercedes-Benz 2,064 1,836
Suzuki 1,729 1,943
BMW 1,664 1,368
Audi 1,073 1,068
Jeep 996 529
Great Wall 926 607
Lexus 813 921
Isuzu Ute 618 502
Skoda 609 141
Isuzu 572 646
Land Rover 515 405
Volvo Car 505 430
Peugeot 453 402
Renault 402 199
Mitsubishi Fuso 335 286
Dodge 286 272
Hino 240 359
Kenworth 223 212
MINI 207 173
Ssangyong 184 90
Volvo Commercial173 114
Chery 170 0
Fiat 143 112
Iveco 136 132
Citroen 120 150
Proton 108 142
Western Star 100 53
Porsche 91 127
Mack 82 83
Freightliner 80 49
Jaguar 70 51
Nissan UD 67 60
Alfa Romeo 52 60
Scania 49 33
Daf 26 10
Chrysler 24 338
Caterpillar 22 0
Man 20 19
Smart 17 4
Maserati 13 14
Saab 11 2
Hyundai Trucks 11 0
Lotus 9 2
International 9 9
Aston Martin 8 9
Ferrari 7 12
Foton 7 0
Bentley 5 4
Morgan 3 0
Lamborghini 2 2
Rolls-Royce 1 3
Hummer 0 2
Dennis Eagle 0 0
[/CODE]
Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #57
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That list is quite comprehensive but it doesn't include Geely?
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #58
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
That list is quite comprehensive but it doesn't include Geely?
The data provided didn't have Geely.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #59
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Falcon ute outsold commodore ute by over 100 units. Mondeo up 300 units compared to last year (632).

Would mondeo be cannibalising falcon sales or bringing in new sales? Its almost the size of a falcon but has better fuel economy and a diesel option.

It would be interesting to see the sales breakdown of petrol/diesel for mondeo.

Ford need to advertise Ranger more, try to steal some of the Hilux sales (Ranger & Mazda equiv. should be built here).

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #60
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
We have seven new Territories in our fleet of which five are turbo diesels.
Excellent news but what i was talking about was wholesale fleet buys ie, 50-100 in an order,
'I think you'd be hard pressed to find Territory fleet batch orders of that magnitude...