Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #31
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew77
You will be a popular guy
F it mate, iv already lost over 3k on the last 2 strikes and on this one id stand to loose up to 13k with lost wages and fines, Got a court order ording me back to work till the 28th Feb until then I'm working or quitting .

The majority of guys what to be at work they are just being intimidated by the Union Loud mouths on site, A mate of mine who is a strong Unionist from Victoria spoke up against the strike yesterday and he had guys forcefully stop him from talking!!

The unions have just agreed to Moteling with Chevron on gorgon, so how does that work?? the workers are getting played hear, they are just to stupid to relies it.
Old 26-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy109
They probably just wanted Australia day off!

I work FIFO as well (at work currently) and it says nothing in my contract about what standard of accomodation they provide only that it is provided free of charge. At my site all permanent employees get double size rooms and own ensuite. Permanent contractors get single room and shared two way bathroom. Temp contractors get different room every time they return to site and shared bathrooms. The only time they hotbed (nightshift/dayshift) is during major shutdowns and all are cleaned every shift and a locker provided. I would have thought that during construction, nobody would have permanantly had their own room as the majority wouldn't stay on after construction.

I don't think it would be too much to ask to vacate a room when not onsite, and i'm sure they would have to provide lockers for personal items. HOWEVER you didn't sign up for this. If I was in the same situation, I would be trying my hardest to preserve the conditions that I signed on with.
the rosters we work are not set, we have a minimum rostered swing but guys will do anything from 4 to8+ week swings makes it hard to manage rooms, the bonuses we get are calculated on weeks worked the more weeks you work in a row the bigger bonuses you accrue.
Old 27-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #33
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Almost LOL, I'm a Mechanical Fitter for AGC and the BHP job is the Yandi Iron ore mine.

Don't know where he got Hot bedding from, that was a BS story being spread around.
Travel time is not Payed. nothing new there, Travel is sometimes payed if you have to travel say 40+ minutes to site.

There are allot of day dreamers on this job, this is the best payed and easiest job i have been on, yes it has it's issues but some of these idiots who are barely skilled think they are actually worth what they get payed.
Ahh cool cool.

My father is a boilermaker out at Yandi for HWE mining. Good site indeed.

Always are dreamers on construction, feel sorry for the blokes that miss out getting onto site and have blokes pulling the P***, dragging the chain or look for a place to hide. Then there are some that dont even rock up.

I'll wait till I have some commitments to do the FIFO or construction work, down the shutdown circuit last year and enjoyed it, just miss civilisation too much.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #34
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
Ahh cool cool.

My father is a boilermaker out at Yandi for HWE mining. Good site indeed.

Always are dreamers on construction, feel sorry for the blokes that miss out getting onto site and have blokes pulling the P***, dragging the chain or look for a place to hide. Then there are some that dont even rock up.

I'll wait till I have some commitments to do the FIFO or construction work, down the shutdown circuit last year and enjoyed it, just miss civilisation too much.
Yeah me and about 40 other workers have been going against the mob and worked Monday and Tuesday then they voted to stay out till Saturday.

we had a meeting with owe manager at 9am and he advised us that it could get bad and wile they carn't tell us what to do, the site is still open but they advise us to think about owe personal safety... Basically once you leave work ya on ya own to face the Mob !!

I stood up and said that's complete BS and we should be given options to take leave or be stood down till this is resolved. then we all agreed we are walking off the job as Woodside FWW & AGC carn't provide a safe working/ living environment.

I'm so angry right now, We had 3 very experienced guys quit today on top of the 25 that have already quit.