Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #31
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont106
Sorry guys, but until I get it dyno tested I'm happen with the differance it made. I've removed the ducted fan unit and the vortex generator/air whirling device from the in take reconnected the battery took it for a drive, its back to its normal self. revving high but going nowhere. back home half an hr later, mounted the fan back in, stuffed in the vortex generator, this time without disconnecting the battery.

well, what do you no. its alive!!!!.

maybe its the way I build it, that photo you see with the fan attached inside is old news, I've made a cut under the pvc pipe where it joints the inlet like a arch door pointing down to the air filter. when the fan is on for some reason air gets suck in the cut as well {vacuum effect}, even if suction from the engine over comes the thrust from the fan. theres no restriction cause air is getting sucked in throu that cut I made. the hiclone vortex generator I've made also greats a vacuum effect.

Its working for me. and I'm happy with my setup. Oh one more thing "that beutiful note I'm hearing from the exhurst, the muffler swelled up and the sim joints came apart by 2 to 3mm. maybe its the ping I throught I heard during 178kmh which blew the muffler.
So long as your happy with it then thats all good.
Oh, and are you sure its pinging at 178kph? AU utes all have a 180kph speed cutout, it could be that.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 28-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #32
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
how can u change what RPM ur car cruises at?
maybe a strong tailwind, or it was rolling downhil...lol
Old 28-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #33
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
how can u change what RPM ur car cruises at?.
The gear lever seems to work! Rear end ratio change might too.
Old 28-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Hey uncle Ken!! nps matey!!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 28-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #35
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks
Old 28-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #36
mont106

just a normal flat road 1 metre above sea level. my foot just resting on the pedal. before I used to press an inch in to keep it at 60kmh. remember, your standard puter will learn and remap it self to the extra dose of air it'll leave the injectors open alittle longer per pulse cycle. of course disconnecting the battery will help. on my first hook up the idle was all over the place for two days in a roll.

its control by a frequency switch kit from jaycar. cat no:KC-5378. you gonna have to solder up the kit yourself. you can configure it to kick in or off what ever rpm you have the fan to come on. theres even a digital fuel adjuster but I'm not sure if it will hook up to the fords. I'll find that out later.

It is true that a fan component might brake off & f*#" your motor. thats why I've got a wire mash behind the fan.

listen guys, it works for me but don't know if it ill work on others. all depends

Old 28-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #37
mont106

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I agree!!! Also how many amps this thing draws would not be good news. If screw or component came loose it will end up in my inlet valve and back to Mr Ford at GReenacre for a new engine.If this guy is doing the quarter mile in the time he said I would have to say he is driving a ufo. Monty ...you are welcome here mate but unless we are running a 6 litre engine mate I doubt your time.
*11 amps= 132 watts= 24500rpm under a 12 volt load. *theres a non restrictive wire mash behind the fan. *my mistake, it could have been 420m or more. I don't have a metre ruler to measure exactly the dis. who knows, it might be further then that. I just judge the dis visually. but who cares, it flies like an UFO. It would of taken an extra 100-150m to get to 178kmh without my setup.

Old 28-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #38
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
420m or more. I don't have a metre ruler to measure exactly the dis. who knows, it might be further then that. I just judge the dis visually. but who cares, it flies like an UFO. It would of taken an extra 100-150m to get to 178kmh without my setup.
Is the ute a V8 or I6?
I know that my XR6 would take quite a bit more than 500m to get to 180kph, closer to 700 or 800 at a guess.

Old 28-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #39
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Is the ute a V8 or I6?
I know that my XR6 would take quite a bit more than 500m to get to 180kph, closer to 700 or 800 at a guess.
AUll XLS I6 with TourerTop canopy, I get a lot of down force with it, its scary when going over a crest or hill, I can feel my nuts in my stomach and my heart in my throat. hehehe.

I guess around 500 or more cause the maker did'nt look that far. distance can be decieving at times.

Tell you one thing, once going over a 1km hill at 100kmh at2300-2500rpm in the speed limit, speedo and rpm just jumps while still holding the same gear{3rd} the blooding thing pulls to the left like it wants to go offroading, foot of the pedal to slow it down from 125kmh to 100ks & thats was more like a second or two.

Old 28-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #40
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

come on this is just off the planet stuff.

superchargers are superchargers they have positive displacement and work and who cares whether its electric driven or pulley driven it amounts to the same thing more air in at higher pressure.

fans are just fans there is no positive displacement of enough volume of air with a high enough pressure to be anything of real value.

If you work out the amperage needed at 12VDC to drive a supercharger you will fine out that this couldn't work as there isn't enough power in the battery and alternator to do it for more than a microsecond.
Old 28-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #41
mont106

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
come on this is just off the planet stuff.

superchargers are superchargers they have positive displacement and work and who cares whether its electric driven or pulley driven it amounts to the same thing more air in at higher pressure.

fans are just fans there is no positive displacement of enough volume of air with a high enough pressure to be anything of real value.

If you work out the amperage needed at 12VDC to drive a supercharger you will fine out that this couldn't work as there isn't enough power in the battery and alternator to do it for more than a microsecond.
we're not talking about driving a belt driven screw type blower thats 30-60kg. we talking about something that weighs only 117grams= 4.13 ounce, placed in the right space will produce .9 to 1.7psi or 2psi. if it can power a model plane weighing more then a 6kilos at 300-500mph then it works. tell you now it works. all you have to do is go back in history " they say the earth was flat, if you go to the end of the pole theres a drop. one guy said the earth is round and we circle the sun. What did the rest think of his idea????.hehehehe.

my battery isn't flat yet after 150km driving time. remember the frequency switch in this thread from jaycar?. plus I'm running a shorter belt bypassing the air-cond pulley, how many hp gets wasted on that? .5, 1.5, 2, 5hp maybe!. hehehe think outside the square.

Old 28-03-2005, 10:23 PM   #42
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

mont, without a dyno or track number its all speculation. I'd love to see it compared back to back on the dyno myself.

Old 28-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #43
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well guys,

This is all way over my head. But gee I'm enjoying reading the comments going to and fro!

George
Old 28-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #44
mont106

bore a bottle of Slick50 into your engine, slick your auto, slick your diff. slick your wheel bearings. you'll be amazed. my 4.0L is super quite apart from injector and cooling fan when it kicks in at idle. now that I have a slightly blown muffler I don't make the mistake of cranking the starter again when the engine is running. you can't tell some times when you're busy. slippery stuff!!!

Old 28-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #45
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

What sort of alternator are you running?
11 amps is a pretty big load, when the fans kick in the alternator would drag a huge amount from the crankshaft.

The Jaycar Digital Fuel Adjuster will not work with a MAP sensor.

I cant wait to see your dyno sheets.

And i hope you have a good sum of money to repair your engine when the fans let go.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

Old 28-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #46
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

1st up what ever everyone is smoking in here all i can say is
:evilsasmoPUFF PUFF GIVE:evilsasmo

2nd 178kph in an au ute A I6 Au ute over 400 - 500m:
Nup sorry dont buy it at all. As casper pointed out there is no way in hell.

Quote:
we're not talking about driving a belt driven screw type blower thats 30-60kg
No they are proven to actually work

Seriously if your even going to mention some thing like this make sure you have back to back dyno sheets and a heap of timeslips to back it up.
What you have basicly stated is this thing makes your car quicker than a I6 with a 10psi vortec or a Xr8 with cam/manifold/gear changes.
Dont tell anyone about this fan thingo cause you might end up with capa getting a bit upset about losing bussiness ok

Old 28-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #47
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
bore a bottle of Slick50 into your engine, slick your auto, slick your diff. slick your wheel bearings. you'll be amazed. my 4.0L is super quite apart from injector and cooling fan when it kicks in at idle. now that I have a slightly blown muffler I don't make the mistake of cranking the starter again when the engine is running. you can't tell some times when you're busy. slippery stuff!!!
Your kidding right?
BTW, the AU starter will NOT engage when the engine is running.
I smell stooge here.

Old 28-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #48
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

ok, enough, Mont106, where abouts are you? What state, area?

Old 28-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #49
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Slick 50 is the biggest waste of money(snake oil) on the market.

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 28-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #50
xr8ute
Back on the road

mont, there is no doubting your enthusiasm

but the way you are guestimating your results is asking for trouble...especially when the topic is electronic "superchargers", lol.

get your car to the track or at least buy/borrow/steel a g-tech and do some 0-100kph comparisons. I am sure the majority of guys following this thread would love to know the results.

DT
Old 28-03-2005, 11:04 PM   #51
mont106

Quote:
mont, without a dyno or track number its all speculation. I'd love to see it compared back to back on the dyno myself.
To bad we moved away from Sydney, alot of dyno testing facility up there.

I don't think theres one in Hobart, haven't checked. don't even think I've heard of drag runs on the tracks here either. maybe we should move back up.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #52
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
oh dear....
Old 28-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #53
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
To bad we moved away from Sydney, alot of dyno testing facility up there.

I don't think theres one in Hobart, haven't checked. don't even think I've heard of drag runs on the tracks here either. maybe we should move back up.
So your in Tasmania?

Old 28-03-2005, 11:21 PM   #54
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Iwont say it.
:P

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 28-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #55
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

THe tasmania part explains it all :>
Old 28-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #56
mont106

Talking

Quote:
Your kidding right?
BTW, the AU starter will NOT engage when the engine is running.
I smell stooge here.
Hahahaha hehehehe That was very interesting, I thought I stir up abit with the slick50 starter motor abit. hehehehe. just running a dianostic to see what type of reponse I'll get with the engine "thread". did you see all the back pressure and the back fire. hehehehe.

Again, all I can say it works.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #57
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Im guessing it was closer to 1km to get to 178kmh.

Unless your car launches hard enough to either almost get a front wheel off the ground, or can smoke the wheels with no problem for a good 300m, there is no way in hell your running anywhere near 178kmh in 400m.

My car (mild mods but i would bet a bit that it makes more power than your "stock" AU motor) ran 15.4 @ 90mph (144kmh) over 402m.

Sorry, but im going to call bullshit.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #58
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

man id love to see it even boost at idle... if it did id find it amazing.. let alone providing any adavantage under anny load.
It doesnt work :> so get over it.. people have been modding engines for years, you dont see 10 sec drag cars with 20 electric fans pumping air into the motor.. quite posible the biggest load of shit ive ever read
Put it on a dyno post some results.

Last edited by INJECTED_250; 28-03-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 28-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #59
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
What sort of alternator are you running?
11 amps is a pretty big load, when the fans kick in the alternator would drag a huge amount from the crankshaft.

The Jaycar Digital Fuel Adjuster will not work with a MAP sensor.

I cant wait to see your dyno sheets.

And i hope you have a good sum of money to repair your engine when the fans let go.
read the thread right throu. "non restrictive wire mash behind the fan & turbine"
Now I have to tell you everything, there is a extra battery back of the tray. 24volts all togeather of Direct Current juice. the alt doesn't sense a drop in volts at all.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #60
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

The alternators are 110 amp.. that ****y little fan and them **** small wires dont and wont really bother the alternator.. id say the alternator are the least of this conversions problems
Closed Thread