Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
strik9
aka fpv747

Default Re: Detroit Kills GTHO ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Given what has people have said in the R-Spec and W427 threads....

No matter how hard FPV try, it will never be good enough. it could have 500kw, and people will still whinge about the price, how on particular colour combo doesn't suit them and how if you went to such and such you could make a XT go faster.

Drive (like most fairfax/newscorp stuff) seem to rather the dull doom and gloom of the world...

You can't have FPV release to new models and a possible GTHO-like car slated for a motorshow appearence without drawing attention to somthing obvious. Who'd a thought a car would need the green light from executives....
don,t think anyone could argue with 500 kw.they could paint it pink.lol see you point though.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeTwiceXR6
A well known fact is that the 335 is producing a "tiny" bit more power than the claimed 335 in stock guise. To be honest, I am sick of all the people that don't even own a 335/315 saying that a HO is needed without even experiencing the current FPV offering. There are way too many dreamers on here that have a critical opinion of the current FPV offering, and that really stinks. The current FPV line-up is the best Ford Aus has ever made.
Quoted for the truth. I know I am biased as there is one in my driveway. But that is such an awesome car it's hard to communicate it to people. It's quick, smooth, quiet, points well. I love it.

As for the GT-HO name plate. Leave it in the past. The new RSpec, (which effectively is a "Handing Option") and it's offspring should set there own agenda from here.
Old 15-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: FPV's Thoughts on reviving GT-HO (Drive.com)

At least Mears had the common sense and foresight to make this comment :

"For someone to say I'm going to make one of those is really an impossible task because we will never ever get it right."

Sums it up really - the original HO was measured by its success on the track - if they ever built a modern day iteration - how will it be measured - what will make it a HO - why should it be a HO etc etc ??????????????????

Let it sleep.........
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #34
BluXR6T

Smile Re: Detroit Kills GTHO ????

Quote:
I had a similar experience. For years I had been pro-XR6T, without ever actually experiencing a ride or drive in one. I was just going off what I had read on here about how fast they are and all I was waiting for was to get off my P's and I was going to get sell my XR6 and step into an XR6T.
This all changed February this year! My brother owns a 335 GT-P and I went for a 2 hour drive with him. Pulling out of the street where I live was all that I needed. I wasn't driving, but the blower sound and the exhaust note, this thing was filling every void that my XR6 could never fill, and I wasn't driving! That day, I saw the light. FPV had finally built a factory V8 that is a very, very fast car that has character, and is daily driveable.
My time came late April this year. It was a choice between an F6 Ute or GS. For me, the GS wasn't the complete package, but I was determined to make it the complete package. The purchase was made, 6 piston Brembos + matching rear PBR upgrade, Herrod Intercooler, Yella Terra blower snout, 1000cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, and Spiro's magic at Autotech, and 423rwkw was possible in a daily drive!

I went for a test drive in a FG XR6T as a possible new car for my wife 2 days ago, fast car and that's probably all I can say about my XR6T experience.
I owned a BA then a FG XR6T, both fantastic cars. But yes when you drive the GT it fills in, like you say them voids, that blower noise is very very addictive.
BluXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #35
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Detroit Kills GTHO ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluXR6T
I owned a BA then a FG XR6T, both fantastic cars. But yes when you drive the GT it fills in, like you say them voids, that blower noise is very very addictive.
Aaaaahhh the blower noise, driving satisfaction even at low speeds

And to think that today I went and put a deposit down on one of the last German Focus'...........FOR MY WIFE!!!!
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #36
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

Quote:
A well known fact is that the 335 is producing a "tiny" bit more power than the claimed 335 in stock guise. To be honest, I am sick of all the people that don't even own a 335/315 saying that a HO is needed without even experiencing the current FPV offering. There are way too many dreamers on here that have a critical opinion of the current FPV offering, and that really stinks. The current FPV line-up is the best Ford Aus has ever made.
well said buddy
Old 16-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #37
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Detroit Kills GTHO ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
well said buddy
Thanks buddy
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post