Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: 8/4/2014 - FPV Announcement

Whats with no pictures...did they send an automated text out?

You would be a bit happier owning a Black/Red R-Spec, I think thats going to go down as the more "stand out" model.

Who was talking about retro colours?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #32
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yawn... Bring on the FH as this sounds crap
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #33
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

this line: "The complete GT F sedan specifications will be released closer to launch"

gives me some, but only a little hope that the engine will be more then just the 335... hopefully they actually come thru for once...

I just wish they did a F6310 R-spec or something as well! as its the modern day hero car for so many!

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #34
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I don't see the need to increase the power.
I think being the final GT it should consist of more refining the product, better ride, handling and some nice features added to the interior. The car should shout out that it is the final Falcon GT, the top of the Falcon tree.
Pricing looks better than the estimated 90k.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #35
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

I would say that pics will give away the secret that they are trying to hold on to and try to create some sort of excitement around... as with all of the last V8s from the BA, the Sticker pack will include the Power somewhere... and with no pictures, i am thinking that they are hiding the power figures from us... hopefully for a good reason!

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #36
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

They really dont have the time, smarts or product to be playing games. Just get it done.

Maybe they are worried about hurting current sales until this is out? I would have thought "selling out" this model would be enough for them, then close the doors.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #37
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
this line: "The complete GT F sedan specifications will be released closer to launch"

gives me some, but only a little hope that the engine will be more then just the 335... hopefully they actually come thru for once...

I just wish they did a F6310 R-spec or something as well! as its the modern day hero car for so many!
I think it is shameful they arent doing anything with the F6. The F6 was the car that put Ford back in the hardcore performance sedan game in the 2000's. It developed a strong reputation and rightly so.

As I said earlier, the release is totally silent on powertrains for the sedan. Given they have basically given full disclosure as to the 315 being in the special edition ute version, you'd think that if the sedan was remaining as-is, they would have said so.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #38
Oldbugger

Reading the announcement there will be no Vixen or Red variant?

We all know red cars go faster especially with stripes
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #39
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Pursuit Ute is crossed between the current GS Ute with the F6 front end, side skirts and no power upgrade..
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #40
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
I would say that pics will give away the secret that they are trying to hold on to and try to create some sort of excitement around... as with all of the last V8s from the BA, the Sticker pack will include the Power somewhere... and with no pictures, i am thinking that they are hiding the power figures from us... hopefully for a good reason!
There wont be more power mate, maybe different stickers to more accuratly reflect the current power. Trans can't handle it and have acceptable durability to Ford and they have stuff all development money, as in almost zero !!
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #41
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-GTS View Post
I see what has happened. The demand for a final GT was so strong they have been able to save their spend and cut back on the planned "351" upgrades.

They figure the fact it is the final GT means it will sell out regardless of the actual offering and they haven't had to spend any real money on upgrades.

If the 550 units sell out between now and when they release complete details of the
GT-F sedan specifications you can bet your bottom dollar there will be no change to power output or GT-P seats.

I see lame.
Only other reason i can think of is that they are still working on it. Maybe they are struggling with reliability.
Why would they not divulge power figures? It would create more excitement than what they just gave us which would in turn generate sales. Slightly odd and we are not seeing the full story just yet.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
I think it is shameful they arent doing anything with the F6. The F6 was the car that put Ford back in the hardcore performance sedan game in the 2000's. It developed a strong reputation and rightly so.

As I said earlier, the release is totally silent on powertrains for the sedan. Given they have basically given full disclosure as to the 315 being in the special edition ute version, you'd think that if the sedan was remaining as-is, they would have said so.
Would have cost them SWA to do aswell. Got to have a reason to buy and pay the premium for a GT I guess.

Maybe they are quiet on the sedan to get the orders locked in? Smart money is on the XR8, heart is with the GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
Only other reason i can think of is that they are still working on it. Maybe they are struggling with reliability.
Why would they not divulge power figures? It would create more excitement than what they just gave us which would in turn generate sales. Slightly odd and we are not seeing the full story just yet.
Perhaps but doubt it, the development doesnt stop at 335kws..they have to have some tolerance above the claimed output that meets their internal guidelines. I cant remember the % though. Either way "351" wouldnt be hard, no harder than "340".
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #43
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
The Pursuit Ute is crossed between the current GS Ute with the F6 front end and side skirts.
Isn't that what the R-Spec Pursuit ute had anyway? But the price is much better than the R-Spec ute...

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #44
Focused

Quote:
The complete GT F sedan specifications will be released closer to launch. The limited-edition Pursuit Ute will continue to be powered by the impressive all-aluminium supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine, which produces 315 kW of power at 5,750 rpm and 545 Nm of torque @ 2,000 – 5,500 rpm.
The lack of reference to the sedan's specifications is quite a big hint...

The lack of photos kinda sucks, though...
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #45
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford celebrate the GT and give us one last model...yet people are complaining?

#neverhappy #fordcantwin #typicalAFF

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #46
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Overboost....Ford's marketing term that reflects the previously silent 'lets give it more power and tell nobody!' (even back to the GTHO)

As a user said recently who the heck keeps the pedal flat for more than 20 seconds anyway?

Something living in the background here....extra power, R-Spec bits, possible tweaks of launch, possibly the quickest GT produced. That adds a little apple sauce to the 'i want' that is yet to be determined.

It's all nice to say you can tune any Miami to get big numbers, but you could do that with any car and it isn't valued to the extent showroom grunt is. Lets see what they come up with before we wield the rubber mallet.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #47
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

GT R Spec Sold OUT although AFF members put threads up they won't sell, they are no good, they are too expensive, they don't have enough tech, they have the wrong tyres and the list goes on...................

GT F will sell out as well - well done FPV

Just another Ford/FPV bash thread for the usual suspects who do not have enough cash to buy one anyway .....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #48
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

A bit disappointed actually that the 351 didn't make the table.
Not sure if I'll follow through with my deposit now.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #49
buggo
[BU66OS]

I know it says the Pursuit is getting the GT bar, but could a lack of photos sugest the Black Edition bar could be going on the GT F, or is that just never going to happen?

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #50
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
The lack of photos kinda sucks, though...
Maybe that is because the FH is not released yet

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #51
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
GT R Spec Sold OUT although AFF members put threads up they won't sell, they are no good, they are too expensive, they don't have enough tech, they have the wrong tyres and the list goes on...................

Just another Ford/FPV bash thread for the usual suspects who do not have enough cash to buy one anyway .....
Yep, just the usual bunch of ******* clowns having the usual sook
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #52
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:

Took nearly a year to sell all the RSpecs. There were plenty available when I bought mine 8 months after the release.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #53
Focused

Quote:
I've been led to believe that this GT-F will be based on the FG2 and not the FH.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #54
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Perhaps but doubt it, the development doesnt stop at 335kws..they have to have some tolerance above the claimed output that meets their internal guidelines. I cant remember the % though. Either way "351" wouldnt be hard, no harder than "340".
You would think that they would have "bundled" the testing and certification approval at the same time it was all developed, unless the decision to cut the third tune out of the loop was done so to save money (most likely).

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #55
v8der
Naturally Aspirated

FPV make an announcement of the [F]inal GT and...

people still have a big sook...

It would be quite sad if it wasn't so funny.

1993 EBII Fairmont 4sp auto Biscayne Blue

Previous Forms of Transportation:

1978 302 V8 XC | 1982 4.1L XD | 1994 ED Fairmont | 2000 AUII XR6 | 2002 AUIII XR8 | 2003 BA XR6 } 2011 SZ Titanium Territory | 2006 BF Pursuit BOSS 290 6spd manual #57 | 2003 BA Fairmont 5.4L 4spd auto |
v8der is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #56
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great.. I like it!
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #57
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Pursuit sounds kinda tempting, would be nice if it had the brembo brakes and wider rear wheels.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #58
AGS302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The release of the FH has nothing to do with this. The last GT is still an FG2.
2009 FPV GS 302 #250/250
ZF And Leather
*Herrod Airbox *X-Force 2.5" Cat Back
Custom tuned by Ben at Auspeed Tuning Mackay to 270.5rwkw.
AGS302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #59
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

If I might retort to those who are critcising others who are not impressed by this news, this forum has seen countless posts, pages and threads building up hype and excitement around the forthcoming final GT Falcon and it's plentitude of 351kw output rumours. I think it's fair to understand that some will be left deflated that, after all the afforemention hype and excitement build up, Ford didn't deliver when it also did nothing to quash the rumours.

Hear hear, to those that are disappointed, I am not in the position to buy a GT, but I'm more than entitled as a long term Ford enthusiast to suggest that I'm disappointed that Ford hasn't gone out with a bang.

(This of course, is subject to change if Ford later drops a bombshell)
Old 08-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #60
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post
The release of the FH has nothing to do with this. The last GT is still an FG2.
Yeah I did say maybe - thanks for the Clarification

The GT F sedan has a Manufacturer’s List Pricing of $77,990

What was the Rspec's List Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD View Post
If I might retort to those who are critcising others who are not impressed by this news, this forum has seen countless posts, pages and threads building up hype and excitement around the forthcoming final GT Falcon and it's plentitude of 351kw output rumours. I think it's fair to understand that some will be left deflated that, after all the afforemention hype and excitement build up, Ford didn't deliver when it also did nothing to quash the rumours.

Hear hear, to those that are disappointed, I am not in the position to buy a GT, but I'm more than entitled as a long term Ford enthusiast to suggest that I'm disappointed that Ford hasn't gone out with a bang.

(This of course, is subject to change if Ford later drops a bombshell)
So how can you be disappointed that FPV has not gone out with a bang?
There is no real data on the GT-F?
No Power Figures and No Photos?
All they have done is confirmed they are releasing one more GT and you and others are already posting your disappointment with no real data to back up your comments.
So the rumours still stand, what has changed? Oh that is what has changed a GT IS COMING

A lot of posts I saw on here are there are no Brembo's - GT-F has this
It needs more tyre on the rear - GT-F has this
Rspec gear should be fitted as standard to a GT - Ummm GT-F has this as well
As well as everything else as stated in the press release

So we get all the above as requested then instead of being excited about this the regulars post how disappointed they are as it won't be a 351 or it won't look good

I even saw a post where it stated it's just a sticker pack.

NO POWER FIGURES HAVE BEEN RELEASED
NO PHOTOS HAVE BEEN RELEASED

Come on get real - disappointed with no details about the complete package lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:

Last edited by Sorted; 08-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.