Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I really don't know what our society is comming to when people like this are let off, all it does is encourage them that they are above the law and can do as they please.
It really disheartens me to hear that thing's like this even happen.

I have just come back from a walk with my wife and our two little dog's from the peir here at Apollo Bay,
On the way back there were two girl's that just come onto the beach with their two big Lab dog's, (no leash's), anyway as we approached them I was weary that their dog's would see us and attack,
And yes they did, they started to run toward's us and agresively.
we didn't have much time to grab our dog's as I was watching the others and what they would do, but we did grab them and I sank the boot into these dog's a few time's while holding my little pup.
They still kept attacking us, so I still kept kicking them, untill they retreated.
But all the time the owner's were just walking by and yelling at their dog's to come back.
I could see this was all about to happen as soon as we got close to them, why they wern't on chain's like our's were, really annoyed me, but it all come's down to the type of people today.
No respect for anything.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #32
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I might go and rob a bank and when I'm caught, claim I was raped by several of my teachers, the priest at the local church and as a result am suffering from post-traumatic stress, and have developed a drug and alcohol problem....and I'll get off!

Now, I'm not trivialising the issues above (so please don't can me), but it annoys me when the above are used as a cop-out for people who have no regard for others.

The mother was not drinking at the time...she's just a bathering toadie idiot who has no respect for others, and has no idea how to raise a responsible child.

As harsh as it sounds, it is in the best interest of the child to be taken away from the parent to be brought up in a responsible household where bad deeds are punished.

Society is falling into a sinkhole due to the stupidity of our judicial system.

I actually want to leave the country, because there is too much freedom for criminals, while the victims are left behind, unless it's a heartstring story like Corey (the blink kid who is bullied at school), where rightfully his case is pushed further due to the unreasonable inactivity of the school in dealing with an issue.

THe media play a larger part in justice than the courts. It's crap.

Time to start a posse?

Don't snap my undies.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #33
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
i think energy drinks are making our kids too strong

LOL!
i dont know if that was meant to be a joke but you just had me in stitches
what a funny remark!
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #34
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

What a Joke... Way to set an example for your daughter mommy dearest....
Should be punished harder than this....
.......If it was a Father that was encouraging , im sure a jail sentenced would have been imposed, alcoholic or not.... seems that sometimes we give to much leniency towards care givers ....not that this halfwit clown woman is much of a caregiver....
And yes i dont know her and i dont know her situation...but i know many in bad situations..yet they still manage to hold some dignity and try and teach their children some decent values....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #35
dannyxm
was danny888

Its a terrible thing to have happened to one of our most vunerable people in society.

Im sorry for puting up such a thread. It is aparent there is an underclass of scum that live of welfare and contribute nothing to society.

Bogans breed bogans. Working as a Solicitor and dealing with a lot of Legal Aid matters, there are such people just float through life, as we all here work / study hard to achieve things in life.

I often sit in my office speaking with a Legal Aid funded client and ask questions on what is going on with their lives? Job prospects? Study? Effort in looking for work? How you feel after doing a criminal act?

Most of these questions fall on deaf ears and i always see them in and out of court rooms, breaching bonds and such.

I can only imagine what my mother would have done to me if i acted in such a manner. Its beond comprehension to even begin to imagine her egging me on to hurt a disabled girl.

As GT John has said, its all about values. Not teaching your child values is totally unacceptable.

Last edited by dannyxm; 04-12-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #36
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

There is way too much generalizing thru this thread, its hard to even distinguish between the legitimate posts and the rest of the garbage in here. Some people just need to go back and objectively re-read their posts and consider the possibility that what was written was just ridiculous.

It's not iPods, Brinteny Spears, Big Brother, Bogans, Gen X,Y,Z,Q,R or W, it's one idiot and her kid that did something morally and legally wrong. You can't just say that anybody that's born in a particular era and watched reality TV is a delinquent.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #37
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Bogans should be castrated at birth.

There I said it.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #38
ch33z1l
Dawn

Place them in the disability wing of a hospital or nursing home for 3 months doing weekend work so they can see just what those with a disability go through each day. Might open their eyes a little
Old 04-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #39
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
There are two 'generations' of Gen Y anyway.

Some grew up with Britney Spears, reality TV/Big Brother/Idol and iPods. They are selfish, arrogant young people who have only just acquired legal independence and due to a lack of morals and values, think they're individually the best and most important person ever, and think everybody else is the problem.

Some born in the early 80s despise the other generation of Gen Ys and have parents who were born during or just after World War II and have been taught manners and courtesy, and hate reality TV, iPods and Britney Spears.
I grew up on a little show called, "Sesame Street", I listened to Peter Combe as a kid (I washed my face in Orange Juice - not dress like a skank) on a cassette player (CDs were not around), and entertainment was playing cricket or hide and seek with my brothers.

In 10 years a 'generation' changed a hell of a lot...

So while Gen Y can fairly be interpreted as shits, a lot of us aren't.
I consider myself a Gen X'er, although I am technically a Y.
I disagree with ' generation y ' or at least disagree with the who and what makes you gen y. I think most of generation y that are over 25 would indentify alot more with generation x. If it came primarily down to pop culture, which apparently it does according to media and those who set the rules.

Britney Spears, Ipods and reality television, these are reflections and realities of modern life rather key points to define a generation, and are really just the advancements from Generation X's Madonna, Walkmans/Discmans and Crash/MTV type television of the 1990s.

Generational gabs should be defined by values and beliefs of those in a certain age bracket at say a snap shot in time. Defined by those between the ages of their early to mid 20s to their mid 30s over a 10-15 year period. Rather than being influenced by that of erratic and really, just typical 13-18 year old kids.

The true definition of generation y wont be defined till the majority of the tail end are over the age of 20-25.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #40
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

kids these days just have no idea how the world outside their mobile phones works. back in the day you could call in to mcdonalds on the way from one job site to another and grab a big mac and chocolate shake in about 5 mins. the burgers were lined up like soliders waiting to head into battle. now days the kids running these places take forever to make the simplest burger while they chat amongst themselves about chinese minibikes and god help you if theres a yuppy infront of you ordering some vegan wrap that will confuse the kid for another 15 mins while i stand there dreaming of sending all these kids into national service
Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #41
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its a bit much to discredit an entire generation based on the actions of teenagers. If that were true, every one thats part of Generation X is nothing more than a lazy, dirty slacker wearing a Nirvana shirt.

I think the notion that " kids these days " is summing up the entire debate. Those prior to WWII looked down on the Baby Boomer generation for its radical change in values, The Boomers looked down on Generation X as slackers and bums, while Gen X sees Gen Y as violent, arrogant and ignorant idiots.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #42
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She can receive treatment for alcoholism in prison.
It's called cold turkey.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #43
dsyfer

It is the nature of our legal system being based upon what has come before, it is inevitable that it will get watered down over time. As each new precedent sets a lower bar for the next case.

Our legal system should be based upon the impact and effects of the victim/s, and not on the background/upbringing, problems of the perpetrator, that needs to be used for rehabilitation not accountability.

There has always been these type of people around, it is not generation based (unlike quality of service), we just hear about it more and faster now.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #44
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
Place them in the disability wing of a hospital or nursing home for 3 months doing weekend work so they can see just what those with a disability go through each day. Might open their eyes a little

Noble, but I think it would be lost on these troglodytes.
They'd probably stand there and laugh all day long.

As for Gen Y and maccas, go there and order a big mac and a large coke; your order will come to $5.95. Then, pay with a $20.00 note and a $1.00 coin, then sit back and watch the fun begin.
They're calling managers and other staff for help; it's hilarious.

Quote: