Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #31
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
When I started out life as an apprentice i spent 10 hours a day over a drum of petrol washing and cleaning motor parts and I suffered absolutely no ill effects from being in close proximity to Sandra Bullock. SO for everyone that said drinking draino is bad for you, consider me a specimen that proves there are no ill effects from Eating Dirt.

I hope I made myself clear.
LMAO... Literally in tears ! :
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #32
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseTaco
Thats just incredible. You think people would have a clue. What do you THINK its going to do to your brain? I bet they are all real prone to lung cancer and other things. I bet sniffing gas is 10000 times worse than smoking. I guess one positive aspect is that the two are sort of mutually prohibitive.
Simple. They don't care about the physical, psycological and other problem's associated with it, they just want to get high. They're not concerened how long they live or who else it affects either.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #33
rodderz

A guy I used to work with was saying many years back some shops up north used to sell chilled bottles of Methylated Spirits, as people used to drink that if they didnt have enough cash for alcohol, and complained if they were warm....
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #34
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When I started out life as an apprentice i spent 10 hours a day over a drum of petrol washing and cleaning motor parts and I suffered absolutely no ill effects from being in close proximity to Sandra Bullock. SO for everyone that said drinking draino is bad for you, consider me a specimen that proves there are no ill effects from Eating Dirt.

I hope I made myself clear.
The toxic avenger!! :baby bott
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Up Cape York way the petrol pumps are locked inside cages so the aboriginals can't get to it, and if you want petrol it has to be unlocked and then filled by the station worker. Apparently now these communities only sell leaded petrol now as it doesn't give them the much of a high, or it kills them quickly, can't remember which.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #36
EL_Advanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Up Cape York way the petrol pumps are locked inside cages so the aboriginals can't get to it, and if you want petrol it has to be unlocked and then filled by the station worker. Apparently now these communities only sell leaded petrol now as it doesn't give them the much of a high, or it kills them quickly, can't remember which.
ouch! thats a bit harsh....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #37
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares? Leave em to it.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:57 PM   #38
slowEL
Got gas

I agree PULLY6..... all the money and shrinks in the world wont stop those lot from sniffin BPs finest.
slowEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #39
ImpulseTaco
n00b

I don't necessarily think they(the authorities I guess) should turn a blind eye to it all, but I do think its in the greater economic interest of the nation as a whole to have petrol easily accessable. I can only imagine what a pain in the *** it must be to get somebody to come uncage the pump so you can buy 2 gallons of gas for your lawn mower or dirt bike. Heaven forbid if your an out of towner who stumbles on one of these comunities with no gasoline, or if you need a tank at an odd hour.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 AM   #40
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Elephants? In Octember?

YEs sour me old mate , They migrate here form the southpole at this time annualy . Come to think of it they might even come here every year !!!!! :

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #41
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseTaco
I don't necessarily think they(the authorities I guess) should turn a blind eye to it all, but I do think its in the greater economic interest of the nation as a whole to have petrol easily accessable. I can only imagine what a pain in the *** it must be to get somebody to come uncage the pump so you can buy 2 gallons of gas for your lawn mower or dirt bike. Heaven forbid if your an out of towner who stumbles on one of these comunities with no gasoline, or if you need a tank at an odd hour.
If your an out of towner stumbling in to one of these communities, fuel is going to be the least of your problems...
It's a situation where no matter what the authorities do to educate these people, or what measures are put in place to help them, they don't care and they don't want the help. They're more than happy with their life. The many attempts to change or help improve standard of living, education etc, have ended mainly in them returning to old habits.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #42
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
YEs sour me old mate , They migrate here form the southpole at this time annualy . Come to think of it they might even come here every year !!!!! :
The only time they don't come over is when octember falls on the third blursday of the 7th week in christember. Here the pink elephants fly to tazzy and catch the spirit of Australia to Melb.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post