Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #31
billyb35

I'm confused with the marketing of this product?

It's a GT-P without the spoiler and stripes? Not trying to be dismissive but I hope the development of this model didn't cost a fortune
billyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Actually i dont mind the Force range and id probably chose one (force 6) over a typhoon mayb its just the stealth look i guess. Wheels on F6 look horn as love em
Old 26-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #33
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb35
It's a GT-P without the spoiler and stripes? Not trying to be dismissive but I hope the development of this model didn't cost a fortune

No No NO, come on, your missing the wood paneling on the doors !!! : :

Im sorry, but i would and hope to be, going a GT-P, NCO auto & leather is how the GTP should have been ALL ALONG !!!!!! I couldnt give a crap the SS & HSV is quicker, GT-P is a drivers car, and has hot street cred and appearance
Old 26-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #34
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Is the car in the middle of the AFF logo going to be updated?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow. Looks just like a GT, except it has different seats, no big wing and a badge that says Force 8. It's a ridiculous idea. If they wanted it to be different, they should have gone for a unique styling. Like the Typhoon difference in styling to the GT. I don't see any thought process that make sit all that different to it's stable mate's.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #36
Steffo
LPG > You

So BFII has 290kW 520Nm in the GT as before? Great! So in other words, its slower then every VX-VY-VZ-VE Commodore V8, and all the BA+ Turbo Sixes. And is the "hero" car.

What would give someone who bought an FPV GT BA in 2003 the motivation to upgrade? The same car with an extra gear? Their own investment into it which is far cheaper then getting the newer car would make it exponentially better then FPV's useless upgrades.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #37
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no big changes, but they still look hot as, id drive one any day of the week over any bombadoore equivelent, i think the force series is a crack at what the GS used to be in the good ol days...
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #38
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I think it is a great idea and my next FPV will probably be one.
Not sure if you read my post in the other thread, but I agree that the concept is sound - and they are providing something that we have asked for since FPV was born, in the luxury variant of an FPV vehicle.

Where they have really rogered the donkey though is PRICE. Both models and particularly the Force6 just simply cannot justify their pricetag when you line them up spec for spec with both the existing FPV models, and the competitors (especially ones such as SRT8).

My beef is not with the cars at all but with the pricing! (Oh and the lack of a manual box)
Old 26-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #39
dps
Starter Motor

Spot on MrSparkle. Can't believe the pricing. Even down lower for the new Typhoon. OK auto is NCO but the XR6T dropped so I expected (hoped?) to see similar for the Typhoon. A GT is now only $400 more expensive than a Typhoon! Makes my choice even harder.
dps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #40
RATT

Funny how (as Flappist said) that most of the critics of the Force range have never sat their bum in any FPV let alone driven one. And saying that every FPV has never been as quick as the equivelent HSV, without having actually driven both is also silly.
It's a great idea and I am hopeful that it continues.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #41
Sprint347
Tickford

i predict a failed attempt as per the T-series... but i hope not

i'd give my soul for a black Force 6
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #42
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Why has Ford felt the urge to start a whole new model?

Lets face facts, these cars are just GT's or F6's without the rear spoiler, have slightly different seats (that if based of the ghia ones are less supportive than the FPV ones) and have different badging; oh and they dont have stripes but I bet some owners will put them on anyway.

Why didn't they just make all of these options. If I am spending ~60-70k on my falcon then I should be able to choose between two different spoilers and what interior I want.

I would probably stop bagging them if the front end atleast (since thats the only new thing in the BF range that is distinguishable) was like the BF2 Ghia, and then just with a more aggressive bumper to match the FPV look.

Also you dont need to have owned an FPV to have an informed opinion about it. There are thousands of other ways to have "experienced" a FPV.

I own an EL Ghia, like yourself previously, and in the not to distant future I will own a FPV if they are still around, so its not like I am that far off the target market other than age. So to completely dismiss ones opinion based on previous ownership is not right.
What is the difference between a Fairmont Ghia and a XT?
Nothing at all, just a few bits of plastic and seats and wheels and stuff.
You want a bling bling FPV, I do not. This means that FPV sell two cars, one of each.
If you hate the Force then don't buy one. It is not as though FPV are dropping the Typhoon or GT. They are just alternatives.
I nearly cancelled my original order for my GT-P when I was mistakenly told that stripes were mandatory. I don't like stripes. Others do. If they like them, they order them, that is their choice.

The statements made above about the GT or GT-P or F6 being the same car with different stripes only highlights that none of them have actually driven all the different models.

A GT and a GT-P drive and feel totally different. Even if you option up a GT with all the GT-P bits that you can they are STILL totally different.
Drive a GT for 10 hours and then drive a GT-P, you will understand.

I have a GT-P interior in my F6. I aquired it to replace the leather F6 interior because it is THAT MUCH BETTER to drive in. Others may not like it but I do and as I spend about 800 hours a year driving i.e. 16 hours a week or so, I want the most comfortable ergonomic platform I can.
When I sell the F6 I will restore the original interior and sell the GT-P one or use it in something else.
I also have different, springs, cambre kit, shockies and tyres all of which are more suited to highway driving. Other than a filter my drive train has no bolt on modifications because it goes fast enough......

I would remove the front body kit and wing if I could without spending money as the front is constantly scraping the ground and the wing just an impedement to rear vision.

I buy cars to drive, not to show, or pose, or love, or spend hours cleaning and polishing.
Others like to do those things and that is their choice.

I have not driven a Force yet but if it has a "good" an interior as the GT-P and it performs as well as a F6 and it is subtle and unobvious as a Ghia then IT IS MY TYPE OF CAR.

Why is this wrong? Why must I be forced to buy something that is not exactly what I want?

I had a Ghia.
I wanted more performance.
I bought a blueprint GT-P. It was great except it drew too much attention.
I sold it and bought a basic F6.
It went better but did not stop and was a bit "povvo" inside.
I sold it and bought another F6 in lightning strike with brembos, leather, satnav etc.
It is great and also draws much less attention.
I missed my GT-P seats so I bought a GT-P interior.
Now FPV have released what I think is my perfect car......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #43
jeffchalker

Default Blah Blah

HO HUM
BLAH BLAH
IMO
Lets redesign the wheel and give it a new name
Get your act together FPV - your soft
This is the trouble with you lot - you get UNI Students to do statistical surveys and release a car that has no affiliation with Ford Performance Vehicles.
The sooner you get enthhusiasts back in your company, the sooner you will have a product that is represents your customer base.
You have very little credability and you a riding on a reputation of 30+ years ago.
You should have changed the name from Force 8 or Force 6 to
Metrosexual 8 or HOMO 6
Enough said
jeffchalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #44
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

haha and WTF is with the chrome mirrors!!!
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #45
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A ridiculous waste of money, all it does is deminish the GT name. It has no place in the fpv line up and will sell poorly, pathetic effort.
Old 26-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #46
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

its farken ****, looks like a XT with a body kit, but with a staggering price tag, its a let down, force 8 would led u belive theres a blower, but no, ford dissapoints us again..
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #47
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchalker
HO HUM
BLAH BLAH
IMO
Lets redesign the wheel and give it a new name
Get your act together FPV - your soft
This is the trouble with you lot - you get UNI Students to do statistical surveys and release a car that has no affiliation with Ford Performance Vehicles.
The sooner you get enthhusiasts back in your company, the sooner you will have a product that is represents your customer base.
You have very little credability and you a riding on a reputation of 30+ years ago.
You should have changed the name from Force 8 or Force 6 to
Metrosexual 8 or HOMO 6
Enough said
what do you drive?
Old 26-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #48
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
I like the look of the phoons new 18inch wheels..the force dont appeal to me that much but whack a phoon wing on either force and they would look alot better in my eyes.
Look a lot better? Or look like a GT with F6 wheels?

Yawn. Fair enough, there's a slot for a performance luxo car (whoops, almost said barge). But it's a pretty half arsed effort. New seats and badges is about all at the end of the day. You don't even get unique wheels for your $72k.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #49
jeffchalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden
what do you drive?
HI Jayden
I have a BF GT-P
jeffchalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #50
335JET
@jas_23_

I agree with jeffchalker,
Ford and FPV should employ or at least listen too the enthusiasts, rather than the surveys they do.
When im in the market for an FPV i will definately not get a Force 6 or 8, main reason is no manual transmission.
And why is it that the BA/BF GT hasent had a power upgrade yet, i mean 290kw for four years is way too long.
The AU T1 had 200kw than the T2 had 220kw than the mighty T3 had 250.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #51
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
I agree with jeffchalker,
Ford and FPV should employ or at least listen too the enthusiasts, rather than the surveys they do.
When im in the market for an FPV i will definately not get a Force 6 or 8, main reason is no manual transmission.
And why is it that the BA/BF GT hasent had a power upgrade yet, i mean 290kw for four years is way too long.
We are approaching the limits of streetable power....a 570Kw monster is all well and good but at the end of the day your average joe still wants to be able to reliably get places with a realatively economical car. That is safe etc etc etc... the school of thought at the moment is that your average joe driver doesn't have the skills to handle "the power" not that i agree but i see the point.
Also it is NOT in fords intrests to release any power upgrades that might deminish the potential for the next model(perhaps this indicates only slight increases for the next model at least initally) on top of which the VE is a bit of a flop at the moment and FPV are already selling strongly. I don't see the force's being large sellers but at the end of the day they don't need to be... as the GT F6 and XR's will still be doing remarkably well.
bring on the next model
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #52
Sloth

There is a typo on the Typhoon wallpaper on the FPV site. Ironicly, it says 'TYPOhoon'. Lol
Old 26-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep, and they sold like hotcakes......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #54
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT595
Dont mind the new striping on the GT/Super Pur either they have done well.
Same here.
Old 26-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #55
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would`nt mind having a force 6/8 in my drive they seem to have all good options, would suit this old fart no worries
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #56
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
You know how long that 200kW engine lasted? 1992 - 2002!

EB GT
EL GT
AU TE50
AU TL50
AUII XR8
AUII XR8 Ute
AUII XR8 Pursuit Ute
AUIII XR8 Ute

:
Old 27-10-2006, 01:25 AM   #57
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
We are approaching the limits of streetable power....
BMW M5 = 373kW 520Nm 5.0 V10
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG = 380kW 630Nm 6.2 V8
Audi RS6 = 331kW 560Nm 4.2 Twin Turbo V8

We're not close to any sort of limit yet.

:
Old 27-10-2006, 01:48 AM   #58
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i know the force 6 and 8 are just GT's and Typhoon's in disguise, what..new spoiler, chrome fairlane mirrors, chrome mesh and AWESOME RED SEATS! the seats are about the only thing different, and maybe the spoiler. ford and fpv reallly need to make different bodykits for different models, ie. the typhoon is slightly different to the gt but this force is just gt.also when the typhoon first came out it had the same gt kit with no bonnet buldge. these cars do look really nice, im not saying they dont, but i dont understand why they cant make different bodykits up. at least hsv have more varents.
Old 27-10-2006, 02:00 AM   #59
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchalker
HI Jayden
I have a BF GT-P
oh, *hides*
well I cant see why you hate it THAT much, your car isnt very far of from being one.

The only thing that ticked me with what ford has done is called it "force" it should fit with its luxuary performace criteria more, other than that its very cool, and it is improoved interior wise, and the dual exhausts are appealing.

If it was going to look different it wouldnt be a BF mk2. when do ford ever make a mk2 look different. example: EF > EF2 looked the same, EL had a different kit.

if it looked different it would be a BG or something. well thats how i see it.
mk 2s have always been kinda meh.
Old 27-10-2006, 02:25 AM   #60
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i would`nt mind having a force 6/8 in my drive they seem to have all good options, would suit this old fart no worries
Don't mind the 8 myself, can only collect one car at a time for now, so i'll need to be happy with the BA MK11.

but yep another old fart that would love one in the drive.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post