Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #31
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How many times . . . . . . .

What's a flooded road

How longs a piece of string. ..

There's a very big difference between water over the road that you can safely proceed through and some of the things we saw last weekend, if the waters not running and you can see how deep,it is and that there's not debris etc in it your probably OK

But some of the **** we saw last week was crazy cars up to their door handles stranded with people in it and in one case one car got stuck, then 3 more had a go, what the hell was going through their minds, Oh that Camry got stuck, but I won't becasue I'm in a commodore or falcon, oh there 2wd's but I have a awd and the circus continues

I don't mind helping people, I don't even mind helping stupid people but I do hate having a cold wet ****, and flood water is manky ****y water, that containes all sorts of raw sewage, rubbish and really ****ed off animals, so stay out of it would you cause I don't like the stuff, and I'm not even SES like some others on here and those guys have to play in it a lot more than me

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
What's a flooded road

How longs a piece of string. ..

There's a very big difference between water over the road that you can safely proceed through and some of the things we saw last weekend, if the waters not running and you can see how deep,it is and that there's not debris etc in it your probably OK
That's it.
There is a road near my work that is closed off every time there is heavy, prolonged rain.
The water is only a couple of inches deep and is not moving but we cannot pass it because it's dangerous apparently.
It's due to bad drainage, but obviously closing the road once a year is easier than fixing the problem, so that's just what happens.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #33
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ View Post
To be completely honest, I'd probably be one of those douchebags in their 4wd given the chance...image

In all seriousness it must be frustrating when deads**ts get stranded and use up available emergency services because of their own stupidity.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
and creating bow waves that impact on peoples businesses and houses, think about it.

As a former SES volunteer I can tell you it is more the issue of what has happened to the road under the water, they get broken up and create significant holes

Back in the '93 floods here a person drove along the Midland Highway east of Shepparton, drove into some water, thought it was OK, the whole car nearly disappeared, the water was that fast and bad we couldn't SES rescue boats to him, we had to helicopter rescue him from the top of a tree, he drove past "road closed" signs
Old 18-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #34
olfella
Cranky old bastard

New research released today and with new rain coming.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/vide...617-4gp5x.html
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #35
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Won't mean much to people, it is their 'right' to go and do what they damn well want, despite the repercussions (which they don't think about at the time), it is only on reflection do they think '****, I shouldn't have done that', but by then they have vidoe'd it on their phone and uploaded it to every social media forum they can and become a celebrity beacuse of it
Old 19-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #36
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Your 100% right, some just seem to think they know better than proven science. I dont even like reversing out the driveway if the gutter has a bit of a flow
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #37
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guy died with police looking on a week or so back at Murrays Corner on the Murrumbidgee in Canberra. Went out on Sunday to do some river crossings and never came home. Found his body wedged on a small island after his ute turned over. Simple mistake but deadly
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #38
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never been in that situation, but I have a deep respect for mother nature and the most basic grasp of physics that would probably trigger a little voice inside my head ''you're not a fish nor are you in a submarine, don't do it. Now get back to making weird noises and eating pizza''
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: