Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #511
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Anything I should be looking for when taking delivery????
And also how much did you guys pay on road for the zetec auto's. I got about a grand knocked off and free moulded or premium mats.
I could of pushed for more or shopped around but I don't really have enough time to be dealing with new car salesman across Melbourne and then have them ringing me for weeks on end.
Ours is going to be a manual so the auto is always more expensive. We got free mats, full tank of fuel etc included. The other thing to maybe look at if your gunna keep it for a few years is the extra 2 year warranty ford themselves are offering.

We are getting this extra warranty.

We've been waiting for ages for ours, I was told by another dealer to check the build date etc and even stuff like that it shouldnt have over 30-40kms on it when you pick it up
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #512
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Yeah we got the extended warranty too.
They are gonna end up regretting that!!!! I am gonna pick the living hell out of it and make them pay.
I worked at New Oak ford for a number of years and used to hate pedantic owners who used to make you chase every rattle and noise. But we learnt to sort it for them or else they keep coming back.

We got lucky that they had a auto Zetec 5 door in ocean in the yard.

I should of asked for the tank of fuel too. There is alot of things I should of pushed harder for but at the end of the day I think I got a decent deal (I know quite a few guys at Knox Ford and buy my parts off them too) so I didn't want to push it too far.

I hope it all goes well and we take delivery this week so I can get the windows tinted.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #513
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well we finally got ours today. Finally.

Great to drive. Has everything. Voice thing is a little tricky sometimes.

They tried to get away with not giving us the full tank of fuel and two windows have bubbles in the tint. Who gets bubbles in tint these days?

So we have to take it back in to get that repaired. Grrrrrrr

Oh and does anyone have the illuminated gear knob?

I just went out to the bins before and the gear knob was still on??????????????
Old 18-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #514
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Anything I should be looking for when taking delivery????
And also how much did you guys pay on road for the zetec auto's. I got about a grand knocked off and free moulded or premium mats.
I could of pushed for more or shopped around but I don't really have enough time to be dealing with new car salesman across Melbourne and then have them ringing me for weeks on end.
Headlight covers may save you a small fortune. I also got a bonnet protector as I will be doing country driving and stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet are a common problem in the country. The only problem with a bonnet protector is it is the colour of dark window tinting. The colour matches the car but the lines don't look as good.

I got a child organiser which is an over-priced waste of money. :

I got 4 mats and a scuff protector for the boot, which so far has come in handy for loading heavy objects and preventing them banging against the boot sides - although it's an odd bi-fold design.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #515
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Been reading through the owners manual. its making my head hurt!!!
Geez this little thing can do some wicked stuff.
I am having a little trouble setting up a USB stick for the audio to read off.
but I just read that I can't have more than 8 folders and that they need to be named and then .MP3 needs to be attached to the end of the folder name so it can recognise it.
I just used windows media player to sync the songs I wanted onto it and tried it in the car but it said USB devise not recognised. But like I said maybe I have to attach only 8 folders and then rename them with .MP3???????

Anyone got any tips on how to set up the memory stick to work???? And how do I create playlists????

The voice recognition is amazing. i can't believe what you can tell it to do. Its awesome.

The cheeky buggers at Ford 'forgot' to fit our premium mats. We got home and realised they were not in the car. The sales girl came and dropped them off personally.

Oh, did anyone have problems with the wipers shuddering really badly when they picked up the car???? I am wondering if it is something to do with what they clean the windscreen with???

Old 18-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #516
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah man, my windows were horrid till I got a good cleaner into them. Used 303 wiper cleaner and all good. I didn't rename my folders, just called them album names. You have to ensure the files are MP3 and no other file type. I made my files AAC and then realised later lol. Good luck!
Old 18-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #517
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Got it working!!!
It had a folder for every artist.
Made one main folder and unpacked all the songs and placed them in there.

Has anyone tried to attach the extension to the folders so you can use the voice commands????
Does anyone use voice commands to answer and use their phones???

Old 19-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #518
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec-4-Me
I decided against seatcovers now - I've decided to threaten the kids instead .... NO food / NO drinks lol
Kids are easier to replace than the seats/car. They only take 9 months...
Old 19-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #519
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Kids are easier to replace than the seats/car. They only take 9 months...

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
Old 20-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #520
JClarke
Deaf Driver

:rofl:
Old 21-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #521
Ms_Jam

I picked up my 3-door manual Zetec on Friday. I must say the dealer (Courtney & Patterson) had done a superb job in cleaning and polishing it up, and they had it in the showroom when I arrived to collect it. The car had just 8 km on the clock, which pleased me a lot. The dealer had done an excellent job with the paint on and around the rear parking sensors.

Apart from the things others have remarked on, what surprises me is that this little manual drives like a rather larger car. The cruise control is outstanding. I took it down to Frankston on Eastlink on Saturday, which has a couple of steep bits, and the cruise control handled them perfectly, with the engine not raising even the slightest sweat in fifth gear.

The illuminated gear knob looks gorgeous in the evenings. Last night I noticed that it stays on for a while, after the vehicle was double locked. At first I thought it was a fault, as someone on this forum had suggested. A couple of hours later I went outside and it had gone off. So the light in the knob seems to be timed. Not a bug, but a feature!

I have waited a while for this car. Talking around, however, I have discovered there are others with worse waits, for example, a (non-Ford) German car costing over three times as much which turned out to be riddled with faults when finally it arrived.

Since it seems that there are other people with individual orders who read this forum, here is a record of the key dates of my experience:

15 April. Ordered car and paid deposit.
8 July. Car manufactured.
23 July. Car leaves Germany on MV Tomar.
8 September. Car unloaded at Port of Melbourne.
17 September. Advised that car was ready for collection (with sensors and illuminated gear knob installed).
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #522
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam
15 April. Ordered car and paid deposit.
8 July. Car manufactured.
23 July. Car leaves Germany on MV Tomar.
8 September. Car unloaded at Port of Melbourne.
17 September. Advised that car was ready for collection (with sensors and illuminated gear knob installed).
A five month wait! In June they told me three months if I wanted a Zetec other than the one they had in stock - the only one in Sydney at the time.

But the stock Vision Blue 5 door manual Zetec has been almost perfect. Missing a few "bells and whistles" that you have, but a true pleasure to drive and excellent value for money.

Incidently, when I got a minor warranty repair today - replacing a roof mould (rail?) not sitting flush - I saw two new 4 door Zetecs in stock; one in Vision Blue like mine - which suggests supply is improving.

Old 21-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #523
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam
The illuminated gear knob looks gorgeous in the evenings. Last night I noticed that it stays on for a while, after the vehicle was double locked. At first I thought it was a fault, as someone on this forum had suggested. A couple of hours later I went outside and it had gone off. So the light in the knob seems to be timed. Not a bug, but a feature!
I went and checked ours again and it was off this time. It must take a long time to turn off.

On the waiting times for these cars, for us we actually werent in a rush. The thing that seems to be ****ing everyone off is the fact all the dealers are lying to the customers to get the sale, knowing full well it isnt going to be a 3 week wait like we were told.....

But it really is a mighty little car and well worth the wait. Ford is lucky the car is so good because their staff on their own merits, would make you go to another brand thats for sure.

Just thought I'd put a picture up I got just before we lost the light, first day we had it...

Last edited by GoesLikeAZetec; 21-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #524
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

If you don't lock your car the centre information screen and odometer takes around an hour to turn off as well.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #525
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
If you don't lock your car the centre information screen and odometer takes around an hour to turn off as well.
If you want to turn the radio on without the keys in the ignition, you can cant you? I think it stays on for like an hour?
Old 22-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #526
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yes - just press the volume knob and it'll fire up for an hour. All Fords do it in fact! Great for when you're washing/cleaning it outside.
Old 22-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #527
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Yes - just press the volume knob and it'll fire up for an hour. All Fords do it in fact! Great for when you're washing/cleaning it outside.
Yeah I like the feature because it means you dont have to leave the keys in the car, so nobody can just steal it
Old 22-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #528
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
No it only takes about 10-15 minutes I know this because after my wife threw a wobbly (and the keys at me : ) last night I sat in there untill I got over wanting revenge :P. I was in the lovely peaceful dark no more than 15 minutes later
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #529
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAHA! I was going to say, if it took her only 15 minutes to come out and say sorry you have a keeper! Previous experience points to a timeframe of anywhere from a few hours to a few days for me! Glad you were able to find something useful to do while seeking revenge!
Old 22-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #530
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
If you want to turn the radio on without the keys in the ignition, you can cant you? I think it stays on for like an hour?
I appreciate little things like not having to have the ignition on (i.e. have the keys) to eject and replace a CD. I don't know how common this is in cars nowdays, but our Magna wont do a thing without the ignition on.

And I love other little things - the outside temperature sensor and the mood lights, although I wish there was a glove-box light, a rear seat light and better boot lighting. Oh well, nothin's perfect.

Old 22-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #531
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah why isnt there a glove box light? really annoying....

the dash and interior at night is a complete standout though!!!!
Old 23-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #532
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
HAHA! I was going to say, if it took her only 15 minutes to come out and say sorry you have a keeper! Previous experience points to a timeframe of anywhere from a few hours to a few days for me! Glad you were able to find something useful to do while seeking revenge!
Ah I actually waited in the car untill she feel asleep, I just didn't admit my full determination to stay away from her longer than she was staying away from me in my previous post but 15 minutes will do it for the lights :p, after that it was dark for alooooong time. I smacked her over the head with a letter this morning and told her she deserved that and she smiled at me (crazy women) :p
Old 28-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #533
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

Ok hello everyone.
I'm getting a Zetec 5 door in Vision....tomorrow, after 3 days wait! Oddly I know where there is another if any one is looking for one....Southern NSW. Our dealer told us we may need to wait till Feb 2010....so we advised them that there was one at another dealership....They said they could organise to get that one & we said fine. As it turned out after we signed the paperwork, they were able to source one from Ford themselves in Melbourne...

Can't wait to get her home, Cheers.
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #534
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
Ok hello everyone.
I'm getting a Zetec 5 door in Vision....tomorrow, after 3 days wait! Oddly I know where there is another if any one is looking for one....Southern NSW. Our dealer told us we may need to wait till Feb 2010....so we advised them that there was one at another dealership....They said they could organise to get that one & we said fine. As it turned out after we signed the paperwork, they were able to source one from Ford themselves in Melbourne...

Can't wait to get her home, Cheers.
Damn that was lucky StormyKnight - I've been waiting just over 8 weeks for Zetec 5door Vision Manual, but I pick it up tomorrow - FINALLY : Bremer Ford told me that a girl came in the day after I ordered mine & she has to wait until just before Christmas to get hers. I haven't actually seen a Fiesta in Vision yet so I really can't wait lol
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #535
StormyKnight

Well as it turned out we had found one at another dealer cause initially we where told Feb 2010...they said they could get that one rather than have to wait. We agreed that would be fine. The day after we signed the order they rang & said that they could get one from Melbourne in the same timeframe so thats was great. PS the other Zetec is still sitting in the lot if anyone is still after one - Southern NSW...

PM me if you need further details.

We saw a CL vision at the lot, so we knew the colour & we drove a zetec they had. It drove really well & the reviews about the driving experience are right! The gearbox too has a great feel to it.....Makes you want to drive it!

Unfortunately (?) it will be the wifes car, I have a work car & the 4WD will be brought out on the weekends.....we will save about $4000 a year on fuel with the Fiesta & we intend to keep the 4WD until its virtually worthless.....as the newer versions (Prado) are not as off road capable without spending mega $.

I hope your car is all you hoped for, in my opinion its the best buy at the moment, & we needed cruise for our longer trips - once you have cruise you can't go back LOL. The other Fiesta bonuses are well a bonus..The bluetooth especially, plus the USB connection...WOW...the list goes on & on...

I also liked the fact that the Fiesta in its current form will extend over a few years at least..there nothing like buying a car that only runs as a series for 2 or 3 years. Hopefully a lot of cars will be sold & the spare parts & aftermarket stuff will be in abundance.

Cheers
Old 28-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #536
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats to you both, and welcome to the family! ;-)

Be sure to share pictures!!!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #537
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

StormyKnight and everyone else that's new to these Fiesta's I'd just like to make a note. With the fold down seats and the lack of lighting in the car it's very easy to catch the rear seat belts in the latches at the back of the seats when folding them back up, in fact if they are loose then it's 100% for sure they will catch. We didn't realised there was little holes in the plastic at the back are for cliping the belts in to stop them getting smashed and as a result both rear belts are stuffed and they are expensive too :!). But if my pain and experience from this can stop you from making the same mistake then that's something . The car is totally Form over Function in a few areas and that's one of them
Old 28-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #538
StormyKnight

Thanks greenfoam, but strange you should say that....our demo of the car included the pointing out of the slots to locate the belts when folding the seats.....I didn't think too much about it at the time, but with your additional information about possible damage to the belts I will take special note of where they are. Thanks!
Old 29-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #539
ZetecBird
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, picked up my Zetec (frozen white) today. Waited 8 weeks, sailed into Brisbane Sunday, was ready for pickup today. Just love it. :
ZetecBird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #540
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
Thanks greenfoam, but strange you should say that....our demo of the car included the pointing out of the slots to locate the belts when folding the seats.....I didn't think too much about it at the time, but with your additional information about possible damage to the belts I will take special note of where they are. Thanks!
Nice, seems like a few people must have ruined belts allready if they pointed that out to you