Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 13-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #481
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: 16th October 2010 B-Series Nationals at Parkes. Accommodation & Dinner Groups Booking

Parkes is going oooofffff this year!
Will be a ripper weekend!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #482
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Re: 16th October 2010 B-Series Nationals at Parkes. Accommodation & Dinner Groups Booking

That'd be right...rub it in
Maybe 2012 might be a goer...my daughter can't turn 21 TWO years in a row on 15/10

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS

Last edited by Linz; 13-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #483
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt im going to make it this year. Im trying as hard as i can to get my car finished before the local car show which is the weekend after Parkes. Plus it would be a very long and expensive trip in the turbo.
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #484
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

This is a bloody disaster Captain, what are we gunna do.
Who's gunna take photos of the statue????????
Who's gunna wave to Frank in the back of the White Wagon????
Who's gunna critique the Restaurants n' eateries???
Who's gunna say, "It's all OK we're from SA"???

RTV Power
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 14-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #485
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Who's gunna wave to Frank in the back of the White Wagon????
I'm all over this... besides it was me the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Who's gunna critique the Restaurants n' eateries??
Should be able to help here but it is nice to have a SA opinion....

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #486
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

A consolation, wonderful. I assume that means you intend to 'rattle yer dags'?

RTV Power
Old 14-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #487
Grum

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm super keen, bring it on. Not happy about missing 2010 but I couldn't help that.

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Old 15-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #488
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Yeah, bad luck you missed last year - it was the best b series weekend to date.....This year will be a beaut too.

RTV Power
Old 15-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #489
gaz084
F1D procharged ute

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: With the amount of detail Gareth has put into his BF heat exchanger by-pass modification ... and also his work on his supercharged BA EGAS build thread has been a help to many on this forum when it comes to DIY inginuity. 

Ooh ooh im coming where do i enlist.....im not missing this haha.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11283622
gaz084 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #490
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz084
Ooh ooh im coming where do i enlist.....im not missing this haha.
Just keep an eye on this section of the b series for threads associated with the B series nationals 2011.

It's gunna be huge!

RTV Power

Last edited by Burnout; 17-04-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 17-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #491
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Would love to make it if i can.
Will have to see closer to the date though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #492
egosfast
Out and About

The weather should be good.
Burnout reckons it never rains in Parkes in October.
Like last year
Old 17-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #493
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by egosfast
The weather should be good.
Burnout reckons it never rains in Parkes in October.
Like last year
That wasn't rain..... it was..... sleet....or...... snow or sumpfin like that!

RTV Power
Old 17-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #494
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

I've been in touch with CWCC the show is definately on the 15th of October and there is a drive-in night planned for the saturday night if you would like to attend.

Details for the drive-in night to be confirmed re pricing but at this stage it looks to be $10 per car which will be payable with your entry.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #495
Ricksta5
GI99LY

im in for everything ) going to stay the whole time this time round
Ricksta5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #496
steveyba
BS 60 RV

that does sound very good meg will be awaiting the details lol

If life is passing you by,it maybe due to buying that holden that your misses said not to buy
steveyba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #497
2.8L Hilux
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be there again this year. Although I'll be making sure no one gets access to my room before I get there this time
Old 17-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #498
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.8L Hilux
I'll be there again this year. Although I'll be making sure no one gets access to my room before I get there this time
Ok ... do tell ... what happened???
Old 17-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #499
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think from memory he got short sheeted???
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #500
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Ahhhh ... hahahahahahaha
If i make it ... I'll set a mental reminder to bring extra ... just in case ... hee hee
Old 17-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #501
hiper
[HIPER-8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Ahhhh ... hahahahahahaha
If i make it ... I'll set a mental reminder to bring extra ... just in case ... hee hee
from that response i don't think you actually know what Short Sheeting is...

its where you fold up the sheets at the foot of the bed so people cant fit all the way in the bed.
its not a lack of sheets.
1994 EF Fairmont Cardinal Red
hiper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #502
Breezed
wonder wilson

hey guys im not sure what im doing this year as captain is probably not coming and the bute is up for sale :( i really dont want to miss out so im thinking laura and i might be able to do a fly over to Sydney then maybe be able catch a ride in from there. i guess we will see what happens
Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #503
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll make the trip again, Im not missing the dust bowl again. Two years in a row ive missed it.

EVL.54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #504
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Looks like I will make it this year. Finally!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #505
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bute ba
hey guys im not sure what im doing this year as captain is probably not coming and the bute is up for sale :( i really dont want to miss out so im thinking laura and i might be able to do a fly over to Sydney then maybe be able catch a ride in from there. i guess we will see what happens
Jeeze, Wilson, you selling the Bute, WTF???
I'm sure you'd get a lift over from Sydley!!!

RTV Power
Old 18-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #506
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Looks like I will make it this year. Finally!
Will be excellent to see you Brooksy - ah, bring the car with you.... oh, yeah, the missus should come too!

RTV Power
Old 18-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #507
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL.54L
I'll make the trip again, Im not missing the dust bowl again. Two years in a row ive missed it.
Just stay one more night, that usually works........The Bowl will be trophied this year, I suspect.

RTV Power
Old 18-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #508
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg's GT's
I've been in touch with CWCC the show is definately on the 15th of October and there is a drive-in night planned for the saturday night if you would like to attend.

Details for the drive-in night to be confirmed re pricing but at this stage it looks to be $10 per car which will be payable with your entry.
Sounds great, (What's a Drive-in??), Looks like Parkes is morphing into a larger event, with some interesting changes.

RTV Power
Old 18-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #509
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be there this year, not 100% sure what i'll be driving. Hopefully i'll have my LTD nice and done up - Pimped out like a boss.

A different car for every year!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #510
Grum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bute ba
I will have a spare seat from Sydney, so your girlfriend is fine... you will have to find another seat

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!