Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #331
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Aussies dead in Shot down plane crash over Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
What the **** is it with the conspiracy nutters?

The evidence is there in ****in plain black and white. Pro Russian separatists in the Ukraine got hold of something they shouldn't have and ****** up.

Oh no the US did it cause *insert the US needs this reason*.

Go put your tinfoil hats back on and hide in your bunkers.
Calm ya farm dude, I was just throwing a suggestion out there. Geez

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #332
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
The evidence is there in ****in plain black and white. Pro Russian separatists in the Ukraine got hold of something they shouldn't have and ****** up.
Care to share with us all of this "evidence". I'm not suggesting for a minute that the theory put forward to us through the popular media is not going to be the end outcome, but I don't think there has been any conclusive evidence that this was a deliberate act, nor that the missile was fired by Pro Russian separatists.

Sometimes it pays to take a second look to see if you can see the forest because the trees originally got in the way.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #333
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

I'm with you.

The fruit cake conspiracy nutters are everywhere after 'every' tragedy.

I think we'll all find the obvious is the answer.

'Occam's Razor' is the most accurate theory of 'the reason why'.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #334
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
At a hearing of the ICAO on September 15, 1983, J. Lynn Helms, the head of the Federal Aviation Administration, stated: "The U.S.S.R. has refused to permit search and rescue units from other countries to enter Soviet territorial waters to search for the remains of KAL 007. Moreover, the Soviet Union has blocked access to the likely crash site and has refused to cooperate with other interested parties, to ensure prompt recovery of all technical equipment, wreckage and other material."
Anyone see a resemblance here?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 02:25 AM   #335
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Feels like it was planned really, too ignorant a mistake to make, the wreckage has been said to been "tampered with on an industrial scale". But then again why knowingly shoot down a commerical airliner? What to gain...
Old 26-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #336
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The lowest form of degenerate sodomites must 'live' in the area... no sense of respect or dignity for the dead....

Quote:
Credit cards stolen from MH17 victims, used in Ukraine

The credit cards of victims of the MH17 tragedy have been stolen from the crash site and are being used in Ukraine in the latest heartbreaking development tormenting families.

A Ukrainian official has confirmed looters have taken cash, jewellery and credit cards from victims, and the widow of one victim has revealed she has had to cancel her husband's bank accounts.

Reine Dalziel, the wife of Cameron Dalziel, a South African with a British passport who was on board the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight, has had her grief exacerbated by the realisation Mr Dalziel's credit cards had been used in the past week.

"They have no respect for each other, look what they're doing ... It's no surprise that they were treating the remains of people like that. It made me angry beyond words," Shane Hattingh, Mr Dalziel's brother-in-law, told CNN.

He said his sister "was destroyed" watching the procession of hearses in the Netherlands today of the bodies retrieved from the Ukraine crash site.

Mr Dalziel was returning to Malaysia where he recently relocated with his family of four when flight MH17 was shot down by a missile fired by pro-Russian rebels last Friday.

He said the respect of the Dutch to those who had been killed was in stark contrast to the treatment by the Russian-backed separatists in Ukraine.

Anton Geraschchenko, an adviser to the Ukrainian minister of internal affairs, said this week: "Death hunters are collecting not only the cash and jewellery of the victims but also their credit cards."

"My sister's son said to my mother that his whole body is sore from crying," Mr Hattingh said.

"What's ahead is my sister getting her two sons into schools, and getting their lives moving so that she can actually have the time to grieve, because right now she doesn't."

Earlier today it was reported that relatives of Dutch victims had called the mobile phones of their loves ones, only for them to be answered by strangers with "eastern European-sounding voices".

The relatives said they were shocked when they heard the voices and immediately called the phone companies to shut down the accounts so those who took the phones could not continue to use them, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reports.

The telephone companies reportedly agreed to waive the usual requirement for a death certificate.

The incident adds weight to claims of looting by Ukrainian separatists at a crash site which spread over more than 50 sq km.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/0...xdmWg56fYtd.99

Quote:
Ukrainian girl criticised for claiming to wear mascara looted from MH17 site

A young Ukrainian woman has attracted criticism online after allegedly boasting about looting make-up from the wreckage of MH17.

Ekaterina Parkhomenko from Torez – close to the MH17 crash site – reportedly posted a series of pictures to her Instagram account including a blue bottle of mascara.

The caption the picture of the make-up read: “Mascara from Amsterdam, or if to be precise from the field. Well, you understand.”

After being asked by her followers, Ms Parkhomenko claimed that “an acquaintance of mine, a looter, gave it to me.”

Ms Parkhomenko described herself on her social media as a "separatist" who "feels sick and hates everything Ukrainian."

She later deleted her Instagram account after significant backlash from her followers, as well as both Ukrainian and Russian bloggers.

Earlier this week, rebel commander Igor Strelkov allegedly issued an order that all valuables looted from the MH17 wreckage be handed into the Donetsk People’s Republic to finance the self-proclaimed nation’s ‘defence fund.”
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/0...uEVb5iqDv7q.99

I have used quotes for the word 'live' as you need a heart to be alive...... something these bottom feeders of the excrement of bottom feeders don't seem to have.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #337
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

That's poor form

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #338
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The lowest form of degenerate sodomites must 'live' in the area... no sense of respect or dignity for the dead....

I have used quotes for the word 'live' as you need a heart to be alive...... something these bottom feeders of the excrement of bottom feeders don't seem to have.
Different culture, different values .......

Feral.
Old 26-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #339
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

I have relatives that live in the Ukraine (it was the birthplace of my mother's parents) and through supporting them with packages of food and clothes for many years, as well as my mother, her siblings and her mother visiting my grandmother's birthplace on the first visit since my grandmother was taken by the Germans from her family at the age of 16 to work in an ammunition factory to support their war efforts (my grandmother never saw her mother again, by the way...!!!!), I have gained an understanding of just how hard their life is over there.

Whilst I don't condone the actions of the few, I can certainly empathise with those who are simply struggling to be able to feed themselves and their families, and the temptation that would exist when these items are able to help them out.

Whats the saying: don't judge others until you have walked a day in their shoes. And I don't think anyone on this forum would like to spend a day in their shoes, based upon my experiences.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #340
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:

Feel sick to the stomach reading this. Someone needs to invent an infertility virus and hit that whole region. Then both their poverty and disgusting attitude will eventually be extinct.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #341
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Looting, no respect for the living or dead, lawless, a bit/lot of ethnic cleansing, state knows best up bringing - characteristics of virtually all communist and ex-communist states. The ultimate outcome is a failed economy with massive numbers of ignorant poor people. Look at the chaos and ruined societies throughout the world and thank yourself you live here. Then take careful note of what some politicians and minorities actually want Australia to become...
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #342
karj
XY Falcon

Some of you guys need to dial down the xenophobia.

Have a read of this to better understand the impact MH17 has had on the locals.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #343
cram_it_frog
wombat

cheap some people in Australia do not realize how lucky we are there are many country's out there that just to put a meal on the table is impossible

The sad part is we are coming up to the 100 th year since the end of the www1 the so called war to end all wars,

And we are still fighting is some country,s when is this all going to stop and we start to live together as a united world

this will never happen in my life time I am sad to say

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #344
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
cheap some people in Australia do not realize how lucky we are there are many country's out there that just to put a meal on the table is impossible

The sad part is we are coming up to the 100 th year since the end of the www1 the so called war to end all wars,

And we are still fighting is some country,s when is this all going to stop and we start to live together as a united world

this will never happen in my life time I am sad to say
Unforntunatly a mass utopian society will most likley never exist simply through history books alone. Just watch star trek a few times, no need for money,no war,no famine.We only wish for this ficticious world but nobody will do a damn thing to even try to make it happen.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #345
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj View Post
Unfortunately it is from a Murdoch newspaper.

Instead have a read of Pravda - http://english.pravda.ru/ this is the "truth"
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #346
BHDOGS
Banned

The simple reason it will never happen is greed both from the wealthy and poor and yes australia has had it to good for to long most australian have no ******* idea whats its like to actually live week to week one meal a day and having to fight to even get that. They sure are good at telling everybody else how easy it all is tho.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #347
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Damn straight. Government and media said that this happened, therefore it did happen, no questions asked. We know these two groups never lie or mislead people.

I'm not supporting any conspiracy theory. But I don't think people should just believe the first thing they here, just because someone said it on the TV. Especially when things about the story don't add up once you look a bit deeper into it.
To be honest I haven't looked into the Malaysian airways problems recently. So I have no opinion. I am not going to write someone off as a nut job, conspiracy moron just because they believe something different to what was reported on the TV.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #348
BHDOGS
Banned

So your position is you have no position.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #349
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I have relatives that live in the Ukraine (it was the birthplace of my mother's parents) and through supporting them with packages of food and clothes for many years, as well as my mother, her siblings and her mother visiting my grandmother's birthplace on the first visit since my grandmother was taken by the Germans from her family at the age of 16 to work in an ammunition factory to support their war efforts (my grandmother never saw her mother again, by the way...!!!!), I have gained an understanding of just how hard their life is over there.

Whilst I don't condone the actions of the few, I can certainly empathise with those who are simply struggling to be able to feed themselves and their families, and the temptation that would exist when these items are able to help them out.

Whats the saying: don't judge others until you have walked a day in their shoes. And I don't think anyone on this forum would like to spend a day in their shoes, based upon my experiences.

Craig H
Yes, 'they' are doing it tough. I get that. My Auntie is Russian, the husband of my cousin, from the Ukraine. The stories of the 'old country' seemed so much easier to understand after visiting Russia twice myself and chatting to people.

We (myself and my wife) support her side of the family month by month through my In-laws (Orthodox Christians living in Egypt).

I had a house mate, English chap, wife from the Philippines. They supported her family.

Not everyone has it easy. I actually understand that more than most after the stuff I've seen first hand and I'm quick to point that out when needed to others.

There is a line that has been crossed and wrong is still wrong. Sorry - I just get a little angry when I see this sort of stuff...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #350
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They suffered miserably pre World War 2 at the hands of Stalin. From 1941 onwards it was the Nazis, militia and stalin. Then post WW2 it was Stalin again. Throw in decades of living under the Iron Curtain, then some corrupt leaders, and you can understand why they have never had a chance to recover. This is what those protests were about before Putin swallowed the Crimea, they wanted to join the West. I think they got sick of having nothing, especially living in a country that has 'rich' soil.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #351
cram_it_frog
wombat

if we go through history there has been a number of persons who have had no thought or concern for there fellow human beings

Slavery and before that the Roman s and all the way through

look at some of the devices man has made to toruture his fellow man

MY personal feeling and thoughts are that yes there are Alien life out there but one look at us and the basic fact that we cannot get on with each other

How would we react if a space ship did arrive?

It is not all doom and gloom there is a lot of good out there in the world

Take a simple example

In Wagga Wagga just after the Canberra Bush fire a local Wagga truck driver went to the radio and TV station saying he will take any donations free to Canberra

In the end they got 5 or 6 truck loads some brand new bought that day.

Look there is hope for us a slim one but there is hope

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #352
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Those looters have no conscience, poverty or not... Not a nice memory to have of yourself for the rest of your life, surely those looters will get investigated too asap.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #353
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Looters and opportunists operate everywhere. Remember the scum that went through ransacking houses abandoned during the bushfires? Some were dressed as volunteer fire fighters. The same happened here after the floods. No matter where the police close the roads these ****** always find a way through.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #354
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Data retrieved from the the ill-fated MH17 flight black box shows the plane was hit multiple times by shrapnel from a missile explosion.

"As the clean-up of the wreckage site continues in Grabovo, Ukraine, European officials have described the finding as “massive explosive decompression”, CBS News reports.

On Saturday, a European air safety official told the news organisation that the missile “did what it was designed to do - bring down airplanes”."
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/worl...727-zxc9g.html
Old 27-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #355
nstg8a

Saw one of the conspiracy links on book face earlier when they're claiming that it's actually the missing mh370 aircraft,,and showed all sorts of photographic evidence.
Have to admit it was quite compelling, but ultimately bs I'd say.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #356
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Saw one of the conspiracy links on book face earlier when they're claiming that it's actually the missing mh370 aircraft,,and showed all sorts of photographic evidence.
Have to admit it was quite compelling, but ultimately bs I'd say.

I wouldn't say compelling, I'd say twisted and 'Fruit cake' wishful thinking.
Old 27-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #357
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
I wouldn't say compelling, I'd say twisted and 'Fruit cake' wishful thinking.
It was quite well written, the dude should start writing books or something. Be better than trying to get mileage out of something like this.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #358
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Seriously, does anyone really think that anything but Untrained and heavily armed 'Separatists' Accidently shot down this plane down ?

Regardless these buffoons and morons need to be brought to justice.

By all accounts, many are mercenaries and are being paid to do what they do.
Old 27-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #359
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
Seriously, does anyone really think that anything but Untrained and heavily armed 'Separatists' Accidently shot down this plane down ?

Regardless these buffoons and morons need to be brought to justice.

By all accounts, many are mercenaries and are being paid to do what they do.
And do you think a bunch of Aussie Coppers will fix it, or the Aussie Gov wanting to send in armed Aussie's to secure the site, are we that stupid....???
These guy have been fighting it out for longer than Aus was on the map ffs.......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #360
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
And do you think a bunch of Aussie Coppers will fix it, or the Aussie Gov wanting to send in armed Aussie's to secure the site, are we that stupid....???
These guy have been fighting it out for longer than Aus was on the map ffs.......
No.

Why are you asking me ?