Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #301
metalmania

Default Re: 28 aussies dead in Shot down plane crash over Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Really? .. I think you need to wake up mate. I'm fully aware of what has happened. It is all over the news here too and has been for days. Difference is here it is big bad David Cameron (UK PM) who has been doing all the tough talk.

My point was there has been no mention in the normal daily news (BBC/ITV)here (UK) of Tony Abbott leading the charge in the Western world against the big bad Vladimir Putin.

Do you really think that Russia gives a stuff what Abbot says? The rest of the world doesn't seem to.

BTW I didn't look at the vid you posted

Sorry to confuse you brismike, but my post was not directed at you. It was directed at BHBOGS. A couple of posts before.
BTW have a look at the link i posted. I am trying to state that our precious media is just as bad as the other side. There is not much truth coming out of anywhere...
What do the call that..the fog of war!!!!

http://rt.com/news/174332-ukraine-pl...oto-perverted/
metalmania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #302
BHDOGS
Banned

The fact is western media will always be influence by western ideals its why i like aljazeera or even international bbc they do give a good honest account of themselves most times. Anybody who thinks ukraine arnt playing this up to gather maximum sympathy for there cause would be kidding themselves but thats straight out of putins play book its why he said lets not use this for political advantage but the fact is hes the master manipulator of news good or bad and its nice to see putin get a good taste of his own medicine. Its an international incident a tragic one that casts a big spot light on an issue that the world usualy just ignores if we all paid attention to such trouble spots earlier instead of turning a blind eye like the world likes to do on a regular basis we could avoid these incidents.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #303
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Germany Britain and france still rule the roost always have. You could of said russia is the only asian powerhouse but that isnt true anymore either. There influence is weaked on all fronts there gas is the only card russia has to play these days.
No they don't and Russia's biggest ally has more troops then those three have bullets (not that it would ever come to that). They have also lost or suffered miserable defeats in allot of their biggest recent campaigns (add Iraq and eventually Afghanistan to the list). They do allot more for Europe then the declining empire does so when push comes to shove most people will probably rather stay warm then salute the flag.

Maybe we need to spilt this topic? Australian death toll is now 37 not 28 too.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Last edited by Dash_XR; 22-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #304
BHDOGS
Banned

Germany is an economic powerhouse that basically runs the eu not to mention they all have nukes so any talk of wars is pointless armys dont win big battles anymore except against tiny nations. If this was the grand old days russia would of just sent in the tanks but the combined might of economic sanctions is enough to scare even the mightiest of nations. Economy's are what rule the world now not armys.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #305
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Can't we ever have one thread without the conspiracy theory's and American hatred throw in some people here really need to catch up on reality and research this properly instead of swining in at the last minute believing bullshit like the link above.
What is a conspiracy theory... it seems anyone who dares to question the version of events or so called facts put out there by Western media or Governments are labeled a conspiracy theorist loon. Those with their heads stuck most firmly up their own **** can see this event is been used by the EU/US as a way of getting at Russia for their own political agenda.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s4050463.htm

I guess if there is one positive out of this, it is on the link above. Those who have read autopsy reports from Pan Am 103 may beg to differ.

PSA 182, Pan Am 103, AeroMexico 498 and now MH17 all put the ***** up me, and are the first thing to come to mind when I'm boarding.

Last edited by smoo; 23-07-2014 at 02:56 AM.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #306
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
What is a conspiracy theory... it seems anyone who dares to question the version of events or so called facts put out there by Western media or Governments are labeled a conspiracy theorist loon.
Its no so much the theory, but the theorists. When they`re wrong time and time and time and time and time and time again. FFS the local bus could be 2 minutes late ''damn Government, cutting costs again''
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #307
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What is a conspiracy theory... Those with their heads stuck most firmly up their own **** can see this event is been used by the EU/US as a way of getting at Russia for their own political agenda.
No denying the politicians beating their chests and making political mileage within their own countries and on the world stage for all sorts or reasons.

This does not immediately suggest those same politicians are responsible for the event.

Politicians are opportunistic creatures like hyenas, seagulls and rats.

I believe the mostly prevails, 'you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time'. The conspiracy theorists are numerous, their theories numerous, often contradictory and as mentioned below proved wrong time and time again.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #308
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
or so called facts
The only facts we have to date regarding this terrible tragedy is:
  • The plane was operated by Malaysian Airlines
  • The plane was in the area of the Ukraine/Russia disputed territory in which a war of sorts is underway
  • The plane crashed, killing all 298 POB.

The rest, at this point in time, is purely speculation.

We need to be careful of allowing our own prejudices and beliefs of getting int he way of the facts. That is the role of an aircraft accident investigator: be ruled by the head and not be the heart.

Kind of reminds me of me talking to my 8 year old daughter of her night time fears. She tells me her heart is racing, and I tell her to try not to listen so much to heart but more to her head. But it is hard to listen to your head when your heart is racing.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #309
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
The only facts we have to date regarding this terrible tragedy is:
  • The plane was operated by Malaysian Airlines
  • The plane was in the area of the Ukraine/Russia disputed territory in which a war of sorts is underway
  • The plane crashed, killing all 298 POB.

The rest, at this point in time, is purely speculation.

We need to be careful of allowing our own prejudices and beliefs of getting int he way of the facts. That is the role of an aircraft accident investigator: be ruled by the head and not be the heart.

Kind of reminds me of me talking to my 8 year old daughter of her night time fears. She tells me her heart is racing, and I tell her to try not to listen so much to heart but more to her head. But it is hard to listen to your head when your heart is racing.

Craig H
So where is the murder weapon, the SA-11?

Next we will have Vlad on TV blaming a mid-air collision between MH17 and Santa with his sleigh. If it hadn't occurred to you, let me telegraph the obvious, since the "mistake" the Russians have been in overdrive running a massive clean up and cover up.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #310
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post

Why not throw both presidents in a cage and let them sort it out like men for a change?
They did!! Frankie Goes To Hollywood film clip 'When Two Tribes Go To War'.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #311
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: 37 aussies dead in Shot down plane crash over Ukraine.

My hope is that all Australians come home, and that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Even though I hope they both happen, I have a fear they won't.

I doubt that the perpetrators will ever be found and prosecuted.
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #312
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
If it hadn't occurred to you, let me telegraph the obvious, since the "mistake" the Russians have been in overdrive running a massive clean up and cover up.
Never said that these things weren't a possibility, nor any other theories put forward on this forum, in the media or anywhere else for that matter.

But at this point in time, that is all they are: theories. Yet to be proven.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 24-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #313
metalmania

http://rt.com/news/174868-ukraine-bu...ion-continues/
metalmania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #314
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmania View Post
Russia Today... "bringing the Russian view on global news" and widely recognised as an outlet for Kremlin propaganda. A great example of a national broadcaster cultivated with what you might call a "basic affection for the home team."

Last edited by chamb0; 24-07-2014 at 01:34 AM.
chamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 03:24 AM   #315
Bobman
Regulator

Who changed the title? 27 Australians + 1 with dual passport (total 28), not "37".

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #316
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24505410...tragedy-rises/

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/in-dep...1b7fc704d3852c
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #317
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know this is a sad event to all who lost loved ones and i feel for them.

having said that, the Yanks are very lucky there was no www with facebook and such back on the 3rd of July 1988. hypocrits?
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #318
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733 View Post

having said that, the Yanks are very lucky there was no www with facebook and such back on the 3rd of July 1988. hypocrits?
September 1, 1983. Open both eyes

Last edited by GasoLane; 24-07-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: fixed quote
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #319
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
i know this is a sad event to all who lost loved ones and i feel for them.

This is partly my point with my two posts above. Whilst MH17 may well have been brought down by a Gadfly, there is a possibility that it was a genuine (but tragic) mistake on behalf of the operator(s), in not too dissimilar a way to the incident you refer to. However, it appears to me as though our own prejudices, beliefs and feelings have led us all (especially western media) to the conclusion (without substantiation at this point, by the way) that this was a deliberate act.

For those not familiar with the incident referred to, a quick summary is that an Iranian Air aircraft was shot down by the USS Vincennes on a flight from Tehran to Dubai. There is conjecture as to exactly what happened, but I believe the general consensus is that the aircraft was accidentally targeted as it departed an Iranian airfield that also operated military aircraft and entered a zone where the US Navy was engaged with Iranian patrol boats. Of course, there were far more contributing factors than this, but you can wiki the incident for more info if anyone is interested.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 24-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #320
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
looks like i managed to open everyones eyes. we are force fed through our one eyed media outlets which are in turn fed from a one eyed propaganda machine. i'm trying to point out that the loudest voices have just as much blood on their hands. the world is full of atrocities, but only selected ones are shoved in your face each night at 6pm.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #321
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
This is partly my point with my two posts above. Whilst MH17 may well have been brought down by a Gadfly, there is a possibility that it was a genuine (but tragic) mistake on behalf of the operator(s), in not too dissimilar a way to the incident you refer to. However, it appears to me as though our own prejudices, beliefs and feelings have led us all (especially western media) to the conclusion (without substantiation at this point, by the way) that this was a deliberate act.

For those not familiar with the incident referred to, a quick summary is that an Iranian Air aircraft was shot down by the USS Vincennes on a flight from Tehran to Dubai. There is conjecture as to exactly what happened, but I believe the general consensus is that the aircraft was accidentally targeted as it departed an Iranian airfield that also operated military aircraft and entered a zone where the US Navy was engaged with Iranian patrol boats. Of course, there were far more contributing factors than this, but you can wiki the incident for more info if anyone is interested.

Craig H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing
Goodpoint, the USSR (as it was) have done the same (and they initially denied it), sound familiar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...nes_Flight_007

Bit scary when you read about this one, a USSR fighter aircraft closed to within 2000yds (well inside visual confirmation range), knew it was a civilian boeing airliner, and still engaged the aircraft. Claims were made by the USSR it was a spy plane....

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #322
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aussies dead in Shot down plane crash over Ukraine.

MH17: Pro-Russian separatist commander acknowledges fighters had Buk missile launcher.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-2...ad-buk/5619520
Old 24-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #323
cram_it_frog
wombat

Another Aircraft crash and more dead

AIPEI, Taiwan — Dozens of people aboard a plane flying to a Taiwanese island were killed on Wednesday when the aircraft crashed in bad weather during an emergency landing, Taiwan’s Transportation Ministry said

what is it with aircraft it sound as if they should not have been flying

why are aircraft companies making these risky decisions is it all based on you have to fly because you need to make money

or what?

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #324
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
looks like i managed to open everyones eyes. we are force fed through our one eyed media outlets which are in turn fed from a one eyed propaganda machine. i'm trying to point out that the loudest voices have just as much blood on their hands. the world is full of atrocities, but only selected ones are shoved in your face each night at 6pm.
At the time both the Korean, and Iranian airplanes shot down by USSR and USA combatants respectively were adequately covered in the media. I have seen plenty of corespondents discussing the similarities between them and MH17 over recent days.
Perhaps you need to broaden your news reports from the herald sun or channel 10 or whatever to further a field, Guardian, BBC, Al Jazeera or similar especially if they have no corporate, national or social links to the news story, its location or the individuals within the story....
There is enough non biased media around the world reporting similar stories to those news outlets in the west to suggest no particular bias.
I agree there are some media groups that a propaganda machines for the wealthy...

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #325
cram_it_frog
wombat

jpblue1000

The press have a huge amount of power some say too much, look at Rupert Murdochh is trying to buy out Time Warner who owns a lot of media

I saw a documentary saying it was certain news media bosses that helped push Gough Whitlam out of office

The big media bosses decide what news items they will push over other items.

Take Rolf Harris from what friends in the UK have said he was guilty from day one and if you look up some U on line news papers they are still reporting on how soft a deal he got , instead of going to a maximum security jail he was sent to a low security jail

I am lucky with age and experience I have learned that the press never let the truth get in the way of a good story now that is sad but true.

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #326
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Here we go again,

Wealthy = evil
Poor = good
Western press (Murdoch) = lies
Al Jazeera, Gardian, Pravda (insert your favourite socialist left wing rag) = truth
Individual freedom = bad
Government managing the how/where/what of people's lives (like it does in Russia) = solution
Russia created the situation by giving the separatists the SA-11 murder weapon = BS

A big conspiracy by (insert your favourite "evil" organisation/country/corporation) to smear Russia/Putin, because Russia has oil/gas/diamonds/everything and is a threat to the oppressive Western Powers. The West has brain washed their people. Except for a few people on AFF who have the guts to expose it all...

Last edited by cheap; 24-07-2014 at 05:09 PM.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #327
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Another plane has been reported down in Africa. On the way to Algiers I think. Looked like a small commercial passenger plane. Bloody hell.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #328
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

It's not (definitely) down. They've lost contact. They don't know what's happened.

I'm gonna take a guess that with all this happening, airlines all over the shop are going to be taking massive hits in sales.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #329
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Sorry if this was posted before but would Joe Bidon (US vice president) son who works for a Ukrainian energy company have anything to do with whats going on? I heard he was made president of that company.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/0...ompany/372385/

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #330
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

What the **** is it with the conspiracy nutters?

The evidence is there in ****in plain black and white. Pro Russian separatists in the Ukraine got hold of something they shouldn't have and ****** up.

Oh no the US did it cause *insert the US needs this reason*.

Go put your tinfoil hats back on and hide in your bunkers.