Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Who is quicker ?

Who is quicker ? Recently I dragged a car at the drags which does occasionally pull 14.5 on the 1/4 mile track. Being mates we went down the track next to each other seven times. Of those seven times that car pulled around 5 15 second passess and 2 14.6 pasess. I ended up doing 1 15 sec,2 14.9 sec and 4 14.8 second passess.

Even though he ran a quicker time on the night I ran consistenly quicker. Realistically who has the quicker car ? The car quicker on averages or the one who gets 1 or 2 quicker times?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
BlackLS

Quicker car, the other guy's
Quicker driver, probably you

If you and him swapped car, you'd be killing your own car. all things being equal
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
satria
FOXWHO

i'd say his car is quicker but you are the better driver, so theoretically you in his car would be the quickest combo hehehe
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who ever ran the quickest time has the qickest car IMO.
Old 30-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What was the mph/60ft of the two cars? That will determine who has the quickest car.

But the end of the day ET is king.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

I agree, quickest ET is the winner.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

same day, same track, same conditions.. fastest ET is quickest. The fact he backed it up just seals it.

You are more consistant.. but he is quicker.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #8
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

The quickest car is the one that wins the drag race isn't it. Not the one with the best PB. PB are just test and tune competing against yourself aren't they to see if you can drive it better tune it better than last time.

There is quite a bit of variation at the track even with professional timing gear and I would say the quickest car is the one is the one with a win AND the lowest ET on the slip in a head to head race.

Same day same track is meaningless except for a PB. There is no race here just a PB.

I have seen the same car lose .4 sec over the day as the humidity and temp dropped.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I mean I would give useless the win here wouldn't you?

But its still not that much faster like our PB's would suggest
Old 30-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

If its head to head then first past the line wins.. regardless of ET. If its simply a case of which car is quicker.. then the ET is the be all and end all. A backed up ET is just the final lock on it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #11
smally289
growing up is optional

First over the line wins, end of story. I have seen a quicker ET lose the race due to poor reaction time. Then it comes down to the skill of the driver. In bracket racing you have to be more consistant to win. In this case you would have beaten your mate on the night, with dial in times and breakouts.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
xrdreaming

imo in the context in which the question was asked "Who has the quickest car" not only on that night but who has the quickest car.

The car that has covered the 1/4 mile the fastest is the quickest car. That fact that others have said that if you were driving his car it would have gone even quicker just proves the point.

Not who is the more consistant or better driver but which car is the quickest.

So he has the quickest car, you were more consistant and faster on average on the night.

It is like the world record holder in the 100m sprint in athletics, he doesn't win every race he runs in but he is still classed the fastest man on earth.
Old 30-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
First over the line wins, end of story. I have seen a quicker ET lose the race due to poor reaction time. Then it comes down to the skill of the driver. In bracket racing you have to be more consistant to win. In this case you would have beaten your mate on the night, with dial in times and breakouts.
Thanks mate so you give me the win quicker car than useless on the head to head slip above eh!
Old 30-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #14
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I still reckon PB's are one thing and quickest car needs to be a head to head contest best ET not necessarliy win on reaction time. that way you know all environmental factors are equal well even then there are fast and slow lanes but its close.
Old 30-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

You start some of the oddest threads man.
You answered your own question with "who is the quickest".
If i do three 14.50 passes and seventeen 14.60, and you do twenty 14.55 runs, you are slower.
If you are talking "averages", its a different story, but no good for bragging rights, or being the quickest :
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #16
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
I still reckon PB's are one thing and quickest car needs to be a head to head contest best ET not necessarliy win on reaction time. that way you know all environmental factors are equal well even then there are fast and slow lanes but its close.
True jonbays, you want to see quickest car look at ET, head to head combination of car/driver first over the line wins.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #17
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Cool guys ta. I know I start some seemingly strange threads but even though this car is the quickest does not mean that its at its quickest every run. It also does not necessarily make it the quicker car in the sense that it can be beaten 5 out of 7 times in this example.
Overall though the timeslip does show the best it can do and deservingly much better than the wagon...for now. :king: .

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post